Sign in to follow this  
Byars41

When MANNING beats BRADY

does Peyton finally get his respect?

;)

Why would he? Most people slob Brady's knob even though he had 3 INTs today and should have had 5.

People make a snap decision and stick to it. Manning > Brady. But most years Pats > Colts.

Here's what it means. No matter who wins we will see one of those two GREAT! Qb's in the S.Bowl.

;)

Manning can do nothing short of winning a Super Bowl. Winning an AFC Championship at home... even against Brady... isn't enough. He still has to prove that he can be the ULTIMATE winner.

Quite simply, if the Colts win, it will be b/c the Pats receivers didn't get open enough for Brady. If the Pats win, it will b/c Brady imposed his will on the team to win.

In short...

No-lose for Brady

No-win for Peyton

Quite simply, if the Colts win, it will be b/c the Pats receivers didn't get open enough for Brady. If the Pats win, it will b/c Brady imposed his will on the team to win.

In short...

No-lose for Brady

No-win for Peyton

:doublethumbsup:

If the Pats win:

"Ho hum. Another thrashing of the Colts. It's not even worth trying anymore."

If the Colts win:

"Big deal. It's one win. We still have three championships. Besides, Manning will blow it at the big game anyway."

As always, Pats homers will set themselves up for a no-lose situation. Just like they're giving credit for Brady after the biggest gift since the BS tuck rule (the post-INT fumble that gave the Pats the ball back)!

When I stop seeing Peyton's face every time I see a commercial, I'll respect him. Until then, no.

He needs a ring. Otherwise those ad agencies will start looking for the next star.

Years from now, Brady and Manning will be the 2 QBs who transcend this era/decade whatever.

Manning will avoid that "Dan Marino" stigma if he wins the big one.

It means Brady still has 3 Superbowl rings to Mannings 1 if he wins the big one.

Manning will get respect for 1 week. He needs to win a Superbowl to get the naysayers off his back. If he loses in the Superbowl, then he's still a choker and no one will remember them beating the Pats.

Manning loses this weekend because Vinatieri will miss a game winning FG.

Unpossible.

Unpossible.

LOL..

Hey, did anyone catch what Dungy said on the sidelines when Vinateri was going to kick that FG that will put them up by 9 late in the game?

He said..."MONEY>>"....."MONEY!!!" x 5.. :thumbsdown:

People make a snap decision and stick to it. Manning > Brady. But most years Pats > Colts.

Snap decision?! Peyton got this monkey on his back in college. He had one big game....the Florida Gators and he could not beat them. So he got tabbed as "can't win the big one". Now that he is in the playoffs and can't get to a Super Bowl he retains the title. Unfortunatly for Manning, he's earned the title.

Manning will get respect for 1 week. He needs to win a Superbowl to get the naysayers off his back. If he loses in the Superbowl, then he's still a choker and no one will remember them beating the Pats.

First of all, it's not Brady vs. Manning for the one millionth time. It's Pats vs. Colts.

Secondly, what if Manning plays out of this world in the Super Bowl and the Colts lose. Let's say he throws 4 TDs, no interceptions and they lose 35-31. Does that make him a "choker"?

Jake Delhomme's team lost the Super Bowl several years ago....was he a "choker"?....because I thought he played great in that game.

It means Brady still has 3 Superbowl rings to Mannings 1 if he wins the big one.

And therein lies the problem: If Manning wins one and it's the only one he ever wins, are people still going to be on his ass?!? Shouldn't matter if you win one or 50. A Super Bowl Champ is a Super Bowl Champ. I don't think it's going to hurt Brett Favre's claim to being the best ever (although I don't agree but the point can certainly be argued in his favor.)

LOL..

Hey, did anyone catch what Dungy said on the sidelines when Vinateri was going to kick that FG that will put them up by 9 late in the game?

He said..."MONEY>>"....."MONEY!!!" x 5.. :D

Weird. I thought he was chanting "MARONEY..... MARONEY..." You know... cause he wanted the Pats to beat SD. :D :D

LOL..

He said..."MONEY>>"....."MONEY!!!" x 5.. :dunno:

money? Thats what Belichick thinks every time his qb takes a snap. :thumbsup:

If the Pats win:

"Ho hum. Another thrashing of the Colts. It's not even worth trying anymore."

If the Colts win:

"Big deal. It's one win. We still have three championships. Besides, Manning will blow it at the big game anyway."

As always, Pats homers will set themselves up for a no-lose situation. Just like they're giving credit for Brady after the biggest gift since the BS tuck rule (the post-INT fumble that gave the Pats the ball back)!

Knowing that the Patriots' success, and the resulting joy of our fanbase, is driving you nuts...that puts a big smile on my face.

Here's a strange one:

Tony Dungy great Buccs team....he leaves, the Buccs win Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning great Tennessee team.....he graduates, Tenn. wins a Natl' Championship.

Maybe if one of them would leave, the Colts would win the Super Bowl.

Here's a strange one:

Tony Dungy great Buccs team....he leaves, the Buccs win Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning great Tennessee team.....he graduates, Tenn. wins a Natl' Championship.

Maybe if one of them would leave, the Colts would win the Super Bowl.

Or, maybe they win the whole enchilada this year and we find something new to talk about. :wub:

Or, maybe they win the whole enchilada this year and we find something new to talk about. :wub:

Oh hell we'll always have someone to fall back on.............

Choke contenders:

Eli Manning (who better to take the throne)

Donavan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marty....too easy.

Michael Vick

I'm sure others will jump up at us.

Manning took the throne from Marino.......somebodies gonna take it from Manning eventually.

Colts beating the Patriots this week would certainly help solidify Manning as a great QB, but I think winning this week and losing the Superbowl would hurt more than help.

Why would he? Most people slob Brady's knob even though he had 3 INTs today and should have had 5.

Maybe thats because Brady still made the plays when he had to at the end of the game in order to get the win, despite the beating he took that day. You do understand what "clutch" means, right? That was a pretty basic example of it yesterday. Sure, he stunk most of the game, but did you ever see him walk of the field after an INT with his head down looking like he wanted to slit his wrists? Did you see him make anything close to the "Peyton Manning Face" all day? Manning is a great QB, but under pressure in the clutch or during a rough day, he has trouble keeping his composure. Brady never does, and that's why the Pats are in the AFC title game again with a bunch of no-name, off the street WR's and a mediocre TE. He's had WAY better teams than this but he gets it done anyway.

Watch a video of the NE-SD game again, and pay attention to how Brady sticks to his guns in the pocket consistently even with Merriman almsot right on top of him. Manning tends to freak out easily with less pressure than that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree Brady gets ridiculous knobslobbing and I think Manning is one of the greatest QB's (in the regular season at least) that we'll ever see in our lifetimes, but if you can't admit after the last 5 years that Brady has 10x the guts and will to win that Manning does when it counts the most, then I don't know what else you need to see. :wacko:

That being said, I'm sick of the Pats and would like to see Manning finally break through in the clutch and get one over on Brady & Co. I believe he can do it, but that first time will be the toughest.

You have to admit this much though...with the way the Colts D has stepped up in the playoffs, having stolen away Adam V from NE, and the fact they are finally getting the Pats at home indoors in January....Manning, Dungy, and the rest of them are out of excuses. They better step up to the plate this time or the monkey will not only stay on thier backs forever, it will also beat them down and p!$$ all over them. :banana:

Not saying one is better than the other, but I think the Bears would have a better shot against the Colts than the Pats should they make it to the dance. Not a reflection of the qbs, but the overall team strengths and makeup.

I'd like Manning to win one, but will likely be cheering NFC regardless of who wins this week. Manning should win one because he works harder than any player in the NFL and because he is the most talented qb that I have seen in my lifetime as a fan which includes anyone from the mid 70s onward.

Oh hell we'll always have someone to fall back on.............

Choke contenders:

Eli Manning (who better to take the throne)

Donavan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marty....too easy.

Michael Vick

I'm sure others will jump up at us.

Manning took the throne from Marino.......somebodies gonna take it from Manning eventually.

McNabb and Hasselbeck have won plenty of big games. I think they can be taken off the list.......

Maybe thats because Brady still made the plays when he had to at the end of the game in order to get the win, despite the beating he took that day. You do understand what "clutch" means, right? That was a pretty basic example of it yesterday. Sure, he stunk most of the game, but did you ever see him walk of the field after an INT with his head down looking like he wanted to slit his wrists? Did you see him make anything close to the "Peyton Manning Face" all day? Manning is a great QB, but under pressure in the clutch or during a rough day, he has trouble keeping his composure. Brady never does, and that's why the Pats are in the AFC title game again with a bunch of no-name, off the street WR's and a mediocre TE. He's had WAY better teams than this but he gets it done anyway.

Watch a video of the NE-SD game again, and pay attention to how Brady sticks to his guns in the pocket consistently even with Merriman almsot right on top of him. Manning tends to freak out easily with less pressure than that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree Brady gets ridiculous knobslobbing and I think Manning is one of the greatest QB's (in the regular season at least) that we'll ever see in our lifetimes, but if you can't admit after the last 5 years that Brady has 10x the guts and will to win that Manning does when it counts the most, then I don't know what else you need to see. ;)

That being said, I'm sick of the Pats and would like to see Manning finally break through in the clutch and get one over on Brady & Co. I believe he can do it, but that first time will be the toughest.

You have to admit this much though...with the way the Colts D has stepped up in the playoffs, having stolen away Adam V from NE, and the fact they are finally getting the Pats at home indoors in January....Manning, Dungy, and the rest of them are out of excuses. They better step up to the plate this time or the monkey will not only stay on thier backs forever, it will also beat them down and p!$$ all over them. :mad:

Interesting that you note this specifically. I had told my wife just before the NE-SD game that I thought that Indianapolis looked tough to beat this year because of something I hadn't seen in Peyton before. It was exactly what you just pointed out. That refusal to give in, that constant "get back on your feet and go at it again." Baltimore punched him and the offense, confused him, picked him off, had him throwing errantly, and what did he do? He strapped it on and went at it again. When he took off out of the pocket and ran for 9 yards, it was something I'm not used to seeing Peyton. I know the defense played their butts off, and Peyton didn't score any TDs, but he kept doing the things he needed to do to get the team down the field; he kept moving the chains against a wicked defense to get them time and again into field goal range.

That's the fire most of his observers have been waiting for. Will they win? I don't know. But they sure can, because Peyton is ready.

Interesting that you note this specifically. I had told my wife just before the NE-SD game that I thought that Indianapolis looked tough to beat this year because of something I hadn't seen in Peyton before. It was exactly what you just pointed out. That refusal to give in, that constant "get back on your feet and go at it again." Baltimore punched him and the offense, confused him, picked him off, had him throwing errantly, and what did he do? He strapped it on and went at it again. When he took off out of the pocket and ran for 9 yards, it was something I'm not used to seeing Peyton. I know the defense played their butts off, and Peyton didn't score any TDs, but he kept doing the things he needed to do to get the team down the field; he kept moving the chains against a wicked defense to get them time and again into field goal range.

That's the fire most of his observers have been waiting for. Will they win? I don't know. But they sure can, because Peyton is ready.

Excellent point, and you're right....I have also noticed that Peyton has looked a little more confident and relaxed at times this season, but you can't expect him to suddenly be on Brady's level. That doesn't mean he would have to be Brady-like for the Colts to win, but he definitely better bring nerves of steel because you know Belichick has a million ways to get in his head. It's going to be a whole different beast dealing with the team that has consistently owned him in the playoffs, against a coach that is guaranteed to have a gamplan designed to rattle him in a way that he probably would have never thought of.

I know what you mean that Peyton has looked better at dealing with adversity this season, but remember this:

- he still did throw 3 picks at home against KC (an inferior defense to San Diego's, no question), and didn't have a stellar game in Baltimore

- he didn't drive the length of the field in the final minutes or even bring the team back from a deficit, or have any sort of drive you could call a rally...far from what Brady did in San Diego....big difference.

- the Colts were ahead the entire time in both of those games, if I recall correctly. Whats gonna happen if he throws a pick, takes a couple of sacks, maybe fumbles once, and NE jumps ahead say, 13-3 or 17-7? Can you really say you'd be confident in him?

- the Colts really won the last 2 games in spite of Manning's performances, not because of him. Brady took the Pats on his back, even after an awful day, and beat the best team in the NFL in their own backyard by engineering two scoring drives in the 4th quarter.

If the Pats get some breaks/turnovers and jump ahead early, I think the Colts are dead. If the opposite happens, the Pats are going to fight like warriors to stay in it so that Brady has a chance to win it at the end, so the Colts better put them away early if they have the chance.

I don't know whats with my long-ass posts tonight (sorry ;) ), but here's the most important point: The Colts, and especially Manning, have all the pressure in the world on them in this game, and the Pats are gonna come in confident and ready, with hardly a care in the world. The Colts have the Pats a little bit banged-up, much less star-power than the previous playoff meetings, momentum from having beaten them in the regular season twice in two years at Foxboro, thier defense stepping up to the plate out of nowhere, and AT HOME with no worries of a hostile crowd, cold weather, snow, rain, even hometown refs.

They have absolutely no excuses left.

You make good points, and I won't contend most of it. However, despite what seems to get projected, New England's defense is not as good as Baltimore's. It just isn't. So we'll see. It should be a very good game.

The only other thing that I would lay out there is this. You make it sound as though "clutch" is something you learn. I disagree. It's a decision, a hardening of the mind, a will that you take and embrace. It's John Elway in the Super Bowl, flipping over a tackle to get a first down. Why? Because he would not be denied.

What will Peyton do if he gets down by 10 points? Dunno. He's either going to decide that Belichick is forever his daddy, or he's going to flip that switch and realize that he's better than the Patriots' defense, regardless of when the bumps happen during the game.

Manning wont get respect until he wins and celebrates by dancing at midfield like hes michael j fox on speed...

Bottom line - Patriots are mentally tougher than any team in football and know how to do the the little things that it takes to win. If you have not noticed, the Pats take their game to the next level when it comes to the playoffs. Get use to it not only now but years to come - Pats handle the salary cap and draft flawlessly. If you only knew what goes on behind the scenes in Foxboro.....there is something special here now and years to come :dunno:

First of all, it's not Brady vs. Manning for the one millionth time. It's Pats vs. Colts.

Secondly, what if Manning plays out of this world in the Super Bowl and the Colts lose. Let's say he throws 4 TDs, no interceptions and they lose 35-31. Does that make him a "choker"?

Jake Delhomme's team lost the Super Bowl several years ago....was he a "choker"?....because I thought he played great in that game.

If you lose one big game, you're not a choker. Manning has a long history of not playing well in big games. That's how you get a reputation. This is a win and lose world. If you lose you lose. History will show that he again didn't win the big game. Only his diehard fans will say.... "but he played a pretty good game." :dunno: