Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Who was your "flyer" For your draft?

My flyer was Vincent Jackson for the chargers. He is a beast that played with rivers on the practice squad and already has a chemistry with him. If he got 4-6 tds this year I would be pretty happy.

My flyer was Vincent Jackson for the chargers. He is a beast that played with rivers on the practice squad and already has a chemistry with him. If he got 4-6 tds this year I would be pretty happy.

I drafted him in one league, too. In the other league I picked him up as a WW move. I doubt I go after him in the auction draft Tues., but maybe......for a buck.

I took a couple late fliers:

Troy Williamson - WR4

Vernon Davis - TE2

Michael Turner - RB4

I like guys like Michael Turner, and MB:III -

Studs running behind studs = late draft pick with high upside if they get in, as well as great trade bait for the team holding the starter.

This strategy worked well for me last year taking LJ in the 5th.

I love Troy as my 4th WR - I'm looking for 1,000 yds and 6 TDs from him this year, and could even do better.

I took a couple late fliers:

Troy Williamson - WR4

Vernon Davis - TE2

Michael Turner - RB4

I like guys like Michael Turner, and MB:III -

Studs running behind studs = late draft pick with high upside if they get in, as well as great trade bait for the team holding the starter.

This strategy worked well for me last year taking LJ in the 5th.

I love Troy as my 4th WR - I'm looking for 1,000 yds and 6 TDs from him this year, and could even do better.

:dunno: Yeah we did! :banana:

Ronald Curry.....I think he's a good bet to have a nice season. If Moss or Porter go down, his value could really rise! Great athlete with alot of room to get much better. He's also a great compliment to Moss and Porters style of play. He was 6th wr.....so if he don't pan out....oh well.

Dieon Branch. I have a pretty strong wr corp so I took him just in case something happens. If all my guys stay healthy, and Branch comes back for the last 6 games(and plays, dont know how that works) Brady will go to him. Have to see how it all works out. Hopefully he gets traded, but I think his value drops with any ohter team. NE can make anyone look good. Im sure he was drafted in all leagues,but definatly a flier!

Norwood Rb ATL in the 12th

David Boston for the Bucs.

Hopefully he can put up decent stats as a number 3 in Gruden's offense. If not then I really lose nothing.

Michael Jenkins WR ATL........ At that point I knew I had enough to drink and probably needed a ride home. :sleep: :doublethumbsup:

Sammie Parker 3rd yr. wr. deal

Michael Turner, just in case in redraft and future rb in dynasty league :sleep:

Looking back I feel I was on with his #s.

His yardage is not good but he has 3 TDs so far and could go for the higher range of 5-6.

Looking back I feel I was on with his #s.

His yardage is not good but he has 3 TDs so far and could go for the higher range of 5-6.

League 1 - Devery Henderson - I dropped him after week 2 and grabbed Colston (I think I may take him back tonight ;) )

League 2 - MJD - not bad for a 16th round flyer! We start 2RB, 2WR AND 2 Flex, so he's been a big part of my team all year. He's ranked 20th in this league! :thumbsdown:

Corey Bradford, Det WR. Eventually, he flew all the way to the waiver wire. And now, with the waiver wire consisting of little more than tumbleweeds and crickets, my only hope is a few more weeks of catastrophic season ending injuries to my opponents' players. It's come to that.

IDP League that rewards points for return yards. Darrent Williams & Justin Miller.

I got them back to back in the last two rounds. Miller worked out nicely. Williams...not so much.

Michael Jenkins WR ATL........ At that point I knew I had enough to drink and probably needed a ride home. :bench: :P

That sounds pretty familiar. :wall: I woke up the next morning with a pretty stiff hangover, but had enough of my senses left to drop him for MJD, which worked out a heck of a lot better than Jenkins would have.

I took Colston in the final round but as a TE. Before week 1 I dropped him for a WR and then after week 1 picked him back up but cbs changed him to a WR. He sat on my bench until Fitzgerald was injured.........

jennings

owen daniels

brees...maybe he gets drafted..but it was the next to last rd..10 teamer...

Guest JahRasta311

haha i was gonna come in here and post that i drafted him and lo and behold that's what you did.

i took SD's defense as the last D taken and that worked out pretty good for me, we need merriman back though.

Update on V.Jacson. He ended the year with 425 yards and 5 Tds. Right around where I thougt he would. This kid is going to be a beast next year.

Guest JahRasta311

I took flyers on Vincent Jackson who I ended up having to drop....Philip Rivers who I coincidentally dropped in week 5 when he started to tear it up because I traded for Carson Palmer and that was his bye week. I took a flyer on SD defense when nobody else in the league would touch them which helped and allowed me to trade away pittsburgh's defense. I also kinda took a flyer on Fred Taylor which worked out because he had a solid first half and I was lucky enough to trade him away for the injured Larry Fitzgerald. All in all I feel I had a solid draft. A couple people didn't play to expectation like Daunte Culpepper (UGH), but I had a deep team and was able to make some good trades during the season. I missed the super bowl by 3 pts, and I would have won it against the other team that made it....oh well I still won a little money for 3rd place....which is good cuz i'm headed to vegas in a couple days.

Update on V.Jacson. He ended the year with 425 yards and 5 Tds. Right around where I thougt he would. This kid is going to be a beast next year.

I drafted him last year in our rookie draft (last pick of the 1st round). He does not take up a roster spot unitl I "activate" him. Based on the last 5 or 6 weeks, it looks like next year could enter my lineup as my #3. Or, at least I am hoping for that kind of production.