Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Boston University group offers white scholarship

the link :shocking: :mad:

"Did we do this to give a scholarship to white kids? Of course not," the scholarship reads. "Did we do it to trigger a discussion on what we believe to be the morally wrong practice of basing decisions in our schools and our jobs on racial preferences rather than merit? Absolutely."
:cheers:

Let's not get crazy now and start judging people based soley on their merrit. If we did that, my company wouldn't get double points for the crossdresser in the wheelchair who freaks me out everytime I see it in the men's room.

:cheers:

EDITORIAL: Caucasian persuasions

Posted: 11/21/06

What exactly are the Boston University College Republicans trying to prove by sponsoring a Caucasian Achievement and Recognition Scholarship?

One thing is for certain, the $250 scholarship was not meant to help anyone financially.

As the organization writes on its application, "Did we do this to give a scholarship to white kids? Of course not."

Instead, BUCR -- a conservative campus group whose motto is "Be Conservative, Be Proud, Be You" -- are trying to make a statement about affirmative action and race-based scholarships in this country, saying both practices isolate minorities and make them feel "inferior."

The organization argues that giving money to disadvantaged students based on ethnicity clashes with "American ideals of freedom and equality." Nobody, the organization seems to argue, should get a leg up on scholarship money.

But BUCR's stance on affirmative action and race-based scholarships ignores the very real academic achievement gap between whites and minorities. From 1993 to 2003, minority undergraduate and graduate enrollment still lagged behind white enrollment, despite gains by minorities, according to an October 2006 report by the American Council on Education. Minority enrollments increased by 50.7 percent to 4.7 million from 1993 to 2003, and the number of white students increased 3.4 percent, to 10.5 million, according to the report.

There would be nothing wrong with a scholarship sincerely aimed at helping disadvantaged whites (it would not be viewed as "racist," as a BUCR official has argued). But BUCR's claim that race-based scholarships send the message that minorities are "inferior and incapable of meeting us at our level," is absolutely obscene.

Such scholarships are celebrations of ethnic pride, not handouts from rich, white benefactors, as BUCR's literature implies. Instead, minority organizations and community leaders often fund these scholarships, hoping to help a new generation of students succeed.

The United Negro College Fund, for example, has given more than $2 billion to help more than 350,000 students attend college. The organization -- funded in part by black benefactors such as Bill Cosby, Sammy Davis Jr. and Oprah Winfey -- says it offers scholarships because it believes "a mind is a terrible thing to waste," not to make students feel "inferior."

Even the College Republican's own essay question -- "describe in your own words what it means to you to be a Caucasian-American today" -- acknowledges that heritage should be a point of pride, not shame.

Also to imply that white students do not receive any sort of "racial preference" is ludicrous. While they may not be awarded "Caucasian scholarships," thousands of white students enjoy the benefit of "legacy" status every year.

And race-based scholarships are not just designated to black and Hispanic students. Many heritage groups dish out money to needy students, including those that would fall under the Caucasian label. The National Italian American Foundation, for instance, offers money to Italian American student who do well in high school.

And according to BUCR's logic, recipients of need-based, as well as race-based, financial aid should be ashamed for being "incapable of meeting us at our level."

Perhaps need-based scholarships should be cut because poor students will feel inferior to rich ones.

BUCR has polluted a logical, reasoned argument on the merits of financial aid with an illogical, offensive stunt aimed at race-based scholarships. Comparing private heritage scholarships to affirmative action is like comparing apples to oranges.

And with many of these race-based scholarships, ethnicity is still just a qualifier. The money is eventually awarded to students who most need it or demonstrate the highest level of achievement.

