Sign in to follow this  
FrogAssassin

NFL = WWF

Browns Vs. Patriots

You could see that ending coming a mile away. It is so evident the refs dont even try to hide it anymore.

Im all for healthy competition, but seriously the browns were robbed.

I felt like I was watching the WWF. You know who is going to win, just not sure how crazy it is going to be when it happens.

Sorry to gronk fans and owners, this is the new NFL, just unlucky. Gordon and Cameron got the same hits during the game, just no planted feet.

I may quit watching until they fix this. Just horrible. Those ref's need fined or removed from the game.

The edelman call was ridiculous. The PI, terrible.

The NFL is just a shell of itself.

Browns Vs. Patriots

You could see that ending coming a mile away. It is so evident the refs dont even try to hide it anymore.

I felt like I was watching the WWF. You know who is going to win, just not sure how crazy it is going to be when it happens.

Sorry to gronk fans and owners, this is the new NFL, just unlucky. Gordon and Cameron got the same hits during the game, just no planted feet.

I may quit watching until they fix this. Just horrible. Those ref's need fined or removed from the game.

Sounds like I missed a good one. Did nfl burn the tapes yet cause I haven't seem any highlights

Goddell = Vince

Suh = George "the Animal" Steele

I mean, it's just a matter of time before Suh tries to bite someone, right?

if there were no helmets, he;d have already maimed someone. he'll figure out a way to bite someone through their earhole

Browns Vs. Patriots

It's pretty sad you dedicate so much of your life to hating the Patriots. The sig, the emotional rants and the wet underwear you have should tell you to not get so emotional over these things.

End of the day the reffing is just flat out bad, and it doesn't favor one team more than another. I watched the entire game, which I'm sure most of you didn't, and there were multiple plays on both sides that left you scratching your head. Earlier in the game you had a Patriots' obvious defensive TD on a strip of Greg Little get blown dead after less than one second. Also had the awful Edelman pass interference.

It's pretty sad you dedicate so much of your life to hating the Patriots. The sig, the emotional rants and the wet underwear you have should tell you to not get so emotional over these things.

End of the day the reffing is just flat out bad, and it doesn't favor one team more than another. I watched the entire game, which I'm sure most of you didn't, and there were multiple plays on both sides that left you scratching your head. Earlier in the game you had a Patriots' obvious defensive TD on a strip of Greg Little get blown dead after less than one second. Also had the awful Edelman pass interference.

You realize that he dropped the ball AFTER the whistle blew, right? You realize that the whistle blew when his forward progress was clearly stopped. You know that they do that so that a player can't be manhandled and thrown unnecessarily to the ground, right?

That's a rather grasping argument, but you know that, right?

You have frog confused with somebody else.

You realize that he dropped the ball AFTER the whistle blew, right? You realize that the whistle blew when his forward progress was clearly stopped. You know that they do that so that a player can't be manhandled and thrown unnecessarily to the ground, right?

That's a rather grasping argument, but you know that, right?

You realize the whistle blew within 1 second, and even the announcers called it an incredibly lucky break for the Browns, right? It was a very quick whistle that shouldn't have been blown. I just read a few threads though and you're in all of them crying about the Patriots, so can't expect you to see things with an open eye.

End of day Patriots aren't winning SB, and the Browns should want a better draft pick. Devote your energy to better things.

I just read a few threads though and you're in all of them crying about the Patriots, so can't expect you to see things with an open eye.

End of day Patriots aren't winning SB, and the Browns should want a better draft pick. Devote your energy to better things.

It's hilarious watching Dan, Frog, RoadLizard, etc show up here week after week, year after year, with their haids 'sploding over yet another Patriots win. You clowns are going to live 10 years less than the rest of us because of the angst the Patriots cause you. I've seen this before with Boston fans and the Yankees - it's an unhealthy, losers mentality and you've really gotta' get by it.

The Patriots were the beneficiaries of a bad call yesterday and as usual, made the most of it. There really isn't any more to it.

The Patriots were the beneficiaries of a bad call yesterday and as usual, made the most of it. There really isn't any more to it.

