Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Federer > Woods

Lets see Tiger do this.

:shocking:

Lets see Tiger do this.

:shocking:

Low percentage tennis shot only for the highlight reels. Coach Jackson would've made me run if I attempted this shot in a college match. However, he did make it, and sure enough it is on the highlight reel :banana:

:first:

There have been many dominant tennis players throughout the years but what Tiger has done has been pretty much unequaled throughout the history of golf.

:lol:

:cry:

How do you have an achilles injury in golf?

He's looking for any excuse ppossible at this point. Just a joke.

Too soon? :dunno:

Roger Federer bested Rafa Nadal in the semis and beat the John Isner in the finals who beat Novak Djokovic in the semi finals.

Federer has won 5 tournaments in the last 6 months.

How's Tiger doing? :lol:

Federer, who's won a record 16 major titles, is 30, an age when many players in the punishing sport of tennis are thinking retirement. But he just keeps winning, including Sunday's Indian Wells final.

It is not merely the laws of tennis that Roger Federer is defying. It is the laws of nature, of logic, of aging and human endurance.

He is 30 years old and is amused when that is even brought up. They make movies about bionic men. Federer should star in the next one.

When he beat John Isner in Sunday's BNP Paribas Open final, it wasn't so much that he won, but that his winning appears to foreshadow more of the same. And that it continues on a level of tennis that demands a near-perfect body more than a near-perfect forehand.

The score Sunday was 7-6 (7), 6-3. Isner is 6 feet 9, is just starting to make a breakthrough, and even he understands the rigors of the game he plays for a living. He is 26, but says he is one of the lucky ones, because he went to college, got his degree from the University of Georgia and was spared the wear and tear of those years on his body that would have been inflicted by the pro tour.

Pro tennis is played mostly on hard courts now. It has standardized the game for promoters and shortened careers for players. The years of many matches on grass and clay, softer and more forgiving surfaces, are gone. Three of the four Grand Slam events — the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open — were once played on grass. Now, only Wimbledon and the French Open (red clay) are still contested on their traditional surfaces; the other two are hard-court tournaments.

Rafael Nadal is among the best ever to play the game. With 10 major titles, some project him to pass Federer's record 16. He will be 26 in June and won his 10th major last year at his favorite, the French, which he has won six times. But what appeared to be an unstoppable run a few years ago has been slowed by injuries — mostly sore knees — and Nadal went on an uncharacteristic tangent in a news conference after one of his matches here the other day, citing the need for tennis to understand how hard courts were breaking down all the players.

:thumbsup:

Roger Federer bested Rafa Nadal in the semis and beat the John Isner in the finals who beat Novak Djokovic in the semi finals.

Federer has won 5 tournaments in the last 6 months.

How's Tiger doing? :lol:

:thumbsup:

Better than you in all aspects of life ?

Better than you in all aspects of life ?

Yeah, I'm guessing no.

I can walk 18 holes and not limp off. :lol:

Yeah, I'm guessing no.

Can probably kill him at djing and world of warcraft too. :thumbsup:

This is some of the stuff that really pisses me off about the Serial Cheater. The dude limps off the golf course 2 weeks ago with an overly dramatic White-Bronco type departure - now he's playing 3 weeks in a row which includes a major and a stupid "look-at-me" exhibition match with starts today. Are you hurt or not focker?

This is some of the stuff that really pisses me off about the Serial Cheater. The dude limps off the golf course 2 weeks ago with an overly dramatic White-Bronco type departure - now he's playing 3 weeks in a row which includes a major and a stupid "look-at-me" exhibition match with starts today. Are you hurt or not focker?

Just strained it <_<

and in his defense. it's not his fault they followed him to his car and followed him with a chopper as he drove away. shame on them for acting like TMZ

Just strained it dry.gif

and in his defense. it's not his fault they followed him to his car and followed him with a chopper as he drove away. shame on them for acting like TMZ

I guess my contention is that Tiger is notorious for saying he does not like to play before a major - not unusual, Jack was the same way. But don't give me this crap-ass story when he annually does it here - this time with a strained body part nonetheless. No this focker doesn't owe anyone anything - but this tour has made him a pretty wealthy man and given the stench of his reputation right now, be nice for him to start giving back. What does that mean? It means committing to tournaments he's never played in before, turning down a $2 million dollar appearance fee here and there to stay and play at home - stuff like that. Oh also - ditch the Nike Method putter and bring back the damn Scotty.

