This team is (currently) in great Cap shape - with a (projected) total of about $54m to play with in 2019.
However, as we know - that number is subject to change any day now... Tank was Franchised the other day, whether or not he accepts, we will see... Dak, Zeke and Amari are all currently under contract and (technically) Dallas doesn't have to worry about them for a year or so still...
But we all know Jerry is senile and we all know that this team could fock it all up at the drop of a hat... I have a sinking, sickening feeling that Jerry is about repeat the same mistake he's made many times over - over investing in offensive bells and whistles... There's and iceberg out there coming, and Jerry is headed for it full steam if he's not careful.
* Dak, Zeke and Cooper are all going to be due around the same time - you gonna pay all of them?
* You can not win with 30% of your Cap tied up in your backfield - and Jerry is headed there.
* Dak is not an elite qb - and you simply can't pay him like one either. To give him $30m+ a year and have him for the next 10 years is a death sentence.
* You do not pay RBs, ever - not in today's game. And by the time Zeke is up, he will have damn near 1500 carries - which is the cliff for RBs in this league.
* Eventually Vander Esch and Jaylon are gonna be due - you gonna pay them too? I'd damn sure rather pay them than Zeke.