Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

How much ace is this thing gonna kick! Im truly amped for this flick like no other for a long time. The Matrix gave me similar ampage, but that was almost 10 yrs ago and I was a young-un. Its at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes from the critics that have seen it so far and a few liberal journalists are already pisssed at the "Bush/Anglo" vs "Terrorist/Arab" overtones that are very prevalent throughout the movie.

This thing is gonna rule. :banana:

WHITE POWER!!

Joking bout the WP part.

How much ace is this thing gonna kick!

I don't think it can be put to words exactly how focking awesome this movie is going to be. And to make things even better, I'm going to be seeing it at an IMAX theatre, stoned out of my mind. Can't focking wait til Friday!! :banana: :mad:

Meh. I'll wait until it comes out on dvd, if that. Looks like the whole movie was made on a computer, from the previews. Almost like a video game or something. Hope I'm wrong. :banana:

Meh. I'll wait until it comes out on dvd, if that. Looks like the whole movie was made on a computer, from the previews. Almost like a video game or something. Hope I'm wrong. :banana:

To each his own. :banana:

To each his own. :banana:

Agreed. :banana: If the acting is good, maybe I'll check it out. I'm to the point now that I have seen plenty of eye candy in movies. I want some substance dammit. Can't beat a good story line/good acting. Not even with the eye candy.

Agreed. :banana: If the acting is good, maybe I'll check it out. I'm to the point now that I have seen plenty of eye candy in movies. I want some substance dammit. Can't beat a good story line/good acting. Not even with the eye candy.

the story SHOULD be good... i mean the background of the plot is the whole war of sparta thing... not too many things more classic than greek mythology... i think it would take A LOT for this movie to be bad...

can't wait to see it :huh:

spoiler alert: the spartans all get killed.

no way :banana:

Agreed. :banana: If the acting is good, maybe I'll check it out.

Well I'll be sure to post a review for ya Friday night/Saturday morning, and I'm sure others will be doing the same. Maybe we can convince you to go see it. :banana:

Going to see it Saturday

But still kinda on the "meh" scale for me. Waaay too much CGI. :banana:

If you are expecting Braveheart cinematography you will be disappointed. If you are expecting Braveheart in a comic world come to life, you will love it. The CGI was only used for the background as they wanted a strict carbon copy of each frame from the comic, nothing in the real world resembles the scenes of that comic (or graphic novel). I think it will be a great movie AND a beautiful piece of art which we just dont get enough of these days.

I can't wait for this movie either. Luckily we have an imax theater so it should be bad ass. Based on a true story so nobody can complain about the white power thing. Plus, there were like 20,000 arabs, if they couldn't win, they deserve to be ridiculed.

"Then we'll fight in the shade." Bad fockin ass.

Plus, there were like 20,000 arabs, if they couldn't win, they deserve to be ridiculed.

they "win" ... they just cheat...

I can't wait for this movie either. Luckily we have an imax theater so it should be bad ass. Based on a true story so nobody can complain about the white power thing. Plus, there were like 20,000 arabs, if they couldn't win, they deserve to be ridiculed.

"Then we'll fight in the shade." Bad fockin ass.

Persians

It does look pretty great, I am looking forward to downloading it this weeked.

It does look pretty great, I am looking forward to downloading it this weeked.

THIEF!!! :thumbsup:

Damn, I wish I knew how to do that. :banana:

THIEF!!! :dunno:

Damn, I wish I knew how to do that. :lol:

there are alot of different ways to pirate.

Limewire is the easiest but the worst way.

Torrents are better, check out torrentspy.com, it is a good way to get movies, albums, games, etc.

I use a forum...

there are alot of different ways to pirate.

Limewire is the easiest but the worst way.

Torrents are better, check out torrentspy.com, it is a good way to get movies, albums, games, etc.

I use a forum...

Why would you want to ruin the movie experience? This is gonna be an epic, to be viewed on nothing smaller than a 100 foot screen. Big Mammas House 3 I can understand ripping, but 300? No way man, I implore you, rip it for later but your first screening should be theater style. Come on , its 7 bucks!

Why would you want to ruin the movie experience? This is gonna be an epic, to be viewed on nothing smaller than a 100 foot screen. Big Mammas House 3 I can understand ripping, but 300? No way man, I implore you, rip it for later but your first screening should be theater style. Come on , its 7 bucks!

I didnt say steal this movie, he wanted to know how to do it in general. And yea, I agree, movies like this should be watched on the big screen.

spoiler alert: the spartans all get killed.

Damnit :ninja:

Isn't it from the same people who made Sin City? If so, I will wait. Sin City blew.

