Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

1 room shack on my hunting land

I have smoked for 15 years and get stupid when I am stoned. Besides I will be taking my shotgun
Yahoo News

Man shoots self, burns thousands of acres

AP - 1 hour, 45 minutes ago

MICHIGAN - A man with a shotgun, and high on marijuana apparently shot himself as he tried to burn down on old shack on his property. The man managed to escape the inferno thanks to local high school kids who happened to be in the area. Thousands of acres are burned and there appears to be little chance of the fire slowing down, officials said.

Yahoo News

MICHIGAN - A man with a shotgun, and high on marijuana apparently shot himself as he tried to burn down on old shack on his property. The man managed to escape the inferno thanks to local high school kids who happened to be in the area. Thousands of acres are burned and there appears to be little chance of the fire slowing down, officials said. The shack remains unharmed.

Fixed.

something rather obvious to look into:

you mention that at least a half-dozen family members have ties in this property--aunts, uncles, cousins, whomever. now multiply that by their friends and acquaintances....is it possible these people are somehow connected to a family member--in other words, been given permission by someone who just isn't very good at communicating with the rest of the family?

when i think of how poorly my extended family communicates with each other...this sort of thing wouldn't be all that improbable.

I already have. Thats the first thing I did was get in contact with them. Allthough its true that 3 aunts and an uncle own it,only one lives up here and she has not seen the property in years. She only has daughters and they are not interested in being anywhere near a shack like this. So it is left to my 3 brothers, my one male cousin and I, and I have talked to them all.

kilroy69 Yesterday, 08:56 AM Post #125

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 4934

QUOTE(BiPolarBear @ May 22 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure that "they" didn't build it during hunting season and think it is a blind? We need some carbon dating here.

I am positive of this. As one of our stands is maybe 30 feet away and I would have seen it for sure.

Its about 100 feet from one of the stands that I hunt in and when we start to put our stands up we are all over the 75 or so acres of land we have and would have seen it by now. Besides they cut a path in our field that leads right up to it.

I'm calling bull on the whole story, first your stand was 30 feet away, now it's 100 feet. Either you are stoned as you are typing this or you are full of crap and that is actually your home and you just are pretending to make fun of it so no one knows what a terrible life you have. :banana: :mellow:

kilroy69 Yesterday, 08:56 AM Post #125

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 4934

QUOTE(BiPolarBear @ May 22 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure that "they" didn't build it during hunting season and think it is a blind? We need some carbon dating here.

I am positive of this. As one of our stands is maybe 30 feet away and I would have seen it for sure.

I'm calling bull on the whole story, first your stand was 30 feet away, now it's 100 feet. Either you are stoned as you are typing this or you are full of crap and that is actually your home and you just are pretending to make fun of it so no one knows what a terrible life you have. :( <_<

I am a stoner. It is farther than 30 feet. I can see it easy from my stand that is probebly 100 feet away. Im not good with distances, sue me.

I am a stoner. It is farther than 30 feet. I can see it easy from my stand that is probebly 100 feet away. Im not good with distances, sue me.
Something about your statement reminds me of the scene in My Cousin Vinny where Vinny goes after the witnesses.

I was just screwing with you. My opinion is to put up the no trespassing signs, if after that you still find evidence of people being in there, bring your gun, shoot off a few rounds over the shed while they are in there. That should scare the crap out of them, or they could possibly shoot you back. Either way, I doubt they will ever come back to your property.

Dude, on the serious note- you gotta be careful.

You said you've had trouble with poachers- mean sob's with guns, not good. No matter if it's your land, get into a shotout with someone and you're not getting much sympathy from the cops.

I grew up in California and we all know that when we entered into private or public land and found signs of someone living there, staying there, whatever, it was a good time to turn around and go out the way we came upon the area. Weed growers get pretty serious when there's big money involved. Common booby traps were the mouse trap/rat trap rigged so the trap actually set off a shotgun shell.

Yahoo News

MICHIGAN - A man with a shotgun, and high on marijuana apparently shot himself as he tried to burn down on old shack on his property. The man managed to escape the inferno thanks to local high school kids who happened to be in the area. Thousands of acres are burned and there appears to be little chance of the fire slowing down, officials said.

That's frickin funny :(

My aunt called the cops and told them about it and they said that they would cruise by there more often. Big deal. You can cruise by there all you want but unless you see them going in or coming out you would not be able to catch them. She also gave the DRN a call and told them so they are going to check it out because I still am not sure that it is not a hunting shack. We plan on going out this weekend and destroying it. I just wanted my cousin to be able to see it before we broke the damn thing down.

