Biggest Bust of the Year

Who is the bigger bust?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger bust?

• Andre Johnson
    • Jamal Lewis
    • Other

easily JLewis over AJohnson

first WR are a dime a dozen, well 1000 yd 7 td rec anyway...........plus Lewis was drafted significantly higher with basically the same results......ZERO FANTASY PTS!!!

i had very high hopes for JLew

im glad i wasnt in a position to draft him cause that would have made for a rough season as i know i would have nabbed him around 5-6 range

im glad i wasnt in a position to draft him cause that would have made for a rough season as i know i would have nabbed him around 5-6 range

Same here - I was praying for 10th in my main league, which is right where he went. I thought he was a steal - instead he is the sux!

I own both of these guys.

:doublethumbsup:

Why you ask?

because I am 1-6 with the #1 pick in the 2006 dynasty draft which equals Reggie Bush.

:pointstosky:

Eli/Bush/BMW. What a nucleus.

I vote neither because both will be back to their superstar status next year.

I own both of these guys.

:doublethumbsup:

Why you ask?

because I am 1-6 with the #1 pick in the 2006 dynasty draft which equals Reggie Bush.

:pointstosky:

Eli/Bush/BMW. What a nucleus.

I vote neither because both will be back to their superstar status next year.

AJ never was a superstar.

JLew for sure, Cpep a close second.

Daunte Culpepper is already back into the top ten (#10) in my league amongst QBs. I think he'll continue to score big at home or against weak/dome teams and finish top five. Below expectations, sure, but he isn't hardly the #2 bust of the year so far.......

biggest bust - manning. is he much better than these qb?

brunell

palmer

farve

big ben

mcnabb

bledsoe

eli

brady

brees

hasselbeck

Without a doubt both Andre Johnson and Jamal Lewis have been the biggest bust (IMHO). Can anyone think of a bigger one?

I voted both, since they're both on my roster right now. Needless to say, I'm probably not gonna make the playoffs...fockers.

Tommy Maddox

I'd like to throw Ashley Lelie out there also, though not as highly regarded, he still is the pits of the world.

There is NO BIGGER BUST this year, based on projections versus real numbers than DUANTE CULPEPPER

End of discussion

because you drafted him? :thumbsup:

Not only do I own these two guys - but they are my keeper picks (we can keep guys that we draft in the 15/16th round). I really thought I was going to be in good shape for years. Gonna have to rethink that one. :thumbsup:

Same here - I was praying for 10th in my main league, which is right where he went. I thought he was a steal - instead he is the sux!

And i thought I was the sux.. :thumbsup:

No mention of Michael Clayton?

He showed alot of promise coming into the year. At least with Andre Johnson you can say the O-Line and QB play has been terrible...there is a reason he isn't getting any passes...plus he's been hurt.

Clayton is in an offense that has been posting good passing games, they are winning and they have a good rb....there is no excuse for Clayton to be putting up the terrible numbers that he has!

There is NO BIGGER BUST this year, based on projections versus real numbers than DUANTE CULPEPPER

End of discussion

Ummm.....considering he has more points in my league than Peyton Manning per game, I think you would have to put Manning above him in any such discussion.

He showed alot of promise coming into the year. At least with Andre Johnson you can say the O-Line and QB play has been terrible...there is a reason he isn't getting any passes...plus he's been hurt.

Clayton is in an offense that has been posting good passing games, they are winning and they have a good rb....there is no excuse for Clayton to be putting up the terrible numbers that he has!

I think anyone who drafted Clayton or Johnson paid no attention to logic and deserve the fate they got. Johnson had all the markings of a bust for obvious reasons. We don't need to go into all them again but we know we're talking about o-line, carr on his back 10 times a game etc. Clayton did very little when Galloway was in and has very little value unless Galloway is injured. Although Galloway is oft injured I can't see the reasoning behind using a 4th-5th round pick on a player who has no value unless another player gets hurt.

That's why Lewis is the real bust of 2005. I like most expected the possibility of a slight decrease due to conditioning and time a way from the game etc. but he has just been pathetic. Nobody could of predicted the complete bust this guy has turned into.

So I vote Lewis.

I think anyone who drafted Clayton or Johnson paid no attention to logic and deserve the fate they got. Johnson had all the markings of a bust for obvious reasons. We don't need to go into all them again but we know we're talking about o-line, carr on his back 10 times a game etc. Clayton did very little when Galloway was in and has very little value unless Galloway is injured. Although Galloway is oft injured I can't see the reasoning behind using a 4th-5th round pick on a player who has no value unless another player gets hurt.

That's why Lewis is the real bust of 2005. I like most expected the possibility of a slight decrease due to conditioning and time a way from the game etc. but he has just been pathetic. Nobody could of predicted the complete bust this guy has turned into.

So I vote Lewis.

As far as your statements about Andre Johnson... the Texans had the same exact question marks his first two years in the league and he still did fine. Carr was his QB the whole time and he always got sacked last year, but he still put up 100 yards 80 catches and 6 TD's.

Your comments about Galloway and his influence on Clayton, I don't know where you got that information either. Galloway came back week 9... and Clayton still had very solid to great numbers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/game...=6774&year=2004

What was unforseen was how well Caddy was going to do and that the Bucs are now a running team.

It was a tough choice, because AJ went in the 4th or 5th in most drafts, and he has done nothing at all. 10 catches for 76 yards?

While Jamal's price was higher, he has had a couple of solid games... so I think it's real close.

I have both J Lew and AJ plus D Cepep, Gonzo and guess what my record is? 5-2 Willie Parker helped a few games and its ALL Warrick Dunn, what a stud he turned ou to be.

Guest TheCheat
I'd like to throw Ashley Lelie out there also, though not as highly regarded, he still is the pits of the world.

:mad: Thank you, John McEnroe.

Voted JL. Was so lucky Edge fell to me in the first round as JL was next on my list.

He had every reason to shine this year and deflect the prison talk. Well, he has deflected it but found another way.

Have to say Lewis. Houston O-line is terrible, not excuse for Lewis.

Andre Johnson only had 3 bad games and then got injured. I think he could easily turn it around. Gaffney is starting to show that there is life in Houston.

I drafted Johnson AND Lewis. Not to mention also Ahman Green and Michael Clayton. Now do I have anyone to make up for these guys sucking? Matt Hasselback, Muhsin Muhammad, Brandon Lloyd, Jason Witten, Mewelde Moore, CAR defense, Deshaun Foster... no. I'm 1-6 last place in my league and the only league I am doing.