Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Reggie Bush 18 Vince Young 14

week 3

Bush

13-53yds 4-19yds handed off on double reverse for TD

:banana:

I missed that when i read it earlier.

Why would you even bother to list that? Are we implying that Moroney or Deangelo Williams or Lendale White couldn't have exucuted such a marvelous handoff? Or maybe if it had been McAllister, the Falcons would have nbever pursued him on the end around, therefore, the reverse wouldn't have worked.

Man, the Bush-lovers are sure pulling out all the stops in trying to maintain that the guy is something special.

As of now, he's a poor-man's Brian Westbrook. A VERY poor-man's.

Reggie Bush! :banana:

still on my FF bench..but i've got a feeling he'll see more action soon.

How many points would the reverse-handoff gotten you under your league's scoring system?

This is kind of a dumb thread. Based upon what I've seen both teams should have drafted Pepsi Machine. Pepsi Machine rocks. :thumbsdown:

I think you're fooling yourself if you think that Bush's first 3 weeks can only be judged by his stats -- by the way, 125 yard rushing and 19 catches for 139 yards aren't bad. If you watched the Atlanta Falcons' defense's reaction to Reggie's presence on the field, you can see that he affects the play even when he doesn't touch the ball.

Two memorable plays from last night were the fake reverse to Reggie that Deuce busted for 20+ yards because the cornerback overran the play trying to keep up with Reggie and the better example was when Bush lined up on the right side, jogged a few yards, and then just stood there -- a safety and a linebacker swarmed to him leaving Colston open for a 15-20 yard catch. He didn't even pretend like the ball was going to be thrown to him and he drew two defenders.

Either defenses will keep swarming to him, leaving Colston, Horn, and Deuce open or they'll give him some room and he'll light them up.

This is kind of a dumb thread. Based upon what I've seen both teams should have drafted Pepsi Machine. Pepsi Machine rocks. :thumbsdown:

MACHINE! MACHINE! MACHINE!

I think you're fooling yourself if you think that Bush's first 3 weeks can only be judged by his stats -- by the way, 125 yard rushing and 19 catches for 139 yards aren't bad. If you watched the Atlanta Falcons' defense's reaction to Reggie's presence on the field, you can see that he affects the play even when he doesn't touch the ball.

Two memorable plays from last night were the fake reverse to Reggie that Deuce busted for 20+ yards because the cornerback overran the play trying to keep up with Reggie and the better example was when Bush lined up on the right side, jogged a few yards, and then just stood there -- a safety and a linebacker swarmed to him leaving Colston open for a 15-20 yard catch. He didn't even pretend like the ball was going to be thrown to him and he drew two defenders.

Either defenses will keep swarming to him, leaving Colston, Horn, and Deuce open or they'll give him some room and he'll light them up.

That Reggie Bush is one hell of a decoy

:D

Did you see that play where Drew Brees handed off the ball to that guy who handed off the ball to the other guy who scored.

I mean the way Brees handed it off it fooled the entire Atlanta Team. I bet you you San Diego wishes they had him back.

:dunno:

Wow unbelievable, Mario Williams gets his 1st point!

Reggie Bush

70 total yards in a loss.

Mario Williams

1 sack 1 tackle in a win.

6-1

Wow unbelievable, Mario Williams gets his 1st point!

Reggie Bush

70 total yards in a loss.

Mario Williams

1 sack 1 tackle in a win.

6-1

Yeah, but Houston won INSPITE of Williams..whereas the Saints kept it close BECAUSE of Bush...So I am saying 6-0-1!

Yeah, but Houston won INSPITE of Williams..whereas the Saints kept it close BECAUSE of Bush...So I am saying 6-0-1!

Yeah, Bush's two yards per carry really kept them in the game. :(

The Saints would have been better off with Maroney.

I'm an idiot, Williams was creditied with 1.5 sacks, not 1.

I posted what was provided at the time from the NFL scoreboards. we all know the league makes

corrections long after games are over. at the time he had 1 tackle, 1 sack. either way Williams gets 1 point.

if we ever need an expert opinion on having half a sack we'll remember to look you up.

odd scoring system..

on a side note...i think its quick forgotten(by myself as well)..the fact that Brees had a shoulder injury...

he has been tremendous...if the aints still had a brooks, it would be a mess and Bush would be more of a nonfactor..

brees is calm and makes smart plays...

i wouldnt ever push favre out of town here..but when the brees rumors surfaced, i got excited..he may never be an Eli, but hes underrated...

and i can bash my own...all the talk about favre hanging in up..its hasselbeck on mt fave team..leading the nfl in ints with 7...yeah, he lit up the world vs the giants, but besides that, hes made some awful decisions with the ball :dunno:

**as far as stats go** :banana: to the guy or gal who had to figure out the kick return yards after the wild lateral session that the jets had.. :banana: probably watched the video 10 times...

