Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

All time favorite athlete

John McEnroe. Absolutely loved to watch him play tennis. He was a genius with a racket and the best ever IMO.

My fav. tennis player as well, but was not even the best in his era.

#9 Maurice "Rocket" Richard

If you combined the speed of Pavel Bure plus the toughness of Jerome Iginla you would have Richard

Probably have to be Bobby Orr, even though I was never able to watch him. Boston has had a lot of great athletes over the years. Williams, Bird etc. But I don't think even they could compare to him. Very underrated in that he never gets talked about as one of the greatest athletes ever. It's too bad he didn't play longer. There may not have been anyone, in any sport, better in their prime.

The immortal words of Bob Casey:

"Now batting third, the center fielder, number 34, Kirbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Puckett." (crowd goes wild)

Jack Nicklaus

Richard Petty

Mike Schmidt

Damn, i'm old

If I have to just pick one, it's Nicklaus

the little kid with autism that once made a shot for his HS basketball team. :alsonotreally:

actually its randall cunningham. he was the man when i was growing up. :banana:

saw a couple dudes say john riggins, so i had a quick story about him. about 2 years ago my ex dragged me to see an off broadway play of "a midsummer's night dream" (i know, ghey). anywho, this play honestly took place in what seemed to be a small parish rec room with only about 75 people there to watch. who was the lead actor you ask? yup, THE john riggins.

now thats something i just didnt expect to ever see: a badass like john riggins doing shakespeare. wasnt rockin' the mohawk though :(

i'll say this though, he was pretty good though playing his part

greg louganis

The immortal words of Bob Casey:

"Now batting third, the center fielder, number 34, Kirbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Puckett." (crowd goes wild)

:o

Don't know that I can pick one. I was an A's fan during my youth, first was prolly Reggie Jackson. Now that I'm more mature, I'd say...

Amanda Beard

:o

(bikini shot, you make the SFW call...)

My fav. tennis player as well, but was not even the best in his era.

Who was better??

Probably have to be Bobby Orr...there may not have been anyone, in any sport, better in their prime.

Try #99 in his own sport.

Jesse Owens.

Anyone could stick it to the man, but Owens stuck it to Hitler.

"When I came back to my native country, after all the stories about Hitler, I couldn't ride in the front of the bus," Owens said. "I had to go to the back door. I couldn't live where I wanted. I wasn't invited to shake hands with Hitler, but I wasn't invited to the White House to shake hands with the President, either."

:(

Try #99 in his own sport.

That's debatable. Gretzky had a better overall career, but for those few years where Orr was in his prime, many think he was better than Gretzky. But they were different positions, so it's tough to compare. In 70-71, he was +124. That is ridiculously insane. People who don't know whockey won't know what that means, but for the people who do, they know how unreal that number is. Probably one of the most underrated statistics in all of sports.

I wasn't fortunate enough to watch him, so I can't really say who was more dominant. But you can certainly make a case that Orr was more dominant.

Yes, you can. Very easily, actually.

no, you really cant. wayne gretsky was the best player ever, and in his prime, he was the most dominant as well. quit being silly.

no, you really cant. wayne gretsky was the best player ever, and in his prime, he was the most dominant as well. quit being silly.

I'm not sure how seriously I can take you, considering you can't even spell his name correctly.

I never said for fact that Orr was more dominant, just that a case could be made for arguments sake.

I'm not sure how seriously I can take you, considering you can't even spell his name correctly.

I never said for fact that Orr was more dominant, just that a case could be made for arguments sake.

i didnt know the spelling police were making their rounds tonight. <_<

but you're right, since i made a minor mispelling, i must not have any idea what i'm talking about. yeah, that makes total logical sense :P

orr was a great player, probaly the 2nd best player ever, but he's no gret(s)ky. and i honestly dont think an arguement can be made about it

i didnt know the spelling police were making their rounds tonight. <_<

but you're right, since i made a minor mispelling, i must not have any idea what i'm talking about. yeah, that makes total logical sense :P

orr was a great player, probaly the 2nd best player ever, but he's no gret(s)ky. and i honestly dont think an arguement can be made about it

Why? What's your arguement, that he had more points?

You're not completely wrong, though. I think Gretzky was the best ever. But in my opinion, Orr is right up there. If you want to disagree, fine.

You're not completely wrong, though. I think Gretzky was the best ever. But in my opinion, Orr is right up there. If you want to disagree, fine.

how is this comment i just stated disagreeing with you?

"orr was a great player, probaly the 2nd best player ever"

isn't this exactly what you are saying? <_<

now you are really starting to confuse me

how is this comment i just stated disagreeing with you?

"orr was a great player, probaly the 2nd best player ever"

isn't this exactly what you are saying? <_<

now you are really starting to confuse me

No, I'm saying an argument can be made that he was even better. You're saying that argument can't be made.

Tough call being such a sports junkie:

MLB....Kirk Gibson

NHL....Doug Gilmour & Wendel Clark

NFL....Barry Sanders

NBA....Pistons Bad Boy team of late 80's

Magic! :lol: