Sign in to follow this  
Red White and Blue

How do you deal w/ a guy hitting on your SO?

In addition to the usual trite, unfunny jokes by the usual peanut gallery of FFT manchildren, I wouldn't mind getting some serious responses.

On July 4 my girlfriend and I were at a bar and ran into a bunch of friends of friends of mine who we'd met a few weeks before, ended up drinking a bunch and hanging out for the afternoon. They seemed like nice folks (I still like most of them a lot) and it was fine, except for this one guy who was extremely drunk and obviously into my girlfriend: sitting a little too close, making a few inappropriate comments, etc. She played it off pretty gracefully and I watched this carefully to make sure it didn't cross the line (it didn't), we chalked his behavior up to his being very drunk (this guy was drunk when we met him at the bar and doing shots of Jager like they were water) and let it go.

So this last weekend (Sunday) we're at a BBQ at our mutual friend's house, watching the World Cup and this guy is there again. This time he came nowhere near her and had his sh1t together, which kinda made me think he was embarassed about what happened. Wrong - yesterday my GF comes to work and has a message left on her work phone from Friday night by this guy, inviting her to go with him and two of his friends to some art gallery opening or whatever over the weekend. So now in hindsight we're both figuring he just felt like an arse (since she never called him back).

My suggestion is that she give me this jerkoff's number so that I can return the call and explain a few things. She is not so keen on this idea. I'm not the kind of meathead who's going to throw punches for no reason but if it came to it this guy is no threat no problem.

Advice?

Let the guy just wack off to the nekkid pics of your supermodel girlfriend and be done w/it. Otherwise this is just going to drag on until her issue of Penthouse comes out.

Let the guy just wack off to the nekkid pics of your supermodel girlfriend and be done w/it. Otherwise this is just going to drag on until her issue of Penthouse comes out.

OK, that made me laugh. :lol:

I would find out what he is willing to pay and commence negotiations.

In addition to the usual trite, unfunny jokes by the usual peanut gallery of FFT manchildren, I wouldn't mind getting some serious responses.

On July 4 my girlfriend and I were at a bar and ran into a bunch of friends of friends of mine who we'd met a few weeks before, ended up drinking a bunch and hanging out for the afternoon. They seemed like nice folks (I still like most of them a lot) and it was fine, except for this one guy who was extremely drunk and obviously into my girlfriend: sitting a little too close, making a few inappropriate comments, etc. She played it off pretty gracefully and I watched this carefully to make sure it didn't cross the line (it didn't), we chalked his behavior up to his being very drunk (this guy was drunk when we met him at the bar and doing shots of Jager like they were water) and let it go.

So this last weekend (Sunday) we're at a BBQ at our mutual friend's house, watching the World Cup and this guy is there again. This time he came nowhere near her and had his sh1t together, which kinda made me think he was embarassed about what happened. Wrong - yesterday my GF comes to work and has a message left on her work phone from Friday night by this guy, inviting her to go with him and two of his friends to some art gallery opening or whatever over the weekend. So now in hindsight we're both figuring he just felt like an arse (since she never called him back).

My suggestion is that she give me this jerkoff's number so that I can return the call and explain a few things. She is not so keen on this idea. I'm not the kind of meathead who's going to throw punches for no reason but if it came to it this guy is no threat no problem.

Advice?

1) Only insecure little welching biatches get upset about shat like that.

2) Where does your girlfriend work? Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory?

3) You don't have any friends.

4) You should let her go so she can date this other guy. It's better to just move on now then to get more invested in the relationship and she focks some other dude anyway.

5) Your a welching sissy phaggot secretary who drinks beer at lunch to kill the pain that is your life.

6) Your short stories suck so much that Dyson wanted to buy them to put in his next invention.

That should do.

Toro OUT!!!

I think your girl is the one who should let him know there is no interest and to back off.

If he still doesn't get the picture, you need to step in at that point.

a- have your GF call and tell him, no, iam taken, and not to call back

b- if he keeps calling, keep deleting the messages, he will give up

if that doesnt work, change your #.

I think your girl is the one who should let him know there is no interest and to back off.

Seriously, this is the way to go.

Seriously, this is the way to go.

incorrect.

if she's not going to put an end to it herself, there are serious problems, and he should question why the hell he's putting up with it in the first place.

Show him one of your short stories, and he'll turn to stone.

Dude, you read a short story I wrote 10 years ago and you've been talking about it ever since. Get some new material, really.

I think the rest of you are right about letting the GF handle it and I'm trying not to be prideful but this really pisses me off.

He can have her. :ninja:

Bizarre coincidence, there's this thread over at FBG's today about a guy who's trying to get rid of this girl's loser secretary boyfriend so she can date a real man for a change.

:ninja:

Bizarre coincidence, there's this thread over at FBG's today about a guy who's trying to get rid of this girl's loser secretary boyfriend so she can date a real man for a change.

I knew I was being double timed. :lol:

:lol: :blink: :lol:

incorrect.

if she's not going to put an end to it herself, there are serious problems, and he should question why the hell he's putting up with it in the first place.

