Sign in to follow this  
tony hardware

Are Kerry's remarks offensive to troops or just an observation?

It was meant to be a jab at Bush but it came out very badly.

For Kerry to have meant what the righties are squealing would mean that Kerry also considers himself an idiot.

Still, it's an election year, so I expect many, many more stories and gaffes just like this one.

It's no different than the perpetual "Al Gore invented the Internet" nonsense.

Kerry is an idiot so why wouldn't I think he meant what he said?

To think that this Frankenstein was almost the President.

JOhn Kerry walks into a bar. The bartender says "Why the long face?"

:dunno:

To think that this Frankenstein was almost the President.

Worse yet is to realize that he'd be doing a better job than the clown we have now. :(

:(

That's it!!! Game over. This scum bag Kerry just sank the democrats hopes of winning the midterms. What an idiot. :dunno:

If you go to school and study, you can get your point across without ruining the chances of your party winning an election!!!

Kerry is an idiot. :clap:

He insulted our servicemen and a whole slew of Republicans who went out of their way to use their rich, connected dads to avoid service.

:thumbsdown:

Dumb thing for Kerry to say. Pretty typical.

Of course 99% of the outrage over it is manufactured and phony, cosidering it's largely being expressed by the same people who denigrated Kerry's own service.

LMFAO at the idiots trying to defend this comment. Oooh, we don't know the context.............what did he say right before this......what did he say right after this.........was he joking????????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He had his chance to apoligize for a "mistatement", a joke gone bad, whatever. But he chose to blame the evil Republicans for his fock up.

Definitely Democrat Presidential material...............Clinton "loathed" the military, now Kerry thinks they are all idiots.

Too focking funny.

He and his comments are irrelevant and will only be used as a smoke screen to hide what is really going on in this country and Iraq. You only hear what you want to hear from Republicans without seeing what they've actually done to our troops.

Wrong. Kerry just let it slip how the libs really feel about the military. Now the cat is out of the bag and the libs could be focked because of it. The focking idiot didn't even try to change his statement when given the chance. So we KNOW that is how he, and his liberal buddies feel about the military.

Plus, all you focktards saying it is true, have know idea, and show that you really drink the koolaid. Kerry's statement is NOT true. Get informed.

The GOP's secret weapon = the Demoncrats

The CNN poll says 61 of Americans are loud and clear..."DON'T APOLOGIZE" Senator Kerry...they've caught on to the right wing noise machine's dog and pony show...they know a strawman when they see it.

The CNN poll says 61 of Americans are loud and clear..."DON'T APOLOGIZE" Senator Kerry...they've caught on to the right wing noise machine's dog and pony show...they know a strawman when they see it.

CNN poll. That holds a lot of weight

Not to mention no link.

Nobody has a poll 6 hours after the fact. :rolleyes:

CNN.com...are you that dense, lemming?

I agree. It is probably a true statement but it is still pretty offensive to the troops.

I'll just stop here... saying that the education of young people is > than young people in the military is not accurate.

it might have been true 30+ years ago during the draft, but it's not now.

So I guess when you are dense you are dense. Kerry bashes bush, you guys spin it to he bashes troops, and many pile on. This truly is pathetic. Even if and Kerry had said, "troops are dumb", which he didn't. He’s one guy not a party, and to top that off it wouldn't be half as bad as sending explicit commentary to underage Paige’s in an attempt to have sex or sexual release, nor would it be as bad as covering up that very same act for any length of time. But hey, when it’s Foley, it’s a renegade republican, when it’s Kerry he speaks for them all.

Pathetic.

So I guess when you are dense you are dense. Kerry bashes bush, you guys spin it to he bashes troupes, and many pile on. This truly is pathetic. Even if and Kerry had said, "troupes are dumb", which he didn't. He’s one guy not a party, and to top that off it wouldn't be half as bad as sending explicit commentary to underage Paige’s in an attempt to have sex or sexual release, nor would it be as bad as covering up that very same act for any length of time. But hey, when it’s Foley, it’s a renegade republican, when it’s Kerry he speaks for them all.

Pathetic.

:cheers:

That is the dumbest thing I've read here in a while. Congrats. :banana:

:lol:

So I guess when you are dense you are dense. Kerry bashes bush, you guys spin it to he bashes troupes, and many pile on. This truly is pathetic. Even if and Kerry had said, "troupes are dumb", which he didn't. He’s one guy not a party, and to top that off it wouldn't be half as bad as sending explicit commentary to underage Paige’s in an attempt to have sex or sexual release, nor would it be as bad as covering up that very same act for any length of time. But hey, when it’s Foley, it’s a renegade republican, when it’s Kerry he speaks for them all.

Pathetic.

No spin. Kerry's comments speak for themselves. The only spin is coming from idiots like you.

Foley wasn't the Republican's nominee for President, Kerry was the Dem nominee. Foley was run out of congress, Kerry was...........make that IS a Dem frontrunner for '08.

:cheers:

That is the dumbest thing I've read here in a while. Congrats. :banana:

:lol:

Was that a commentary on the words, their order, or their meaning?

No spin. Kerry's comments speak for themselves. The only spin is coming from idiots like you.

Foley wasn't the Republican's nominee for President, Kerry was the Dem nominee. Foley was run out of congress, Kerry was...........make that IS a Dem frontrunner for '08.

So if I spend the five minutes before a comment bashing a guy and the five minutes after a comment bashing a guy, the odds are good that the one comment in the middle of that are targeted at a completely unmentioned third party?

So if I spend the five minutes before a comment bashing a guy and the five minutes after a comment bashing a guy, the odds are good that the one comment in the middle of that are targeted at a completely unmentioned third party?

Hey Nancy, post the whole focking statement. Then we can all decide for ourselves.

I bet you won't because you know Kerry is an idiot.

Was that a commentary on the words, their order, or their meaning?

Hmm... I'll go with meaning. He didn't bash Bush, he bashed the troops (btw wtf is a troupe, that's like a circus group?). When given the chance to recant he didn't. It was taken totally in context. When I first heard the statement, I honestly thought "oh man, just shut up now." But he didn't, he blamed the GOP for it. He is a tool that couldn't be more out of touch with the common citizen, and this is coming from a conservative poster.

I would further advise that any liberals just accept the mea culpa that comes with such an idiotic act, perhaps throw him under the bus, and move on. Any attempt to defend him will just sink you further.

HTH.

No. Your comments are simply silly and stupid.HTH

So what you are saying is the Kerry explanation of his meaning has not one shred of credibility, but the bush interpretation is gold?

from msnbc:

It came during a campaign rally for California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides. Kerry opened his speech at Pasadena City College with several one-liners, saying at one point that Bush had lived in Texas but now "lives in a state of denial."

He then said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

That, Kerry said, was meant as a reference to Bush, not troops.

What do the Christian right wing nut jobs who have taken over my party hope to gain with this inappropriate and ridiculous spin?

No way around it.

Kerry may have focked the dems big time.

:wall:

:dunno:

If anything...it will turn America even more against the cons. They see the right wing attack machine for the opportunists they are...clear as day.

If anything...it will turn America even more against the cons. They see the right wing attack machine for the opportunists they are...clear as day.

Huh? Look, I'm a repub and Bush is my guy. He has made many audible gaffes during his tenure. Despite our beliefs and party affiliations we must be able to admit when "one of ours" has done/said something wrong. If we don't, we won't be holding our elected officials to much of a standard and giving them the freedom to run amok. Kerry's statement has not been spun by the right wing. His remarks are horribly out of line.

P.S. The "right wing attack machine" must be doing it's job quite well. That's why Bush beat Kerry in the first place. Or just maybe, the voters saw Kerry for what he is... a former enlisted miltary man who turns his back on his own kind.

So I guess when you are dense you are dense. Kerry bashes bush, you guys spin it to he bashes troops, and many pile on. This truly is pathetic. Even if and Kerry had said, "troops are dumb", which he didn't. He’s one guy not a party, and to top that off it wouldn't be half as bad as sending explicit commentary to underage Paige’s in an attempt to have sex or sexual release, nor would it be as bad as covering up that very same act for any length of time. But hey, when it’s Foley, it’s a renegade republican, when it’s Kerry he speaks for them all.

Pathetic.

Foley's a f'ed up phaggut nobody. Kerry ran for President. They chose him to speak for them all. :doublethumbsup:

Get a clue bro.

Career suicide. The dumbest focking comment by a politician ever, joke or not. Its incredibly laughable, incompetence of the highest possible order. Very Rude Rickian.

I AM in the military and most things these dickbag politicians say offends me.

1. Would they send THEIR kids to Iraq? Doubt we will see the Bush twins over in Iraq anytime soon.

2. Are they going to suit up and go over there and walk around next to tanks and Humvees with shitty armor and crappy equipment?

3. The stupid decisions that politicians make never effect them or their families, just the little guy doing the grunt work.

Im as conservative as they come... and I dont think Kerry meant anything against the troops with this comment. I dont think he is quite that stupid, it was just him mispeaking. (Ironic how no one calls him dumb for not knowing how to speak). However, I think its funny that instead of just apologizing and saying he mispoke... he tries to spin it into "the Republicans are using this for political advantage". You know what? That may be true... but cmon, its no different than what libs do to every little story. Its the nature of politics these days unfortunately. Im sick of him being such a hypocritical elitist A-hole. Just apologize. Shut your mouth after that. There wouldnt be anything to really talk about if he would have just admitted his mistake and apologized. (Sound familiar Clinton?)