Trust me I will have my wits about me. I have smoked for 15 years and don't get stupid when I am stoned. Besides I will be taking my shotgun and my brother out there.....just in case.

:lol: <_<

does this shack have a dishwasher? poor people suck.

:) :banana:

does this shack have a dishwasher? poor people suck.

I am chinking that if you have to live in a shack then you may not be able to afford dishes, let alone a dish washer.

Some kind of Vietnamese that have been known to defend their hunting grounds to the death. Don't you remember the story from a couple years ago about the shootout in Wisconsin (?).

I live in La Crosse, WI and there is so many gd hmongs here, it's sickening!

Don't offend them. They will climb in your own tree stand and kill you and your friends.

I live in La Crosse, WI

I visited there once. Stayed at the Radisson on Harborview Plaza.

That would be my own personal Fort Masturbation. :wacko:

that would explain the fabio posters he found.

that would explain the fabio posters he found.

And all the mismatched socks. :wacko:

That shootout spree was in Rice Lake. I've been there for work.

My family is dealing with a similiar situation at our farm. However, our squatter has built a much more intricate camp. In our case, we are pursuing a civil action against the squatter. In your case, I would just kick that pile of crap down and have a bonfire.

My family is dealing with a similiar situation at our farm. However, our squatter has built a much more intricate camp. In our case, we are pursuing a civil action against the squatter. In your case, I would just kick that pile of crap down and have a bonfire.

what a bunch of sh!t. Any pics from your squatter camp?

what a bunch of sh!t. Any pics from your squatter camp?

that's just GFIAFP

that's just GFIAFP

I used to think it was impossible to offend me, but being accused of being an unemployed artist with pedophile tendencies did get my blood boil a little.

In D.C. you could sell that for 400K. No hardwood floors, but it has hardwood walls and roof.

wow thats a squatter? He just set that up on your property?

wow thats a squatter? He just set that up on your property?

Our farm is large, 600 plus acres, and it's in the middle of BFE West Virginia. We don't live there, we just come for visits (hunting and maintenance) every few years. He picked a remote spot that we rarely check out. The compound has apparently been there a couple of years. We know who owns it and had been trying to get rid of him via appealing to his sense of right and wrong and then threating to file an action, but it obviously didn't work so well. We filed and action against him a few weeks ago and should get a default judgment shortly. After that, I'm going out there with a shotgun and will personally tear the whole thing down. I'll be sure to let you all know what is under the blue tarp :mellow:

Our farm is large, 600 plus acres, and it's in the middle of BFE West Virginia. We don't live there, we just come for visits (hunting and maintenance) every few years. He picked a remote spot that we rarely check out. The compound has apparently been there a couple of years. We know who owns it and had been trying to get rid of him via appealing to his sense of right and wrong and then threating to file an action, but it obviously didn't work so well. We filed and action against him a few weeks ago and should get a default judgment shortly. After that, I'm going out there with a shotgun and will personally tear the whole thing down. I'll be sure to let you all know what is under the blue tarp :mellow:

Holy sh!t that is nuts. How can people think they are going to get away with crap like this?

Holy sh!t that is nuts. How can people think they are going to get away with crap like this?

First tip should have been West Virginia.

First tip should have been West Virginia.

True. Does this guy live ther with his sister/wife and their kids?

True. Does this guy live ther with his sister/wife and their kids?

Thankfully, he is a yankee who purchased land near our farm from his uncle. He comes down every year to hunt deer. Near as we can figure the land he owns does not have a flat enough spot to put a cabin on (or maybe he was too lazy to clear a plot). Thus his setting up of the compound on our land.

If he was one of them banjo playing guys, I would probably pay someone to tear it down as opposed to doing it myself.

My brothers and I are going to go out there tonight and see if we can find them in the act of having a party out there and tomorrow I am breaking it down. I will post a pic of the destruction.

My brothers and I are going to go out there tonight and see if we can find them in the act of having a party out there and tomorrow I am breaking it down. I will post a pic of the destruction.

:rolleyes: Going out at night after a bunch of rednecks. I hope for your sake nobody is home.

:rolleyes: Going out at night after a bunch of rednecks. I hope for your sake nobody is home.

We are in agreement that is it local kids and we want to catch them and simply explain to them why they can't be out there.