Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Label Society

David Carr/Dominick Davis Released - Per NFL Network

Just in case ANYone cares. :banana:

wow. i thought they'd be able to get some kind of pick for carr. that's pretty surprising

I know..that's why I posted it. I can't believe they flat out cut him.

I looked and looked and didn't see any threads about it, so I figured WTF.

Pretty crazy....so if I understand this correctly, he can be picked up for anything teams offer (barring of course he accepts it), but they don't have to honor his old contract right?

C'mon Vikes....give the guy a chance. You just NEVER know.

I know..that's why I posted it. I can't believe they flat out cut him.

I looked and looked and didn't see any threads about it, so I figured WTF.

Pretty crazy....so if I understand this correctly, he can be picked up for anything teams offer (barring of course he accepts it), but they don't have to honor his old contract right?

C'mon Vikes....give the guy a chance. You just NEVER know.

I agree, then they can use their #7 pick on someone other than Quinn. :banana:

wow. i thought they'd be able to get some kind of pick for carr. that's pretty surprising

nah, there's no way anyone was going to trade for him cause then the new team would have to assume his ridiculous contract - and Joey Harrington can be had for like $1 mil... and they are basically the same QB...

I agree, then they can use their #7 pick on someone other than Quinn. :banana:

Brady Quinn has BUST written ALL over him.

He'd (Carr) be nice insurance in the event that Tavaris is dumber than a box of rocks.

nah, there's no way anyone was going to trade for him cause then the new team would have to assume his ridiculous contract - and Joey Harrington can be had for like $1 mil... and they are basically the same QB...

Bingo. Now he will be signed to a 2 year, 2.5 million or something.

Hopefully, he'll go to Cleveland. I really hope he doesn't go to the Raiders.

i believe a team could have renegotiated his contract as part of the trade. of course, he would have had to agree to the reduced salary.

Also, he changed his name to Dominick WILLIAMS. Supposedly because he wanted to make a clean start. Looks like he got his wish.

Al Davis is probably on the phone to him now, telling him how great his uncle was as a Raider, and how he was also born to be one etc etc.

Not to mention Kiffin is probably selling him some Kool Aid as well. considering he was on the Fresno State staff when Carr was there.

Bet he will be a Raider within days. :blink:

Bingo. Now he will be signed to a 2 year, 2.5 million or something.

Hopefully, he'll go to Cleveland. I really hope he doesn't go to the Raiders.

Brooks and Collins both made around 5 million a year whilst with Oakland, Carr WAS due $6.75M this year , harrinngton got a $3m a year deal last year IIRC.

No way Carr plays for less than $4 million.

Al Davis will probably see it as another "Project Jim Plunkett "and will be willing to pay him that.

As an Andre Johnson owner, this is FANTASTIC news. No longer will this POS hold back AJ.

:blink:

Add to that the humiliation of 'Carr, no one wants you, so we are releasing you so that you may quickly infect some other team with your sucky play'.

:wacko:

Also, he changed his name to Dominick WILLIAMS. Supposedly because he wanted to make a clean start. Looks like he got his wish.

I'm aware of that. Thank you, lawnmaster.

I used Davis because that's what everyone relates to. He changed his name early last year.

even though i dont think Carr is a good qb, its insulting to compare him to joey harrington

I dare any Carr basher to say he could not help the Vikings at this point. Being we have McKinnie, Hutchinson and Birk protecting his blindside instead of saloon doors 1,2 and 3, maybe the guy could do something. Although I am not quite sure who exactly he would throw the ball to.

even though i dont think Carr is a good qb, its insulting to compare him to joey harrington

uh, sorry, but career numbers point to a very similiar level of play...

Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |

+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Joey | 70 | 1209 2190 55.2 12478 5.7 72 77 | 128 369 0

Carr | 76 | 1243 2070 60.0 13391 6.5 59 65 | 269 1233 8

the only major difference is in the rushing yards for Carr... which is funny, cause i never think of him as a 'mobile' QB....

The Panthers need a good backup, maybe Carr will go there!

(Here comes the Carr bashers saying he wouldn't be a good backup)

as a CAR fan, i would love for either him or Joey to come in as the backup for around $1 mil w/ incentives - as i believe that was Joey's actual salary (not including bonuses) w/ MIA last season

i honestly don't see Carr (unless he's the starter somewhere) signing for more than $3 mil this year...

don't see lynch falling out of the top-10 now. that about seals it.

The Texans can't take Lynch. I think the Schaub signing absolutely forces them to take the best lineman available, probably Levi Jones.