We can only hope the College Republicans, a group that hopes "to raise the quality and diversity of political discourse on campus" will find little support from fellow Republican students for a scholarship that promotes conservative stereotypes and twists the truth about race-based money.

http://www.dailyfreepress.com/home/index.c...34-c78f154983aa

La Fuerza Co-Chair Sara-Marie Pons, who is also on the Admissions Student Diversity Board, said although she agrees with BUCR's claim that racial preference is "contradictory to our American ideals of freedom and equality," she feels American history justifies today's affirmative action." Our country oppressed people of color for centuries while everyone else who was 'preferred' continued to succeed and lead our country in all aspects," the School of Management senior said in an email. "The goal of a university in striving to admit more students of color is a positive movement to increase the diversity of its institution."

:blink:

Maybe you should get over it and try to succeed on merit and not what happened to your great grandparents. I applaud this, it will be interesting to see where it goes.

From 1993 to 2003, minority undergraduate and graduate enrollment still lagged behind white enrollment, despite gains by minorities, according to an October 2006 report by the American Council on Education. Minority enrollments increased by 50.7 percent to 4.7 million from 1993 to 2003, and the number of white students increased 3.4 percent, to 10.5 million, according to the report.

That's because a greater % of minorities come from sh!tty innercity backgrounds. So shouldn't a white, innercity kid be more eligable for help than a black kid from a suburbian community?

Even the College Republican's own essay question -- "describe in your own words what it means to you to be a Caucasian-American today" -- acknowledges that heritage should be a point of pride, not shame.

Of course, if you describe yourself as a proud white person, you're labeled as a racist and a white supremecist.

Also to imply that white students do not receive any sort of "racial preference" is ludicrous. While they may not be awarded "Caucasian scholarships," thousands of white students enjoy the benefit of "legacy" status every year.

Again, that's the innercity thing. In the next 30 years or so, more and more minorities will get access to legacy status. And people of all races are denied legacy status because their parents didn't have the ability to get into a good college.

A couple of years ago, the Supreme Court had the opportunity to sh*tcan the University of Michigan's affirmative action program, but sadly demured.

Fortunatly, this galvinized the people of the state and Michigan voters overwhelingly sh*tcanned affirmative action ourselves. It's disappointing (and predictable) that now Mary Sue Coleman (UM's President) is shopping around for an activist judge to allow her to do what exacly what the people of Michigan told her explicitly we don't want her to do with admissions- keep them race neutral.

Affirmative Action is so obsolete.

The good news is if it can be banned in lefty California -which it already has- I really think it can be crushed in ballot initiatives across the country. It's a ballot box loser. In Michigan, it wasn't even close. :cry: :banana:

best idea EVAH and we white folk should donate money.

it's about focking time us whites, soon to be minorities in the USA get our OWN scholarship :doublethumbsup:

Finaly another topic for me to chime in and have everyone tell me how dumb i am.

The main thing i disagree is how they keep saying "they need to meet us at our level." Who is "our?" Is it white people or successful people in general? If they are referring to white people, then i would have to wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe i'm reading it wrong but it sounds like saying we are above them. If you guys take it a different way, then let me know. But reading it like that, it sounds really rascist and almost supremist(is that even a word).

I hear the argument all the time for white things. In high school you have the mexican, indian, asian, and all those other ethnic clubs and white people say, why can't we have a white club. Again, this is just my point of view so if you disagree i would be happy to hear why. But to me its more of a cultural club. I'm punjabi(its a state in india but fock india) and in high school i participated in the punjabi club. Now, the difference between having that and a white club is we celebrated our culture. Having a white club is celebrating race. Serious question, what is a white persons culture? I'm thinking it would be considered american culture right? So if you wanted to have an American Culture club that would be great, but then brown people like me would also be able to join because i was born and raised in america, which i think would qualify me as American. So then, how do you have a club for only white people? No offense, but white people in america have no distinct culture. No one would be opposed to a sweedish club, german club, british club, french club(we actualy had that one), scottish club, well you get the picture. To me, thats celebrating culture and heritage, but since most white people in America can't say i'm this or that because white people are a mix of a lot of different Euro countries. I don't think you can distinguish between white american culture and american culture. Celebrating your whiteness could be accused(even if it isn't) as having a white supremacy club. Groups like skinheads, kkk, nazi's, have ruined the image of someone being proud of being white. Being a proud american and to some extent, proud of being white is good. But sometimes beign proud spills over into the mindset that a certain skin color makes you better than a different skin color.

I've been accused of beign long-winded so i really tried to cut the fat on this post and it still came out long so let me apologize.

I would like to hear a white persons reasoning behind why it would not be considered racist to give a white-person only scholorship. I'm not saying white people never get shafted but i think this one case where white folk have to take one for the team. How can you justify having a whites only club? I'm asking these questions seriously, i'm not trying to mock the notion of a white club or anything.

Finaly another topic for me to chime in and have everyone tell me how dumb i am.

The main thing i disagree is how they keep saying "they need to meet us at our level." Who is "our?" Is it white people or successful people in general? If they are referring to white people, then i would have to wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe i'm reading it wrong but it sounds like saying we are above them. If you guys take it a different way, then let me know. But reading it like that, it sounds really rascist and almost supremist(is that even a word).

I hear the argument all the time for white things. In high school you have the mexican, indian, asian, and all those other ethnic clubs and white people say, why can't we have a white club. Again, this is just my point of view so if you disagree i would be happy to hear why. But to me its more of a cultural club. I'm punjabi(its a state in india but fock india) and in high school i participated in the punjabi club. Now, the difference between having that and a white club is we celebrated our culture. Having a white club is celebrating race. Serious question, what is a white persons culture? I'm thinking it would be considered american culture right? So if you wanted to have an American Culture club that would be great, but then brown people like me would also be able to join because i was born and raised in america, which i think would qualify me as American. So then, how do you have a club for only white people? No offense, but white people in america have no distinct culture. No one would be opposed to a sweedish club, german club, british club, french club(we actualy had that one), scottish club, well you get the picture. To me, thats celebrating culture and heritage, but since most white people in America can't say i'm this or that because white people are a mix of a lot of different Euro countries. I don't think you can distinguish between white american culture and american culture. Celebrating your whiteness could be accused(even if it isn't) as having a white supremacy club. Groups like skinheads, kkk, nazi's, have ruined the image of someone being proud of being white. Being a proud american and to some extent, proud of being white is good. But sometimes beign proud spills over into the mindset that a certain skin color makes you better than a different skin color.

I've been accused of beign long-winded so i really tried to cut the fat on this post and it still came out long so let me apologize.

I would like to hear a white persons reasoning behind why it would not be considered racist to give a white-person only scholorship. I'm not saying white people never get shafted but i think this one case where white folk have to take one for the team. How can you justify having a whites only club? I'm asking these questions seriously, i'm not trying to mock the notion of a white club or anything.

I, for one, am extremely disgusted that UM was making room for black doctors' kids, who've had all sorts of advantages over the children of 8 Mile white trash. So I am thrilled we got rid of AA. Now, I'm northern white trash, I went to East Detroit High School, the next school just a mile and a half west of us (both on 9 Mile) is Lincoln High, the one Eminem sings about. We're worse off than the blacks because there's no white trash advocacy group to cry for us.

Actually, no I don't support a "white's only" scholarship. Now if they want to promote something based on income level- my attitude may change a bit. My school was low quality, maybe students that go there could use a hand. But when they base it on race- oh hell no. What about the rest of the poor people, they make it that much harder for us to get in.

I wish I could taser your dumbass through this site. :cry:

Affirmative action has created discontent with those of us who feel the minority group of the day is dictating policy to the majority. There is no way we can accomodate every minority group that is not willing to assimilate into the traditional American culture. I believe legal immigration and eventual citizenship should be an honor and something that brings us together as a country. As a citizen and a veteran, I watch our government and courts pander to those with the motivation to cause problems if they don't get their way. I believe most people are lazy and will not stand up to defend tradition.

The scholorship is not about whites...It's about the disregard toward traditional Americans.

