Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

Explosions at Boston Marathon?

BPD has video surveillance of somebody with a backpack... BPD is asking for anyone with cell phone video at finish line to submit it to them for review.

And reports are that they have someone in custody.

:dunno:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Authorities have confirmed to The Post that they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing.

The suspect — a Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast — is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital.

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.

Maybe I spoke too soon. :unsure:

Authorities have identified a suspect who is being guarded at a Boston Hospital.

I hope it's the right focking guy, and I really hope he's not a home-grown.

:(

Can you imagine what it'd be like to be a parent of one of those Newtown kids? Child killed in school, huge gun control controversy afterward, then an explosion right nearby at marathon intended to honor your dead child? Fock.

4:58

NECN@NECNLaw enforcement official: Cellphone service shut down in Boston area to prevent potential remote detonations of explosives, according to @AP

5:01

Jeff Greenfield, Y! News: NY Post--reporting a 20 year old Saudi national in custody--is either going to look very impressive or very foolish....

I would say one of those militant groups that hole up in the back woods is the likely culprit. The Arabs are usually more effective in their kill ratio :unsure: Hence the use of ball bearings and what ever can do the most killing. Was likely some nutcases (domestic) trying to send a message...

4:58

NECN@NECNLaw enforcement official: Cellphone service shut down in Boston area to prevent potential remote detonations of explosives, according to @AP

Damn-

5:03

Rachel Hartman, Y! News: From @NHL"Tonight's game between the @NHL_Sens & @NHLBruins at TD Garden has been postponed. Our thoughts are with you #Boston."

wondered how you drew that conclusion

Samr here. I know it wasn't 9-11, but street bombings are a common tactic of Muslim extremists, we've just been insulated from it for the most part until now.

Wake up call for everyone, it's still US against them. The way sh!t has been going in this country - with all of the ridiculous partisanship from both sides - this may have been the biggest fockup someone who really wanted to hurt American could make. You should have just let us go on hurting ourselves. I believe it was Sun Tzu, or maybe John Wayne :dunno: who said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Well you just interrupted us, mutherfockers.

Samr here. I know it wasn't 9-11, but street bombings are a common tactic of Muslim extremists, we've just been insulated from it for the most part until now.

Wake up call for everyone, it's still US against them. The way sh!t has been going in this country - with all of the ridiculous partisanship from both sides - this may have been the biggest fockup someone who really wanted to hurt American could make. You should have just let us go on hurting ourselves. I believe it was Sun Tzu, or maybe John Wayne :dunno: who said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Well you just interrupted us, mutherfockers.

Unless this really WAS a Saudi national. You know we won't do shit to them.

5:10

NBC Sports Network@NBCSNReports of Marathon Runners that crossed finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims #PrayforBoston

fockin A!!!!

I bet one of them was GF...

I bet one of them was GF...

No. He was the person that found the bombs that didn't go off and rescued everyone that was hurt. GF - the great American Hero

Boston Globe saying 100+ hurt.

Although I'd guess that the majority are suffering from hearing damage rather than anything serious.

I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions just yet on who did this, one way or the other.

That makes you better than a couple of asshats in this thread. :thumbsup:

Boston Globe saying 100+ hurt.

Although I'd guess that the majority are suffering from hearing damage rather than anything serious.

:thumbsup:

You can see a lot of the runners grabbing their ears when it detonates in the video.

:(

OK - I just spoke/texted to all my friends and relatives that were either there or worked in the area (i.e Copley, Prudential, etc). They are all OK thankfully but my heart is still going a thousand miles an hour.

I just don't understand... I am so sad and angry right now.

Glad to hear all your people are all right TD. Sorry this had to happen in your town. Same to all the other Boston geeks.

IF he doesn't happen to be the guy...talk about the wrong time and place to be arabic.

And our first lunatic conspiracy theorist has checked in!

http://i.imgur.com/DO7gsgD.jpg

ALex Jones is happier than the people who did this right now. I really wish someone would just shoot that focker.

5:22

Hunter Walker@hunterwBoston PD on NY Post bombing supsect report: "Honestly, I don't know where they're getting their information from." livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/boston-p…

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/boston-police-no-arrests-have-been-made-in

Spokespeople are often the last to know. That said I want corroboration before just running with the Saudi national suspect

New York Post saying 12 dead now, and more than 50 injured with 10 treated for lost limnbs. Unbelieveable.

Spokespeople are often the last to know. That said I want corroboration before just running with the Saudi national suspect

Acreed. All we have at this point are bits and pieces of information, with no idea what's real and what's false.

But I think it's only human nature to speculate on something like this, with those speculations changing as information comes in or gets refuted.

If the Saudi national thing turns out to be false, the most likely suspect would probably go back to a home grown right wing extremist.

Glad to hear all your people are all right TD. Sorry this had to happen in your town. Same to all the other Boston geeks.

Thx parrot.

Family and friends were in Copley. Father in Law and Sis in Law work in Pru. Still shook up even after hearing they are OK. .. that 30mins between hearing the news and then their status is awful. Sweet Jesus.

100 or more injured survivors.

You're welcome.

Jackass.

But again...I admit I smirked.

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 21m

Officials say that Boston PD are "guarding" a wounded man at a Boston hospital as a "possible suspect" - @JimMiklaszewski