I hate the focking Patriots... just so I fully disclose my bias.

Problem is (as I see it) that the NFL has apparently decided that Offense and Star Players are the way to sell football for the future.

Somebody from the NFL should check out how that strategy worked for the NBA.

When "throw it in the endzone and look for the penalty" is a viable strategy... there is a problem.

• Like 1

It's hilarious watching Dan, Frog, RoadLizard, etc show up here week after week, year after year, with their haids 'sploding over yet another Patriots win. You clowns are going to live 10 years less than the rest of us because of the angst the Patriots cause you. I've seen this before with Boston fans and the Yankees - it's an unhealthy, losers mentality and you've really gotta' get by it.

Nah - venting allows one to live LONGER, thats why you vent it out. If we didnt, Id end up shooting people at the mall or something. :)

Its not just the Pats, its pretty much any team with a "NFL-favorite" QB that always *seem* to have just the exact right sh!t happen for them to get the win. It just seems to happen to NE more than anyone else. However, you really cant touch(meaning sack, hit, or grab) Brady, Manning, Brees, or any other "face of the NFL" player. You can decapitate Ryan Tannehill though and no one focking cares. Just like if that had been the Dolphins vs Cleveland yesterday, the Browns would have won the game since no PI would have been called. Its rather simple: The NFL was NOT about to let NE lose that game to the Browns. They SOOOOOO desperately want NE and Denver to play in the Championship game and thats whats gonna happen.

That loss would have potentially screwed up their dream matchup and we cant have it.

Just the way it is. And, EVERYONE not living in Boston knows this to be true.

And it's only going to get worse. Just read somewhere last week that they are looking into eliminating the review booths on the sidelines and all reviews will be done at NFL headquarters in New York. They claim it's to save time. The average time for games has gone up five minutes over the last decade and they blame the reviews as the main reason. How about not going to commercial during every time out? How about not going to commercial after every TD and then after every kick off or touch back when you just came out of commercial?

The NFL already detemines the outcome of games they shouldn't. Imagine what they can do if they implement that kind of sytem to officiate the game?

Nah - venting allows one to live LONGER, thats why you vent it out. If we didnt, Id end up shooting people at the mall or something. :)

Its not just the Pats, its pretty much any team with a "NFL-favorite" QB that always *seem* to have just the exact right sh!t happen for them to get the win. It just seems to happen to NE more than anyone else. However, you really cant touch(meaning sack, hit, or grab) Brady, Manning, Brees, or any other "face of the NFL" player. You can decapitate Ryan Tannehill though and no one focking cares. Just like if that had been the Dolphins vs Cleveland yesterday, the Browns would have won the game since no PI would have been called. Its rather simple: The NFL was NOT about to let NE lose that game to the Browns. They SOOOOOO desperately want NE and Denver to play in the Championship game and thats whats gonna happen.

That loss would have potentially screwed up their dream matchup and we cant have it.

that's a good post Road - I see your point.

Truth is, it's this way with all sports - I guess Sidney Crosby is my "Tom Brady" then - so I hear you - I can understand why it p!sses everyone off.

I just don't know how much I buy into any league "fixing' or even "leaning" their games for any teams/stars - at least not on purpose, not by "company policy" or anything. Does a ref got biased by a Brady or Crosby superstar? Yes.

So it you've got one of those guys on your team, you like it - if you don't you hate it and cry that it's unfair.

But I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that leagues fix games for increased revenues - nope - no matter how much I hate Crosby, or the MIA Heat, and you hate Tom Brady and the Pats - the leagues aren't fixed - there's too much to lose for them.

Jordan, Lebron, it happens in sports. it always seems like the stars get way more calls than the other guys.

it's always been this way, this is nothing new.

Once sports started marketing single players and stopped marketing teams, sports started to go downhill. Getting worse by the year.

that's a good post Road - I see your point.

Truth is, it's this way with all sports - I guess Sidney Crosby is my "Tom Brady" then - so I hear you - I can understand why it p!sses everyone off.

