Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Homebuyer credit is a SHAM!

I told you that home buyer credit was a sham.

When they extended the $8k credit for 1st time buyers, then initiated a credit for what Turbo Tax calls "Long Time" buyers. As I suspected, the credit is only afforded to people selling a home and then buying a new one AFTER November 6, 2009. Oh, what a fcking sham!

So, I bought August 14 and the difference for me is OWING (motherfcking owing can you believe that fcking bullsht) $835 as opposed to getting a $5,665 fcking REFUND. Just because I bought my house in August, I get fcked over and anyone who bought after 11/6 gets a motherfcking credit. I am a fcking taxpayer like anyone else and it is unconscionable and unreasonable that I would not have the opportunity to use that tax credit for conducting the same beneficial housing transaction as anyone else during 2009!

Burn down DC.

Should 1st time homebuyers in 2007 be complaining because they are not getting the 8K credit that first time homebuyers in 2008 and 2009 are getting? Should I be complaining because I didn't get to use the American Opportunity Credit for 4 years of college and only got to use the lesser Hope Credit for 2 years of college?

The credit has to have a start and end period. This credit was created as incentive for "long time" home owners to look in to buying a new house. Did you buy your house in August because you expected to get this credit? No, because the credit didn't exist yet.

Sorry to hear about your plight.

But as a homeowner who is not behind on his mortgage(actually paid it off) I think I should get a 6 grand credit for not focking up the economy :wacko:

Should 1st time homebuyers in 2007 be complaining because they are not getting the 8K credit that first time homebuyers in 2008 and 2009 are getting? Should I be complaining because I didn't get to use the American Opportunity Credit for 4 years of college and only got to use the lesser Hope Credit for 2 years of college?

The credit has to have a start and end period. This credit was created as incentive for "long time" home owners to look in to buying a new house. Did you buy your house in August because you expected to get this credit? No, because the credit didn't exist yet.

And no long time homeowners went out in November after the credit was initiated and decided to switch houses on that basis, either. Anyone qualifying for the $6500 credit did so by pure happenstance.

As for 2007 home buyers, college incentive credits, et cetera-- your argument is invalid. Compare like circumstances, meaning targeted tax credits being introduced mid-year that do not benefit the entire targeted demographic for the entire tax year. Of course they have a start and end date. It is unjust that a tax credit such as this not be retroactive to cover the entire tax year.

It is people like my wife and I who do the most for this country and to have a credit introduced during 2009 that can only be claimed for activities occuring during the last 2 months of the year is an insult and an outrage.

Sorry to hear about your plight.

But as a homeowner who is not behind on his mortgage(actually paid it off) I think I should get a 6 grand credit for not focking up the economy :wacko:

Ah, the $835 is nothing we can't handle. Its the principle of the matter-- we work hard, we engage in the economy, et cetera. We're the people who keep things afloat during recessions like we've just seen and this tax credit is a slap in the face. This is a refundable credit and people will get refunds in excess of what their total tax liability was in the first place. So we not only don't get the credit, but others will get a "refund" of money they never paid into the system in the first place.

And no long time homeowners went out in November after the credit was initiated and decided to switch houses on that basis, either. Anyone qualifying for the $6500 credit did so by pure happenstance.

As for 2007 home buyers, college incentive credits, et cetera-- your argument is invalid. Compare like circumstances, meaning targeted tax credits being introduced mid-year that do not benefit the entire targeted demographic for the entire tax year. Of course they have a start and end date. It is unjust that a tax credit such as this not be retroactive to cover the entire tax year.

It is people like my wife and I who do the most for this country and to have a credit introduced during 2009 that can only be claimed for activities occuring during the last 2 months of the year is an insult and an outrage.

What exactly do you and your wife do for the country that's so great?

Dude, there has to be a start date and an end date. Sorry you didn't fall in the category. :wacko:

If the credit started August 1rst then the July home buyers would be bitching.

Don't have time to go through all of them but the Sales Tax Credit on new vehicle purchases began on Feb 16, 2009 and extended til the end of 2009. So anyone who bought a car in January or early February was not eligible for this credit. With all the new credits sprouting up the last few years, this does occur. The extension of the homebuyer credit is only good for the first few months of 2010 also.

Im sorry that you ended up owing money, and I agree that the credit probably does not work as intended. But unfortunately, it is what it is.

Dude, there has to be a start date and an end date. Sorry you didn't fall in the category. :wacko:

If the credit started August 1rst then the July home buyers would be bitching.

That's kinda my point, man. Anyone engaging in that qualifying behavior during the tax year shoudl qualify. It should never be afforded only to people engaging in that behavior for the last 2 months of the year.

What exactly do you and your wife do for the country that's so great?

We're part of the middle class-- lots of discretionary spending. Probably the same thing you do. During the recession we didn't run and hide. We kept on living our regular lives, helping keep the less fortunate in their jobs.

Don't have time to go through all of them but the Sales Tax Credit on new vehicle purchases began on Feb 16, 2009 and extended til the end of 2009. So anyone who bought a car in January or early February was not eligible for this credit. With all the new credits sprouting up the last few years, this does occur. The extension of the homebuyer credit is only good for the first few months of 2010 also.

Im sorry that you ended up owing money, and I agree that the credit probably does not work as intended. But unfortunately, it is what it is.

We see eye to eye.

If the point of a housing tax credit is to stimulate home purchases, why would they make it retroactive? Home buyers before the credit were obviously going to do it anyway.

Count me in as one of the home buyers in 2007 that missed out on the 8k.

As stated, the credit was implemented to generate more buying, not reward people who bought previously. Its a pathetic move to prop up prices at artificially high levels, the government is not merely stupid, they are borderline criminal

If you kept your receipt, just return it. then re-buy it after 11/6.

I did this with some Law and Order DVDs. It saved my 2 bucks; thats 2 double cheeseburgers from burger king

If you kept your receipt, just return it. then re-buy it after 11/6.

I did this with some Law and Order DVDs.

:overhead:

Ah, the $835 is nothing we can't handle. Its the principle of the matter-- we work hard, we engage in the economy, et cetera. We're the people who keep things afloat during recessions like we've just seen and this tax credit is a slap in the face. This is a refundable credit and people will get refunds in excess of what their total tax liability was in the first place. So we not only don't get the credit, but others will get a "refund" of money they never paid into the system in the first place.

Looking for a free handout. Must be a liberal. :overhead:

you should be proud you're not billing your children's children for money you really don't need.

I too think that any tax credit that doesn't benefit me personally is a sham! :doublethumbsup:

I told you that home buyer credit was a sham.

When they extended the $8k credit for 1st time buyers, then initiated a credit for what Turbo Tax calls "Long Time" buyers. As I suspected, the credit is only afforded to people selling a home and then buying a new one AFTER November 6, 2009. Oh, what a fcking sham!

So, I bought August 14 and the difference for me is OWING (motherfcking owing can you believe that fcking bullsht) $835 as opposed to getting a $5,665 fcking REFUND. Just because I bought my house in August, I get fcked over and anyone who bought after 11/6 gets a motherfcking credit. I am a fcking taxpayer like anyone else and it is unconscionable and unreasonable that I would not have the opportunity to use that tax credit for conducting the same beneficial housing transaction as anyone else during 2009!

Burn down DC.

You still don't understand the program, you ignorant Midwestern dooshnozzle.

:mad: