Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Eagles fans......any one else a little worried?

After the emotional win over TO and Dallas, the thought of them going on the road against a much improved Saints team has me a little worried.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Eagles are the better team and would win 9 out 9of 10 times, but the circumstances have me concerned.

Talk me out of this crazy way of thinking, Eagles fans.

Not even really a trap game..... Philly has shredded some dicey teams as of late but I have yet to see the real test. Sure, the Cowboys can be tough and all, but Im not totally sold.

I am sold on McNabb for MVP right now but that Philly defense would get destroyed by a good run offense. J. Jones was able to break several 6-8 yard runs on them all day.

So maybe a partial trap game....but the lambs arent playing bad football.

Watching the replay of the Cowboys/Eagles game on NFL network, they showed the Eagles locker room after the game. The first thing B Dawkins said to the assembled group of players gathered around him was, [paraphrasing] there will be NO LETDOWN this week. This was a good win, but we are focused on the Saints now.

The Eagles are a veteran-lead team that has been through this before. There will be no letdown. :thumbsup:

I'm a little concerned, but I don't feel it's a trap game. New Orleans is a pretty good team, especially when they're playing in that dome. We all saw firsthand what kind of home field advantage they're getting now the Dome's open again.

They do, however, match up well. Lito and Sheldon won't need much help in pass coverage, which means JJ will be able to bring the heat at Brees.

NO's defense will not be able to stop McNabb.

I can see this game being:

Eagles 31

Saints 20

Stays close for the 1st three quarters, then McNabb and the defense step it up.

It has all the markings of a let down (big emotional win over a division rival) but don't let the fans hype about what the game meant cloud your thinking about what the game meant to the players. To them, it wasn't on the same level. Yeah, it was big b/c it was a division rival, but they don't get swept up into that whole TO crap. They couldn't care less. And yeah, they said it was a playoff atmosphere, but that was b/c the frenzied state the fans were in.

Like TNG said, they are a veteran team that should be focused. The Saints are playing good ball, and Bush has been lining up at WR for almost half of their plays, so the Eagles can't take them lightly. It should be another tough game with a pretty close score, but the Eags should and can prevail.

No way! Their secondary is banged up, so McNabb will be HUGE again. I don't see Brees and the O being able to out shoot the Iggles.

Isn't by definition a trap game a game that is sandwiched by two very important games on the schedule? Last week was a very important game but next week they play the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers??? so no this is not a trap game

Eagles 31

Aints 17

Yes, I am worried about a Let Down Game. However, I kind of feel like the Saints are due for one themselves. They've played a bunch of close games and prevailed. Plus there's a ton of Eagles fans that headed down to N'Awlins for this game so the dome will be rocking but rocking for the Birds!

it has the markings of a trap game, but i dont see that happening because you got a guy like donte stallworth talking about how important this game is to them on offense, and darren howard doing the same thing on defense, i dont see the eagles not coming out ready. the way i look at it, as long as the eagles play solid on special teams and dont allow any stupid mistakes, they should win easy

As people have stated... trap games involve a crappy team, and the Saints are 4-1.

I think the Saints have a great chance to win. These two teams are fairly close from what I have seen thus far. It is difficult to gauge because the Eagles have beat sub-par, inferior teams with exception to the Cowboys... and Dreadsoe really gave that game away.

I am not saying it will happen, and if this game was in Philly.. I'd take the Eagles, but I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Eagles are the better team.

As a Giants fan, I'd love to see them lose, but I don't see it happening. I think Philly kind of feels like they have something to prove this year. They're a veteran team and won't overlook NO, especially after the start they're off to. I wouldn't rule it out, but I would say a Philly loss would be unlikely.

As Giants fan

:unsure:

Plus there's a ton of Eagles fans that headed down to N'Awlins for this game so the dome will be rocking but rocking for the Birds!

Ummmmmmmmm, no.

After the emotional win over TO and Dallas, the thought of them going on the road against a much improved Saints team has me a little worried.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Eagles are the better team and would win 9 out 9of 10 times, but the circumstances have me concerned.

Talk me out of this crazy way of thinking, Eagles fans.

Someone is watching alittle too much Cold Pizza today :mad:

P.S. it'll be a tough game but Eagles pull out a win :headbanger:

the eagles should be able to win this one especially with a healthier westbrook. the two things going for the saints in this one will be crowd noise and qb poise. brees is a lot more patient and careful with his passes than bledsoe, so i dont see any gimme interceptions for the eagles. philly will have to contain deuce and everything else should fall in place. as always donovan will make do with whoever is at wr even if stallworth is limited. look for lj to come up big in this one.

Someone is watching alittle too much Cold Pizza today :dunno:

Honest to God, I have never once seen Cold Pizza. It would have to come on at 6:00 in the morning, since I leave for work at 6:30.

Newbie, as a die hard fan for 40 years, I'm ALWAYS worried.

I have a lot of guys playing in this game, I'm hoping both teams score every possession.

If it's 0-3 at halftime, I'm probably to blame.

I'm not worried, but a loss wouldn't shock me.

The Eagles offense should perform as well as they have every week, but the defense will need to do a better job of keeping points off the board--especially in the 4th Qtr.

I don't think it's a trap game. The Saints are 4-1 and have weapons on offense - no team should be taking them lightly. And last week was just so overhyped and emotion, it's just so obviously a trap situation that I'm sure the Eagles made a point of putting the win behind them and moving on. Same as that very ugly loss to the Giants in week 2.

New Orleans can win this game but only if they disrupt the Eagles' passing attack and run all day long. I think Philly is going to run a more balanced attack this week to keep the Saints honest and in the long-run I think Nawlins won't be able to put up enough points to win, because I think Philly will score at least 24 and probably 30 or more.

Can the Saints score 30+ on Philly? :huh:

sort of but not really off topic - was just thinking of that Reggie safety in the playoffs in the Superdome, was that Hebert he sacked?

sort of but not really off topic - was just thinking of that Reggie safety in the playoffs in the Superdome, was that Hebert he sacked?

Either him or Jim "Chris" Everett.

Yup. Bobby Hebert. I'll never forget watching Reggie jumping up & down in the endzone making the safety symbol. :shocking:

Ok. This is what I was afraid of.

To be honest, after The Eagles spotted the Saints the ten points early, I thought they looked ok.

It was a lot to ask for the Birds to play a road game after the emotional win last week. If they'd have gotten blown out, I'd be concerned.

Good teams are supposed to win their home games, and the Saints did that.

Two things come to mind after watching this game. This was a trap game for Philly, and New Orleans is better than I gave them credit for.

Two things come to mind after watching this game. This was a trap game for Philly, and New Orleans is better than I gave them credit for.

This was NOT a trap game and the Saints just did the little things better and didn't make the crucial mistakes. They were just the better team yesterday.

The Eagles will bounce back and it'll be a dogfight in the NFC East. The way it should be!

This was NOT a trap game and the Saints just did the little things better and didn't make the crucial mistakes. They were just the better team yesterday.

The Eagles will bounce back and it'll be a dogfight in the NFC East. The way it should be!

I agree that the Saints didn't make crucial mistakes and were the better team yesterday.

That being said, it was a trap game for Philly.

Ok. This is what I was afraid of.

To be honest, after The Eagles spotted the Saints the ten points early, I thought they looked ok.

If they'd have gotten blown out, I'd be concerned.

This looks like it was cut-n-paste out from the dallas papers last week. substitute the 'saints' for the 'iggles' and it's almost an identical script.

personally, i do not think this was a trap game. the saints may be riding high still on the emotional wave of the recovery, but make no mistake - drew brees lends instant (real) credibility to this team. a trap game would have been a match up between the browns, lions or titans - this was a big time meeting between two playoff caliber teams. and bottom line, the igs got beat. yea they may have spotted some early points, but they've also been on the other side of that coin too (see week 5). but i did hear a interesting fact in the broadcast: reid is 5-6 following a dallas game.....

Emotion can only carry a team so far, sooner or later we are just going to have to realize that the Saints are a pretty good team. I think they will have a great chance of beating Baltimore coming off a bye. Could be sitting a 6-1 going into Tampa Bay in week 9. I think it's going to be a trip to the playoff's for the Saints this year. With what they have been through it would be great for the city and the team.

I didn't think the Saints would win this game. Got to give it to them, they've been playing good football all year. Let's start giving them the credit they deserver and stop calling it a trap game.

I didn't think the Saints would win this game. Got to give it to them, they've been playing good football all year. Let's start giving them the credit they deserver and stop calling it a trap game.

I agree that they are a good team. I think that could possibly get into the playoffs, but I'm going to need to see them win a road game against a good team before I'll call them a contender for the NFC title.

As of right now, I'd put the NFC pecking order like this:

1. Chicago

2. Philadelphia

3. Carolina

4. Seattle

5. Rams

6. Cowboys

7. Saints

it has the markings of a trap game, but i dont see that happening because you got a guy like donte stallworth talking about how important this game is to them on offense, and darren howard doing the same thing on defense, i dont see the eagles not coming out ready. the way i look at it, as long as the eagles play solid on special teams and dont allow any stupid mistakes, they should win easy

well at least i was right

well at least i was right

Wasn't a trap game the Eagles are not a very good team and the Saints are and were the better team.

I agree that they are a good team. I think that could possibly get into the playoffs, but I'm going to need to see them win a road game against a good team before I'll call them a contender for the NFC title.

1. Chicago

2. Philadelphia

3. Carolina

4. Seattle

5. Rams

6. Cowboys

7. Saints

Philly number 2 no way. Carolina, Seattle, Cowboys, Saints, Chicago, NY Giants are all better than Eagles IMO

2. Philadelphia

the igs have beat houston, san fran, green bay and dallas. their first opportunity to travel and play a "good team" they get beat. houston, san fran and green bay are a combined 3-13 - on what basis do you rank philly so high and not the saints?

now, before you wig out, i think the igs are really good. but the saints did beat them - and using your logic, not even the igs have traveled and beaten a really good team yet.