Sign in to follow this  
ffdomino

5 worst teams this year

Throw me a bone. I have no exasperated dreams of playoffs but I do not think the Niners are bottom of the barrel anymore. Who do you guys and gals see as the bottom 5 this year?

Worst to least worst order

1. Jets (sad team/hard division)

2. Tenn (eh team/hard division)

3. Browns (sucky/hard division)

4. Green Bay (bad team (both sides)/easy SOS)

5. San Fran (bad team/easy SOS)

P.S. should anyone want a low mileage QB...I think we have you can have. May be a carney though...small hands and smells of cabbage.

Those are probably the obvious 5...however one or two will surprise and not be in the bottom, and similar that another team will disappoint and end up in there (Raiders, Texans, Lions, Bills...)

Throw me a bone. I have no exasperated dreams of playoffs but I do not think the Niners are bottom of the barrel anymore. Who do you guys and gals see as the bottom 5 this year?

Worst to least worst order

P.S. should anyone want a low mileage QB...I think we have you can have. May be a carney though...small hands and smells of cabbage.

1. Jets

2. Browns

3. Raiders

4. Browns

5. Detroit

6. Titans

7. San Fran

8. Green Bay

1. Jets

2. Browns

3. Raiders

4. Browns

5. Detroit

6. Titans

7. San Fran

8. Green Bay

The Browns are so bad they are 2nd and 4th?

the 5 worst..IMO

1- titans

2- bills

3- saints

4- raiders

5- packers

others that could fall in the bottom 5- 49ers, texans, jets, rams and lions

and i disagree about the browns.. theyre ok

Off the top of my head:

1) New Orleans

2) N.Y. Jets

3) Green Bay

4) San Fransisco

5) Oakland

After watching last nights game I would have to list the five worst teams as follows

1 Packers

2 Packers

3 Packers

4 Packers

5 Packers

I am a Packers homer, but WOW! They looked more inept than the Ben Gals from a few years back. Of course seeing what Lewis has done in Cincinnati we can have hope in the future.

:ninja:

Titans

Jets

Houston

SF

Browns :clap:

Anyway all I know is the Titans have the worst defense in the league and the Jets have the worst offense...

Feeling better now.

But the fact that my team has an average 3rd worse team ranking of the year is a depressing matter.

While I readily admit to being a Browns homer, I fail to see how the team that was 12th worst last year got that much worse that 9 teams became better than them. Cleveland had an extremely active FA signing period, and effectively has gained 3 1st rd picks this year over the end of last year, getting back Winslow and Edwards as well as this year's group. Add to that a year more distant from Davis's leadership and another year learning the 3-4, and I think Cleveland should be at least average this year. I'm not expecting a playoff run, but I don't see a team that's going to be embarrassing to watch. They'll get dragged down some by their SOS, but I don't see them being considered a bottom 5 team.

While I readily admit to being a Browns homer, I fail to see how the team that was 12th worst last year got that much worse that 9 teams became better than them. Cleveland had an extremely active FA signing period, and effectively has gained 3 1st rd picks this year over the end of last year, getting back Winslow and Edwards as well as this year's group. Add to that a year more distant from Davis's leadership and another year learning the 3-4, and I think Cleveland should be at least average this year. I'm not expecting a playoff run, but I don't see a team that's going to be embarrassing to watch. They'll get dragged down some by their SOS, but I don't see them being considered a bottom 5 team.

I do not have logic for it. The Browns just seem to be use to losing

Everyone is really misjudging Oaklan IMO. Did anyone see them manhandle the Lions? I see it like this

1. Jets

2. Browns

3. Lions

4. Packers

5. Titans

Their biggest free agent acquisition is out for the season.

How many centers have they gone through now?

Young QB, WR and TE coming off of a major injury...poor Oline, average RB....tough division and tough schedule....

Sorry FFdomino - but I was at the SF/Dallas game Saturday nite, in full Niner gear, and they looked like raw doo doo. I'm a lifelong diehard, so I always have high hopes, but my God, they're d is horrible, and the o-line is being held together w/duct tape. I was thinking they might squeeze 6 or 7 wins out this year playing AZ and STL twice, GB, Oakland, Minny, Detroit, and the Saints, but I don't know, that was pretty discouraging to see first-hand and up-close Saturday.

1. bills

2. tie between pack and the faiders

3. jets

4. lions

5. texans

niners ride the smith to bryant train all the way to their 6th Superbowl win...

okay maybe i'm being overly optimistic...i think the niners'll finish 8-8 or 9-7. soft schedule, improving offense.

1. titans

2. jets

3. browns

4. packs

5. my sleeper pick is.... chiefs :rolleyes: :cheers: :banana:

Do not think you can call that a "sleeper" pick. How about a narcoleptic pick? And I agree. LJ will be a big bust this year, their lack of WR will not be able to carry the team, and Herm will bring his losing habits to KC.

Thanks for being the first to say it though!!!

It's pretty apparent that nobody on this forum has ever seen the Browns play.

I've watched just about every PS game that's been shown, and the Texans, 49ers, Packers, Jets, and Titans are far and away the most horrid teams in the league, right now.

It's baffling to me that folks give Houston any credit at all - they won 2 games last year (worst team in the league) and did very little in the offseason... and their most talented overall offensive player is out for some mysterious time period. The Browns won 6 games, and somehow they've dropped to worse than this garbage bag franchise, after signing Ted Washington, Willie McGinest, and Joe Jurivicius? This isn't even considering the return of Braylon and Winslow.

And yeah, I'd rather have Frye than Carr. Carr has had a chance to prove he sucks, and done a bang-up job of it.

Yep, that bad....:rolleyes:

I got

1. Jets

2. 49ers

3. Titans

4. Bills

5. Browns

I'm not going to go into a big defense of the Jets, i'll just say they won't be as bad as most of you seem to think. They are not even close to a playoff team, but they also aren't even the worst team in their division, see the Buffalo Bills.

1. Packers

2. Bills

3. 49ers

4. Titans

5. Raiders (they just signed Jeff George, enough said)

Niner fans are bit delusion this year...

@ Arizona - loss --> (ARI is like the Niners with Edge, Boldin, and Fitz)

vs. St. Louis - loss --> no contest

vs. Philadelphia - loss --> no contest

@ Kansas City - loss --> no contest

vs. Oakland - loss --> OAK is a slightly better team

vs. San Diego - loss --> even with Rivers...still a better team position for position

BYE - tie

@ Chicago - loss --> no contest

vs. Minnesota - loss --> I'll give you this one...but as charity

@ Detroit - win --> but San Fran has a chance to upset

vs. Seattle - loss --> no contest

@ St. Louis - loss --> no contest

@ New Orleans - loss --> much improved team this year...more offensive weapons

vs. Green Bay - loss --> if they played earlier in the year it may be a different outcome

@ Seattle - loss --> no contest

vs. Arizona - loss --> (they are like the Niners with Edge, Boldin, and Fitz)

@ Denver - loss --> no contest

I got you guys down for 1 win... With 3 upsets...you may even get to last year's record...

The niners and the Jets are clearly the worst 2 teams in the NFL... (maybe add the Titans in there) The rest we will have to wait and see.

I'm also surprised that New Orleans is mentioned so infrequently. They lost the best players on the O line, and have only unproven players and journeymen, their QB is coming back from surgery on his throwing shoulder (which wasn't all that strong to begin with), and has looked lost in the preseason. Their D isn't going to win them many games either, and to top it all off they have a pretty difficult schedule to contend with.

Guess everyone's drinking the Reggie Bush Kool aid...

vs. San Diego - loss --> even with Rivers...still a better team position for position

BYE - tie

vs. Green Bay - loss --> if they played earlier in the year it may be a different outcome

I got you guys down for 1 win... With 3 upsets...you may even get to last year's record...

The niners and the Jets are clearly the worst 2 teams in the NFL... (maybe add the Titans in there) The rest we will have to wait and see.

Looks at bait...swims away

Don't underestimate the Arizona Cardinals ability to suck. When the regular season comes around look for them to fold quicker than paper at an origami convention.

Looks at bait...swims away

smart man.

I see it as such:

In order of suckiest (1 = most sucktastic)

1. Jets - especially after Pennington goes down (not if, when)

2. Browns

3. New Orleans Saints (the 'aints are back)

4. Packers

5. Tenn

6. Niners

I bumped Tenn purely on coaching. Fisher is a friggin genius and I have nothing but respect for what he does with nothing. That team will have a good defense at some point, because Jeff will WILL it to happen.

Saints have Bush and are otherwise entirely the suck.

Niners need help on D, but should have a solid O - Packers are sketchy on both sides of the ball and (as predicted and lambasted for saying) they have the worst O-Line in history.

Young QB, WR and TE coming off of a major injury...poor Oline, average RB....tough division and tough schedule....

Whether the QB is young or not, the offense last year was horrible. He could close his eyes and provide more offense than what we had last year.

The OL is poor, but not as bad as last year.

The average back got what, 1200 yds last year, being the only weapon they had, and now with Harrison, there's someone to give him some rest and get more catches out of the backfield.

The defense was a relative strength last year. The only way they won the 6 games they did was by the defense keeping the scores low enough, and this year's defense is much better than last.

Tough division, yeah, but I don't see it being that much tougher than last year.

Since everyone has their own opinions, I'll just shut up now. That way, I can say told you so at the end of the year. If they do wind up as one of the 5 worst, woohoo top 5 draft pick. I see it as a win-win.

regardless where they are and end up.

Niners are nothing more than a shell of their former selves.

we were never turtles...

After watching last nights game I would have to list the five worst teams as follows

1 Packers

:(

Make sure to draft players going against the packers this year and hopefully TWICE!

Surprised no one's mentioning the Jaguars...

why would they? top 5 D, above average O-Line, inexperienced yet talented offensive weapons...one risky RB and a couple young bucks...this team will not be the best in the league, but they're not even close to the others listed.

smart man.

I see it as such:

In order of suckiest (1 = most sucktastic)

1. Jets - especially after Pennington goes down (not if, when)

2. Browns

3. New Orleans Saints (the 'aints are back)

4. Packers

5. Tenn

6. Niners

I bumped Tenn purely on coaching. Fisher is a friggin genius and I have nothing but respect for what he does with nothing. That team will have a good defense at some point, because Jeff will WILL it to happen.

Saints have Bush and are otherwise entirely the suck.

Niners need help on D, but should have a solid O - Packers are sketchy on both sides of the ball and (as predicted and lambasted for saying) they have the worst O-Line in history.

Worst line in history? Have you seen the Texans play?

Whether the QB is young or not, the offense last year was horrible. He could close his eyes and provide more offense than what we had last year.

The OL is poor, but not as bad as last year.

The average back got what, 1200 yds last year, being the only weapon they had, and now with Harrison, there's someone to give him some rest and get more catches out of the backfield.

The defense was a relative strength last year. The only way they won the 6 games they did was by the defense keeping the scores low enough, and this year's defense is much better than last.

Tough division, yeah, but I don't see it being that much tougher than last year.

Since everyone has their own opinions, I'll just shut up now. That way, I can say told you so at the end of the year. If they do wind up as one of the 5 worst, woohoo top 5 draft pick. I see it as a win-win.

How is it not as bad as last year? Who is your starting Center...how many have you been through this offseason?

I do see it as tougher than last year...Baltimore is improved, Cinci will be as good if not better, with Pitt declining maybe just a tad. In addition to have to play SD, Denver...and so on...

:banana:

Make sure to draft players going against the packers this year and hopefully TWICE!

Like say...Chad Johnson?

As I said...the only saving grace is that no team in the North has a #2 WR like TJ.....

Though, bump up the starting RB for the Bears...thats about it...

I don't think the Packers will be quite as bad as they looked against the Bengals, but I agree that they will be in the bottom third of performers this year, most likely.

Bottom Ten....

San Francisco

Houston

Tennessee

Jets

Buffalo

Detroit

Green Bay

Oakland

New Orleans

Cleveland

You could make a good case for....

Minnesota, Washington

BYE - tie

not all 9er fans are dillusional.

1. Jets

2. Green Bay

3. Texans

4a Bills

4b 49ers