Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

Rams QB Situation

With Sam Bradford out again with an ACL - Who will be the starting QB? Austin Davis didn't look to bad and seems to have more upside than shaun hill?

Any insight homers?

Last I hard 30 min ago it's not an acl. They think just a hyper extension. Unless you have heard otherwise, don't report false info.

That said, it's time for the rams to draft another qb or send a draft pick to the pats for jimmy garroppalo. Not only is Bradford under the old cba so he's getting wayyyyy too high a salary, but he's clearly injury prone. That knee could be another acl wich I'd say could be the end for his career.

Edit- it's torn, he's done.

Sad , my heart goes out to the guy . Tough break . Praying for him .

It's going to be Shaun Hill, Davis might have been on the practice squad if Bradford hadn't blown out his knee again. I imagine they are looking to sign a veteran to back up Hill.

How about a trade for Ryan Mallett.

This guy is way overrated. Jeanine garrofallo is way better already. Sanchize wouldn't be that bad but still not a huge move. Any qb traded for wouldn't be start ready for at least 5 games into the season.

The Rams are in a tough spot. They desperately need to make a playoff push and but teams are either going to ask a lot for even a backup QB. The Skins would have to be asking a second rounder (at least) for Cousins. Sanchez is worth more to the Eagles than the 3/4 round pick they could flip him for. And nobody on the market is getting St. Louis to the Super Bowl anyway.

Rams should sit right and suck for a high pick.

• Like 1

Cousins > Sanchez > Hill.

The Browns asked about Cousins but the Skins wanted a 1

I'd gladly trade you Romo and his ridiculous contract for draft picks.

Because of the sickening amount of guaranteed money in Romo's deal, the Cowboys cannot trade him for at least 3 seasons. They would take something stupid, like a $38 million cap hit, if they traded him. It isn't possible. Jerry Jones is an idiot.

As for the Rams - Sanchez announced he doesn't want to play in St. Louis. I don't blame him. He didn't exactly hit it off with Schottenheimer and who wants to play on a run first team in this division?

Cousins and Mallet are both likely off the table. The Redskins and Patriots were seeking a 2nd round pick for either of them during the offseason. We won't do that. By the time they learned the offense, we would be at least in week 4. I don't see either of them being better than Hill for the season. Cousins is a roll out QB who needs to play in a West Coast Offense and Mallet only looks good during preseason games when he's playing 2nd/3rd stringers.

There was a report another "unidentified qb" has declined to come here. I have no clue who that may be, but when a backup doesn't want to come to your football team to start, you know it's bad. The only possible scenario I see in which we bring in a QB is if someone wants to start their rookie trades us their current starter, such as a Chad Henne or Matt C in Minnesota. In either case, you have to ask if they're better than Hill..... I'd like to see us bring in a scrambling QB. We have the speed at WR, but need someone willing to go outside the pocket and give his guys time to get open. Yet another thing Bradford wouldn't do.

I'm not convinced that losing Bradford was as bad as some think. He was efficient, but only because he never took any chances. Now we have to wait and see if the Rams want to play for this season, or chalk it up as lost and play for the draft pick. I don't see them throwing in the towel.... There is too much talent on the team to do that. If they weren't stuck in that division, they would be a pretty solid team. Not Superbowl solid, but 9-7 or possibly 10-6 with that defense, depending on the division they went to.

Because of the sickening amount of guaranteed money in Romo's deal, the Cowboys cannot trade him for at least 3 seasons. They would take something stupid, like a $38 million cap hit, if they traded him. It isn't possible. Jerry Jones is an idiot.

I was being facetious.