R. Grossman 2-12/33/16.7/2.8/1/5/0/3 :sleep:

What a scintilating performance!

Yeah I wanna see Rex in the Super Bowl against the Ravens D :wall:

2006 Pts For

Bears 427 :huh:

Ravens 353 :sleep:

Seabags 335 :banana:

:wall: .....

and Im a Packer Fan......Seahawks just don't look right....Hasselbeck, SA, and Branch (who was supposed to be a very good WR)....and a lot of the time they just look confused....

Any of the possible matchups that don't include San Diego or New England is cool with me. Worst-case scenario would be the Patriots beating the Bears to avenge 1985 (Jan. '86), or any scenario in which the Chargers get their first Super Bowl win.

Grossman vs Packers:

R. Grossman 2-12/33/16.7/2.8/1/5/0/3 :D

What a scintilating performance!

Yeah I wanna see Rex in the Super Bowl against the Ravens D :ninja:

Let me guess - The seahags would have had 500 pts if it wasnt for those dad gum refs! :mad:

:ninja: .....

and Im a Packer Fan......Seahawks just don't look right....Hasselbeck, SA, and Branch (who was supposed to be a very good WR)....and a lot of the time they just look confused....

The point of the thread was who do you NOT want to see in the SB. I gave my opinion. I don't want to see the Bears and Ravens. If you don't like it, lump it. This isn't a what's wrong with Seattle thread. OBTW, quite a diagnosis from your couch. I'll pass on your confused diagnosis to Holmgren.

Let me guess - The seahags would have had 500 pts if it wasnt for those dad gum refs! :mad:

Seahags, very original. You are very creative. But I still don't want to see your boring Bears in the SB. :D

As a Patriots fan, I dread any SB matchup that doesn't include them. The most dreaded in this scenario would be Ravens/Seahawks. Ravens because I've never liked them and their last SB was a snoozefest outside of the TD return exchange. Seahawks because it would hurt the value of the 1st round draft pick the Patriots got in exchange for Deion Branch. I'm not worried about either team getting that far though. Winner of NE/SD should make it out of the AFC and winner of PHI/NO should make it out of the NFC.

The point of the thread was who do you NOT want to see in the SB. I gave my opinion. I don't want to see the Bears and Ravens. If you don't like it, lump it. This isn't a what's wrong with Seattle thread. OBTW, quite a diagnosis from your couch. I'll pass on your confused diagnosis to Holmgren.

Seahags, very original. You are very creative. But I still don't want to see your boring Bears in the SB. :clap:

little tense?....settle down slugger..... :banana:

You gave your opinion that included saying the Bears and Ravens Off. suck and it would be a snooze....Walt showed how they both scored more than teh seahawks and actually a good amount of points in the season...you got shown up opinion or not....

you guys gotta learn to respect the defensive side of the ball man....

I know most people like offense and flash and all that just like they do in all sports, but I can't understand why the defense gets no props man... :banana: best damn advice I've ever gotten from a coach when I was younger ...why would you want to be the guy getting hit and not the one doing the hitting ? While everyone was dying to be the QB, RB, Wr... I was first in line to play MLB, SS, FB.....

Bears/Ravens would be a backyard defensive brawl... how can you not want to see and enjoy a war like that...

High Kicking!

Low Scoring!

And Ties! Ties! Ties!

Defensive Football = Soccer = Zzzzzzzz....

:clap:

i think that Saints vs. Patriots woud be the worst matchup. The game itself would be fine but i couldnt stand to hear the announcers drone on and on about brady and brees.

Yeah, they wouldn't drone on about the other QB's - Yeah, I agree - there would be no love for Manning or Garcia leading the Iggles, sure they'd be tight lipped for those two. Or if Grossman made it, i'm sure there would be no hype of how key Grossman was in the Bears playoff run and how he's matured to get them to a SB. Same for Rivers, they wouldn't even mention his name, much like there was no talk of that young QB from Pitt last year. Definetly no warrior like mentions of Steve McNair. It's the SB teh quaterbacks always get the hype - even Dilfer was story for Tampa.

The only QB who may not get a boatload of hype during the SB may be Hasselbeck and even that's stretching it for a QB who's team people have left for dead and would be is in his second consecutive SB.

But your right I don't want to hear the annoucers talk about Brady & Brees - they don't deserve it.

Just keep the teams OUT that would dumb the game down. The Pats and Ravens would be the first BAD choices since they thrive on dumbing the game down. They have NO interesting players or stories. The Pats have really single-handedly ruined the NFL and fantasy football in one fell swoop. They have made players expendable and worthless, their coach appears to barely have a pulse, their QB won the lottery of life when Bledose got hurt, and their "schemes" make the games boring. Fock that...how can anyone wan this team to win??? The Ravens are not muchy different, they just arent as annoying. Baltimore WILL dumb the game down though..... people want a good game and they want to see scoring.

Fock all of the "respect the defense" idiots. Try soccer out if scoring upsets your stomach..... you faggitz.

Super Bowl Sunday = Supposed to be a FUN evening, not a borefest!!!!