I posted what was provided at the time from the NFL scoreboards. we all know the league makes

corrections long after games are over. at the time he had 1 tackle, 1 sack. either way Williams gets 1 point.

if we ever need an expert opinion on having half a sack we'll remember to look you up.

and if we ever need an expert opinion on comparing apples and oranges, we'll look you up.

on a side note...i think its quick forgotten(by myself as well)..the fact that Brees had a shoulder injury...

he has been tremendous...if the aints still had a brooks, it would be a mess and Bush would be more of a nonfactor..

brees is calm and makes smart plays...

I was at that game yesterday & I was as impressed with Brees as I have been by a visiting QB in a long time, especially ANY Saints QB I ever saw. That 86 yard garbage TD made me :rolleyes: , but Brees made a he!!uva throw.

Bush looked like he hasn't gotten the speed of the NFL down yet. He had 2-3 decent pass catches, but the Panthers punt coverage (filled with bench players) easily kept him contained. His fumble inside the 20 really hurt N.O. in the first half. He will be a real weapon out of the backfield on pass plays, he got matched up twice with LB's who had no chance against him.

I find this direct comparison to be kind of silly. Kubiak came out of Denver, where the zone blocking scheme made the running backs. Up there they drafted guys in the mid rounds and made them look like all-pro's. If the Texans draft a RB in the next few years and Kubiak makes him an all-pro, then who's to say Texas made a bad decision.

How many points would Laurence Maroney have in this contest?

Or Bills SS Donte Whitner?

Or Lions LB Ernie Sims?

Or Saints WR Marques Colston?

How many points would Laurence Maroney have in this contest?

I think the Maroney contest would be vs. Addai as they are linked. Indy wanted maroney and tried to trade up

to get him, Pats took maroney cause they knew Indy wanted him...

Maroney 6pts (played well in weeks 1,2.(2pts) This week had 125yds 2tds...(2pts). Also 2 nice wins for the Pats(2pts) no point for scraping by Buffalo at home)

Addai 4pts (played well in weeks 2 and 4.(2pts) Contributed to 2 of Indy's 4 wins and has lost a couple easy TDs to Manning(2pts))

I find this direct comparison to be kind of silly. Kubiak came out of Denver, where the zone blocking scheme made the running backs. Up there they drafted guys in the mid rounds and made them look like all-pro's. If the Texans draft a RB in the next few years and Kubiak makes him an all-pro, then who's to say Texas made a bad decision.

It's beyond silly.

A better comparison would be vs. other 1st round DE's historically or even any legendary DE regardless of where they were selected.

My whole rationale for Williams vs. Bruce Smith, Reggie White, etc was to make apples to apples comparion easier. Furthermore, there are too many things a DE/DT can do which have no stat associated with them.

Once again, how do you score the tipped pass which probably saved the win?

How many number 1 draft pick running backs have ever played in a super bowl? Answer: none

How many number 1 draft pick defensive ends have played in a super bowl? A few including Ed Too Tall Jone, John Matuszak, Bubba Smith, and Bruce Smith.

How many number 1 draft pick running backs have ever played in a super bowl? Answer: none

How many number 1 draft pick defensive ends have played in a super bowl? A few including Ed Too Tall Jone, John Matuszak, Bubba Smith, and Bruce Smith.

#1 running backs takes since the superbowl began:

OJ Simpson HOF

Ricky Bell bust

Earl Campbell HOF

Billy Sims ok

George Rogers ok

Bo jackson unreal until freak injury

Kijana Carter bust

Dline

Bubba Smith ok

Walt Patulski bust

John Matuszak was ok...as sloth

Too Tall Jones should be HOF

Lee Roy Selmon HOF

kenneth sims bust

Bruce Smith HOF

Russell Maryland ok

Steve Emtman bust

Dan Wilkinson bust

Courtney Brown bust

7 Rbs taken: 3 awesome, 2 ok, 2 busts.

11 DL taken: 3 awesome, 3 ok, 5 busts.

So if you were sitting there on draft day with the 1st pick and it's either John coke-head matuszak or Bo Jackson...you'd take the cokehead?

#1 running backs takes since the superbowl began:

OJ Simpson HOF

Ricky Bell bust

Earl Campbell HOF

Billy Sims ok

George Rogers ok

Bo jackson unreal until freak injury

Kijana Carter bust

Dline

Bubba Smith ok

Walt Patulski bust

John Matuszak was ok...as sloth

Too Tall Jones should be HOF

Lee Roy Selmon HOF

kenneth sims bust

Bruce Smith HOF

Russell Maryland ok

Steve Emtman bust

Dan Wilkinson bust

Courtney Brown bust

7 Rbs taken: 3 awesome, 2 ok, 2 busts.

11 DL taken: 3 awesome, 3 ok, 5 busts.

So if you were sitting there on draft day with the 1st pick and it's either John coke-head matuszak or Bo Jackson...you'd take the cokehead?

I would take a super bowl win with Matuszak or Too Tall Jones over watching regular season highlights of Bo or OJ. I remember reading the Steeler fans were disapointed when the Steelers barely missed out having the worst record in 1968 and missed getting OJ. Their consolation prize was Joe Greene. Turns out the defensive player was better for building around.

Who cares if they are in the hall of fame? I am talking about super bowls. Most of those busts you listed were defensive tackles not defensive ends.

I would take a super bowl win with Matuszak or Too Tall Jones over watching regular season highlights of Bo or OJ. I remember reading the Steeler fans were disapointed when the Steelers barely missed out having the worst record in 1968 and missed getting OJ. Their consolation prize was Joe Greene. Turns out the defensive player was better for building around.

Who cares if they are in the hall of fame? I am talking about super bowls. Most of those busts you listed were defensive tackles not defensive ends.

bubba smith was considered a DT too at the time. HTH

you should work for the texans

When was the 265 pound Bruce Smith called a tackle? HS?

When was the 265 pound Bruce Smith called a tackle? HS?

1967 Baltimore Bubba Smith, DT, Michigan State

1968 Minnesota Ron Yary, T, USC

1969 Buffalo O.J. Simpson, RB, USC

1970 Pittsburgh Terry Bradshaw, QB, Louisiana Tech

1971 New England Jim Plunkett, QB, Stanford

1972 Buffalo Walt Patulski, DE, Notre Dame

1973 Houston John Matuszak, DE, Tampa

1974 Dallas Ed Jones, DE, Tennessee State

1975 Atlanta Steve Bartkowski, QB, California

1976 Tampa Bay Lee Roy Selmon, DE, Oklahoma

1977 Tampa Bay Ricky Bell, RB, USC

1978 Houston Earl Campbell, RB, Texas

1979 Buffalo Tom Cousineau, LB, Ohio State

1980 Detroit Billy Sims, RB, Oklahoma

1981 New Orleans George Rogers, RB, South Carolina

1982 New England Kenneth Sims, DT, Texas

1983 Baltimore John Elway, QB, Stanford

1984 New England Irving Fryar, WR, Nebraska

1985 Buffalo Bruce Smith, DE, Virginia Tech

1986 Tampa Bay Bo Jackson, RB, Auburn

1987 Tampa Bay Vinny Testaverde, QB, Miami-FL

1988 Atlanta Aundray Bruce, LB, Auburn

1989 Dallas Troy Aikman, QB, UCLA

1990 Indianapolis Jeff George, QB, Illinois

1991 Dallas Russell Maryland, DT, Miami-FL

1992 Indianapolis Steve Emtman, DT, Washington

1993 New England Drew Bledsoe, QB, Washington State

1994 Cincinnati Dan Wilkinson, DT, Ohio State

1995 Cincinnati Ki-Jana Carter, RB, Penn State

1996 NY Jets Keyshawn Johnson, WR, USC

1997 St. Louis Orlando Pace, OT, Ohio State

1998 Indianapolis Peyton Manning, QB, Tennessee

1999 Cleveland Tim Couch, QB, Kentucky

2000 Cleveland Courtney Brown, DE, Penn State

2001 Atlanta Michael Vick, QB, Virginia Tech

2002 Houston David Carr, QB, Fresno State

2003 Cincinnati Carson Palmer, QB, USC

2004 San Diego Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi

2005 San Francisco Alex Smith, QB Utah

2006 Houston Mario Williams, DE North Carolina State

1967 Baltimore Bubba Smith, DT, Michigan State

1968 Minnesota Ron Yary, T, USC

1969 Buffalo O.J. Simpson, RB, USC

1970 Pittsburgh Terry Bradshaw, QB, Louisiana Tech

1971 New England Jim Plunkett, QB, Stanford

1972 Buffalo Walt Patulski, DE, Notre Dame

1973 Houston John Matuszak, DE, Tampa

1974 Dallas Ed Jones, DE, Tennessee State

1975 Atlanta Steve Bartkowski, QB, California

1976 Tampa Bay Lee Roy Selmon, DE, Oklahoma

1977 Tampa Bay Ricky Bell, RB, USC

1978 Houston Earl Campbell, RB, Texas

1979 Buffalo Tom Cousineau, LB, Ohio State

1980 Detroit Billy Sims, RB, Oklahoma

1981 New Orleans George Rogers, RB, South Carolina

1982 New England Kenneth Sims, DT, Texas

1983 Baltimore John Elway, QB, Stanford

1984 New England Irving Fryar, WR, Nebraska

1985 Buffalo Bruce Smith, DE, Virginia Tech

1986 Tampa Bay Bo Jackson, RB, Auburn

1987 Tampa Bay Vinny Testaverde, QB, Miami-FL

1988 Atlanta Aundray Bruce, LB, Auburn

1989 Dallas Troy Aikman, QB, UCLA

1990 Indianapolis Jeff George, QB, Illinois

1991 Dallas Russell Maryland, DT, Miami-FL

1992 Indianapolis Steve Emtman, DT, Washington

1993 New England Drew Bledsoe, QB, Washington State

1994 Cincinnati Dan Wilkinson, DT, Ohio State

1995 Cincinnati Ki-Jana Carter, RB, Penn State

1996 NY Jets Keyshawn Johnson, WR, USC

1997 St. Louis Orlando Pace, OT, Ohio State

1998 Indianapolis Peyton Manning, QB, Tennessee

1999 Cleveland Tim Couch, QB, Kentucky

2000 Cleveland Courtney Brown, DE, Penn State

2001 Atlanta Michael Vick, QB, Virginia Tech

2002 Houston David Carr, QB, Fresno State

2003 Cincinnati Carson Palmer, QB, USC

2004 San Diego Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi

2005 San Francisco Alex Smith, QB Utah

2006 Houston Mario Williams, DE North Carolina State

noted

Bubba played de at Michigan state and he switched between de and dt in the pros (they played him everywhere to terrorize opponents).

I don't care about the Texans. I've never even stepped foot in that state. I just don't think Reggie Bush is the greatest thing since sliced bread. IMO he does not have the power of a Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk to run the ball in the middle. I mention those two because I have heard him compared to them. Great receiver out of the backfield but he at this point i think he is overhyped. I am a little wary of the Reggie Bush hype. My main concern was that the guy benefitted by playing on some tremendously talented USC teams. Not sure if he is the kind of guy you can just hand the ball off to and expect results.

ETA- All of Bubba's football cards list him as a defensive end.

IMO he does not have the power of a Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk to run the ball in the middle.

sounds like tiki barber, emmitt was too short, dunn too small, bettis too fat and slow, curtis martin couldn't outrun anyone, eddie george

too tall and takes too many hits, edge james wouldn't be the same after the injury, clinton portis can't run for power, willis mcgahee and frank

gore blew out their knees, thomas jones couldn't get it done... hey at least they got ron dayne right. :first:

sounds like tiki barber, emmitt was too short, dunn too small, bettis too fat and slow, curtis martin couldn't outrun anyone, eddie george

too tall and takes too many hits, edge james wouldn't be the same after the injury, clinton portis can't run for power, willis mcgahee and frank

gore blew out their knees, thomas jones couldn't get it done... hey at least they got ron dayne right. :first:

What are you talking about?

Gettinghuge, are you ever going to answer my question on how a tipped ball which saved a win is scored?

We could just as easily say:

Bush 0 game winning events

Williams 1

:dunno:

:wub:

What are you talking about?

what am I talking about? what are you talking about?

YOU were the one trashing reggie bush as weak, overhyped...-I- then point out that people have said the same stuff about many of the

greats and current excellent RBs.

when people doubt extremely talented, driven guys like that, more often then not they eat their words.

I was at the game sunday as well, and I was focusing in on Mario most of the game. That guy is a specimen, he was double-teamed on almost every play that I saw. He also missed Culpepper a couple of times, and when he got his 1.5 sacks (which came on consecutive plays), it was the loudest I've heard reliant since their first win against Dallas.

Its unfair to judge an RB vs a DE, like was said by many before, a lot of what he does isn't captured on the stat sheet.

Some of my buddies are thinking that the Texans knew something of Bush's past (the agent crap while in college) and Kubiak didn't want to deal with it.

If Mario gets 6.5 sacks, I'll be pleased. The kid is a beast.

Reggie FOCKING Bush!! :thumbsup: :banana:

11 catches?!

a focking game winning punt return for a TD at the end of the 4th quarter?!!??!

2 pts :banana: