Sign in to follow this  
skydog77

Besides Joe Theismann...

The focking pre/post game commercials that, no matter what network, has the annoying "crew" i.e. Esiason, Marino, Gumbel, etc. throwing the pigskin back and forth and acting all "wacky." I've even seen this fruity B.S. on smaller cable channels like CSTV and VS with a bunch of no-name copycats. Please kill this annoying trend before I projectile vomit the next time I see this crap. Discuss.... :banana:

I thought you were going to say the fact that the anemic, pathetic, loser Giants are going to be on every primetime telecast until the end of the season.

Watch on delay. Fast forward B)

Touche! Also, nothing like watching a great football game with Sabbath in the background to drown out the yammering going on by blowhards such as Theismann and the great Kornholio! (Although, how many great MNF games have there been this year?) Oooeee, next week it's the Seaturds and FudgePackers. Great, focking great....Hold on, at least Madden is off MNF so we don't have to hear the slurping sound of pole smoking every time Brett Favre is mentioned by him. :argue:

1a. Listening to Irvin defend his homers from cell block H

1b. Anyone whose last name starts with 'Sharpe'

Soo true....Marino, and the whole CBS crew is a waste of life....JB focked up leaving Fox

I can't stand John Madden. His voice and stuff is not annoying but he only talks about the things that are either obvious or something that you already know. "He is so fast so the DB can't catch up with him once he catches the ball" Listen to him next time.

Try listening to Lou Holtz on Saturday....Guy sounds like he's talking with marbles in his mouth.

Yeah, it's bad. If I actually want to hear what he's saying, I have to turn the volume up. Plus, he tends to forget who he's talking about half way through a discussion. Pretty sad.

At least you can understand what Sterling is saying. Marble-mouthed Shannon should not be on TV. And Irvin should have been fired years ago.

I think Terry Bradshaw's act is getting very old. Same with Chris Berman. I used to kind of enjoy watching and listening to them, but I'm having a hard time these days. There's a fine line between injecting fun and being a buffoon, and I think those two may have crossed it.

Mike Tirico deserves better partners on MNF.

Thiesman is bad but Kornholiser is so much worse. This guy is just unbearable with his arguing picky little points and trying to catch guys being wrong on the things they just said. Cant stand this grating little squirrel - he MUST be fired!! :banana: :pointstosky: :rolleyes:

If we r going to talk about bad, we have to discuss the guy who covers college football on ESPN2. He looks like hes about 50 but sounds like hes 215. I cant remember his name but by the time he says a play the drive is over. He is the worst announcer alive, surpassing John Madden.

Honestly, i really really miss the sun nite crew. They were the best and should be brought back to host Mon nite football. :banana:

Comeon folks, u know u want them back. :thumbsup:

Honestly, i really really miss the sun nite crew. They were the best and should be brought back to host Mon nite football. :banana:

Comeon folks, u know u want them back. :thumbsup:

Yea, nothing like the old days.. The best was Halloween night when Mike Patrick (I think that was his name) told us all to have a great Thanksgiving..

:banana:

Man, everytime Shannon Sharpe is on I immediately start laughing my a$$ off.

Blurbaububuallaa Touchdown!! blahurblabubublub blublubl blblbuaauallalabuab.

Yea, nothing like the old days.. The best was Halloween night when Mike Patrick (I think that was his name) told us all to have a great Thanksgiving..

:(

:( u see, u miss the sun nite crew. I say they bring them back, just so we can get some laughs. I dont think the current mon nite crew gets liquored up. But the sun nite crew def did :dunno:

At least you can understand what Sterling is saying. Marble-mouthed Shannon should not be on TV. And Irvin should have been fired years ago.

I think Terry Bradshaw's act is getting very old. Same with Chris Berman. I used to kind of enjoy watching and listening to them, but I'm having a hard time these days. There's a fine line between injecting fun and being a buffoon, and I think those two may have crossed it.

Mike Tirico deserves better partners on MNF.

No doubt about it. I love Mike Tirico, and the best commentary I've heard in a long time goes back to last year's Michigan bowl game with Tirico and Herbstreit.

I would love to see Tiki Barber take over for Theisman on MNF, then see ESPN find a replacement for the other clown.

If we r going to talk about bad, we have to discuss the guy who covers college football on ESPN2. He looks like hes about 50 but sounds like hes 215. I cant remember his name but by the time he says a play the drive is over. He is the worst announcer alive, surpassing John Madden.

I think you're talking about Bill Curry...and if we're talking about the same guy, I have to agree. I'm on board with most of you here. James Brown and Co. has to be shaking his head every time Shannon Sharpe attempts to talk, Lou Holtz is just about as bad as they come, and listening to Pam Ward doing a game reminds me how fun it is/was to watch grass grow.

Thiesman is bad but Kornholiser is so much worse. This guy is just unbearable with his arguing picky little points and trying to catch guys being wrong on the things they just said. Cant stand this grating little squirrel - he MUST be fired!! :dunno: :mad: :mad:

I almost agree. Kornholiser drives me nuts but Theismann is still the king of all things stupid and irrevelant. To top it all off Theismann tries to be funny and the guy has the charisma of a 2x4.

