Sign in to follow this  
parrot

***OFFICIAL DO NOT DRAFT LIST***

There was a thread like this last year that listed all the major injuries and other circumstances affecting players' draft status. It was a pretty valuable quick reference resouce at draft time.

I'll update this post periodically as a thread summary.

Done For Year

Brian Finneran - WR- Atl - Knee

Injuries of note

Portis likely to miss rest of preseason

Domanick Davis: Swollen knee still and issue

Darrell Jackson likely out until late August

Casey Fitzsimmons - TE - Det - could miss one to three regular-season games

Holdout/Suspension/Retirement/etc.

Deion Branch continues to hold out despite heavy fines

Ashle Lelie - holdout

Major Injury

Clinton Portis - Dislocated shoulder - 8/13/06 - 4 to 6 weeks

where has this been said?

the most ive heard so far is that hes out of preseason but will be back for the first week

MRI is negative showing a partial dislocation only

the most ive heard so far is that hes out of preseason but will be back for the first week

I thougth 4-6 was what was being reported, I will edit.

What about a catagory for those players that have burned you so bad you'll never trust them AGAIN!

For me that would be Fred Taylor

What about a catagory for those players that have burned you so bad you'll never trust them AGAIN!

For me that you be Fred Taylor

That's not what I'm after here, but thanks for the input.

LJ, no Roaf, new scheme, tough division, old team and no competition in camp. I think that Vermeil was hesitant to turn the reigns over to this guy for a reason and am not sold on him, 1700yds in 9 games or not. Without that scheme that has put guys like Faulk and Priest into the #1 slot for years I just don't think that he is going to warrant that #1 overall pick. Top 10 is what I see at best.

Yes, I love going out on a limb.

DJax...That knee injury just has not gotten better. :dunno:

Link?

I thought he was slated to play the 3rd preseason game, as per his original rehab schedule.

I thought this was a "do not draft list"...not a "I wouldn't draft him 1st list"
Yes, I think most people aren't grasping the intent of this thread.

This is supposed to serve as a quick reference of guys you should avoid or at least be aware of injuries to or holdouts by. Not guys you personally don't think will have good years. We are looking for things that are backed up by undisputed facts.

With that in mind, parrot. If you really want to add credibility to your post and get it 'pinned' maybe add links to articles detailing the info. It shouldn't be to hard to do a google news search on Brain Finneran and get say

This rotowire article reporting on his injury.

This way when you say Portis is out 4-6 weeks, it's not just your memory or speculation, it's an article people can read.

Just a thought.

Link?

I thought he was slated to play the 3rd preseason game, as per his original rehab schedule.

This further illustrates my point. We don't need speculation or unsupported claims. Make this thread a fact based reference with links and it's invaluable.

Portis likely to miss rest of preseason

Domanick Davis: Swollen knee still and issue

Deion Branch continues to hold out despite heavy fines

Darrell Jackson likely out until late August

Link?

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/?...p;tb=1&pb=1

Technically yes. But he also supposed to come back laste year after a couple of weeks and that lingered for about 10 weeks. Then after the season he had more trouble and is now "behind" schedule. This could be, as the article states, Jackson just taking it easy or there could be more to this. I don't know that I want to draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round who may or may not be ready when the season starts. :thumbsup:

LJ, no Roaf, new scheme, tough division, old team and no competition in camp. I think that Vermeil was hesitant to turn the reigns over to this guy for a reason and am not sold on him, 1700yds in 9 games or not. Without that scheme that has put guys like Faulk and Priest into the #1 slot for years I just don't think that he is going to warrant that #1 overall pick. Top 10 is what I see at best.

Interesting comment during the pre-seaon game (not sure who it was for the Texan broadcast) - paraphrasing "I think Johnson needs a challange and Herm will have to ride his arse" - also made mention of not starting at Penn st. and how Vermeil challenged him as a rookie. I'm sorry - but Herm doesn't strike me as that type of coach (but, then again, Vermeil was touchy/feely too).

Ashley Lelie, hold out.

If you extend this to guys who aren't out yet but are well on their way due to bad attitude or finally being exposed for the losers they are:

Jerry Porter

Justin McCariens

Ron Dayne

Don't forget the "Violating the league substance abuse policy" catagory.

Yes, I think most people aren't grasping the intent of this thread.

This is supposed to serve as a quick reference of guys you should avoid or at least be aware of injuries to or holdouts by. Not guys you personally don't think will have good years. We are looking for things that are backed up by undisputed facts.

:blink:

Yep, a quick reference guide of pertinent events that have taken place, not speculation or projection, is what I'm shooting for.

With that in mind, parrot. If you really want to add credibility to your post and get it 'pinned' maybe add links to articles detailing the info. It shouldn't be to hard to do a google news search on Brain Finneran and get say

This rotowire article reporting on his injury.

This way when you say Portis is out 4-6 weeks, it's not just your memory or speculation, it's an article people can read.

Just a thought.

Point taken. Someone did it last year and did an awesome job, Fumbleweed maybe? Regardless, I'm hoping that if I demonstrate enought incompetence they'll say "Let ME focking do it... " Maybe sans the "focking" part if it was Fumble. :D

Tough division? Defensively? Against the run? You have got to be kidding...

New scheme? Says who?

Competition - you want RBBC?

Old team - ok - but I'd rather have old team and young RB then the other way around

I'll give you Roaf - but even that is not decided, and he was prolific without Roaf last year

i'm looking for someting on portis, also. everything seems like opinion, not fact.

New scheme? Says who?

Old team - ok - but I'd rather have old team and young RB then the other way around

I'll give you Roaf - but even that is not decided, and he was prolific without Roaf last year

Yes...tough division against the run...2 out of the 3 teams they face in the division were the #1 adn #2 rushing defenses in the league last year.

Or is that a bad thing to rank that high against the run?

A. Green

I'm not sure how to handle guys like Green, Jackson, Palmer, etc. who are working their way back from stuff last year. There's just nothing real specific to report. :D

TO, Randy Moss, Aaron Brooks. There are a lot of good wr's this year and i don't need TO's risk and Randy has a horrible qb

yo - I was thinking of doing the injury list thread i did a couple years ago (by position, by last name, shows status and estimated return, bold updates). I'll start it up again if you want to pass this off. it was pretty popular if I recall.

Trent Green and T. Gonzalez. I had Tony G and LJ last year so i watched alot of Chiefs. Green and Gonzo were completely worthless without Meat Roaf in the lineup. LJ will still thrive but Trent was completely ineffective without him and Tony G stayed in to block most of the time.

New scheme? Says who?

dont forget about T Richardson too....LJ will Dissapoint this year...you read it here first!

yo - I was thinking of doing the injury list thread i did a couple years ago (by position, by last name, shows status and estimated return, bold updates). I'll start it up again if you want to pass this off. it was pretty popular if I recall.

Gladly. :pointstosky:

manning continues to recover from his butt injury from last saturday night with his boyfriend... I don't know if his ###### will be able to play week one.

Culpepper - Too tentative after that surgery and I vowed to never draft him again after last years debacle.