:D

:rolleyes: Grow up.

No. :dunno:

Super Bowl Sunday = Supposed to be a FUN evening, not a borefest!!!!

:rolleyes:

Yeah those 3 SB's the Pats were in sucked, how dare they all come down to the last possession..damn that boring, no drama NFL. Damn you to hell!!!

I will say that all of these games should be really enjoyable. :rolleyes:

While I don't mind a defenseive game, (in many ways I prefer 3 yards and a cloud of dust) I think the Super Bowl is a different animal. You want the game to be close, but with a lot of scores. No on wants to go to a SB party and cheer a puntfest. That being said, I think I share most people's snoozer list, with Balt-Chicago on top.

Matchup I think would rule, Eagles-Colts, two potent offenses with defenses that have been very up and down-high score. Also, Eagles-Pats for some redemption.

little tense?....settle down slugger..... :mad:

You gave your opinion that included saying the Bears and Ravens Off. suck and it would be a snooze....Walt showed how they both scored more than teh seahawks and actually a good amount of points in the season...you got shown up opinion or not....

How many points did each of those D's contribute to the point total?

Steve McNair

Rex Grossman

Jamal Lewis

Thomas Jones

Mushin Muhammad

Derrick Mason

Todd Heap

Desmond Clark

:thumbsup: :dunno:

Don't talk to me about points in the regular season, that's a fockin snoozer! If you think otherwise, well you like boring football.

How many points did each of those D's contribute to the point total?

Steve McNair

Rex Grossman

Jamal Lewis

Thomas Jones

Mushin Muhammad

Derrick Mason

Todd Heap

Desmond Clark

:lol: :lol:

Don't talk to me about points in the regular season, that's a fockin snoozer! If you think otherwise, well you like boring football.

The Bears still smoked the seahawks on offensive points. There is only a 21 point difference - 6 ST/D TDs to 3 for the Hawks. Both Balt and Chi are ahead of the Hawks in yards as well. Your logic is flawed if you want to try and say their Os are worse than the seahawks. They beat them in just about every meaningful category.

Just say you dont like them for no good reason at all. The reality is that the Seabags are :sleep: on O more than any other team in the post season.

Hell, if anything Grossman is the most unpredictable qb going - good or bad, it will be interesting. :rolleyes:

The Bears still smoked the seahawks on offensive points. There is only a 21 point difference - 6 ST/D TDs to 3 for the Hawks. Both Balt and Chi are ahead of the Hawks in yards as well. Your logic is flawed if you want to try and say their Os are worse than the seahawks. They beat them in just about every meaningful category.

Just say you dont like them for no good reason at all. The reality is that the Seabags are :lol: on O more than any other team in the post season.

Hell, if anything Grossman is the most unpredictable qb going - good or bad, it will be interesting. :rolleyes:

:lol: My logic is flawed? This was an opinion thread based on which matchups we DON'T want to see. Sorry I put your panties in a bunch but I don't want to see a Bear/Raven matchup. Let me slow this down even more for you:

The Bears and Ravens in SB XLI will be a fockin snoozer unless you are a fan of either of those teams. That was the point of this thread not about who I like or dislike.

I actually want to see Bears/Ravens. :lol:

I don't want to see Eagles/Patriots

Bears and Ravens defense could score at anytime making the game that much more interesting.

:dunno: My logic is flawed? This was an opinion thread based on which matchups we DON'T want to see. Sorry I put your panties in a bunch but I don't want to see a Bear/Raven matchup. Let me slow this down even more for you:

The Bears and Ravens in SB XLI will be a fockin snoozer unless you are a fan of either of those teams. That was the point of this thread not about who I like or dislike.

No ones knocking your opinion......we are knocking how you say the Off suck and it will be a snooze....when teh Bears Cards game was one of the most exciting games all year....

Get it through your head that no one is saying your opinion doesnt matter....the fact that you act like its a fact ...when in reality it isnt..

thats all :dunno:

Wrong. I'm not a fan of either team and I would find this matchup compelling. Two hard hitting, big play defences would not be a "fockin snoozer" to me.

Fock all of the "respect the defense" idiots. Try soccer out if scoring upsets your stomach..... you faggitz.

Wow. Just when I thought your credibility couldn't be lower, you come out and prove me wrong. Congratulations. :pointstosky:

No ones knocking your opinion......we are knocking how you say the Off suck and it will be a snooze....when teh Bears Cards game was one of the most exciting games all year....

Get it through your head that no one is saying your opinion doesnt matter....the fact that you act like its a fact ...when in reality it isnt..

thats all :dunno:

Why do you keep referncing the Bear/Card game? How many offensive points did the Bears score that game against a "monster" Cardinal D? A big whopping 3! :pointstosky:

So unless you can guarentee that both the Ravens and Bears D's will score multiple TD's, that game will be a snooze. Those offensive players are boring. If I have to sit through two weeks of a SB buildup, I don't want to have to see story after story about the offensive players on those two teams. BORING!!!!!!

Pats vs Eagles

Two teams that have no business playing for the champoinship. :mad:

Have you been watching the same Eagles as the rest of us? :D They are the BEST team playing in the NFL right now :banana:

Actually I'd love to see this rematch. But this time the Eagles get the win :banana:

Any SuperBowl with the Saints not playing for the NFC....

Eagles, Bears, and Seahawks all suck.....the SB is the AFC Championship game folks....

and im a NFC fan.

Again, how do you say the Eagles suck when they are the BEST team playing right now :mad:

Have you been watching the same Eagles as the rest of us? :D They are the BEST team playing in the NFL right now :banana:

Actually I'd love to see this rematch. But this time the Eagles get the win :banana:

Again, how do you say the Eagles suck when they are the BEST team playing right now :mad:

You sure are an odd feller... :mad:

I will say that all of these games should be really enjoyable. :rolleyes:

:thumbsdown:

Hopefully this divisional playoffs can be as exciting as the one for the 2003 season was. That was one of the best weekends of football I've ever seen.

If the Bears happen to get to the SB, it will be because of luck and homefield advantage. If they make the SB, they will get blown out because they dont have that advantage and also they are not a very good team. Everyone saying Ravens and Bears would be a good matchup because of the two defenses.... Bears D isnt even top 5 in the league right now without Harris and Brown. Ravens would dominate that game.

Bears probably wont win this weekend, if it was in Seattle, there wouldnt even be a question about who would win.

:lol:

Hopefully this divisional playoffs can be as exciting as the one for the 2003 season was. That was one of the best weekends of football I've ever seen.

You back in the IBL next year BTW :dunno:

I guess it's because I'm a Bears fan, but I don't find it boring to watch them play. A defensive showdown in football is still a hell of a lot more exciting than Soccer, Hockey, pitcher's dual in baseball, Tennis, and Golf combined.

I'd love to see either LT, Manning, Urlacher, or Brees win their first super bowl or at least get to their first super bowl. So that means I don't want to see any combination of NE, Balt, Phi, or Sea.

Yeah, they wouldn't drone on about the other QB's - Yeah, I agree - there would be no love for Manning or Garcia leading the Iggles, sure they'd be tight lipped for those two. Or if Grossman made it, i'm sure there would be no hype of how key Grossman was in the Bears playoff run and how he's matured to get them to a SB. Same for Rivers, they wouldn't even mention his name, much like there was no talk of that young QB from Pitt last year. Definetly no warrior like mentions of Steve McNair. It's the SB teh quaterbacks always get the hype - even Dilfer was story for Tampa.

The only QB who may not get a boatload of hype during the SB may be Hasselbeck and even that's stretching it for a QB who's team people have left for dead and would be is in his second consecutive SB.

But your right I don't want to hear the annoucers talk about Brady & Brees - they don't deserve it.

you really want to hear the ESPN hype machine talk about Tom Brady "the greatest playoff QB ever? You want to hear two straight weeks of the story of New Orleans overcoming obstacles, Drew Brees overcoming shoulder surgery, and Reggie Bush as the future of the game? Call me whatever you want, but I prefer when people talk about the GAME, and not drone on about stories related to the game. Although they will do this for any matchup, it would be unbearable to hear it for NO vs. NE

you really want to hear the ESPN hype machine talk about Tom Brady "the greatest playoff QB ever? You want to hear two straight weeks of the story of New Orleans overcoming obstacles, Drew Brees overcoming shoulder surgery, and Reggie Bush as the future of the game? Call me whatever you want, but I prefer when people talk about the GAME, and not drone on about stories related to the game. Although they will do this for any matchup, it would be unbearable to hear it for NO vs. NE

Do you mean Brady isn't the greatest playoff QB ever, or at least in the league today? He didn't have a loss to his record until his 11th career playoff game. In contrast, Montana was 7-2 in his first 9 playoff games, Brady was 9-0 in his first 9. Brady is on pace to be the best ever in the postseason, and he's unquestionably the best in today's game. He couldn't do it without a great team around him, but the greats always need help.

Did you root against Michael Jordan in the 90's because his team just kept winning championships? How about Joe Montana in the 80's?

Regarding the Saints, I too am sick of hearing about Hurricane Katrina. I'm not even focused on that. I'm astounded that that franchise is two wins away from their first ever Super Bowl appearance, in what seems like a complete about-face from the norm of their history. It think the Saints' story is more riveting than any other team left in the playoffs.

i got nothing agaisnt tom brady, he does his thing in the post season better than anyone, i just dont like hearing announcers compete to see who can get their face closest to his butt

i got nothing agaisnt tom brady, he does his thing in the post season better than anyone, i just dont like hearing announcers compete to see who can get their face closest to his butt

No doubt man, no doubt. Thankfully NBC and ESPN's crews are done, now it's just CBS and FOX, who aren't as bad with the brown nosing of the players.

Negative. *salute*

Oh well.... <_<

Any thing with the F-Eagles :thumbsdown:

Team doesn't even belong to be in the tourny <_<

can we dis-qualify any NFC east teams next season?

I'd rather see Denver, Miami ...........hell even SF in the mix