Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

****Official Colts vs. Patriots Thread****

he's making it interesting. :ninja:

brady has zero to prove anymore. free tip. this would be another cherry on top the jar of cherries already topping the sundae.

That's a good point.

Good game Colts, good job Manning. Have a fun time with the Superbowl you earned it. :ninja:

Hey, it took a miracle comeback for the Red Sox to finally overcome the Yankees......maybe just maybe Manning will finally get past the Pats with a miracle comeback of his own????

I love being right!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to the Colts and Manning, hope they can finish the job. That was a great game, too bad the pats couldnt finish them off, the better team won.

Hats off to the Colts and Manning, hope they can finish the job. That was a great game, too bad the pats couldnt finish them off, the better team won.

Nice to see Pats fans handle losing with class :ninja:

Nice to see Pats fans handle losing with class :ninja:

I'd like to see the Colts win it all.

Dame good game and Manning needs to take his offense line and the refs out to dinner.

I don't think the refs had anything to do with the outcome of this game. The Colts earned it in a tough game. Congrats the them and their fans :banana:

Good game Pats fans! :banana:

I hope we have your support against the Bears!

Good game Pats fans! :dunno:

Absolutely. :banana:

I will be cheering for the Colts to win the Superbowl.

Wow. Un... believable game. Still stunned at the comeback and the amazing plays that happened to get this team and city into the super bowl for the first time.

:banana: :( :dunno: :wall:

Wonder if I'll sleep tonight?

Dame good game and Manning needs to take his offense line and the refs out to dinner.

Congrats. You have been by far the most comical of all the posters in this thread. While everyone else is commenting on the game, you stuck to your guns with the Manning hatred.

Good game Pats fans! :dunno:

The Colts outplayed the Patriots in this game and they deserved this win. I was telling everyone that I was watching the game with that we have to put up at least 35 before I will even consider feeling happy. Apparently the number that I needed was 40 :blink:

IndyTom - You have been a great source of info during the week and in the past. I have to admit that you are one of the key reasons that I will root for the Colts in a couple of weeks. Enjoy these next couple of days and then hope that more is beyond :cheers:

Appreciate the high-class Pats fans in here. I know the loss is tough, but it clearly means a great deal to a lot of us. As a city, Indy has little to hang their hat on. One championship appearance by the Pacers... and that's it. So win or lose in 2 weeks... we can at least celebrate for now an organization that has been so close for years.

Thanks again, guys. :cheers:

Appreciate the high-class Pats fans in here. I know the loss is tough, but it clearly means a great deal to a lot of us. As a city, Indy has little to hang their hat on. One championship appearance by the Pacers... and that's it. So win or lose in 2 weeks... we can at least celebrate for now an organization that has been so close for years.

If you get a chance, go to Miami. The SB is something to appreciate. You may only get one chance to go, so I would encourage it. Especially in Miami.

If not, just enjoy the weeks that precede it and realize that it really is just a game. Get the family involved and make it like a once in a lifetime event.

I have been to two SB's and have not regretted one minute or dollar spent at either.

I'm happy for Dungy

so am i..im glad that Nantz didnt ask him about his son and the year its been..i guess THAT story can come out during media week...

im happy for dungy also...

Well deserved win. Go AFC!!! (sorry Walt :first: )

Some additional comments I want to mention about the game....

Those that predicted D.Clark would be the "unlikely hero" were dead on. More generally though it was the TE position that absolutely killed the Pats D, which was where my biggest concern was going into the game. While Clark had the bulk of the yards, the TEs combined for 200 receiving yards (Clark 137). Wow!

But on the same note, huge credit has to be given to Samuel and Hobbs. Without these two playing at the level they did, this game wouldn't have even been close IMO. They were left one-on-one for most of the game and made outstanding plays in the first half and continued with very good coverage throught the second half on Harrison and Wayne, effectively shutting them down (I'm not going into the holding / tripped on his own feet non-call on Hobbs). To use the old cleche, if you told me before the game that Harrison and Wayne would only combine for 109 and no TDs, I would have said, see you in Miami.

Concerning the future, I REALLY hope the Pats figure out some way to pay Samuel and keep him on the roster. Because we all know shut-down corners (which he's turning into) don't come along often. But he's in line for a big pay day as a FA. We'll see if he's in it soley for the money in the off-season.

