Sign in to follow this  
Dick Cheney

What Would You Do

friend in the league? He sent this yesterday and we don't have all of the facts yet. However, he sent this to 3 owners and all 3 that received it want for him to stay in.

See below and lend some thoughts.

TIA.

Let me express my deepest regrets and sincerest apologies to all of you because I will be unable to participate in fantasy football this season.

As pathetic as it sounds, the one and only reason is because I am in financial ruin and I am simply penniless and will stay that way indefinitely for a long time.

Believe me when I say this, but I have been pondering this decision for months. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that I simply don’t have any other choice at this point in time.

It has been an absolute pleasure to be a part of the BIG 10 fantasy football league over the past nine seasons and I will deeply miss the camaraderie, competition, and overall good times.

** and *** have both done outstanding jobs running this league and there is NO QUESTION the league would have ceased to exist a long time ago without you guys.

I always looked forward to fantasy football every season and Draft Day was one of my favorite days of the year. I will miss it immensely.

Thank you guys for your friendship and the fun times we had. It was a great run.

Sincerely,

No pay, no play.

Sounds like he made an adult decision, and you should let him. He doesn't want charity.

:blink:

Sounds like he's pulling an Edjr...

I say let him leave but promise him he will always have a spot when he gets his things back in order

Jeebus, how much is the buy in? :blink:

I know, the buy in is cheap- $20 and not a HUGE money drain, $15 per week.

A nice gesture would be for the remaining players, if agreed upon, chip in for his buy in. If he happens to win it all, take back your buy in and give him the rest, or just be a friend and give him the whole damn thing! :blink:

10 team leagues :dunno:

Not everyone has that many sports degenerate friends. :mad:

Where does the money go? Unless you are paying a website, just let him play for free and not be eligible for any prize money.

Also, tell him "lighten up Francis"

Where does the money go? Unless you are paying a website, just let him play for free and not be eligible for any prize money.

I kind of like this idea.

Guest Davaco
10 team leagues :thumbsdown:

give 1 pt per catch

start 3 wr (and a te)

and 2 qb

thats better than a 12 team league whos draft goes,

rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,wr,rb,wr,rb,rb,rb,qb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb,rb

rb,

I'd take him quail hunting in South Texas and shoot him in the face.

:lol:

This is not a good idea. When you start talking about the standings, it won't matter where he is, he will be overlooked. Kind of like playing golf when 3 of the 4 are gambling, the 4th guy gets left out all the time. You don't care what he scores on the hole, you start to leave the tee box after the 3 you care about have hit, etc. It is not a good situation.

Loan him your push mower and gas can. He could have cut two yards in the time it took him to send you that message.

This is not a good idea. When you start talking about the standings, it won't matter where he is, he will be overlooked. Kind of like playing golf when 3 of the 4 are gambling, the 4th guy gets left out all the time. You don't care what he scores on the hole, you start to leave the tee box after the 3 you care about have hit, etc. It is not a good situation.

Maybe, but that wouldn't be a problem in our league. Compared to winning, nobody cares about the money.

Only thing to do is get these 3 or 4 owners together and offer to pay his entry and weekly fees.

I guess he'd have to pay his own transaction fees if you have them.

He'd be eligible to win, so he could actually turn a profit.

I'd take him quail hunting in South Texas and shoot him in the face.

This I have already done :wub:

Tell him that instead of wasting the past few months agonizing over this decision, he should get himself a focking job.

YWIA