Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

****Official Colts vs. Patriots Thread****

My key is the above. The Pats secondary vs the Colt receivers. Comeback routes killed the Pats, plus focusing on Wayne and Harrison left huge holes for the TE's Clark and Utecht. Utecht had a huge 4th quarter - he caught 3 balls in the 4th going for 15, 16 & 13 yards, extending drives and killing any momentum the defense started gaining in the 4th.

Pressure on Manning will be huge obviously as well, can the D-line and whoever the 4th pass rusher is the Pats send in, create enough pressure on their own?????

<_<

It will be a tough game, but the PatriotsRavens are a more physical team. The tougher team almost always wins. I have no doubt the Pats Ravens are the tougher team......

This sounded very familiar. I fixed it to reflect what we heard last week. :thumbsup:

5. The Colts have looked beatable in the playoffs: They were trying to hand that game over to the Chiefs, but K.C. didn't want it. And I know how tough the Ravens were, but I wasn't as impressed by Indy as everyone else last Saturday. New England's offense is in a different league than Baltimore's

With response to this...NE defense is in a different league than Baltimore's D. Not even close. Not sure how someone can reference that without mentioning or comparing their D's. A little narrow sightedness if you ask me.

I just dont think that, in the Dome, the Pats secondary can hold up.

that really is the whole ballgame, IMO.

an effective pass rush can help to protect that secondary too.

Can NE pressure Manning? Can NE's secondary contain Harrison, Wayne, Clark?

I do believe NE's offense is versatile enough to move the ball and put up points against IND's D.

The Pats offense will be better than anything IND has faced the last 2 weeks... in fact, the Pats offense may be better than anything IND has faced since week 13 (JAX, TEN, CIN (maybe), HOU, MIA).

Yes, IND is playing better and Sanders is healthy, but I'm still not convinced that they're as improved as the media-hype is suggesting.

I just don't know if IND's high octane attack is gonna' blow the doors off of NE on the fast-track or sputter and turn the ball over.

5. The Colts have looked beatable in the playoffs: They were trying to hand that game over to the Chiefs, but K.C. didn't want it. And I know how tough the Ravens were, but I wasn't as impressed by Indy as everyone else last Saturday. New England's offense is in a different league than Baltimore's

With response to this...NE defense is in a different league than Baltimore's D. Not even close. Not sure how someone can reference that without mentioning or comparing their D's. A little narrow sightedness if you ask me.

I am not arguing with you that New E. is in a different league than Baltimore...but they are pretty close.

Total Defense: Baltimore #1 New E. #6

Scoring Defense: Baltimore #1 New E. #2

Rushing Defense: Baltimore #2 New E. #5

passing Defense: Baltimore #6 New. E. #12

Turnover Defense: Baltimore #1 New E. #5

Then if you factor how much more effective New. E. offense is compared to Baltimores offense. Who knows.

5. The Colts Patriots have looked beatable in the playoffs: They were trying to hand that game over to the Chiefs Chargers, but K.C SD didn't want it. And I know how tough the Ravens Chargers were, but I wasn't as impressed by Indy New England as everyone else last Saturday Sunday.

In the same way IndyTom fixed the bigtuna post, I thought this one could very easily use a few changes as well. :cheers:

In the same way IndyTom fixed the bigtuna post, I thought this one could very easily use a few changes as well. :cheers:

:cheers:

it's not really important... but NE was pretty convincing in their first round win over the Jets.

If we're gonna' discuss "who's looked beatable" in the playoffs this year, you've got to factor that in.

and you can always look at IND's two "ugly" wins as a positive for them: IND winning without Manning carrying them was almost unheard of until now. Maybe THAT is what will help the Colts.

it's all paralysis by overanalysis anyways.

I'm tired of dissecting the game, I just want to see them play it already.

All 4 teams are beatable. These are close point spreads for a reason.

15 sacks against for the Colts all year vs 44 sacks for NE - strength vs strength battle in the trenches.

That is the key to the DBs standing up to the Colts passing attack.

The big question mark on the other side of the ball is which Colts D will show up? The one that gave up 375 rush yds to jax or the one that shut down Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis.

I'm tired of dissecting the game, I just want to see them play it already.

Agreed. :cheers:

Everyone's got an opinion right now and none of them are facts until the game's over.

It's easily the most compelling of the 2 games this weekend for anyone who isn't a Saints or Bears fan.

A lot of history between these 2 teams.

All 4 teams are beatable. These are close point spreads for a reason.

15 sacks against for the Colts all year vs 44 sacks for NE - strength vs strength battle in the trenches.

That is the key to the DBs standing up to the Colts passing attack.

The big question mark on the other side of the ball is which Colts D will show up? The one that gave up 375 rush yds to jax or the one that shut down Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis.

I like the way you've summed it up, especially the last point. One thing for Colts fans to remember is that KC and Baltimore had completely one dimensional offences (though I guess Jacksonville's is too, in retrospect). On the flipside, Pats fans should remember that their running attack isn't as good as KC's and Baltimore's either, and Manning is obviously a far more dangerous QB than Rivers. Anyway, whoever made the analysis paralysis remark is right on. Just play the game already!

I am not arguing with you that New E. is in a different league than Baltimore...but they are pretty close.

Total Defense: Baltimore #1 New E. #6

Scoring Defense: Baltimore #1 New E. #2

Rushing Defense: Baltimore #2 New E. #5

passing Defense: Baltimore #6 New. E. #12

Turnover Defense: Baltimore #1 New E. #5

The Ravens held the Colts to 5 FG's, which I think was somepart design by the Colts(ie not pushing for the TD, just accepting the FG, and knowing you only have to score so many pts to win this game). Vs. the Pats I think they will move the ball, and get to the redzone, but how many do they actually stick in the endzone. If 2 of those FG's become TD's against the Pats, thats 23 pts. Most know that the safeties are a concern right now, BB will protect them, and Indy will move the ball, and therefore redzone D will be the difference maker. I think the Pats will hold up, and win in this scenario(redzone D holds).

Pats fans should remember that their running attack isn't as good as KC's and Baltimore's either

Pats running game is better than the Ravens. and the overall O is much better than either team. Barring turnovers, Pats score 24+.

Pats running game is better than the Ravens. and the overall O is much better than either team. Barring turnovers, Pats score 24+.

That would be an improvement since the last time they played the Colts. :cheers:

That would be an improvement since the last time they played the Colts.

The Colts have played 3 teams twice this year, everytime they have given up more points and lost the game. And I think Brady throws fewer than the 4 picks he threw last time they played.

John Clayton: Rodney Harrison - Out! :thumbsup:

I hope he is 100 % healthy next week. :lol:

John Clayton: Rodney Harrison - Out! :thumbsup:

I hope he is 100 % healthy next week. :lol:

A guy being hurt is a thumbs up? I would think you'd like to see both teams at full strength so there can be no excuses as to who the better team is.

A guy being hurt is a thumbs up? I would think you'd like to see both teams at full strength so there can be no excuses as to who the better team is.

You make a good point. I should have looked at it that way.

However, are you suggesting you would use that as an excuse? :thumbsup:

Are you suggesting you would use that as an excuse? :thumbsup:

Hopefully the true Pat fan never makes excuses. As BB says it is what it is. Their injury history has been huge over this run and it's part of football and they've overcome it. They won one title without both starting CBs and are now a few games away from another possible title without both starting safeties. I also don't go into a game hoping another team has injuries. They are part of the game and if you can't win with them you don't deserve to win.

Hopefully the true Pat fan never makes excuses. As BB says it is what it is. Their injury history has been huge over this run and it's part of football and they've overcome it. They won one title without both starting CBs and are now a few games away from another possible title without both starting safeties. I also don't go into a game hoping another team has injuries. They are part of the game and if you can't win with them you don't deserve to win.

:wub:

to be fair, this Pats fan wouldn't shed a tear if I heard M Harrison or J Addai was sitting out for this game.

sure, you want to play the best and face the best and all that... but I want them to win too and the fact is their chances improve greatly if the opposition is missing key player(s).

It's football. Injuries are part of the game. And if you've got 'em, you've got to overcome them.

As a Pats fan, pointing to Rodney's absence would be among the last "excuses" I would look for if NE loses.

:wub:

to be fair, this Pats fan wouldn't shed a tear if I heard M Harrison or J Addai was sitting out for this game.

sure, you want to play the best and face the best and all that... but I want them to win too and the fact is their chances improve greatly if the opposition is missing key player(s).

It's football. Injuries are part of the game. And if you've got 'em, you've got to overcome them.

As a Pats fan, pointing to Rodney's absence would be among the last "excuses" I would look for if NE loses.

Overall the Pats are pretty healthy...at least compared to past years.

If you can't win with injuries in the NFL you'll never win. It's a fact of life in the NFL.

The Colts have played 3 teams twice this year, everytime they have given up more points and lost the game. And I think Brady throws fewer than the 4 picks he threw last time they played.

If you're going to point this out, you may as well mention that, in each instance, the first game was at home and the second was on the road. This is opposite. That may make a difference.

:dunno:

Exactly. The reality is - a year from now, no one is going to remember who played and who did not - just that a particular team won.

So while it might be a bigger moral victory to beat a team at full strength - it would be more important to the legacy of the franchise to win no matter what.

I would've liked Rodney to be healthy for this game, but I also believe the Pats can win without him. Sanders has been respectable as a substitute.

I would've liked Rodney to be healthy for this game, but I also believe the Pats can win without him. Sanders has been respectable as a substitute.

It would be nice to have him in there, but I don't think their chances of winning a MUCH greater without him. A good running game, receivers not tipping the ball in the air and a good defensive scheme will win it for the Pats. Not one Safety.

Facts is this

Patriots if :

A. Brady has time to throw

B. they stop Addai / Rhodes

C. They are able to get solid games from Dillon and Maroney

I see Manning having a 280 -2 - 2 game

Indy wins if

A. They establish a running game

B. Get Brady under pressure

C. continue to stop the run ! !

IN all honesty Manning has p3wed the Patriots last 2 years. Wasn't the playoffs but was at foxborrough . With all the weapons they have I can't see Peyton having 3 straight awful games

33 - 17 Colts

JahRasta.....I have deleted your post. It was out of bounds and filled with profanity. Please don't submit a similar post again. Thanks.

JahRasta.....I have deleted your post. It was out of bounds and filled with profanity. Please don't submit a similar post again. Thanks.

Can we delete him as well :pray:

Guest JahRasta311

Can we delete him as well :pray:

:banana: :banana: you believe in god.

7 hours 30 minutes. :lol:

Only way Indy wins this game, is if the Referees do what they did when the Pats played in Denver in the playoffs last year.

Go Pats!

Heading out in about an hour, pickin up the Blue Ribbon BBQ again on the way to a friend's house. Been a long day already waiting for this game.

Go Pats!

Heading out in about an hour, pickin up the Blue Ribbon BBQ again on the way to a friend's house. Been a long day already waiting for this game.

Not too supersticious or anything. I don't know who's worse, the players or the fans. I'm cooking the same menu as last week's game too. :lol:

And btw, regardless of the outcome, here's to a well officiated game. :dunno:

I'm cringing at the thought of what this bored will look like if some controversial call impacts the game, let alone decides the game.

Guest JahRasta311

And btw, regardless of the outcome, here's to a well officiated game. :ninja:

I'm cringing at the thought of what this bored will look like if some controversial call impacts the game, let alone decides the game.

I'll be here :ninja:

Guest JahRasta311

I'm shocked.

I know you wouldnt have it any other way.

Gametime, chumps! Best of luck to all... hopin for a clean game, no injuries, no weird calls.

No secret who I want to win... but hope for a good game no matter what the outcome.

:ninja:

That's why BB is the best head coach EVAH.

4th and inches on the 50.... he goes for it. :clap: :huh:

That's why BB is the best head coach EVAH.

4th and inches on the 50.... he goes for it. :clap: :huh:

Wow, how cutting edge.... :huh: