Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One Commentary**

Anybody seen Matt's Eagles around this morning? Not his pick yet, but he's been MIA as far as I can tell...

Sent Robb and email letting him know he's otc. He has my cell in case he can't get to the board

Headed out for a couple hours, sent Fumble enough of a list to cover my first 2 picks. :bandana:

What about a list to Rurb for CHIMI

Sure enough, the two players I was thinking of were taken right before me.

Not 99% comfortable with McFadden, but with no real backup (Reece, so what...and no Bush to vulture carries) he could have a great year. It's all about the injuries to him, if none, then he will be a top 3 RB in 2012. The Oakland offense will be fun to watch this year!

Just looked at my first ADP list of the season!!!!!! Wow! Things going pretty much to Hoyle, but the landscape is a changing. Pleased now with my decision if these players make it to these ADP's. I'm sooo out of touch.

its fascinating how much this game has changed over the last few years.......seeing a qb and qr go in the 1st 6 picks here and this isnt even PPR.....cant fault any of the picks....there is so much risk this year at 1st glance after these top tier selections......

damn, barnburner of a draft we got going here!

The G-forces are twisting my face, alsonotreally, that's just the way my face looks.....

Sent Matt's Eagles an e-mail. Have not seen him around all day. We'll give him another hour or so and then explore options if he hasn't shown up...

Sent Matt's Eagles an e-mail. Have not seen him around all day. We'll give him another hour or so and then explore options if he hasn't shown up...

Last active, yesterday ~1PM :(

I don't know Matt's Eagles at all...anybody know what his pattern for picking was last year??

I don't know Matt's Eagles at all...anybody know what his pattern for picking was last year??

I think he liked retired players...

im about to head out to atlanta for the day but will be accessible if matt cant make it 205-492-5475 or e-mail mr.mike.j.taylor@gmail.com.......the pick is already chosen! :headbanger:

im about to head out to atlanta for the day but will be accessible if matt cant make it or e-mail @gmail.com.......the pick is already chosen! :headbanger:

Clash, you're awesome, but too trusting. Just remember the whole internet can read this forum, and they can see your phone number and email.

im about to head out to atlanta for the day but will be accessible if matt cant make it 205-492-5475 or e-mail mr.mike.j.taylor@gmail.com.......the pick is already chosen! :headbanger:

I am about to go into a session. Can somebody contact Clash and let him make this pick?

It's day 1 why are we rushing to make someone's pick?

My phone is about to die and I don't have my charger please give me until 5 30 or so if it gets to me before u replace me lol

Selection made for Matt's Eagles. If it comes to his pick again and he has not shown, we will let Clash pick immediately.

Mike can then decide whether to permanently replace Matt's Eagles with someone else.

As for the Jones-Drew pick, it is interesting that he lasted so long. Proven track record. No competition for carries. I guess Gabbert just scares people off.

It's day 1 why are we rushing to make someone's pick?

My phone is about to die and I don't have my charger please give me until 5 30 or so if it gets to me before u replace me lol

Generally speaking, we give guys two hours to make a pick. If they don't, we explore options. In the case of Matt's Eagles, he hasn't shown up today AT ALL. Not just for his pick...for the draft as a whole.

What would you propose we do? Three picks over the course of the first 5+ hours of the draft isn't very good.

Generally speaking, we give guys two hours to make a pick. If they don't, we explore options. In the case of Matt's Eagles, he hasn't shown up today AT ALL. Not just for his pick...for the draft as a whole.

What would you propose we do?

I for one, applaud the decision to move on with letting COT make the pick. Matt's Eagles hasn't been replaced yet....but may, if he doesn't show up. It's Day One of the Draft, unless an emergency, people should show up so let's wait and see what Matt's Eagle has to say. Thank you for allowing the draft to move along.

As for the Jones-Drew pick, it is interesting that he lasted so long. Proven track record. No competition for carries. I guess Gabbert just scares people off.

Partially Gabbert, partially his heavy work load.

343 carries and 43 receptions is a lot for a body to take, especially for a guy just over 200 pounds. He just scares the hell out of me this year.

Fair enough. When does the clock shut off, 5? I'm hoping my phone lasts until my turn. I would send someone my picks but I'm unsure what direction to.go with the second

Fair enough. When does the clock shut off, 5? I'm hoping my phone lasts until my turn. I would send someone my picks but I'm unsure what direction to.go with the second

Yep. Clock is off as of 5:00 pm. You're up now, though, so you should be fine. :thumbsup:

Looks like you're good..you're up.

Pick now, and you don't have to worry about it! lol! and j/k

Brady is a very solid pick at that spot. Easiest schedule in the NFL and even more weapons to utilize than last year. Should be another year of 4,500+ yards and 35+ TDs. Can't beat that.

I think Brady should have gone before McFadden and Lynch, but that's just me.

Brady is a very solid pick at that spot. Easiest schedule in the NFL and even more weapons to utilize than last year. Should be another year of 4,500+ yards and 35+ TDs. Can't beat that.

Taking Brady here was really kind of a no-brainer, in my mind. With McDaniels back as OC, he is going to go off again this year.

ICEMAN

And there's the first shocker of the draft so far for me...

Trent Richardson...first round? WOW. :shocking:

From what I'm seeing, that's his ADP. He definitly was gonna be gone in the next 4 picks or so. The only drawback is the fact that he is on the browns.

From what I'm seeing, that's his ADP. He definitly was gonna be gone in the next 4 picks or so. The only drawback is the fact that he is on the browns.

True, but that's a pretty darn big drawback.

I want to take shots from the 12 hole. I would have taken lynch and Richardson.

Instead ill roll some.dice

No way I'm taking WR or qb this early in non ppr and 4 point passing. WR is too deep anyway.

Now that I've got my picks in:

RB scares the sh*t out of me this year. After Murray (and maybe 1 or two more), the RB quality is pretty bad this year. Even the late 1st rounders aren't what I'd like. If you can't get a couple solid ones in the first, this is the year to wait.

Obviously Brady is a top tier QB, but the QB depth is as good this year as ever. Can't say that about RBs.

Yep. Clock is off as of 5:00 pm. You're up now, though, so you should be fine. :thumbsup:

Sorry I was downtown Dubai at a team dinner... There should be no problems the rest of the way out.

Matt

Sorry I was downtown Dubai at a team dinner... There should be no problems the rest of the way out.

Matt

Sounds good. You're up! Jones-Drew was your initial pick (via Clash)