Actually I just want to vote fo all sports commentators (besides Chick Hearn RIP) period. 99.9% of the time I watch any sporting event I just put the tele on mute and turn some music on.

I almost agree. Kornholiser drives me nuts but Theismann is still the king of all things stupid and irrevelant. To top it all off Theismann tries to be funny and the guy has the charisma of a 2x4.

Actually I just want to vote fo all sports commentators (besides Chick Hearn RIP) period. 99.9% of the time I watch any sporting event I just put the tele on mute and turn some music on.

Even though things here in Philly have sucked (pro sports) for awhile now, we're fortunate enough to have Merrill Reese for the Eagles and Hall of Famer Harry Kalas for the Phils.

I still recall Merrill's call of the Miracle at the Meadowlands like it was yesterday. God we could use a miracle right now. :dunno:

Bill Curry is the worst announcer in the history of pro sports. Listen to a game on ESPN this weekend and hear him try to announce a game. It's like listening to your 90 year old grandfather who hasnt been able to think for about 40 years try to ramble on about something he has no idea about. Except you can choose not to listen to this guy.

Count me in with the Bill Curry voters.

I also cannot stand Brent Musberger. Somebody put me out of my misery when that blowbag is calling the game. (I really miss Keith Jackson).

Lou Holtz is just sort of pathetic. I don't know whether to dislike him because he's so slow and unorganized, or just feel sorry for him.

I think CBS probably made it worth James Brown's while. He probably knew what he was getting into but played the game to get more $$$.

Let's try and take this thread in another direction.

Who would you like to see on MNF?

I'll throw this out there:

Tirico doing play by play

Tiki Barber and Boomer Esiason as color sidekicks (no pun intended)

I like Boomer because he knows the game and he's not afraid to say something controversial. He's pretty honest in his assessments.

Ex-ball players may not be the most eloquent of speakers, however their insight into the games is invaluable (with the exception of Theisman, who's way past his prime).

Thoughts?

Let's try and take this thread in another direction.

Who would you like to see on MNF?

I'll throw this out there:

Tirico doing play by play

Tiki Barber and Boomer Esiason as color sidekicks (no pun intended)

I like Boomer because he knows the game and he's not afraid to say something controversial. He's pretty honest in his assessments.

Ex-ball players may not be the most eloquent of speakers, however their insight into the games is invaluable (with the exception of Theisman, who's way past his prime).

Thoughts?

I've mentioned this in a similar thread before.....I'd want Chris Spielman. Put Tirico and Spielman together. Spielman does a fantastic job doing color for college games imo. If you haven't heard him you're missing out.

I've mentioned this in a similar thread before.....I'd want Chris Spielman. Put Tirico and Spielman together. Spielman does a fantastic job doing color for college games imo. If you haven't heard him you're missing out.

I'd like to see Michael Irvin and Chris Collinsworth singing "Ebony and Ivory"

Bill Curry is the worst announcer in the history of pro sports. Listen to a game on ESPN this weekend and hear him try to announce a game. It's like listening to your 90 year old grandfather who hasnt been able to think for about 40 years try to ramble on about something he has no idea about. Except you can choose not to listen to this guy.

Bill Curry?? Actually, his name is Mike Gottfried and he does sound like he is 120 years old. Not sure what happened to him cuz i havent heard him do a game in like 3 weeks. They must have fired him....or he died. 1 of the 2. :dunno:

im not necessarily one of the ones who thinks that irvin shouldn't be on the espn crew, but he needs to remember that their are other teams besides the cowboys. seems like every time a generic question about the league or players is brought up, irvin wastes no time talking about dallas. he needs to see that steve young talks about other teams and players besides the niners, and tom jackson talks about things other than broncos. i guess it just seems that irvin is the designated cowboy relay machine.

Man, everytime Shannon Sharpe is on I immediately start laughing my a$$ off.

Blurbaububuallaa Touchdown!! blahurblabubublub blublubl blblbuaauallalabuab.

That's hilarious! I can't understand him either..... :dunno:

Even better. Image in the insight from having two very good players, one that played offense, the other who played defense?

I like that.

I do have an old college buddy who works at ESPN. We'll put together the proposal, and give it to him. He can take the credit, and we can split the check. :cry:

the main thing that bothers me most about the sports analysis shows is that they have mostly turned into pissing contests between guys that can no longer play or coach the game. It's one thing to state an opinion but quite another to ride a fellow analyst to the point of almost starting a fight. Its like watching an old jerry springer show. Not all the guys do it but sharp and irvin come to mind

I like Jaws, but his QB bias is irritating. But he's not as bad as Irvin, with his bias for WR's, Cowboys, and any player who attended U of Miami.

Also I agree, the Sharpes suck. Much better football players than TV analysts.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Sean Salisbury would be a good color guy in the MNF booth. Does any one know if he has ever worked in the booth before? Both his pre-game analysis and post-game breakdown is one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal universe of egomaniacs, gushers, oglers and blowhards. Oh yeah, and if you have ever seen one of his "breakdowns" on Cheap Seats then you can see a. the guy does not take him self too seriously and b. has a sense of humor.... :clap:

I can't stand listening to Jason Sehorn on that Fantasy Football show...he sounds totally phony and almost sounds like the lines are being fed to him in his focking earpiece......God that guy sucks...