Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Federer > Woods

Federer wins another tournament while beating Jokeovich in the finals.

32 years young. :thumbsup:

Federer wins another tournament while beating Jokeovich in the finals.

32 yearss young. :thumbsup:

Tiger would still kill him at golf. :thumbsup:

Bump as this thread just became relevant again Tiger>Federer :unsure:

:doublethumbsup:

Bump as this thread just became relevant again Tiger>Federer :unsure:

Federer's last major 2012 - Wood's 2008 :doublethumbsup:

Federer has won 3 majors since Wood's last one. :D

Tennis players rarely play past 30, golfers always play past 40.

Roger Federer and I won this thread years ago, as it's not really relevant due to Federer's current age. :music_guitarred:

And that's how you know which one is an actual sport played by athletes.

And that's how you know which one is an actual sport played by athletes.

Hey now Poker Players are on ESPN dammit - they are athletes as well. If they are I know Golfers too :unsure:

Hey now Poker Players are on ESPN dammit - they are athletes as well. If they are I know Golfers too :unsure:

Poker players sit on their asses when they compete. More like race car drivers.

Poker players sit on their asses when they compete. More like race car drivers.

In all seriousness it probably isn't athletic but damn if it isn't a toll on you. I played in a tournament to go to the WSOP main event (as I won the buy "in" in a drawing while playing cash game poker) and almost made it - It was 15 hours of Poker with a 15 min. break every 2 hours. Still wish I would have been knocked out in the first 10 minutes rather than be 32nd out of like 900 with nothing to show for it (top 16 went to the WSOP ME - free buy in which was 10K + 2K cash - bubble boy(17) getting 4400 cash).

That said I experienced it for just 1 - 15 hour (timed) day. These guys do it for like 5-6 days in a row. While it isn't by definition athletic it is taxing on the body - I know I was wiped out after.

Roger Federer and I won this thread years ago, as it's not really relevant due to Federer's current age. :music_guitarred:

Where's edjr? :unsure:

Where's edjr? :unsure:

When was his spawn due anyway? :unsure:

Last Active: Mar 26 2013 11:45

When was his spawn due anyway? :unsure:

Thanks for caring :wub:

As per discussion. FFT has spyware or my AV thinks it does.

August 19. It's a boy, all is well.

this thread is no longer relevant for at least a few months

Roger Federer and I won this thread years ago, as it's not really relevant due to Federer's current age

I think Drobs will have the last word and when the thread ends Drobs Victor! call it a hunch :dunno:

The French Open is coming up soon. I'd be willing to bet that Federer isn't going to win this one. But not too long after the French is Wimbledon. This could be his last chance for a Major I'm afraid. The sun is setting on Federer's career. :(

The French Open is coming up soon. I'd be willing to bet that Federer isn't going to win this one. But not too long after the French is Wimbledon. This could be his last chance for a Major I'm afraid. The sun is setting on Federer's career. :(

If he plays Nadal or the Serb he will lose no matter what the surface.

The true measure of how great Federer is is the fact that he is so much past his prime and still a top 3 or 4 player in the world. And is still competitive against the much younger Nadals and Djokovics. He may very-well not win another Slam event, but considering his age and the quality of the players at the top, that's certainly no bad mark on his career.

The true measure of how great Federer is is the fact that he is so much past his prime and still a top 3 or 4 player in the world. And is still competitive against the much younger Nadals and Djokovics. He may very-well not win another Slam event, but considering his age and the quality of the players at the top, that's certainly no bad mark on his career.

Even at his peak he rarely beat Nadal

Woods>Federer :ninja:

Even at his peak he rarely beat Nadal

Woods>Federer :ninja:

Nadal could have been another all-time great. Injuries and inconsistency prevented that. Two things that Federer managed to avoid, which attributes to his ridiculous Slam numbers.

Woods misses the cut and Federer makes another grand slam Semi-Final.

:clap:

career earnings ? current world rankings ?

:lol:

Career Majors?

Well? also, weather conditions, level and qnty of comeptetion, net placement each day of the tourney ? wait in lame tennis the conditions are identical every day other than weather sometimes :lol:

17 to 14

:clap:

Because tennis is an actual sport where athleticism is key, Federer is on the downslope of his career. He will go down in history as the best male tennis player of all-time. To compare their world rankings at this age is the ultimate cherry picking of stats to fit an argument. If tennis were like golf and you got to stand still and conditioning played no role, Federer would remain #1 for another ten years. The fact that Woods hasn't won a major in five years, despite being ranked #1 for a majority of that time, may be the biggest example of choking when the pressure is on in sports history.

Because tennis is an actual sport where athleticism is key, Federer is on the downslope of his career. He will go down in history as the best male tennis player of all-time. To compare their world rankings at this age is the ultimate cherry picking of stats to fit an argument. If tennis were like golf and you got to stand still and conditioning played no role, Federer would remain #1 for another ten years. The fact that Woods hasn't won a major in five years, despite being ranked #1 for a majority of that time, may be the biggest example of choking when the pressure is on in sports history.

We need a choke emoticon just for Cheater Woods

Roger won ANOTHER tournament this weekend, how did your hero do?

Quit again? :lol:

Roger Federer won a record sixth Dubai Championships -- and 78th career title -- by beating Tomas Berdych 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 in the final on Saturday.

Federer, who maintains a home in Dubai, delighted a packed stadium of fans who seemed biased for the Swiss in back-to-back wins over Novak Djokovic in the semifinals and Berdych.

"Things definitely went my way out here tonight," Federer said. "I've had a lot of tough matches in the last year and a half so it was nice to get a lucky break again."

The victory was hard fought as Federer lost the first serve and his serve in the second to trail 3-2.

Federer's win, his sixth here in the last 12 years, extends his record of winning at least one title a year to 14 consecutive years.

This is Federer's first tournament victory since winning in Halle, his only title of 2013, last spring.

Federer improved his record over Berdych to 12-6 with the win. The last time they played, however, Berdych beat Federer in the Dubai semifinals last year.

"He's the greatest player of all time and he'll never give up and give you anything for free," Berdych said. "I knew that and thought I was ready for it, but my execution wasn't good enough to hold it to the end."

The loss ended Berdych's longest winning streak of his career at 11 matches.

In the first set, the fourth-seeded Federer's forehand looked shaky and he appeared a step slow.

After exchanging early service breaks, the third-seeded Berdych snared the go-ahead break in the sixth game. On a second break point at 30-40, Federer netted a backhand to lose serve.

In the second set, there was another early exchange of breaks. From 4-4, Federer won the final eight points of the set to even the set score.

"Everything happens very, very quickly and I was looking for better serving because that's what let me down the most in the beginning, getting broken three times in five, six service games," Federer said.

Both players had break opportunities in the first two games of the third set -- Berdych three and Federer one -- but each held.

Federer secured his way to victory when he broke Berdych on a second break point in the fourth game.

The Swiss faced two break points on his serve in the seventh game but held on for 5-2.

Berdych was able to save two Federer match points on his own serve in the eighth game. But the Czech couldn't stop Federer from serving out. On Federer's third match point at 40-15 in the ninth game, Berdych netted a backhand return.

"The match started pretty well and I had many chances," Berdych said. "It's very disappointing for me the way I handled that situation."

Ranking update ?

Career major update?