I, for one, am extremely disgusted that UM was making room for black doctors' kids, who've had all sorts of advantages over the children of 8 Mile white trash. So I am thrilled we got rid of AA. Now, I'm northern white trash, I went to East Detroit High School, the next school just a mile and a half west of us (both on 9 Mile) is Lincoln High, the one Eminem sings about. We're worse off than the blacks because there's no white trash advocacy group to cry for us.

Actually, no I don't support a "white's only" scholarship. Now if they want to promote something based on income level- my attitude may change a bit. My school was low quality, maybe students that go there could use a hand. But when they base it on race- oh hell no. What about the rest of the poor people, they make it that much harder for us to get in.

Where does the scholorship come from? Is it from university spending? Or is it a private donor? I don't think there should be any scholorships offered to a specific ethnic group if its tax payers money. If its tax payer money then i don't think they should discriminate between, race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, or any of those types of things. Well, i could understand if they gave scholorships that only woman were allowed to apply even if they don't have one for only guys.

I'm against affirmitave action 90% of the time. It promotes an us against them mentality for white people. White people are already threatned with becoming the "minority," and they feel offended because of that. Like hwo you just "I, for one, am extremely disgusted that UM was making room for black doctors' kids, who've had all sorts of advantages over the children of 8 Mile white trash."

To make things easier, when everyone says "they" or "minorities" we know we mean blacks, and maybe hispanics. Most immigrants from europe, asia, south asia, and the middle east are not a drain on the economy and are usualy pretty well off, in the sense they are not a group the gov't needs to target to raise education level in.

I know almost no one will agree with me but a poor black kid is worse off than a poor white kid. I will agree that poor white areas don't get the attention poor black people get, but its easier to make it out of the ghetto if you're a white kid. A trend i do see though is that we're shifting from racism to more of a classism. With a lot of poor white kids relating to poor black kids, that class is becomming mroe similar. Before you had your honky redneck white kids and your broke ass ghetto black kids.

I wish I could taser your dumbass through this site. :P

Affirmative action has created discontent with those of us who feel the minority group of the day is dictating policy to the majority. There is no way we can accomodate every minority group that is not willing to assimilate into the traditional American culture. I believe legal immigration and eventual citizenship should be an honor and something that brings us together as a country. As a citizen and a veteran, I watch our government and courts pander to those with the motivation to cause problems if they don't get their way. I believe most people are lazy and will not stand up to defend tradition.

The scholorship is not about whites...It's about the disregard toward traditional Americans.

Do you just follow me around and post after me everytime? Do you have a man-crush on me or something? Is it like one of thse 5th grade things where to cover up your feelings for someone you try to make fun of them?

Do you just follow me around and post after me everytime? Do you have a man-crush on me or something? Is it like one of thse 5th grade things where to cover up your feelings for someone you try to make fun of them?

I only respond when you post stuff I think is nonsense. I also post when you call me names...You focking diaperhead.

Wow, you got me there. For the 100th time you made fun of my turban. Way to go with the original content. What are you gonna call it this time? Maybe if you ever said something funny or intelligent, you wouldnt' be considered such a focktard.

Wow, you got me there. For the 100th time you made fun of my turban. Way to go with the original content. What are you gonna call it this time? Maybe if you ever said something funny or intelligent, you wouldnt' be considered such a focktard.

I am completely inside of you. You are my d!ck puppet. I put on a little play.

I drop you on the ground, and lay a stripe down your back.

I wish I had the white sheet laundry contract for this thread. Amazing how quickly the "white man's burden" pops up around here.

All you persecuted suburban white guys who :o about a minorities getting to go to college must also :wub: about rich, connected "D" student Republicans (GWB) who get into schools massively underqualified, too.

Or STFU

Unfortunately, the latter takes place much more often than the former and is focking up our country.

No bigger "D" student idiots than Bush and Limbaugh. Where is your outrage over these guys?

Regardless, scholarships should be given based upon economic need regardless of color. Admissions should be strict -- Just becuase your dad wants to donate a wing to the library, doesn't mean idiot Junior gets into Harvard with a "D" average.

HTH :dunno:

I wish I had the white sheet laundry contract for this thread. Amazing how quickly the "white man's burden" pops up around here.

What do you mean by the white mans burden? Never heard that term before.

If you were born in AMERICA, then you have absolutly no reason to be in a Punjab club... as you said, you should be allowed in a "white club" if it was american cluture.... Point being that I'm sure 90+% of blacks were born in america, so an "african american club" is all about being black, it IS NOT about being from africa. if it was, then only the people born and raised in africa and here for school/work would have a right to be there, as well as any white guy from africa! If a white guy born in africa were to try to be in one of these african american clubs, he'd probably be shot!

Point being that these clubs are very much racially motivated. They just use culture as a scapegoat to have it open!

I guess I should add that I think if Cosby and Winfrey want to give out money for scholorships, I'm 100% for it. Nobody should be able to tell these people what they should do with their money! The only problem I have with it is that it is a tax break for them. And it is a racially driven scholorship program, so it does promote a type of racism. If they want to hand out money to support a racially motivated program, fine, I got no problem, but a tax break? Give me a break. That's like Joe Redneck getting a tax break cause he donated to the KKK so they could send their kids to college :doublethumbsup:

You're right to an extent when you say we can use the its a culture club as defense against a race club. But its not completely accurate. We welcomed, and even had a few nonpunjabis join our club. We really did focus on cultural stuff and not just hang out. It was the same for all the clubs. We had a stomp club that white people joined, hmong club non asians jioned, and clubs encouraged it.

Why cant i celebrate two cultures? Do i have to decide between teh two? My dad came here in the 50's and my mom came in the 70's so the punjabi culture has a big effect on them and won't it naturaly carry over to their kids? And what is it to be a part of the American Culture? Isn't american culture so great because its diverse? Or is american culture country line dancing or raindancing or slow dancing or is it all 3? I've always considered american culture to be so great because its open.

You're right to an extent when you say we can use the its a culture club as defense against a race club. But its not completely accurate. We welcomed, and even had a few nonpunjabis join our club. We really did focus on cultural stuff and not just hang out. It was the same for all the clubs. We had a stomp club that white people joined, hmong club non asians jioned, and clubs encouraged it.

Why cant i celebrate two cultures? Do i have to decide between teh two? My dad came here in the 50's and my mom came in the 70's so the punjabi culture has a big effect on them and won't it naturaly carry over to their kids? And what is it to be a part of the American Culture? Isn't american culture so great because its diverse? Or is american culture country line dancing or raindancing or slow dancing or is it all 3? I've always considered american culture to be so great because its open.

American culture is for lack of a better term "the best of all worlds"... Meaning that american culture (to me) is a blend of most cultures throughout the world, cause let's face it, america is one giant "melting pot" of culture.

And I could care less if you celebrated 100 cultures, it's a free country, you can do with your time as you choose.

But the reason, and I dont care what anyone here wants to "tell themselves to make themselves feel better", but the reason these "culture clubs" exist is racially driven. If it wasn't, then you wouldn't have an "african-american" club, you'd have an "african" club and an "american" club. Just like you have "Punjab" and "Sweedish" clubs.. there are no "french-american" clubs.. there are "french clubs"... yet there are "african american" and "mexican/hispanic american" clubs... why is this? It's cause they knwo they cant say "african" club cause you'll get white guys from africa in there, and no black person born in american would be allowed in there, thus the likes of opera and cosby couldn't support it... by putting the "american" behind the word "africa" or "hispanic", you are basically saying "black people who have no ties with that country except skin color are welcome".