I just don't know how much I buy into any league "fixing' or even "leaning" their games for any teams/stars - at least not on purpose, not by "company policy" or anything. Does a ref got biased by a Brady or Crosby superstar? Yes.

So it you've got one of those guys on your team, you like it - if you don't you hate it and cry that it's unfair.

But I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that leagues fix games for increased revenues - nope - no matter how much I hate Crosby, or the MIA Heat, and you hate Tom Brady and the Pats - the leagues aren't fixed - there's too much to lose for them.

I generally agree with this... with the possible exception of the NBA. I'm no conspiracy theorist... but in a league built entirely on the success of it's stars and dependent on a handful of geographic regions to stay relevant in TV ratings... I do think there's prolly some shenanigans going on in the there.

MLB is simply an unfair game (as Billy Beane said... there are rich teams, and there are poor teams). Teams with larger markets and fan bases will always do better than those that don't have that base (ie. Money). That's just the way it is... and it's been that way for 100+ years.

The NFL used to be the exception.

I'm an old focker... and I've watched the NFL change over the last 20-25 years or so. In fact... I think the '87 strike spurred some of the change in philosophy. The NFL is now more about marketing their stars to a national audience... instead of marketing their team to a regional fan base. I hardly believe that football is "fixed"... but the philosophy of protecting and marketing it's stars has certainly made it's way into the rulebook... and into the way those rules are enforced on the field... consciously or not.

There really is something to this.

Weird weird stuff happens in Foxborough.

Probably need a support group for all the teams' fans that have felt screwed over there.

There really is something to this.

Weird weird stuff happens in Foxborough.

Probably need a support group for all the teams' fans that have felt screwed over there.

Weird 'stuff" happens in every NFL stadium for the home team.

Come on fellows - we are talking about the patriots for crying out loud. Show some respect would you? Now let's all bow our heads in honor.......

Weird 'stuff" happens in every NFL stadium for the home team.

Yeah, I know, and it's funny to hear people talk about "gambling" and that kind of thing - no, it's just the NFL keeping the home crowds and tv audienecs happy with artificial calls to keep games clsoe and promote marquis franchises.

But honestly I've watched enough Pats games to see they get far more of these at home and in bigger, worse ways. Just an impression.

One day a Ref will tell all and admit that network execs are in the earpieces controlling the flow of the game in case certain situations arise. I mean think about it, why wouldnt they? Overtime means more ad revenue right? Fantastic finishes means more excitement overall and Tom Brady is popular so him winning is big too. Not saying outcomes are scripted, just that in the event certain situations arise, the refs are instructed to make them happen if possible.

Also you guys are crazy if you dont think some refs gamble on games. Do u think betting online on a game where YOU are going to be the referee isnt tempting?? U just dont get inside info like that in gambling. Nothing prevents a ref from having an account at bovada.net. Anyone will tell u, when u have an edge like that over the house, like being a ref in a game that u can bet on, u take it.

I don't see a Gronk-less Pats teams winning a play-off game.

I hate the focking Patriots... just so I fully disclose my bias.

Problem is (as I see it) that the NFL has apparently decided that Offense and Star Players are the way to sell football for the future.

Somebody from the NFL should check out how that strategy worked for the NBA.

When "throw it in the endzone and look for the penalty" is a viable strategy... there is a problem.

I am in 100% agreement with this. Until the past couple years I never questioned NFL referees. Now I believe that NFL is going the way of the NBA, a joke . don't fix what isn't broken. I think the NFL went through this in the 80s didn't they?

Also didn't Goodel work with David stern at some point in his career? hmmm

First off..this sig I just found off the browns board forum and I thought it was hilarious. First off..yeah Im venting for my team, second I can look on the bright side and say that helps our draft picks (another loss). But for all intents and purposes I just want a game called fairly. The Greg little strip wasn't nearly as bad..they were blowing it for forward progress because he was getting mowed backwards. Im not the only one who says it was a bad call. Sorry about Gronk tho, that sucks and its all because of rule changes.

Tired of how ESPN sucks Brady off ever week also.

You have frog confused with somebody else.

I have to agree Edjr. I think he has me confused with some other amphibian. I never rant.