Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

Terrell Owens Tried To Committ Suicide

The hospital may have forgone the stay in the psych ward because TO much have a team of handlers. The Cowboys probably have their own psychology experts. I guarantee he is not allow right night…

I agree with this , they could have signed a release and included that he was going to be seen by a private physician/clinician. But the hospital without a doubt has the documented truth about the incident, will be on the internet soon I suppose, like everything else.

Wow. Eagles fans are nasty. If this story is true, he will probably shut it down for the season and get help.

I'm an Eagles fan and I posted this earlier in the thread.

How could he POSSIBLY play by the Eagles game or in the Eagles game. That is a recipe for disaster. He probably shouldn't be allowed to play again this year for his own safety.

Way to generalize.

Look, an attempted suicide is a story that gets a lot of attention (See all the clerks posting in here and watching various news channels)... An allergic reaction... not so much...

I wouldnt be supirsed at all if this was a farse or totally mis-reported...

IMO, T.O. loves himself too much to try and commit suicide... :doublethumbsup:

ROTOWORLD: conflicting reports

CNN, citing a police report obtained by Dallas TV Station WFAA, reports that Terrell Owens attempted to commit suicide Wednesday.

The original AP report said Owens suffered an adverse reaction to painkillers. On Tuesday, Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said of the incident, "This is not serious." NFL Sirius Satellite radio says Owens left a Dallas hospital Wednesday morning. Sep. 27 - 9:55 am et

------------------------------

suicide is a hefty claim. if he didnt try to commit suicide...what the hell is wrong with journalism today? everything is just speculation or "someone said" so we'll "report" it. if its true....yikes.

Any truth to the rumor that they brought Donovan McNabb in to show them how to induce vomiting?

Wonder what dance he did after he caught the last pill in his mouth.

dude, you're completely wrong, but that is some funny shizzit. :(

If he does play in that Eagles game, I wonder how may pill bottles will be thrown on the field.

I don't think people will throw pill bottles at him. However, what about styrofoam hats (like the cheesehead things) that are big white pills?

That would be effin hilarious. :banana:

ESPN radio just stated that TO confirmed it was a suicide attempt... Out of the hosptal, police, and ESPN reports... I believe TO the least, but they are all saying the same thing now.

Look, an attempted suicide is a story that gets a lot of attention (See all the clerks posting in here and watching various news channels)... An allergic reaction... not so much...

I wouldnt be supirsed at all if this was a farse or totally mis-reported...

IMO, T.O. loves himself too much to try and commit suicide... :banana:

I agree, this guy loves football, thats all he has got going for him and he is very good at it. But if this was a publicity stunt, which T.O is very capable of doing, then its going to backfire. I am not sure if he will be allowed to play untill his docs allow him too. Also, isnt there some kind of penalty for trying to commit suicide? not a lawyer, so not sure on that.

If he was really serious about the offing himself thing, he would have done this after a night out on the town with Koren Robinson. :banana:

Supposedly Ceisel The Diesel Collins was hiding in his closet.

At least it wasn't Davenpoopie. :banana:

I already picked up Patrick Crayton.

I thought that Parcells said that Crayton would not be starting in Owens' place even if he were to miss Week 4 :banana:

Who would be the main beneficiary of this time (other than Glenn)?

No matter what the outcome of this, I'm sure glad he won't be a distraction to the Cowboys all season... :banana:

:(

I have zero sympathy for the guy. If he doesn't want to be here, let him go. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone else in the process (like jumping from the roof of the hospital and landing on someone's head), who really cares.

Guy only cares about himself. When he stops caring about himself by wanting to commit suicide, are we supposed to feel sympathetic, or feel absolute pity for the guy?

If he did succeed, I wonder how he would have shown up on the injury report:

OUT

Terrelll Owens - self induced euthenasia

Suicide attempt is the first thing I thought. The first thing--even when they still saying "drug reaction".

The "drug reaction" thing made no sense. If you have a drug reaction, this means you took your prescribed dose, then as it entered your bloodstream (as it began to work), had the reaction.

If that is the case, inducing vomitting won't help at that point.

So because they said "inducing vomitting", I thought he might have done something stupid.

Suicide attempt is the first thing I thought. The first thing--even when they still saying "drug reaction".

The "drug reaction" thing made no sense. If you have a drug reaction, this means you took your prescribed dose, then as it entered your bloodstream (as it began to work), had the reaction.

If that is the case, inducing vomitting won't help at that point.

So because they said "inducing vomitting", I thought he might have done something stupid.

Great, give yourself a cookie. :dunno:

Any truth to the rumor that Drew Rosenhaus is holding a press conference to annouce he is accepting new clients? :dunno:

I thought that Parcells said that Crayton would not be starting in Owens' place even if he were to miss Week 4 :dunno:

Who would be the main beneficiary of this time (other than Glenn)?

I've got to believe that was Parcells just trying to keep the media wolves at bay.

The DAL depth chart @WR reads: TO, Glenn, Crayton, Terrance Copper :( and Skyler Green :dunno:

Last year Crayton showed some flashes and seemed to be on his way to becoming a "Parcells guy."

So, Glenn gets a boost, as does Crayton. I also believe that the DAL TEs will get a boost...although, I'm not sure how that will play out between Witten and Fasano.

This may be the fastest thread to get to 2,500 views in the history of FFToday. Shaun Alexander's thread is already about to be eclipsed. :(

As far as T.O. is concerned, my personal opinion is that he's exactly what is wrong with sports today. Egotistical, shamelessy self promoted attention wh0re who given the right state of mind, may have been one of the best receivers in history.

Having said all that, he clearly hasn't been in the right state of mind. Bipolar symptoms across the board and unless you've actually had a loved one or a friend with this disorder, you will never fully understand or be sympathetic to it.

If it was a suicide attempt and he honestly did take 30 pills, you do that to die and that's just plain sad. He's obviously sick and has a chemical inbalance and for all of you that want to mock the situation, a big :dunno: It could be you or your wife (post partum depression) or a family member at anytime.

I am a Doctor in Pharmacology and a couple of things don't make sense either.

#1) Vicodin has 2 components that can be fatal.

A) Hydrocodone - a synthetic form of Codeine. Taken in large amounts, once absorbed can cause Respiratory Depression -- he stops breathing -- thus, his stomach had to be pumped BEFORE full absorption of the med.

:dunno: Acetaminophen ( ie TYLENOL) - taken in large amounts can cause your LIVER to shut down. The max amount of Tylenol to be taken in a day is 4000 mg or 4 GRAMS safely. If he took 40 pills that would be equivalent to 20 GRAMS or 20000 MG -- this would be very serious not only at the time of ingesting the pills, but also an issue up to 48 hours later. Thus, his stomach would also have to be pumped or given medicine to adsorb (bind) to the active ingredient.

Summarized.... I find it hard to believe (a) he is out of the hospital this AM if the case above is correct (:( that the facts reported are correct.

This may be the fastest thread to get to 2,500 views in the history of FFToday. Shaun Alexander's thread is already about to be eclipsed. :(

As far as T.O. is concerned, my personal opinion is that he's exactly what is wrong with sports today. Egotistical, shamelessy self promoted attention wh0re who given the right state of mind, may have been one of the best receivers in history.

Having said all that, he clearly hasn't been in the right state of mind. Bipolar symptoms across the board and unless you've actually had a loved one or a friend with this disorder, you will never fully understand or be sympathetic to it.

If it was a suicide attempt and he honestly did take 30 pills, you do that to die and that's just plain sad. He's obviously sick and has a chemical inbalance and for all of you that want to mock the situation, a big :dunno: It could be you or your wife (post partum depression) or a family member at anytime.

Cant agree more. I have been around people with this problem. Sometimes they are 100% normal, sometimes they act as if the world is crashing in.....even when very little is wrong. It is a chemical thing, not something that is "developed".

Being from philly, I am not a huge fan of TO. But I do hope he gets some help.

Well said.

And I suppose there is a chance, when the dust settles, TO will say, that he DIDN'T respond with "Yes" to the police when they asked him if he tried to harm himself. Or he'll say there was a misunderstanding, and that it was a drug reaction, or possibly that he lied about taking all the pills---for whatever reason.

This may be the fastest thread to get to 2,500 views in the history of FFToday. Shaun Alexander's thread is already about to be eclipsed. :shocking:

If it was a suicide attempt and he honestly did take 30 pills, you do that to die and that's just plain sad. He's obviously sick and has a chemical inbalance and for all of you that want to mock the situation, a big :thumbsdown: It could be you or your wife (post partum depression) or a family member at anytime.

I doubt anyone wife has tried to renegotiate a prenup one year into a marriage, or after getting remarried, said "I want to move on with my life, and forget the past", only to release a book about the history of the previous marriage in order to make money from it.

For the life of me, I cannot believe that Owens has never been recommended to seek some sort of psychological treatment/therapy, considering all the crazy stuff he's done over his career, and especially, the way he was raised during childhood.

I'm guessing plenty of people decided to look the other way because of what he could do on the field. And, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that someone did recommend therapy to him, and his ego answering "no, I don't need therapy".

The tragedy in that instance is that it always takes an event like this to force said person to seek couseling/treatment.

Again, no sympathy. He's a grown man surrounded by a vast amount of handlers who are capable of seeing the signs that he's really in trouble, but no one with the stones to actually approach him to tell him he's in trouble.

On the other hand, if he is bi-polar, it is very treatable with medication. Can you imagine what he would be capable of if he were stable on the right meds? Yeah, they might pull his "edge" down a hair, but if that guy were ever consistant he would be as good as he thinks he is!

I'm sure Jerry Jones is on suicide watch now after hearing this.....

What can be said... dood has problems. Always has..... but when you REALLY want to die, you use a gun or jump off a high building. When you want attention or help... you do something of this nature.

Any truth to the rumor that they brought Donovan McNabb in to show them how to induce vomiting?

:thumbsdown:

but funny.

get this guy off the football field and get him some help. its been pretty obvious that he lost his mind a few years ago

Seems odd that it would be an allergic reaction. He had this injury over a week ago, and surgery shortly thereafter. Surely he would have been on pain killers for a while now, so why wouldn't the reaction have shown up earlier. Maybe they changed his medication recently, but it seems like more than an allergic reaction.

on Sirius radio now...

medical situation, not a criminal offense

not confirming anything

not taking any questions

real informative :thumbsdown: