Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

I just bought 20 acres of land

This purchase is nothing short of ingenious.

You know how NFL coaches will blast music in practice to simulate crowd noise?

Well, Redtodd go to his field and practice his jokes to the sound of crickets.

:banana:

must be nice be a rich famous comedian :lol:

how did you swing it?

:dunno:

:doh:

Sooo...........where is this plot of land?; whats on it?; and what is it to be used for?

Must be that land he was talking about that his wife's family owns. I think he will build a house.

amiclose,todd?

Sooo...........where is this plot of land?; whats on it?; and what is it to be used for?

Curious myself. I could buy 20 acres of swamp in Louisianna for a decent price.

You don't need to say 20 acres OF LAND.

Were we going to think you bought 20 acres of lolipops? yoo-hoo? bling-bling?

Must be that land he was talking about that his wife's family owns. I think he will build a house.

amiclose,todd?

Yep. It is at the back of the farm my wife's Dad owns. The onlt negative is that if we ever want to build a house, a 1/2 mile driveway would be neded and electricity would need to getout there so there would be a big intitial cost. The plot of land is phenominal, it over looks a buautiful valley and you can see the Mississippi down towards the opening of the valley.

There is no sound out there. It is quiet as hell...........like my crowds but a lot less cigarette smoke.

This purchase is nothing short of ingenious.

You know how NFL coaches will blast music in practice to simulate crowd noise?

Well, Redtodd go to his field and practice his jokes to the sound of crickets.

:thumbsdown:

:clap:

Good stuff!

Or he could build an Elks Club on it and always have a gig. :D

Yep. It is at the back of the farm my wife's Dad owns. The onlt negative is that if we ever want to build a house, a 1/2 mile driveway would be neded and electricity would need to getout there so there would be a big intitial cost. The plot of land is phenominal, it over looks a buautiful valley and you can see the Mississippi down towards the opening of the valley.

There is no sound out there. It is quiet as hell...........like my crowds but a lot less cigarette smoke.

I hope you have a plan for managing what sounds like pretty desirable property. You have a lot. You really have a chance to make good use of it. (I would consider building a country inn on 10 acres, building a home on 3 acres and leaving 7 in trust for my children). Or you could sell to sub-developers and make $$$$$. (I'm sure your FIL would never talk to you again though.)

Is the land cleared or is it covered in folliage and brush? Is it developable? What are the zoning regs?

It could be 20 acres of Saran Wrap.

You can get that in one roll at Costco.

I hope you have a plan for managing what sounds like pretty desirable property. You have a lot. You really have a chance to make good use of it. (I would consider building a country inn on 10 acres, building a home on 3 acres and leaving 7 in trust for my children). Or you could sell to sub-developers and make $$$$$. (I'm sure your FIL would never talk to you again though.)

Is the land cleared or is it covered in folliage and brush? Is it developable? What are the zoning regs?

It is currently farm land which I am able to rent out. I agreed to pay my FIL 10% of the total price each year for ten years interest free. The rent for the land will pretty much pay for our payment.

There is a gentlemen's agreement that we won't develop the land (besides building a house) or creating a vineyard. But who knows what can happen in 30 years.

It could be 20 acres of Saran Wrap.

You can get that in one roll at Costco.

:dunno:

:angry: grammah humor...PSAS TI NO :rolleyes:

If that's the case, you may want to strongly consider purchasing a windmill (or 2) to power your home. Just a thought.

If that's the case, you may want to strongly consider purchasing a windmill (or 2) to power your home. Just a thought.

Yeah, we will consider that.

Youy reckon that'd be enough to paint a middle finger on the ground big enough that the International Space Station could see it?

I've been looking for a place to go hunting.

you even attempt it and a Hmong dude will rise out of the brush and shoot your ass down.... :dunno: :rolleyes:

is this land in wisconsin? did i miss that obvious fact? sounds like a good deal!! :thumbsup:

you even attempt it and a Hmong dude will rise out of the brush and shoot your ass down.... :dunno: :rolleyes:

is this land in wisconsin? did i miss that obvious fact? sounds like a good deal!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, it is in WI but right near the MN border. It is about 45 minutes from Saint Paul.

I just bought less than a 1/4 acre.

for $600,000 :banana:

ugh!