Sign in to follow this  
floods

Darrell Jackson vs. Deion Branch

Arguments can be made that DJack's value goes down, but IMHO it goes up (Dynasty league nonwithstanding...that knee is a little scary).

He already has the 5+ years of chemistry developed with Hass and Branch should pull the D away from him more.

If anything, this might be an indcator on SA's value as the Hawks look to pass more this year than last.

Holmgren in his Wednesday presser said that the player who's receptions should be cut the most is Mack Strong's...he caught waaaaaay too many balls last week.

Arguments can be made that DJack's value goes down, but IMHO it goes up (Dynasty league nonwithstanding...that knee is a little scary).

He already has the 5+ years of chemistry developed with Hass and Branch should pull the D away from him more.

If anything, this might be an indcator on SA's value as the Hawks look to pass more this year than last.

Holmgren in his Wednesday presser said that the player who's receptions should be cut the most is Mack Strong's...he caught waaaaaay too many balls last week.

I agree. It's yet to be seen if this helps or hurts DJax.

I don't think DJax's knee is as bas as everyone thinks. Holmgren only wanted him to have a about 20-25 plays last Sunday and he ended I think playing about 60. So far, so good.

When Healthy D. Jax is top 10.Other than Super Bowl MVP Branch is overated. He is hurt alot and his Touchdown numbers are low.Dont be surprised if Seattle Spreads it around like the Patriots did.It worked for them. Jackson, Branch, Ingram, Buerlson, Warrick.Soon Stephans.

The hawks have always spread the ball around alot and S.A. has always been the man when they get close to the endzone. D. Jackson has still managed to up a great numbers especially on long TD's, his yds per/reception are higher than average I believe. The only ? is his health but he seems Ok so far. In a nutshell Branch will not affect his numbers the only thing that can hold him back is his knee.

Have both...This could go eaither way...It could help D Jax's production because of less double teams (see Houston Moulds/A. Johnson) or it could take away some of Jax's receptions...I still see D Jax getting downfield for the long TDs.

That said, I'm looking to deal Branch now before people stop believing the hype.

When Healthy D. Jax is top 10.Other than Super Bowl MVP Branch is overated. He is hurt alot and his Touchdown numbers are low.Dont be surprised if Seattle Spreads it around like the Patriots did.It worked for them. Jackson, Branch, Ingram, Buerlson, Warrick.Soon Stephans.

Ingram is no longer in the league

Warrick was cut

Is Burleson even worth carring on a roster?

Boy this team has a lot tied up on the WR position.

Why all the love for Branch? I am obviously missing something because all I am hearing is what a big mistake NE made and what a good move this is for Seattle. I think Seattle paid him way too much and he will turn out to be a solid #2 WR nothing more. I don't like bringing this up but my biggest concern would be his health. He has only played one 16 game season in 4 years (last year) and it seems when players hold out they are more likely to get hurt.

Javon Walker = 2006 #2 draft choice

Deion Branch = 2007 1 draft choice.

I feel Walker is a much better WR than Branch. Are NE or Denver great a negotiating a trade or are Seattle or GB terrible a negotiating a trade?

Is Burleson even worth carring on a roster?

Boy this team has a lot tied up on the WR position.

Back to the Vikes?

Nahhhh. I think Nate is the odd man out. Remember Tim Carter? Yeah, he was supposed to be good, still on the Giants team, cause he's fast ... know anyone that drafted him? Similar caliber player. Also see: Ron Dayne. No fantasy value. Shoulda been good ... but wasn't.

Ricky Williams? Peter Warrick? Michael Vick?

I rest my case.

Seattle wants a title run , And Branch is a money playoff reciever .

Branch is also a very average reciever it seems any other time and often injured ( just like djax ) .

IMO it helps both branch and jackson - especially Alexander ! Great trade by seattle.

Seattle will liley make the playoffs and have a pick around 25 or higher -- Who is better a proven playoff WR or rookie you get at the bottom of round 1 when you are trying to win now ! before Alexander wheels fall off ! !

Branch is a much better receiver than most of you realize. Brady spreads the ball around but Branch was his fave. He could have put up better #'s in another situation. This is a good trade by Seattle and it will help Djax (if healthy) to be a solid #1 and Branch will be an excellent #2 to complement the Seattle attack. The Pats make out well with a #1 but the loss of Branch really hurts the Pats at present. I am a Pats fan and if Gabriel or Chad Jackson does not step up and stretch the defense the pats offense will have problems being consistent. Good luck Seattle your equiped to win it all!

DJ

C'mon people. This does not help Jackson at all. Seattle already has a good passing attack but they run the ball too. The pass to run ratio will likely stay just the same, only now you have one more good wr and still only one ball and the same number of passes to go around. This is obvious insurance for when Djax inevitably goes down.

It all depends. I dont know that we can really forecast too far right now.

Branch comes in as the new guy, has to learn the offense. Will he develop a repore with Matt? Does he become the focal point at WR, or just enable Djax to avoid any double and thus improve HIS stats?

Only time will tell, and i dont think we know the true impact for 2-3 weeks. I would invest in him regardless.....

It all depends. I dont know that we can really forecast too far right now.

Branch comes in as the new guy, has to learn the offense. Will he develop a repore with Matt? Does he become the focal point at WR, or just enable Djax to avoid any double and thus improve HIS stats?

Only time will tell, and i dont think we know the true impact for 2-3 weeks. I would invest in him regardless.....

Great post, I invested and it's probably to late for anyone on WW.

Seattle has and will have a potent offense, they have some nice opponents in that division, Branch and Jackson may BOTH get their, like Wayne/Harrison and Boldin Fitz.

It's a long season, could be great in a couple weeks ! ;) :thumbsup:

The best I have seen the seahawks offense in recent years was the emergence of koro along with djax and alexander. In this trade I think the seahawks have caught the player they were chasing since koro left...

it breaks down like this:

a small cap on djax upside - but still a moderate #1 or good #2 fantasy wr

good for branch (lots of one on one to exploit, along with soft zones) - good #2 this year

Alexander loses some between the twentys - still the man

Hassellback benefits the most and solidifies himself as top 5 QB

the only one screwed here is burleson...

jdon

I just traded away DJax -- i think his short term value is still good -- IMHO SEA made a great pickup for, as another poster said, DJax goes down again -- I've had him on my roster, on-and-off, for a few seasons and while he does have a knack for scoring, he is nearly always an injury question -- At the end of the day, I just wanted a little more lineup stability.

Also, I think DJax's days as the deep threat may be coming to an end -- not because of the new addition.. just, how many times can his balky knees be an issue without it effecting his ability to a) shed DBs and :cheers: get downfield quickly.

For what it's worth:

9/14 4-WR formations in Seattle?

In March, Holmgren was scratching his head over how to get enough pass plays to everyone after Seattle signed Burleson from Minnesota. Now that the Seahawks have five receivers with NFL starting experience, Holmgren's head-scratching may be with a rake.

He is considering featuring formations with four wide receivers — Branch, Burleson and incumbent starters Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram — plus league MVP Shaun Alexander in the backfield.

"We have not been a big four-wide receiver team," Holmgren said. "But as I look at it, it is intriguing to get all those guys on the field at the same time."

Holmgren said in the interim, he may create a short, starter packet of plays on which Branch can focus and play within sooner. He did the same thing in 2004 when Jerry Rice arrived in Seattle in the middle of the season.

"I have to see him in our offense," Holmgren said. "I think he's going to be a great fit ... but let's get running a little bit."

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/609140313

9/14/2006 11:29:04 AM

Why all the love for Branch? I am obviously missing something because all I am hearing is what a big mistake NE made and what a good move this is for Seattle. I think Seattle paid him way too much and he will turn out to be a solid #2 WR nothing more. I don't like bringing this up but my biggest concern would be his health. He has only played one 16 game season in 4 years (last year) and it seems when players hold out they are more likely to get hurt.

Javon Walker = 2006 #2 draft choice

Deion Branch = 2007 1 draft choice.

I feel Walker is a much better WR than Branch. Are NE or Denver great a negotiating a trade or are Seattle or GB terrible a negotiating a trade?

Poor choice of Walker to compare to Branch. Walker missed all of last season and was hurt on Sunday + he never won a super bowl mvp award. Seattle feels it can win it all this year. If they do, the # 1 pick is #32, which is one pick away from a 2nd round pick.

Don't mean to tweak anybody, but I chuckle everytime someone mentions Branch having some kind've studly credential, because he is a SuperBowl MVP. Played great on the biggest stage -- that's definetly commendable.

Hey usually a bigtime player wins that award -- i.e. John Riggins, Marcus Allen, Tom Brady, Joe Montana -- i.e. true super stud -- There are a bunch of career mediocres like Desmond Howard, Mark Rypien, an older Ottis Anderson, Phil Simms.. granted real good players... but i just don't see the automatic credibility and assured status of a proven winner with one great game performance - definetly makes him worthy of SB Legend status, but not that of a stud IMHO --

Now, League MVP, totally different story.

Sorry, if it has no bearing on whether or not the guy is a good FF pickup -- just been hearing it a lot through this Branch-affair and wondered if anyone else though it was kinda blown outta proportion.

C'mon people. This does not help Jackson at all. Seattle already has a good passing attack but they run the ball too. The pass to run ratio will likely stay just the same, only now you have one more good wr and still only one ball and the same number of passes to go around. This is obvious insurance for when Djax inevitably goes down.

nice call.......... :thumbsup:

:alsonotreally:

It was Branch's first game as a Seahawk, and he contributed.

From what I saw, the Branch trade has really elevated Hasslebeck to an elite QB, since he has 4 valid WR options.

Jackson was the beneficiary of some of those passes today, but honestly you can't expect Hass to throw 5 TD's each week. That means, in the end, that Jackson's produciton and value will likely fall, and none of the Seattle wideouts will be worth more than a WR3 on any team.

I have Jackson in one league and Branch in another, so this definitely isn't a biased opinion - I'm a bit concerned after what I saw this weekend.

From what I saw, the Branch trade has really elevated Hasslebeck to an elite QB, since he has 4 valid WR options.

Jackson was the beneficiary of some of those passes today, but honestly you can't expect Hass to throw 5 TD's each week. That means, in the end, that Jackson's produciton and value will likely fall, and none of the Seattle wideouts will be worth more than a WR3 on any team.

I have Jackson in one league and Branch in another, so this definitely isn't a biased opinion - I'm a bit concerned after what I saw this weekend.

jackson will only be worth a #3 WR?? he's easily a top #2 WR as long as he's healthy. no doubt about it.

When DJax plays he scores tds -- until that changes, ride that pony 'til it dies. I'd be more concerned about his wheels coming off and less about the other WRs effect on him if i were a DJax owner.

branch contributing or not was not this issue, the issue was whether or not the addition would help jax or not.

having 2 solid wrs on one team may cut down on some touches, but it also opens some things up too.

hasselbeck was already there, least that's what most draft boards said heading into the season. on the 2nd point, exactly my point from up above.

Jackson was the beneficiary of some of those passes today, but honestly you can't expect Hass to throw 5 TD's each week.

way to point out the elephant in the room - no kidding.

That means, in the end, that Jackson's produciton and value will likely fall, and none of the Seattle wideouts will be worth more than a WR3 on any team.

no, what that means is that jax and branch will prolly produce as much as any pair of really solid wrs with an elite qb throwing to them - the comment that they will be worth nothing more than #3's is ridiculous.