I'll tell you a record Tiger does own in golf...

The most injuries from a non athletic sport. How the fock did John Daily never get injured? He should have rolled down a bunker slope by now, broken his fibula, but hasn't. How does Tigercub come up with a new injury bi-monthly now? Jeeesh

I'll tell you a record Tiger does own in golf...

The most injuries from a non athletic sport. How the fock did John Daily never get injured? He should have rolled down a bunker slope by now, broken his fibula, but hasn't. How does Tigercub come up with a new injury bi-monthly now? Jeeesh

Easy answer: Steroids

1 win in 2 1/2 years

:lol: is right.

Although, it was great to see him win.

Remember, all he cares about is majors.

Masters 2 weeks :pointstosky:

1 win in 2 1/2 years

:lol: is right.

Although, it was great to see him win.

Remember, all he cares about is majors.

Masters 2 weeks :pointstosky:

And it's a non-major. Lol. How many guys have won one tournament or another in the last three years? 50? 40?

Wow, Tiger. You're greeeeeeeeaaaaattt!

And it's a non-major. Lol. How many guys have won one tournament or another in the last three years? 50? 40?

Wow, Tiger. You're greeeeeeeeaaaaattt!

75 different players have won since Tiger's last tour victory :shocking:

75 different players have won since Tiger's last tour victory :shocking:

Haha. Wow. That certainly puts this win into perspective.

Haha. Wow. That certainly puts this win into perspective.

Sure puts his amazing career of greatness into perspective. Pure domination

Sure puts his amazing career of greatness into perspective. Pure domination

Up until 2009, I agree.

In the last three years, he's won one more tournament than I have.

I will say this though.

Tiger looked amazing this weekend. He was more than 5 strokes better than everyone, even though he won by 5.

Going to be tough to hold him down now.

Not sure he will win at the same 40% clip he was winning at a few years back. Unless he gets injured, he is going to get his now. Wins and white wimmen

:wave:

Way to go Federer #17

Federer has the highest number of major titles (17), has appeared in the most finals (24), and the most semi-finals (32). Federer is one of seven men to win all four majors, and the only man to have reached the final of each at least five times.

Way to go Federer #17

Federer has the highest number of major titles (17), has appeared in the most finals (24), and the most semi-finals (32). Federer is one of seven men to win all four majors, and the only man to have reached the final of each at least five times.

:pointstosky:

brought a tear to my eye watching him win a major for the 17th time. I've watched all 17.

Not only is he the greatest tennis player ever and quite possibly the best non-team athlete to have ever played a sport. he's a flat out humble and an incredible human being.

Way to go Federer #17

I suppose that could be true

if guys like Rosewall and Laver didn't exist.

Best ever. And no one else is even in the team picture.

Fed in his prime against Pete in his Prime -- I'd like to see it. As for best ever maybe he is but saying Pete isn't in the picture makes you look stupid

Fed in his prime against Pete in his Prime -- I'd like to see it. As for best ever maybe he is but saying Pete isn't in the picture makes you look stupid

He's destroyed Pete's records and still going strong. Pete is top five, though.

He's destroyed Pete's records and still going strong. Pete is top five, though.

as an old man Fed only beat pete 2 of 3 in exhibition. Samparas top 5 ? Unless you want to go go way back and cont lavender ( or what ever his name is ) Pete and Roger are 1-2 and yes it is very close. Borg.Mac and Connors round out the top 5 unless you go back 40-50 years. all of them are in the picture - yes Fed might be the best I still would Pet - Fed in their prime to play -- if you asked Fed even he would say that would be a 50/50 match as to who wins

as far as the whole tiger - Fed thing -- Fed's career is a few years from over with Nadal and the Serb dominating now Tiger still has a while left and is now finding his game again - BUT as of now yes fed> tiger

Fed would've kicked Pete's Ass. Sampras was a pure serve and volleyer(sp). Fed's serve is just as hard in the upper 120's - Fed has the volley's and touch around the net as well -Fed has the groundy's that Pete couldn't even comPETE (you like that):)

Sampras was my favorite - much more than Aggasi. Federer's all around game is just unbelievable and I truly believe he's the best of all time

Other's I enjoyed watching growing up. Of course the Borg, McEnroe, & Connors. Never really like connors though. I hated Lendl.