I dare any Carr basher to say he could not help the Vikings at this point. Being we have McKinnie, Hutchinson and Birk protecting his blindside instead of saloon doors 1,2 and 3, maybe the guy could do something. Although I am not quite sure who exactly he would throw the ball to.

Anyone who gets sacked as much a Carr did can't blame it all on the O-Line. Carr will get sacked allot where ever he goes.

I just hope he doesnt come to Oakland.

Why did people want Garcia and fear Carr?

Becuase Garcia, even though he would start has no time left.

Carr at 28, despite being a joke, might just be the right age for Davis to convince himself he doesn't need JR or Quinn and can resurrect this bust as he's failed to do so many times before.

For some reason Carr is some sort of golden boy,who's bad play and failure to develop is always blamed on the Texans, it's not the Texans fault he has no pocket awareness and can't make the throws because of that awkward delivery, or the Texans fault that sidearm leads to many balls getting picked and batted down.

Carr is your man if you want a QB to dump the ball off in the flat, he's awesome, little 5 yard slants? Carr is your guy. You don't need CJ to catch 5 yard hooks and outs.

Carr looks like Walter does, but he's had 5 years experience.

This is why i fear Carr, he's just young enough and he has this teflon coating.

Is JR is the QB we've been looking for most of the last 30 years? Maybe, maybe not. Is Quinn? - Ditto.

Is Carr? NO CHANCE.

I'd personally rather take a flyer on Carr and not invest a $30 mill signing bonus on JR or Quinn. CJ on the other hand is worth the signing bonus.

Carr at 28, despite being a joke, might just be the right age for Davis to convince himself he doesn't need JR or Quinn and can resurrect this bust as he's failed to do so many times before.

For some reason Carr is some sort of golden boy,who's bad play and failure to develop is always blamed on the Texans, it's not the Texans fault he has no pocket awareness and can't make the throws because of that awkward delivery, or the Texans fault that sidearm leads to many balls getting picked and batted down.

Carr is your man if you want a QB to dump the ball off in the flat, he's awesome, little 5 yard slants? Carr is your guy. You don't need CJ to catch 5 yard hooks and outs.

Is JR is the QB we've been looking for most of the last 30 years? Maybe, maybe not. Is Quinn? - Ditto.

Is Carr? NO CHANCE.

The Texans can't take Lynch. I think the Schaub signing absolutely forces them to take the best lineman available, probably Levi Jones.

I think you meant Levi Brown, correct?

I'd personally rather take a flyer on Carr and not invest a $30 mill signing bonus on JR or Quinn.

Exactly. A team (hopefully the Vikings) can make him a decent offer with a couple year term, and if he doesn't work out, that team is out a relatively small amount of money. Unless some team makes him some obscene offer, there's really nothing to lose by signing him.

hmmmm..

They passed on Bush and Young why again?

oh yeah...set at QB and RB

lmao. :dunno:

You mean those same guys that gave up 43 sacks last year? Thats tied for 9th worst in the league.

You mean those same guys that gave up 43 sacks last year? Thats tied for 9th worst in the league.

Yeah those guys. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that either you or I at this very moment have more mobility than Brad Johnson. Last season Brad Johnson made Dan Marino look like Willie Gault. Frankly I am surprised that number wasn't much higher.

Yeah those guys. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that either you or I at this very moment have more mobility than Brad Johnson. Last season Brad Johnson made Dan Marino look like Willie Gault. Frankly I am surprised that number wasn't much higher.

The Vikings have been giving up sacks for quite a long time now...Johnson, Culpepper, and Jackson over the past several years have all seen the roof of the baggy dome quite often.

Jackson played in 4 games and was sacked 8 times.

Culpepper was on his ass 30-40 times every season in Minny.

The Vikings have been giving up sacks for quite a long time now...Johnson, Culpepper, and Jackson over the past several years have all seen the roof of the baggy dome quite often.

Jackson played in 4 games and was sacked 8 times.

Culpepper was on his ass 30-40 times every season in Minny.

Daunte had the same problem Carr does, he refused to get rid of the ball. Jackson should not have been on the field last season or this season. He isn't ready to play. Johnson couldn't evade a pass rush of you, me, swamp dog and walter. I will take the linemen here over the quarterbacks that have played every day.

It said in the RedStar today the Vikings told Carr's agent they have no interest. Yet they current employ a quarterback from your state that should not have a job in the NFL, solely because Bevel and Bollinger must have some compelling photos of Childress. There is no other reason he should be on a roster. I can't think of one good thing he can do and there is no way Carr couldn't offer more than him. My club here is having some serious issues.