I guess I should add that I think if Cosby and Winfrey want to give out money for scholorships, I'm 100% for it. Nobody should be able to tell these people what they should do with their money! The only problem I have with it is that it is a tax break for them. And it is a racially driven scholorship program, so it does promote a type of racism. If they want to hand out money to support a racially motivated program, fine, I got no problem, but a tax break? Give me a break. That's like Joe Redneck getting a tax break cause he donated to the KKK so they could send their kids to college :thumbsdown:

This made me laugh. You are 100% right i'd say. Fock any tax breaks and lets promote a flat tax for everyone. Everyone says oh the rich pay so much in taxes, but they have lawyers that find every loophole and they end up paying significantly less than they should.

But yea, thats the point i was making when i said gov't funded scholorships should not discrimnate. Maybe things like single parent households, income level, sex, maybe even schools performance, things like that. I think Joe could donate to the KKK and get a tax break though.

My family gives out a scholorship every year to a student from the high school my dad went to in honor of my grandfather. Its only requirements are you ahve a 3.5GPA or above, but the application does ask things like parents income, club involvement, things like that. We tend to lean towards giving the scholorship to non-punjabi kids. Usualy we'll just try to find the balance between gpa and income level. But since we understand our culture, we know that indian families support their kids as long as they need it for and always help out with school. A lot of other cultures don't do that and a lot of times kids are on their own. So i could understand why a successful black man would want to give scholorships to black studetns because typicaly, school isn't important to black kids. They want to help out the ones that do have the desire for higher education but have a lot of things stacked against them.

also, read my post before yours here, as I tried to stay on topic!

So i could understand why a successful black man would want to give scholorships to black studetns because typicaly, school isn't important to black kids. They want to help out the ones that do have the desire for higher education but have a lot of things stacked against them.

But they absolutly should not get a tax break cause of it. Cause the likes of Cosby and Oprah are doing it for a race, not necessarily the "kid who needs it the most".

And I think it's great your family does that! :thumbsdown:

American culture is for lack of a better term "the best of all worlds"... Meaning that american culture (to me) is a blend of most cultures throughout the world, cause let's face it, america is one giant "melting pot" of culture.

And I could care less if you celebrated 100 cultures, it's a free country, you can do with your time as you choose.

But the reason, and I dont care what anyone here wants to "tell themselves to make themselves feel better", but the reason these "culture clubs" exist is racially driven. If it wasn't, then you wouldn't have an "african-american" club, you'd have an "african" club and an "american" club. Just like you have "Punjab" and "Sweedish" clubs.. there are no "french-american" clubs.. there are "french clubs"... yet there are "african american" and "mexican/hispanic american" clubs... why is this? It's cause they knwo they cant say "african" club cause you'll get white guys from africa in there, and no black person born in american would be allowed in there, thus the likes of opera and cosby couldn't support it... by putting the "american" behind the word "africa" or "hispanic", you are basically saying "black people who have no ties with that country except skin color are welcome".

Thats your point of view, but from my point of view it was culturaly driven. At our school we had things like culture days and all the clubs would perform somethign from their culture. Usualy most clubs did a traditional dance or something. We did it to celebrate our culture and educate anyone who wanted to learn about it, including other punjabi kids. We always wanted nonpunjabi people join our clubs like the other clubs wanted the same. We would join other clubs like the african-american club and in turn they would join ours. They would hvae club days and clubs would sell food from their culture. I think it was great and i think it raised cultural awareness and senstivity. Thats where i learned that tamales are pretty damn good.

Thats the idealistic view but the main reason was probably so we could raise money for an end of the year club trip to six flags magic mountain ha.

Back to the topic at hand.

When I go to see a doctor, I want the smartest person for a doctor. Not someone who got in that has lower scores and just got in because of thier color. This affirmitive action only makes people question if their black doctor became a doctor by getting C's and D's and was given the scholarship for diversity reasons. Before AA, you didn't have to worry so much, but now with AA, you never know if your getting someone who is good, or someone who was there to fill up the racial quota.

It goes for all pros, not just doctors. When I put my life in the hands of any pro, I would like to know the guy knows his/her shiot. Not someone who just got by.