Matts Wilander was one of my favs

then you have Boris Becker - I loved the Becker Boogie

Stich - eh, not so much a fan

Rafter - hated

Edberg - I enjoyed his serve and volley game - great composure on the court as well

Michael Chang - did I tell you I played him at boy's 12 Nationals in California in 1984 :overhead: . Still never really liked him

Jim Courier - nope, something about that red hair and ugly ass backhand. I did enjoy playing an exhibition with him though this past year.

Pat Cash - no thank you

Aaron Krikstein never really did it for me either.

Noah - nope

Just to name a few :cheers:

Fed would've kicked Pete's Ass. Sampras was a pure serve and volleyer(sp). Fed's serve is just as hard in the upper 120's - Fed has the volley's and touch around the net as well -Fed has the groundy's that Pete couldn't even comPETE (you like that):)

Sampras was my favorite - much more than Aggasi. Federer's all around game is just unbelievable and I truly believe he's the best of all time

Other's I enjoyed watching growing up. Of course the Borg, McEnroe, & Connors. Never really like connors though. I hated Lendl.

Matts Wilander was one of my favs

then you have Boris Becker - I loved the Becker Boogie

Stich - eh, not so much a fan

Rafter - hated

Edberg - I enjoyed his serve and volley game - great composure on the court as well

Michael Chang - did I tell you I played him at boy's 12 Nationals in California in 1984 :overhead: . Still never really liked him

Jim Courier - nope, something about that red hair and ugly ass backhand. I did enjoy playing an exhibition with him though this past year.

Pat Cash - no thank you

Aaron Krikstein never really did it for me either.

Noah - nope

Just to name a few :cheers:

Don't count out Nadal passing him up. The guy's only 26, has a career slam, and 11 grand slam titles already.

Also, keep in mind that Federer has the misfortune to play at the same time as the greatest clay court player of all-time (Nadal) or he'd have a few more majors under his belt.

Don't count out Nadal passing him up. The guy's only 26, has a career slam, and 11 grand slam titles already.

Djocavic has already passed him. Nadal is probably a top 5-7 player ever, but was never the best of his own era. First it was Federer and then Djocavic.

Also, keep in mind that Federer has the misfortune to play at the same time as the greatest clay court player of all-time (Nadal) or he'd have a few more majors under his belt.

Fed came into his own several years before Nadal or the Serb came on the scene.

Pete had Agassi -- Fed had no one for like 4 years that was near his level of play -- once nadal came on He beat Fed like a drum more time than not at least and the Serb ( My Fav right now ) is the best in the world and should be -- was shocked Fed beat him but it was Fed's day / tourney.

I am not a Fed fan obviously as he is like a damn robot - no emotion - nor was I a Sampras fan - same reason. I liked the Connors , McEnroe , Borg , Boris , Aggasi , and now the Serb that put on a show rather than just play tennis.

IN womens always liked Serena - yeah she's a ###### but fun to watch when she goes go off (ghetto) -- Used to think Hingis was cute she was of age as she did go out with that golfer right? Sharapova is hot but too damn tall.

My Favorite growing up - was Agassi as I remember watching him at the US open in 1990 when I was a soph in HS and he still had hair LOL.. and getting his Autograph - I guess that was cool for a 15 YO kid

My Favorite growing up - was Agassi as I remember watching him at the US open in 1990 when I was a soph in HS and he still had hair LOL.. and getting his Autograph - I guess that was cool for a 15 YO kid

He didn't have hair apparently from his book that I never read. Those were extensions and he claims losing a grand slam final worrying about his hair piece falling out on center court :shocking:

so i've heard. Like I said, I haven't read the book. Did I hear he also was on crystal meth or something? Some sort of hard drug I think :thumbsdown:

Can we save the tennis talk for ghey Friday, please? TIA

Why are you playing in the club tourney, Friday?