Serious problems? I think the serious issue is the trust factor, dude chill out and stop being jealous or else your SO with soon become your EX. I have so many guy friends and my SO has many girl friends...we don't care because we trust eachother and we know their just FRIENDS. I think it's a turn-on when girls flirt with him, cause I know he's coming home with me. If it becomes an issue I'm sure she'll step in and say something...or else it wasn't meant to work out. the fact she tells you everything that is going on shows that she has no means of going behind your back. Take it as a compliment and move on.

Dude, you read a short story I wrote 10 years ago and you've been talking about it ever since. Get some new material, really.

Thank God it was short.

:first:

Some women like the attention and will play the middle. They'll tease the guy along because they like people chasing them. If the boyfriend says something, hes 'jealous and controlling' If the boyfriend says nothing then he 'doesn't care enough about her'

Watch the girl man. If she plays the middle then you know shes not a keeper. Keep banging her if you want, just remember to keep looking for someone else. Treat her like a job you hate. Just don't cheat on her. Trade up, but don't cheat on her.

I have a bunch of married friends where this has happened to them. The wife flirts openly with other jackoffs, then if the husband reacts or doesn't react, the wife flips out either way because she likes the drama. A man should fight for his woman if it gets to that point, not because the wife wants to feel that the center of attention is her primary residence.

As for the guy, if you provoke him alone, hes going to push harder to nail your woman. Take 6-8 guys you know and confront him if it gets to that. Hey I never believe in fighting fair. If you go by yourself, he thinks he might still be able to push you, you bring a crew, he knows you'll put him in the hospital over it.

But seriously, don't listen to one single word out of your gfs mouth, watch what she does, thats the truth. Let that be your red flag and guide to this.

Serious problems? I think the serious issue is the trust factor, dude chill out and stop being jealous or else your SO with soon become your EX. I have so many guy friends and my SO has many girl friends...we don't care because we trust eachother and we know their just FRIENDS. I think it's a turn-on when girls flirt with him, cause I know he's coming home with me. If it becomes an issue I'm sure she'll step in and say something...or else it wasn't meant to work out. the fact she tells you everything that is going on shows that she has no means of going behind your back. Take it as a compliment and move on.

In the girls minds maybe they're just friends, you think a guy wants you as a friend without the intentions of one day slipping it to you? C'mon, smarten the fock up. Only newbiejr would be friends with a girl and not want sex.

As for the guy, if you provoke him alone, hes going to push harder to nail your woman. Take 6-8 guys you know and confront him if it gets to that. Hey I never believe in fighting fair. If you go by yourself, he thinks he might still be able to push you, you bring a crew, he knows you'll put him in the hospital over it.

This would be the WORSE thing you could do. If I was the guy and someone showed up at my door with 6-8 dudes saying to back off, I would say I would and then the next time I was in the same bar/room as this guy, I would rip him up with the fact that he had to bring some friends to help. Any woman will look at this and say not only is he jealous and insecure, but he is focking poosay for not being able to handle things as a man.

In the girls minds maybe they're just friends, you think a guy wants you as a friend without the intentions of one day slipping it to you? C'mon, smarten the fock up. Only newbiejr would be friends with a girl and not want sex.

edjr is right. :first:

guys are friends with girls because they are attracted to them in some shape or form. not in every case, but the vast majority.

if it crosses the line and she's not going to put a stop to it, either there are different perceptions of where said line is, or she's an attention ######.

Thank God it was short.

Dude, your newspaper is a step up from my church's Sunday circular and has an even worse Web site, and your house is worth $5K more now than it was three years ago - what are you bragging about?

Go enjoy your nice barbeque grill and your family and get a life. :wacko:

I've been in that situation many times.

Never had a GF who didn't just come over by me or summon me over if someone was hitting on her too much.

If I thought it was particularly funny, I would just stay where I was :first:

I forgot how terrible the advice here is. This thread should've been a poll. Should I:

a) Let the lady handle it. She deleted this guy's voicemail and never got back to him. I can assume he got the hint.

:first: Call him directly and ask him to stop hitting on and asking my girlfriend out, she's not interested and he's making an ass of himself.

c) Email him and CC our mutual friend and my girlfriend and express the point from #2.

A is probably the smartest but honestly, there's something real rude I think about asking some dude's girlfriend out when you know they're dating - I'm a little ticked. That's why I'm considering B or C.

Trust me, showing up with a bunch of guys to kick his ass isn't even on my mind.

in tomorrow's edition of fftoday, we talk about relationships and how to deal with bullys :first:

take it to the oprah board already.

She is handling it just fine. All that matters is her actions, not someone else's.

edjr is right. :o

Thanks for the sig line material. :wub:

Pretty much agreed. Don't acknowledge this first message (WAY inappropriate though - what a douche). If he calls back again and g/f wants to tell the guy to FO, let her. If she does that and he calls back, you step in.

I've always found it pretty flattering and not upsetting in the least. This is assuming of course, the guy does not get too agressive, confrontational or anything like that.

If she responds to it, then good riddance, he can have her.

:wub:

let him have her...there are more imaginary fish in the sea.

LMAO

How'd he get your girlfriends work number?? :wub:

How'd he get your girlfriends work number?? :wub:

thats what i was wondering too?

hey jealousy

damn, now that song is stuck in my head.

but seriously, lots of girls get off on the attention and make sure their boys know they are geting it. it's a game. dont play games. unless it involves semi automatic weapons.

woo hoo!