Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

T. Romo - update.

Romo participated in practice y-day. Albeit on a limited basis - he was in shoulder pads and helmet. He was active and threw passes in the air portion of practice, as well as participated in drills... Looks like he's on full track to return in 2 weeks against Miami.

And not a moment too soon.

Not to change subjects - but I guess my early hard on for Carr is coming to fruition. I was touting that kid as soon as he landed in Oakland.

But will it be too late for the Cowboys to make any kind of run? He comes back in two weeks, and you figure it will take him at least one game to get his timing back.

I kept him on my roster in the hope of having him come FF playoff time. I don't see a return on a Romo start for another 4 weeks.

But will it be too late for the Cowboys to make any kind of run?

This Sunday is basically a must win. It's already about a 70% chance of being done, a loss would make it 95%..... The rest of the division sucking is the only reason 8-8 has a chance to take it.

the cowboys being out of the playoff race definitely worries me as a bryant owner who is counting on romo coming back down the stretch. they are due to pull out a game here.

the cowboys being out of the playoff race definitely worries me as a bryant owner who is counting on romo coming back down the stretch. they are due to pull out a game here.

I overestimated Philly the 1st time around, really thought they'd pound us... After seeing what they are now, and after seeing how good our defense really is - I think we have a better than average shot to win this week. In fact, I'm betting on it.

This is a playoff game for the Cowboys. If they lose, they would be better served to not let Romo play and pack Dez in the the season. They should also bubble wrap Sean Lee and put him on a shelf since they've gotten "bonus" time out of him.

I'm pulling so hard for an Eagles victory this weekend it hurts. :headbanger:

I think Cowboys win this week. I think McFragile goes down and CMike takes the reins and doesn't let them go - and the D holds Philly to under 20.

Not to change subjects - but I guess my early hard on for Carr is coming to fruition. I was touting that kid as soon as he landed in Oakland.

The deal with Carr is that we all knew from Day 1 he had the physical and mental tools to play QB. Coming into the situation he did last year, and just ending the season on his feet without confidence shattered, really spoke volumes on the kids fortitude. So we knew we had a football player. What we didn't know was how good he'd be.

Obviously bringing in Coop and Crabtree, who's quickly becoming a fan favorite, has helped. And the running game is light years ahead of last year. But the kid has put the work in and the story is that he's being heavily tutored by his older brother on the knocks of the league.

One thing for certain is he's a QB in this league. Just how good he becomes is uncertain.

Both Romo and Victor Cruz are on my waiver wire.

I have Big Ben and Tyrod Taylor as QB's

I'd drop Eddie Royal to pick up Cruz.

Honestly, I think I'm going to pass on both. Blah.

I think hope the Cowboys win this week. I think hope McFragile goes down and CMike takes the reins and doesn't let them go - and the D holds Philly to under 20.

Fixored!

was listening to the radio on the way into work this morning and they were saying it's completely possible the Cowboys made a tactical mistake by putting Romo on I.R. which guarantees he will be out until Wk 11. He's healed and has been throwing and conceivably come back already, but the IR designation will prevent him. If the Cowboys lose this weekend due to poor QB play (again) that decision may come back to haunt them.

was listening to the radio on the way into work this morning and they were saying it's completely possible the Cowboys made a tactical mistake by putting Romo on I.R. which guarantees he will be out until Wk 11. He's healed and has been throwing and conceivably come back already, but the IR designation will prevent him. If the Cowboys lose this weekend due to poor QB play (again) that decision may come back to haunt them.

I was pissed as soon as they announced it... Red and Linehan GREATLY overestimated what they could get out of Weeden and Cassell.

eh--a broken clavicle is like a clock. it requires less pressure to fracture than any other bone in the body, and the calcification (think scar tissue) provides a focus for stress, such that the curve is less able to dissipate it (like a flaw in an eggshell). romo wasn't cleared for even light throwing until wednesday, and had to take thursday off. if he were to come back inside the 8-week timeframe, he would be doing so on only 2 days of full practice, with substantial risk of aggravating the injury.

8 weeks was the right call, period. there's a reason this timeframe is almost universal with clavicle fractures.

I'd roll with Tony wk 11 vs. a tasty matchup with the Fins.

After 11, he faces: CAR, WASH, GB, NYJ, BUF.

Romo is on my 10 team wire as of now, and I'm debating on dropping Ryan's sorry azz for Romo. (I have Eli too). I've been trying to package deal Ryan for Carr, Dalton, etc- but no takers.

Both Romo & Mariota are on the wire.

But I'll be damned, I still recall (and pissed!) 3 yrs ago, freeking Romo losing my wk 16 championship game reinjuring his shoulder in the 1st Q and sitting out the game.

Sure there is a chance .

Depends on if 8-8 will win that pathetic division.

I don't believe 8-8 wins the division. 9-7 is the likely baseline. Dallas needs to go 6-2, I'm not buying it with their remaining schedule, especially when Romo is going to have to ease back into the offense (timing, etc).

Stranger things have happened, but I'd bet against 7-1 and 6-2 in the second half.

Is there the chance that when Dallas reaches 8 losses they shut Romo down for the year?

possible, but i think it's unlikely. the broken bone is not a chronic or compound injury that can be aggravated. it would be one thing if they had a young QB to develop, but rolling the rest of the way with cassell would be quitting the season--why should anyone bother suiting up? that would be the worst possible message to send, and IMO could destroy the culture that garrett has spent the last 4 years installing.

and you never know. DAL could run the table--it's quite possible with romo and dez back, if the defense could get off the takeaway schnide. NY could swoon. PHI could go back to looking incompetent. imagine how foolish the FO would look if they forfeited the rest of the season, only to see a 9-7 team take the division crown.

you play to win the game.

possible, but i think it's unlikely. the broken bone is not a chronic or compound injury that can be aggravated. it would be one thing if they had a young QB to develop, but rolling the rest of the way with cassell would be quitting the season--why should anyone bother suiting up? that would be the worst possible message to send, and IMO could destroy the culture that garrett has spent the last 4 years installing.

and you never know. DAL could run the table--it's quite possible with romo and dez back, if the defense could get off the takeaway schnide. NY could swoon. PHI could go back to looking incompetent. imagine how foolish the FO would look if they forfeited the rest of the season, only to see a 9-7 team take the division crown.

you play to win the game.

All valid points. I have Tannehill, but that guy won't win me a championship. Romo, playing with his pants on fire, just may.

I'd like to see their coach get back to the clipboard and give up his career as a guidance counselor.

From a fantasy perspective if I'm in a PPR league I'm definitely buying on Beasely.

I don't believe 8-8 wins the division. 9-7 is the likely baseline.

In theory - yes...... Here's the problem - the remaining road for all 3 contention teams are equally difficult.

Washington (4-5): @Carolina, Giants, Dallas, @Chicago, Buffalo, @Philly, @Dallas - do you see 5 more wins in there? :nono:

Philly (4-5): Bucs, @Detroit, @NE, Buffalo, Arizona, Washington, @Giants - do you see 5 more wins, especially w/Bradford out? :nono:

New York (5-5): @Washington, Jets, @Miami, Carolina, @Minnesota, Philly - do you see 4 more wins in there? Ok here, maybe - but it's very iffy. :dunno:

Not saying anything about Dallas' chances to run the table or even go 6-2 down the stretch.... I am saying 8-8, or even 7-9 has a real shot at winning the East.

In theory - yes...... Here's the problem - the remaining road for all 3 contention teams are equally difficult.

Washington (4-5): @Carolina, Giants, Dallas, @Chicago, Buffalo, @Philly, @Dallas - do you see 5 more wins in there? :nono:

Philly (4-5): Bucs, @Detroit, @NE, Buffalo, Arizona, Washington, @Giants - do you see 5 more wins, especially w/Bradford out? :nono:

New York (5-5): @Washington, Jets, @Miami, Carolina, @Minnesota, Philly - do you see 4 more wins in there? Ok here, maybe - but it's very iffy. :dunno:

Not saying anything about Dallas' chances to run the table or even go 6-2 down the stretch.... I am saying 8-8, or even 7-9 has a real shot at winning the East.

Skins have Carolina, but every other game is winnable.

Eagles have NE and Ariz but every other game is winnable.

Giants have Carolina but every other game is winnable.

9-7 will take the division.

I say he gets hurt again.

7-9 may win it, it's going to depend on division record, and conference record.

Giants 2-2 4-4 @ Redskins, vs Eagles

Redskins 1-1 4-2 vs Giants, vs Cowboys, @ Eagles, @ Cowboys

Eagles 2-2 3-4 vs Redskins, @ Giants

Cowboys 2-2 2-6 @ Redskins, vs Redskins

Cowboys essentially have to win-out because Washington has the ability to finish better division record-wise than anybody else (5-1 potential, where the best everybody else could go is 4-2) and currently has the best conference record. That conference record is the killer for the Cowboys. They only have 4 left (2 division, 2 conference) and best they can go is 6-6. It's basically win 6 of the last 7 and ALL the division games to have a chance.

Skins have Carolina, but every other game is winnable.

Eagles have NE and Ariz but every other game is winnable.

Giants have Carolina but every other game is winnable.

9-7 will take the division.

It's the NFL - every game is winnable.... But if you think the Skins or Birds are going 5-2 over that stretch, you're on crack.

It's the NFL - every game is winnable.... But if you think the Skins or Birds are going 5-2 over that stretch, you're on crack.

I would assume you are correct. However, I believe one team will defy the odds and go on a decent run.

It could be Dallas, but that's an awfully deep hole to climb out of. Giants, I just don't think they are good enough to do it.

I'm totally down on my Eagles. The receiving corp has been a dreadful disappointment, as well as Kelly's coaching. The offense is very vanilla and basic. They just don't have the horses to impose their will on people.

So I'm going by QB play. Cousins is on fire. If they remain healthy, I can see that team making a very, very, very lucky run. I don't believe it's based on talent, just a QB who's on a hot streak and backed by a decent running game.

So I'm going by QB play. Cousins is on fire. If they remain healthy, I can see that team making a very, very, very lucky run. I don't believe it's based on talent, just a QB who's on a hot streak and backed by a decent running game.

So now Philly or Wash has to go 5-1 to finish 9-7. If you believe that (again) you're on crack... NY still has a chance - but it's not likely.... Telling you 7-9 has a real shot at taking the East.. 8-8 at best.

So now Philly or Wash has to go 5-1 to finish 9-7. If you believe that (again) you're on crack... NY still has a chance - but it's not likely.... Telling you 7-9 has a real shot at taking the East.. 8-8 at best.

I'd argue NYG are currently the favorites to win the East. They just have to go 3-3 to finish 8-8, and have winnable match-ups against PHI and NYJ at home and WAS and MIA on the road. If they can find a way to beat CAR at home or MIN on the road they just have to win 2 of those other 4.

Meanwhile, DAL will need to win at least 2 of the games against CAR at home and GB and BUF on the road to even be in the conversation.

WAS is the team that will really set the pace, as they still have to play DAL twice, PHI and NYG – 4 games against division opponents. If they can beat the Bears on the road and split those 4 games a win against BUF at home would make them 8-8.

I belive PHI is toast.

I'd argue NYG are currently the favorites to win the East.

I think that was the entire point of my discussion. For sure they are the only ones who can get to 9-7... I'd say 55% chance 8-8 wins the division, 45% 7-9 does.

I think that was the entire point of my discussion. For sure they are the only ones who can get to 9-7... I'd say 55% chance 8-8 wins the division, 45% 7-9 does.

So basically then a coin flip 8-8 or 7-9 wins the division. Before this week ELO forecast had NYG as 8-8 w/ a 58% chance to win division. DAL and WAS at 6-10, PHI at 7-9, indeed making NYG the clear favorite by your line of thinking.

But given DAL would have to go 4-2 to be 7-9 and NYG would need to go 2-4, I'd be much more apt to say NYG at 8-8 or better wins it.

So basically then a coin flip 8-8 or 7-9 wins the division. Before this week ELO forecast had NYG as 8-8 w/ a 58% chance to win division. DAL and WAS at 6-10, PHI at 7-9, indeed making NYG the clear favorite by your line of thinking.

But given DAL would have to go 4-2 to be 7-9 and NYG would need to go 2-4, I'd be much more apt to say NYG at 8-8 or better wins it.

I've never once figured Dallas into the picture - still don't if 8-8 wins takes it... right now - the entire ball is in NY's court. They are the only team that can get to 9-7 and the most likely team to get to 8-8 of the bunch.

However - if 7-9 ends up leading this division, all 4 still have a shot.

I'd argue NYG are currently the favorites to win the East. They just have to go 3-3 to finish 8-8, and have winnable match-ups against PHI and NYJ at home and WAS and MIA on the road. If they can find a way to beat CAR at home or MIN on the road they just have to win 2 of those other 4.

Meanwhile, DAL will need to win at least 2 of the games against CAR at home and GB and BUF on the road to even be in the conversation.

WAS is the team that will really set the pace, as they still have to play DAL twice, PHI and NYG – 4 games against division opponents. If they can beat the Bears on the road and split those 4 games a win against BUF at home would make them 8-8.

I belive PHI is toast.

Yeah--would be hard to bet against the Giants at this point. DAL largely controls its destiny vs the skins, but NY is clearly in the driver's seat.

7-9 may win it, it's going to depend on division record, and conference record.

Giants 2-2 4-4 @ Redskins, vs Eagles

Redskins 1-1 4-2 vs Giants, vs Cowboys, @ Eagles, @ Cowboys

Eagles 2-2 3-4 vs Redskins, @ Giants

Cowboys 2-2 2-6 @ Redskins, vs Redskins

Cowboys essentially have to win-out because Washington has the ability to finish better division record-wise than anybody else (5-1 potential, where the best everybody else could go is 4-2) and currently has the best conference record. That conference record is the killer for the Cowboys. They only have 4 left (2 division, 2 conference) and best they can go is 6-6. It's basically win 6 of the last 7 and ALL the division games to have a chance.

Actually I BELIEVE the third tiebreaker is common opponents record.