I'll just stop here... saying that the education of young people is > than young people in the military is not accurate.

it might have been true 30+ years ago during the draft, but it's not now.

I haven't heard what he said. I only know what was stated in this thread. To me it sounded like he was saying if you get a good education you will end up an officer and not end up in Iraq. Which is kind of true.

What do the Christian right wing nut jobs who have taken over my party hope to gain with this inappropriate and ridiculous spin?

So John McCain is a Christian right win nut job now too?

Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record) said Wednesday he wasn't sure "how you could construe" Kerry's comment as a joke. Calling Kerry "my friend," the Arizona Republican said, "I've found that if it is just a botched joke then apologize and move on."

"As it stands, he owes an apology to the men and women who are serving in Iraq out of patriotism and love of country, not because of any academic deficiencies," McCain said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Im as conservative as they come... and I dont think Kerry meant anything against the troops with this comment. I dont think he is quite that stupid, it was just him mispeaking. (Ironic how no one calls him dumb for not knowing how to speak). However, I think its funny that instead of just apologizing and saying he mispoke... he tries to spin it into "the Republicans are using this for political advantage". You know what? That may be true... but cmon, its no different than what libs do to every little story. Its the nature of politics these days unfortunately. Im sick of him being such a hypocritical elitist A-hole. Just apologize. Shut your mouth after that. There wouldnt be anything to really talk about if he would have just admitted his mistake and apologized. (Sound familiar Clinton?)

Agreed.

And he is now using his own non-apology for an attempted political advantage.

The comments were not all that terrible...probably meant as a joke. IMO, the comments are not the worst part of this...the worst part is how he is sticking with it and not offering any apology. He is playing right into what the right wants to do to attack this.

So John McCain is a Christian right win nut job now too?

Yes, and he has been every since he started running McCain '08 events. He's become a bush apologist. I find it ridiculous that people think Kerry needs to apologize because they didn't understand what he meant. In my day-to-day life if someone accuses me of saying or inferring something that I didn't and I correct him or her, I may apologize for the confusion, but not the comment. If Kerry came out and said, "no, that’s not what I meant, I apologize for the confusion but I was talking in reference to Mr. Bush." would you all move on, NO. You’d say he was spinning this and he still owes the troops an apology. You guys want him to apologize to the troops for calling them flunkies or dummies or what have you. He obviously can't do that because he didn't call them those names.

Yes, and he has been every since he started running McCain '08 events. He's become a bush apologist. I find it ridiculous that people think Kerry needs to apologize because they didn't understand what he meant. In my day-to-day life if someone accuses me of saying or inferring something that I didn't and I correct him or her, I may apologize for the confusion, but not the comment. If Kerry came out and said, "no, that’s not what I meant, I apologize for the confusion but I was talking in reference to Mr. Bush." would you all move on, NO. You’d say he was spinning this and he still owes the troops an apology. You guys want him to apologize to the troops for calling them flunkies or dummies or what have you. He obviously can't do that because he didn't call them those names.

In your day to day life you do not represent thousands of American citizens or a large part of the democratic party either.

That you think McCain is a "Christian right win nut job" pretty much tells it all.

It's funny because it's true

Um, no it's not.

In summary, we found that, on average, 1999 recruits were more highly educated than the equiv­alent general population, more rural and less urban in origin, and of similar income status. We did not find evidence of minority racial exploitation (by race or by race-weighted ZIP code areas). We did find evidence of a "Southern military tradition" in that some states, notably in the South and West, provide a much higher proportion of enlisted troops by population.

The household income of recruits generally matches the income distribution of the American population. There are slightly higher proportions of recruits from the middle class and slightly lower proportions from low-income brackets. However, the proportion of high-income recruits rose to a disproportionately high level after the war on ter­rorism began, as did the proportion of highly edu­cated enlistees.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalS...ty/cda05-08.cfm

Um, no it's not.

In summary, we found that, on average, 1999 recruits were more highly educated than the equiv­alent general population, more rural and less urban in origin, and of similar income status. We did not find evidence of minority racial exploitation (by race or by race-weighted ZIP code areas). We did find evidence of a "Southern military tradition" in that some states, notably in the South and West, provide a much higher proportion of enlisted troops by population.

The household income of recruits generally matches the income distribution of the American population. There are slightly higher proportions of recruits from the middle class and slightly lower proportions from low-income brackets. However, the proportion of high-income recruits rose to a disproportionately high level after the war on ter­rorism began, as did the proportion of highly edu­cated enlistees.

Maybe if you post this in more threads, it will come true for you

Guest Davaco

its a botched joke. its not like he botched a war

Um, no it's not.

Yeah but what are their positions in the military? Are you more likely to be a ground troop in Baghdad if you do not have a college degree? If you do have a college degree are you more likely to be an officer out of harms way?