Sign in to follow this  
duceduce

Who to take with the first pick?

Younger Offensive Line!

Lost Hutchinson

Superbowl Bound!

Teams traditionally crap out after losing the Super Bowl.

Easiest rushing schedule!

Madden Curse! :first:

LJ! LJ! LJ!

Alexander's carries last year scare me. He is going to have a major breakdown this year like Curtis Martin did after a monster number of carries in 2004.

Flip a coin...you'll feel better afterwards. You'll get great numbers with either dude.

Take LT. Don't believe this crap about Rivers holding him back. He's had more time to learn the NFL game than Brady, Palmer, McNabb, or Culpepper did before they started playing. LT is the best back in the game and will have a huge year playing Martyball.

:blink:

Take LT. Don't believe this crap about Rivers holding him back. He's had more time to learn the NFL game than Brady, Palmer, McNabb, or Culpepper did before they started playing. LT is the best back in the game and will have a huge year playing Martyball.

My thoughts precisely.

And to think I'll get this guy with the #3 pick. :ninja: :lol: :banana:

:banana:

LJ will get more yards this year so go with him. tds should be similar but hard to predict.

Personally, I would trade out of the #1 spot (down to #3), and try to pick up an extra pick, or move up in one of the top 3 rounds.

:mad: Exactly!!!!

SA lost Hutchinson - a top quality OT.

LJ lost Richardson - a top quality FB.

LT lost Brees - a mediocre QB.

now figure out which one of them wasn't responsible for knocking oppossing players on their arses and you have the one that didn't really lose anything...

<_<

And trade down to #3 before taking LT2!

Stop asking these questions!!!!!! If you can't decide on #1 how the hell are you going to decide rounds 2,3,4,5,6, etc.

Stop asking these questions!!!!!! If you can't decide on #1 how the hell are you going to decide rounds 2,3,4,5,6, etc.

Sssshhhh!! Don't give him any ideas!

I agree on the frenquency of this question. I have #4 in both of my leagues as of this moment and am willing to buy a guy out of one so I can move up.

I am sure it is re-tread, but I find it interesting that these guys all play each other (health permitting) at the FF SB run (KC at SD in Week 15 and SD at Sea in Week 16). Whoever gets these guys will be pumped that they got this far (if you CAN decide on Round 2+), but second guessing for 2 straight weeks. Nice irony by the scheduling gods.

And trade down to #3 before taking LT2!

Acreed.

I would go with LT actually, he is going to get over 400 touches, and he is just awesome, he is starting the prime of his career.

Alexander won't repeat his numbers last year, but, i would still contiplate taking S.Alex at 1, he has been a consistent monster the past 5 years, and last year was probably his peak. I don't see him getting 1800 and 28 this year, but, i can easily see 1600 and 18-20, which is still tremedous.

However, i think LT will just explode this year. Rivers will be a solid QB, but, Lt will get a lot more carries. This may be the year LT breaks 2 large, and gets 20+ TDs, plus you can count on him getting 50-60 REC and around 4-500+yards receiving. Funny, when it was always Lt vs. Priest for #1, i would be the biggest Priest supporter and had to bring down LT a bit, now, i will probably become the biggest LT supporter, at least if i get him :banana:

You cant go wrong with any of the big 3. Pick one and focus on the rest of the rounds where you actually have to use your brain.

I have pick #1 and Im leaning towards SA. To me, he seems like the safest pick, but theres really no wrong pick of the 3. Just be glad youre picking in the top 3 and go with it.

Alexander hands down. Look at the schedule during FF Playoffs, Alexander has an easier schedule than LJ.

Alexander hands down. Look at the schedule during FF Playoffs, Alexander has an easier schedule than LJ.

San Diego has a stout run D and plays clock grinding ball control offense.

That's no cakewalk.

San Diego has a stout run D and plays clock grinding ball control offense.

That's no cakewalk.

Umm, I said playoffs (not just the championships).

Seattle plays Arizona Week 14 and SF Week 15 then SD 16.

KC plays BALTIMORE Week 14, SD week 15 and Oakland week 16.

If I were in the playoffs, I'd rather have Alexander than Johnson in a Week 14 head to head game. You can't be in the championship game unless you win in the playoffs!

I have only had the #1 pick once since I started playing fantasy football. I took Priest Holmes. He got injured. My season stunk.

I think Larry Johnson has the potential to be the same type of beast Holmes was.

Shaun Alexander has ever reason in the world to fail this year: age, sitting on a fat contract, coming off a superbowl trip, and he has to be "due" for an injury.

I think LT is who I would take. He is a safe bet. I am not worried about Rivers one bit. I think the team made Brees better, not the other way around.