Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

***OFFICIAL*** MODERN WARFARE 2 THREAD

Anyone have printable maps available? It seems I am still running around not knowing where I am going half the time. Last time I printed up the maps and it helped me out a lot

Been a while since I played COD online. Might take a while to shake off the rust.

I just started the online play today; still working my way to level 8.

So far I HATE the wasteland map.

Sent out some invites. I'm KllDave.

Also, what's the official clan tag for the crew?

Anyone have printable maps available? It seems I am still running around not knowing where I am going half the time. Last time I printed up the maps and it helped me out a lot

I dont know if this helps but alot of info on this site

This site

I dont know if this helps but alot of info on this site

This site

I looked there, I didn't see the clickable links on there, now I do..

I will print these up, and if I ever find a good spot I will mark it on my map so I remeber, it helps in the beginning

I got BLS and Davebg....Who is wants to posse up? Sux? Edjr?

shotsup

so my kid beat campaign mode - half the mini games and is level 35 online.

Me - level 9

I suck :pointstosky:

13 and rising

InsideJob90

I'll be your boom stick for those of you struggling. Ask Sux. :lol:

I will be adding both of you after the foosball game. :pointstosky:

is it better than socom 2?

i like the team based 1 kill and ur dead. last man standing is the team winner

InsideJob90

I'll be your boom stick for those of you struggling. Ask Sux. :bandana:

I am not sure what this means? You played and killed him a bunch or helped him out?

I played a good 3 hours or so this weekend and made it to level 10, it is exactly like COD 1 so it got very boring very fast, and I had to stop.

is it better than socom 2?

i like the team based 1 kill and ur dead. last man standing is the team winner

I hear it's the same typical first person shooter respawn B.S. You never get drawn into the game or have the intensity of having to make it though the round without dying. SOCOM 1 and 2 were the best gaming experiences ever. I find COD MW pretty boring - even the single player campaigns suck compared to SOCOM. The COD games look pretty though and run smooth and if you like mindless shooting at anything that moves, then that's your game. COD MW2 does have a limited 3rd person view - but doubt it's anything like SOCOM. SOCOM was about stealth, communication and outsmarting the other team to win the objectives.

"SOCOM Confrontation" is about as close as you'll get - until the rumored SOCOM 4 comes out. "Confrontation" has some problems but it's fun overall and they are soon to be releasing Nightstalker, Vigilance, Blizzard and some new original maps plus weapons in a Downloadable pack.

Since when can you get shot 3 or 4 times and then not die?

InsideJob90

I'll be your boom stick for those of you struggling. Ask Sux. :(

As much as it pains me to admit it, Me2006 is prolly the best of all of us...for now.

I saw that swirve has picked up his game quite a bit.. .95% K/D ratio :thumbsdown:

I could swear that I was playing with KllrDave last night for a few games.. (that was you, right?)

As much as it pains me to admit it, Me2006 is prolly the best of all of us...for now.

I saw that swirve has picked up his game quite a bit.. .95% K/D ratio :(

I could swear that I was playing with KllrDave last night for a few games.. (that was you, right?)

The order of goodness also is probaly related to age...

Also I ended the last one with around ~1.35 K/d ratio I just need my claymores and I will be rolling :thumbsdown:

Yes, that was me stinking up the place. We really do need to settle on a clan tag so we can be on the same team. Although, there was a stretch in the snow where you and I kept killing one another, which was kinda fun.

The order of goodness also is probaly related to age...

Also I ended the last one with around ~1.35 K/d ratio I just need my claymores and I will be rolling :(

when do we get claymores? I love those fockers.

~100

I think it was around 37, matrydome was 27 or around there.

This is the reason I don't do prestige mode. I don't care how cool it is to move up, I don't want to lose all my toys.

Yes, that was me stinking up the place. We really do need to settle on a clan tag so we can be on the same team. Although, there was a stretch in the snow where you and I kept killing one another, which was kinda fun.

Might has well be something simple like "GEEK"

only get 1 claymore this time around. :music_guitarred:

level 31

~100

I think it was around 37, matrydome was 27 or around there.

This is the reason I don't do prestige mode. I don't care how cool it is to move up, I don't want to lose all my toys.

I'm pretty sure that I saw it said that you don't lose anything this time around.

only get 1 claymore this time around. :doublethumbsup:

level 31

Weapon list

The box art design used by retailers as a placeholder.

Robert Bowling (Infinity Ward's creative strategist) showing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's semi-final box art.This is a list of all weapons that are in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Primary weapons Assault Rifles Start - FAMAS

Lv. 4 - M4A1 Carbine

Lv. 8 - SCAR-H

Lv. 20 - TAR-21

Lv. 28 - FAL

Lv. 40 - M16A4

Lv. 48 - ACR

Lv. 60 - F2000

Lv. 70 - AK-47

Submachine Guns Start - UMP .45

Lv. 4 - MP5k

Lv. 12 - Vector

Lv. 24 - P90

Lv. 44 - Mini Uzi

Light Machine Guns Start - L86 LSW

Lv. 4 - RPD

Lv. 16 - MG4

Lv. 32 - AUG HBAR

Lv. 52 - M240

Sniper Rifles Start - CheyTac Intervention

Lv. 4 - Barrett .50 Cal (A.K.A. M107)

Lv. 36 - WA2000

Lv. 56 - M21 EBR

Campaign only - Dragunov

Riot Shield See main article: Riot Shield

The Riot Shield occupies the primary weapon slot. The player cannot shoot or use another weapon while holding the shield, but can melee with it. The shield can be swapped for the player's secondary weapon at any time, when it is then carried on the player's back and provides a moderate level of protection from behind. When held, the shield protects the player from weapons fire from the front, but will become riddled with bullet impacts and make visibility very difficult. The shields will never break and cannot be shot through by any guns, and protect the player from frontal explosions.

Secondary weapons Machine Pistols Start - PP-2000

Lv. 22 - Glock 18

Lv. 38 - M93 Raffica

Lv. 58 - TMP

Shotguns Start - SPAS-12

Lv. 18 - AA-12

Lv. 34 - Striker

Lv. 42 - Ranger

Lv. 54 - M1014

Lv. 67 - Model 1887

Museum level only - W1200

Handguns Start - USP .45

Lv. 26 - .44 Magnum (A.K.A. Colt Anaconda)

Lv. 46 - M9

Lv. 62 - Desert Eagle

Museum level only - M1911

Launchers Start - AT4-HS

Lv. 14 - Thumper (M79)

Lv. 30 - Stinger

Lv. 50 - Javelin

Lv. 65 - RPG-7

Miscellaneous Mounted Minigun

Other items Equipment Start - Frag Grenade

Start - Semtex

Lv. 7 - Throwing Knife

Lv. 11 - Tactical Insertion

Lv. 19 - Blast Shield

Lv. 31 - Claymores

Lv. 43 - C4

Special Grenade Flashbang x2

Smoke grenade x1

Stun grenade x2

Game was easy. Beat it on veteran and collected 41 of 50 a-cheese-mints.

All of the online maps are similar to COD4.

Might has well be something simple like "GEEK"

GEEK it is, although, I'd be surprised if we're the only people using that.

Not sure exactly. I know I'm around level 30, and I just got them as an equipment option a few rounds ago.

I love em for sniping, but man it sucks when you don't have a frag to throw at a guy who's running away from you.

ETA: Nevermind....see that you all beat me to it.

GEEK it is...will change my clan tag from POON to GEEK tonight. :wacko:

only get 1 claymore this time around. :wall:

level 31

Oh wow that is fricken huge it makes them pretty much useless, well at least for sniping, I can't think of one place where there is only one entry. WTF this pisses me off I'm gonna go fokcing return the game now :thumbsdown:

Game was easy. Beat it on veteran and collected 41 of 50 a-cheese-mints.

All of the online maps are similar to COD4.

maps are nothing similair

This JUST IN...

Sux and I played again last night....

And it has been confirmed.

Sux.........well.......sucks.

That is all..

:doh:

Oh wow that is fricken huge it makes them pretty much useless, well at least for sniping, I can't think of one place where there is only one entry. WTF this pisses me off I'm gonna go fokcing return the game now :doh:

Right, the whole point of 2 was to block both entrances to where you were sniping from, one is ghey :)

My only issue is that there are few maps where a sniper role can flourish.

If you recall COD 2, each map was designed so that each role could be useful and if you were inclined toward one role you were bound to find a spot to enjoy that kind of play.

Custom maps (PC version) were bountiful too, some of them were pretty amazing.

I don't much care for the fact the people spawn right on top of you either. In previous versions when you managed to push into an area, you effectively pushed the other team "back" to another spawn point. The current method of spawning is meh.....

But I love the new weaps and perks and the detailed nature of the maps in particular. Plus, most of them are pretty big, though there are still a few "slugfest" maps where you can really enjoy a nice firefight.... :doh:

My only issue is that there are few maps where a sniper role can flourish.

If you recall COD 2, each map was designed so that each role could be useful and if you were inclined toward one role you were bound to find a spot to enjoy that kind of play.

Custom maps (PC version) were bountiful too, some of them were pretty amazing.

I don't much care for the fact the people spawn right on top of you either. In previous versions when you managed to push into an area, you effectively pushed the other team "back" to another spawn point. The current method of spawning is meh.....

But I love the new weaps and perks and the detailed nature of the maps in particular. Plus, most of them are pretty big, though there are still a few "slugfest" maps where you can really enjoy a nice firefight.... :headbanger:

I played 5 games last night 3 of them were on Derail which I find good for sniping, however with the snow it is tough, I might need to get the motion heat sensor guide or whatever the fock it is. Also the windows are tinted so it's hard to see. I would get 3 kills then someone would sneak up behind me, and I would die twice more trying to get back to a decent spot. :pointstosky:

Has anyone successfully used the sentry gun? I am thinking it should automatically get you to 7 kills where you can get a chopper? Everytime I use the air missile I only get one kill, and a few times I don't get any. The sentry gun keeps going until someone blows it up, you would think on certain maps it is good for a few kills?

Has anyone successfully used the sentry gun? I am thinking it should automatically get you to 7 kills where you can get a chopper? Everytime I use the air missile I only get one kill, and a few times I don't get any. The sentry gun keeps going until someone blows it up, you would think on certain maps it is good for a few kills?

No

I played 5 games last night 3 of them were on Derail which I find good for sniping, however with the snow it is tough, I might need to get the motion heat sensor guide or whatever the fock it is. Also the windows are tinted so it's hard to see. I would get 3 kills then someone would sneak up behind me, and I would die twice more trying to get back to a decent spot. :music_guitarred:

This is an effect of the spawning issue. When you spawn together, your team as it pushes out from the nearby spawn point effectively "guards" your flanks. Thus, even if they aren't outright trying to, they protect your sniper position by default.

The perfect game for role-oriented play was Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. In fact, in that game each map had an objective that compelled you to work together as a team. The custom maps were flat out awesome too.

I am looking forward to the newer game styles available as I get higher ranks, it will be nice to play the flag one and what not. Some of the most vicious maps I ever played were capture the flag, really fun..... :banana:

This is an effect of the spawning issue. When you spawn together, your team as it pushes out from the nearby spawn point effectively "guards" your flanks. Thus, even if they aren't outright trying to, they protect your sniper position by default.

The perfect game for role-oriented play was Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. In fact, in that game each map had an objective that compelled you to work together as a team. The custom maps were flat out awesome too.

I am looking forward to the newer game styles available as I get higher ranks, it will be nice to play the flag one and what not. Some of the most vicious maps I ever played were capture the flag, really fun..... :dunno:

I scared to play other games in fear of not knowing what the fock I am supposed to do :(