Sign in to follow this  
NASDAQ

R. Browns value could take serious hit

The Dolphins could reportedly be interested in Lions RB Artose Pinner.

Lions beat writers have been lobbying to trade Pinner for weeks. Miami could use another runner and Detroit might be interested in adding depth to their defensive line in the form of Jeff Zgonina or Manny Wright

I think that would be good for the Dolphins, he could spell Ronnie about 7-10 rushes per game or just be used for blocking (don't know if he's a good blocker though).

I think he'll be just fine. We'll see in six weeks, but Brown will have a fine year. Every trade the next few weeks will get over analyzed in the fantasy football realm, and this is the same thing. Don't worry bout ronnie.. Pinner, thats a good one.

Did I read this right? Serious hit and Pinner in the same post? The only way Pinner makes a dent is if they use him at guard and further downgrade the O-line. THE Arotose Pinner "who can't beat out Kevin Jones" Artose Pinner. Hmmmm :doh:

I have a 180 view...it could actually help Brown stay fresh and healthy by having a servicable backup.

dont forget fins' already have a good veteran FB whats his name Fred beasly i think....

Pinner sucks, whatever they get for him would be a steal

threat to Brown :wacko:

K.Jones is no.1

Bryson for blocking

Calhoun - little bit of everything

threat to Brown :first:

K.Jones is no.1

Bryson for blocking

:wacko:

You all are idiots. Pinner is a legit threat, and wherever he goes he will take some carries. Hes been underrated so far in his career, but you can't deny legit talent for that long. Pinner will take the starting job from whomever is on his team IMO.

You all are idiots. Pinner is a legit threat, and wherever he goes he will take some carries. Hes been underrated so far in his career, but you can't deny legit talent for that long. Pinner will take the starting job from whomever is on his team IMO.

Reported

threat to Brown :lol:

K.Jones is no.1

Bryson for blocking

:lol:

Like he's won the starting role everywhere else he's ever been? :D

Like he's won the starting role everywhere else he's ever been? :D

As a detroit homer, I've had ample opportunity to watch pinner play. He runs fairly well between the tackles, has decent speed, and has alright hands as a receiver, though the lions have underutilized that aspect of his game. All around, he's a decent runner, but not feature back material. When he's had the opportunity to start (pre-K. Jones and during injuries) he has hardly impressed. Granted we don't have the best offensive line, but... :ninja:

That said, I hope we do trade him. He could be a serviceable backup to Brown (but no more) and help keep Brown fresh throughout the season. For the lions it will clear up the depth chart and allow more PT for Calhoun, and any depth we could get along the line would be helpful, though I would prefer they get OL depth as opposed to DL, but whatever.

As for legit threat, not sure what games you saw him play so please enlighten us.

The Dolphins could reportedly be interested in Lions RB Artose Pinner.

Lions beat writers have been lobbying to trade Pinner for weeks. Miami could use another runner and Detroit might be interested in adding depth to their defensive line in the form of Jeff Zgonina or Manny Wright

this is a depth thing. brown owners should be happy if they aquire a back that can spell him a few carries a game. it's important that your players are still performing late in the season.

So why is detroit trading him? If his talent is legit, don't you think Bryson would be the first one traded instead of him?

Sammy Morris > Artose Pinner

Like buttah.

And I highly doubt there is any credibility to that rumor.

I clicked on this expecting a serious post. ?????????? This is gonna scare owners away for sure!! :rolleyes:

I keep expecting to hear that Betts is going to Miami, but even that wouldn't affect Ronnie much. Don't worry, as long as you got chambers on the outside, Ronnie is gonna do fine!!!

threat to Brown :rolleyes:

K.Jones is no.1

Bryson for blocking

you forgot arlen harris.

pinner doesn't suck; he's just caught in a numbers game.

you forgot arlen harris.

pinner doesn't suck; he's just caught in a numbers game.

Pinner does suck. Why draft Calhoun and pick up Harris?, obviously Martz doesn't see anything there. Pinners had the opportunity to step it up when Jones was hurt and didn't produce and hasn't shown anything in Detroit. I say GOOD RIDDANCE to another brilliant Matt Millen draft pick.