I respected you until that statement. Not sure if you saw all the holding that was going on with the Pat O-line. Freeney got held several times...no calls. And you cannot smack a QB in the helmet with your arm, hands or whatever...it IS a penalty. The game was called evenly, and if you dont think so, then you are a Pats homer....or just hate the Colts.

Checking in to extend my congrats to IndyTom and all Colts fans. There are no excuses, the Patriots had a chance to seal the victory and they blew it. The Colts never gave up and they made the big plays to earn the victory. The referees were a non-factor, so I'm grateful for that much. I'm happy for Peyton Manning.

Some additional comments I want to mention about the game....

Those that predicted D.Clark would be the "unlikely hero" were dead on. More generally though it was the TE position that absolutely killed the Pats D, which was where my biggest concern was going into the game. While Clark had the bulk of the yards, the TEs combined for 200 receiving yards (Clark 137). Wow!

But on the same note, huge credit has to be given to Samuel and Hobbs. Without these two playing at the level they did, this game wouldn't have even been close IMO. They were left one-on-one for most of the game and made outstanding plays in the first half and continued with very good coverage throught the second half on Harrison and Wayne, effectively shutting them down (I'm not going into the holding / tripped on his own feet non-call on Hobbs). To use the old cleche, if you told me before the game that Harrison and Wayne would only combine for 109 and no TDs, I would have said, see you in Miami.

Concerning the future, I REALLY hope the Pats figure out some way to pay Samuel and keep him on the roster. Because we all know shut-down corners (which he's turning into) don't come along often. But he's in line for a big pay day as a FA. We'll see if he's in it soley for the money in the off-season.

Agree about the CBs. They played a very strong game.

Another note is that Goskowski was flawless in the playoffs right?

As for the pats, attrition seems to be taking its toll. They have had many losses over the years and replaced these losses with mostly younger or lesser talent. They are still competitive, but the losses have been felt. The secondary and WRs are the most obvious areas along with the coaching staff outside of BB. If they lose Samuel next year, that will hurt.

That is life in the cap era.

Heh. I'm having a blast reading the footballguys thread on this. Right now I'm on page 6 and all the Pats fans and Manning haters are having a field day. They'd declared victory. Can't wait to read on to the later pages. :thumbsdown:

Heh. I'm having a blast reading the footballguys thread on this. Right now I'm on page 6 and all the Pats fans and Manning haters are having a field day. They'd declared victory. Can't wait to read on to the later pages. :thumbsdown:

Exactly why I kept my mouth shut (i.e. no posts) until the game was over. Anyone who thought a 21-3 1st half lead was safe, hasn't watched Manning and the Colts offense very much.

JScott: Sending you an e-mail shortly.

I'll keep an eye out. Yahoo addy?

Checking in to extend my congrats to IndyTom and all Colts fans. There are no excuses, the Patriots had a chance to seal the victory and they blew it. The Colts never gave up and they made the big plays to earn the victory. The referees were a non-factor, so I'm grateful for that much. I'm happy for Peyton Manning.

Thanks DBZ :mad:

As always, I enjoy what seems like an annual ritual between us! With any luck, we will have a similarly titled thread this time next year as well. :clap:

Thanks DBZ :huh:

As always, I enjoy what seems like an annual ritual between us! With any luck, we will have a similarly titled thread this time next year as well. :doh:

I'm going to probably receive flack for this, but when I saw Manning hanging his head down on the Patriots' final drive, for the first time ever I felt bad for him. He couldn't bare to watch. It reminded me how it felt like being a Red Sox fan for all those years when the Yankees would just rip their hearts out every time, the inevitability of defeat. As a Patriots fan I absolutely wanted them to win more than anything, but I couldn't shake off that sense of remorse. When the Colts picked the ball off, and they stormed the field, it was a sinking feeling, not a good feeling. But it was a feeling that I know Manning and the Colts and their fans felt so many times before against the Patriots, so beyond my team affiliation I felt relieved for Manning. Not at that moment, but upon reflection. Here's hoping the Colts represent the AFC proudly in the big game and for a rematch next year.

JScott: Yeah, sent it to that one and the iWon account as well just in case. Thanks.