To me it is all about merit, who works hard....etc....

At least when you go to see a white doctor, you are ALMOST assured he is very qualified. However, other races leave a question about if you are truely getting someone qualified, thanks to affirmitive action. :wall:

Let me take this oppertunity to throw out another one of my favorite catch phrases. It doesn't really apply here, I just want to share it with everyone, since I know how much every one likes them.

Diversity = Perversity

If you want to talk about the topic at hand how about umm you talk about scholorships. This is not about who gets accepted or not, its about scholorships based on race.

If you want to talk about the topic at hand how about umm you talk about scholorships. This is not about who gets accepted or not, its about scholorships based on race.

Have trouble reading my post. That is what i'm talking about. ;)

You keep talking about if they are qualified, or true pros. Getting finacial assistance has nothing to do with that. You say you worry about your Dr. only getting into med-school because of his race, not how many scholorships you recieve.

When I go to see a doctor, I want the smartest person for a doctor. Not someone who got in that has lower scores and just got in because of thier color. This affirmitive action only makes people question if their black doctor became a doctor by getting C's and D's and was given the scholarship for diversity reasons. Before AA, you didn't have to worry so much, but now with AA, you never know if your getting someone who is good, or someone who was there to fill up the racial quota.

It goes for all pros, not just doctors. When I put my life in the hands of any pro, I would like to know the guy knows his/her shiot. Not someone who just got by.

Why do you settle for a "D" student president? Doesn't the president make any important decisions? Don't you want somebody smart and qualified for that job, too???

Why aren't you :cry: endlessly about that??

'til you do, nobody's going to give a sh!t what you say about anything.....

HTH :pointstosky:

At least when you go to see a white doctor, you are ALMOST assured he is very qualified. However, other races leave a question about if you are truely getting someone qualified, thanks to affirmitive action. :pointstosky:

Let me take this oppertunity to throw out another one of my favorite catch phrases. It doesn't really apply here, I just want to share it with everyone, since I know how much every one likes them.

Diversity = Perversity

Hey gomer, the doctor still had to pass medical school...geez you are focking stupid.

I agree with most of what you have to say. :pointstosky: You did ask why it would not be considered racist to give a white-person only scholorship. I don't think anyone said it wasn't. That's the point. To give a white only schoalrship is just as racist as a black person getting one from the NAACP, UNCF, etc... ALL scholarships based on race is racial.

You won't see a television station called WET but you can have the BET (Black Entertainment Channel). So many double standards CAUSE dissention and CAUSE some form of racism. It's disgusting to hear all the racial accusations just because an incident involves a white person and a black person.

I agree with most of what you have to say. :pointstosky: You did ask why it would not be considered racist to give a white-person only scholorship. I don't think anyone said it wasn't. That's the point. To give a white only schoalrship is just as racist as a black person getting one from the NAACP, UNCF, etc... ALL scholarships based on race is racial.

You won't see a television station called WET but you can have the BET (Black Entertainment Channel). So many double standards CAUSE dissention and CAUSE some form of racism. It's disgusting to hear all the racial accusations just because an incident involves a white person and a black person.

Ever ask an African American why we can't have WET and they can have BET? I have numerous times. The answer: You already do. EVERY channel is WET. :cry:

How is BET discriminatory? Obviously, the major networks were not targeting then African-American viewers, so they stepped in to reach what they thought was a segment of the population that wasn't be addressed.

Sorry, terrible analogy.

How is BET discriminatory? Obviously, the major networks were not targeting then African-American viewers, so they stepped in to reach what they thought was a segment of the population that wasn't be addressed.

Sorry, terrible analogy.

Ah sorry. Do some research on who started BET and where the funding comes from. Good analogy. :pointstosky:

Ah sorry. Do some research on who started BET and where the funding comes from. Good analogy. :pointstosky:

Really, tell me who's preventing you from watching it?

They were filling a niche in the marketplace...