Isn't it from the same people who made Sin City? If so, I will wait. Sin City blew.

Like Sin City, it's based of a Frank Miller graphic novel, but I don't think the movie was made by the same people.

That said, yeah it looks like it will suck in its own right.

Like Sin City, it's based of a Frank Miller graphic novel, but I don't think the movie was made by the same people.

That said, yeah it looks like it will suck in its own right.

Yeah, if you loved Breakfast at Tiffany's, you'll hate this.

yeah... it's not by any means going to be "the best story/ most classic movie ever" but it should be good

although i saw on TV yesterday that it only took 60 days to shoot... and done almost entirely with blue screen (no surprise there)

I haven't watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, so I'll have to take your word for it.

From the stills and whatnot I've seen it looks like dogshit. Having a good story to start with doesn't make it a good movie, unless you're a simple-minded dipshit who has already decided it's going to be the most kick-ass movie ever before he's seen it. HTH.

Almost all of the movie was shot on a green screen. The reason that they did this was not only so they could replicate the imagery form the comic, but to also make the environments themselves a character in the movie. Apparently, things like the clouds in the background were manipulated to evoke a specific feeling or theme throughout different scenes in the movie. furthermore, they actually used CGI to make the film look more realistic.

WN: Why did you decide to shoot this indoors?

Snyder: I wanted to get at the book as much as I could. Shooting outside, we couldn't control the skies and lighting to the extent I wanted to. And the landscapes are different than in real life. They don't exist in the real world, only in Frank Miller's imagination.

WN: Did you worry that filming on sound stages would make the action seem unreal?

Snyder: I didn't want the movie to feel like it was shot out of a computer. I wanted you to feel that it was made by humans. We shot the movie on film and added a lot of grain back into it. For the fight scenes, we added flares, dirt on the lenses -- none of which was there when we filmed it. Putting that stuff in spoke to the organic process of making a film, just as if we were standing out in a field. But in our case it was everyone standing in front of a blue screen.

WN: So there are dirt-on-the-lens plug-ins now? You can actually put the imperfections back into the process?

Snyder: That's the crazy part. We learned how to create a pristine image and now we are working to ###### it up again. Part of the technology now is used to make it look like you didn't use the technology.

Snyder: Films do look different, but a tree's usually a tree and a rock's a rock. In our case, the trees are weird. But we aren't trying to be Lord of the Rings.

If you ask a digital artist to do a (computer-generated) shot, maybe a glass dropping on the ground, you can show it to anyone and ask, "Does that look real?" They'll say "yes" or "no." With 300, I was asking my artists to create something that looks surreal or fantastic, to create environments that were impossible. I was asking them to be artists again, to be expressive, to express their own emotions through the skies and landscapes.

WN: Did you go through the film scene by scene and manipulate the backdrops to match the emotional impact you were after?

Snyder: Absolutely, I would adjust the sky in every scene so it reflects the mood of my actors. It was like a big mood ring.

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,72775-...l?tw=wn_index_1

any female nudity? :lol:

I will most likely see it in the theater as well.

I haven't watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, so I'll have to take your word for it.

From the stills and whatnot I've seen it looks like dogshit. Having a good story to start with doesn't make it a good movie, unless you're a simple-minded dipshit who has already decided it's going to be the most kick-ass movie ever before he's seen it. HTH.

Your gayness amazes me.

Your gayness amazes me.

I'm not the one who brought up Breakfast at Tiffany's. :dunno:

Been pumped for this since I saw the trailer a couple months ago. Going to see it friday night :wall:

Too bad they're taking an amazing story and turning into an historically inaccurate, mindless gorefest.

:clap:

Too bad they're taking an amazing story and turning into an historically inaccurate, mindless gorefest.

:thumbsup:

You're right, because in reality, the 10,000 deaths that day were done very tastefully in the hopes that one day an accurate movie would tell the true story. As far as mindless, could you be more spot on! Nothing says "Genius Savant" like 300 naked men taking on a million in 480 BC.

Do you smell your own farts while contemplating trivial nature of humanity?

Anyone who is interested in the "story"...should read Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield....I just finished re-reading it and it was a terrific book. It is fiction however for all of those people who get nuts about history.

I think this movie beat Gates to production because I had seen that Michael Mann was set to direct and Clooney was rumored to play Leonidas (the tonight we dine in hell guy)

Ill see the movie but Im a little annoyed with certain liberties taken..."the fight in the shade line" is used by a greek special forces unit and is actually attibuted to someone in the Spartan 300...I dont even see that guys name in the credits.....what harm is there in using the names of some of the real guys?