Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Jets get their running back

Jets get Kevin Barlow in a trade

Jets | Barlow acquired from 49ers

Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:28:58 -0700

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have traded RB Kevan Barlow to the New York Jets.

Gore could be a great steal if he has a relatively quiet rest of the preseason.

Barlow makes a decent play for the Jets once he learns the offense, say week 3 or 4.

Jets get Kevin Barlow in a trade

Jets | Barlow acquired from 49ers

Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:28:58 -0700

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have traded RB Kevan Barlow to the New York Jets.

Gore could be a great steal

Fantasy speaking, great trade for both teams as it opens up two fulltime starting back postions. That'll make things a bit easier come next Sat (draft night). :banana:

I think it is good for the Jets... I thought Barlow needed to get out of there.

Now after last week, Turner spoke highly of Robinson and his power, will Robinson see more carries in the season now?

Not convinced it's still not going to be a RBBC. Don't think Barlow is much better than what they have.

Agreed! It puts the 49ers in a situation with a feature back though.

I think it is good for the Jets... I thought Barlow needed to get out of there.

Now after last week, Turner spoke highly of Robinson and his power, will Robinson see more carries in the season now?

Hicks looked pretty good last year, although he is kinda small.

Gore+ Norv Turner- Barlow= Great season for Gore.

Think of Lamont Jordan last season. No kidding, I think Gore can put up those kinds of numbers.

This is great news. I jsut drafted Gore a few hours ago. I thought he would win the job outright, but this makes it a little more conclusive.

This is great news. I jsut drafted Gore a few hours ago. I thought he would win the job outright, but this makes it a little more conclusive.

I'm like you I feel great, I got him for $5 in a $400 league cap. :P :banana:

Gore can't stay healthy period

Norv Turner turns rbs into stars. Gore has nice value, yet so does barlow, maybe not as much....win - win in the fantasy world. One more decent option at RB.

So now where should one draft Gore? Featured back with talent, but on a bad team. Is 4th too high?

Not sure where you draft him but he just passed the likes of kevin Jones, Chester Taylor Deuce Thomas Jones, Ahman Green etc for me

In deeper leagues make sure you get Hicks as a backup

So Hicks goes up and Gore go up

Houston and Blaylock go down

Barlow = who knows?

Not sure where you draft him but he just passed the likes of kevin Jones, Chester Taylor Deuce Thomas Jones, Ahman Green etc for me

Barlow = who knows?

I'd say Barlow goes up a bit. Houston/Blaylock are less competition than Gore and the Jets actively traded for him.

Did you talk to his doctor or his mother?? :P

Been well documented through college and didn't he miss a few last year splitting w/ Barlow? mmmm Gore homework should be necessary now before putting too high on the list

From RotoWorld the other day (before the trade, obviously):

"RotoWorld has projected Frank Gore as San Francisco's starting running back over Kevan Barlow since April. The coaching staff loves him and his numbers last season speak volumes; Gore could be a Pro Bowl-type talent if he stays healthy.

Round one of his preseason battle with Barlow was a knockout for Gore. Barlow left after one carry with a thigh injury. Gore piled up 92 total yards and a touchdown on ten carries and five catches. Still one of the most undervalued running backs in fantasy football, we expect Gore to officially lock up the starting job officially before the preseason is over."

The 48ers really over paid for Barlow when they gave him his deal. The guy just never lived up to expectations. I am really surprised to see this move, I thought for sure it would be Duckett.

I guess the Jets can still use their #1 pick next season on Adrian Peterson from OU.

Damn...draft in one week. Would have been nice and sneaky if it were tonight. However, anytime one team (SF) moves away from dreaded RBBC, I'm happy. :banana:

Barlow = who knows?

I have Hicks in my dynasty league. He actually won me a game last year. I had to start him out of desperation and he ended up having a solid week. Hopefully he gets a solid amount of work.

Gore does miss a lot of time with injuries. I would still spend a 5th rounder on Gore, maybe even a 4th.

I just hope they didn't give up too high of a draft pick for him. I'm hoping to see a 3rd or lower. If they gave up a 2nd, then it was too much. Good move though. Now, hopefully he can pass his physical. :banana:

I'd say Barlow goes up a bit. Houston/Blaylock are less competition than Gore and the Jets actively traded for him.

Yep I just moved Gore up to #22 and Barlow up to #23

Barlow is a good pass catcher too, so not even sure if Jets will use a Blaylock as 3rd down back

I have Hicks in my dynasty league. He actually won me a game last year. I had to start him out of desperation and he ended up having a solid week. Hopefully he gets a solid amount of work.

Gore does miss a lot of time with injuries. I would still spend a 5th rounder on Gore, maybe even a 4th.

yeah i had to pick up hicks in a few leagues last yer too, he didnt do awful.. I think I had to start him in my 3rd place game :banana:

Gore is a 3rd rounder in a 12 team league easy. In a 10 team he might make it out of the third but I doubt it.

Gore can't stay healthy period

Might do you a bit of good to check on rookie backs who had 100 plus touches and how many games they typically miss their first year. The overwhelming majority over the past three years (that's as far as I checked) miss at least two games as rookies. Gore did tear up his knee in college too but but he seems to be past that. I wouldn't put enough stock in his shoulder injuries from last year to pass on him as a third RB somewhere into the fourth round.

Might do you a bit of good to check on rookie backs who had 100 plus touches and how many games they typically miss their first year. The overwhelming majority over the past three years (that's as far as I checked) miss at least two games as rookies. Gore did tear up his knee in college too but but he seems to be past that. I wouldn't put enough stock in his shoulder injuries from last year to pass on him as a third RB somewhere into the fourth round.

I only look at rookie backs who have had 200 plus touches ,healthy and still playing...last time I knew,healthy players do help win FF championships right? Lets talk Gore when he carries the load a full season.

BREAKING NEWS:

NewYork (FF): Recently acquired RB Barlow has failed the physical with the New York Jets. When questioned about the second failed physical in the last week, Jets team physician Dr. Frank Stein remarked that neither had the knee structured that they were looking for. When pressured for a better answer, Dr. Stein cracked and blurted out "We aren't looking for a RB, we are looking for someone with a similar knee to a healthy Curtis Martin. We believe that by transplanting someone's good knee to Martin, that we can increase the length of his career by 2-3 months." Upon hearing this, a jailed Maurice Clarett offered his knees to the Jets for an undisclosed sum. "at least part of me will play in the NFL this way" remarked Clarett.

BREAKING NEWS:

NewYork (FF): Recently acquired RB Barlow has failed the physical with the New York Jets. When questioned about the second failed physical in the last week, Jets team physician Dr. Frank Stein remarked that neither had the knee structured that they were looking for. When pressured for a better answer, Dr. Stein cracked and blurted out "We aren't looking for a RB, we are looking for someone with a similar knee to a healthy Curtis Martin. We believe that by transplanting someone's good knee to Martin, that we can increase the length of his career by 2-3 months." Upon hearing this, a jailed Maurice Clarett offered his knees to the Jets for an undisclosed sum. "at least part of me will play in the NFL this way" remarked Clarett.

:) :pointstosky: :dunno:

Free Maurice, FREE MAURICE (or should I say Maurice's knees)!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

LINK!!! :pointstosky:

Lets talk Gore when he carries the load a full season.

Unfortunately in fantasy football you cant get a sure thing for cheap. Gotta act now and take a risk. I'm looking to get this guy in most of my leagues a round or two below what his ADP should be.

BREAKING NEWS:

:doublethumbsup:

hilarious!

This is fantastic news. I liked Gore already. Now, I really like him, especially in a PPR league. He looked really good against the Bears, running for 49 yards and a TD, not to mention another 32 yards on 5 receptions. And that was the Bears defense on the other side of the ball.

I just hope, hope, hope he doesn't go off in any of the remaining games so he can stay under the radar.

I only look at rookie backs who have had 200 plus touches ,healthy and still playing...last time I knew,healthy players do help win FF championships right? Lets talk Gore when he carries the load a full season.

OK, look at rookie backs with 200 plus touches. Same results only fewer players to judge by. My point is there are plenty of backs who are being drafted in the first two rounds who missed as much time and more than Gore did as rookies.