I will add one other problem. Childress' coaching style really doesn't make sense sometimes. You should put your players in the best position to succeed with their skill sets. He came in and made the linemen run zone blocking schemes. It is something these guys had never done, especially McKinnie and Hutchinson, and they struggled quite a bit with it. But he refused to change. They got a little better as they went along but still didn't completely pick it up. I really do worry about this coach. He really doesn't seem to get it.

Daunte had the same problem Carr does, he refused to get rid of the ball. Jackson should not have been on the field last season or this season. He isn't ready to play. Johnson couldn't evade a pass rush of you, me, swamp dog and walter. I will take the linemen here over the quarterbacks that have played every day.

It said in the RedStar today the Vikings told Carr's agent they have no interest. Yet they current employ a quarterback from your state that should not have a job in the NFL, solely because Bevel and Bollinger must have some compelling photos of Childress. There is no other reason he should be on a roster. I can't think of one good thing he can do and there is no way Carr couldn't offer more than him. My club here is having some serious issues.

At some point you cannot just keep blaming every single QB...you have to look to the line and realize they are very good run blockers...but just so-so to below average pass blockers.

And when the poster brought up McKinnie as if he was a stud, I almost spit my water onto the keyboard.

I agree about Bollinger. And have always been surprised that he has hung around in the NFL this long. He was a decent college QB because he was mobile enough and could run an option here and there. But I guess Bevell (who was a mediocre QB for UW also) must have something for the Badger...

At some point you cannot just keep blaming every single QB...you have to look to the line and realize they are very good run blockers...but just so-so to below average pass blockers.

And when the poster brought up McKinnie as if he was a stud, I almost spit my water onto the keyboard.

I agree about Bollinger. And have always been surprised that he has hung around in the NFL this long. He was a decent college QB because he was mobile enough and could run an option here and there. But I guess Bevell (who was a mediocre QB for UW also) must have something for the Badger...

My personal opinion is now with Hutchinson here, Childress should let his guys do what they do best instead of trying to mold them into some idea he has about fitting round holes into square pegs.

I do think you can blame the quarterbacks when their names were Culpepper and Brad Johnson. Daunte had a few excellent years, thanks alot to Randy Moss, but he had many issues after he didn't have Moss to throw it to and these guys are not Manning and Brady or in your case Favre.

One other crazy thing to remember. Childress really wanted to play Bollinger when Johnson sucked continuously, but he got hurt right away. Jackson never would have played because this guy wanted Bollinger in there. I really don't get that. The guy is not good at one thing.

Bottom line for me is I am very worried about this offensive coaching staff. I think Childress is going to lead them into the ground again and waste another year of wear on the line and Chester Taylor. I do not have high hopes this season, due in large part to the receivers, quarterbacks for this season and his bad schemes and suspect personnel choices. How you can have zero interest in Carr and rip on him when you have Bollinger on your roster is way, way beyond me.

Is Carr? NO CHANCE.

Excellent post. How it is that people cannot see this is beyond logic. He's like the John Gotti of NFL QB's. Nothing sticks to him. Blame is throw around yet never at him. I know he sucks. I've known it for 3+ years now. Everything posted above is correct.

Ok. Help how?

Will he ever take you to the playoffs? No.

Will he even ever have a winning 16 game season. No.

Will he post big sack numbers for the Vikings. Yes.

Will he be blamed. No.

You want to be mediocre? Go get Carr.

Excellent post. How it is that people cannot see this is beyond logic. He's like the John Gotti of NFL QB's. Nothing sticks to him. Blame is throw around yet never at him. I know he sucks. I've known it for 3+ years now. Everything posted above is correct.

Ok. Help how?

Will he be blamed. No.

If you honestly believe Schaub will be a better QB than Carr given the same talent level that the Texans have right now, then I give you props because I honestly don't see it. Carr does deserve to take some, not ALL, of the blame like you seem to think no question about it. Whatever portion of the blame is debatable, 1/2, 3/4 whatever.

Let me ask you this..what really did the Texans do as a franchise to help out Carr when he was drafted? Draft one WR, Andre Johnson, and perhaps Domanick Davis off and on for a few years! No stud offensive linemen, no compliment to AJ, no stud TE. The Texans still have no clue as to how to build a winning franchise. I blame the Texans as an organization for the failure of the team more than I do put it on David Carr. It's very tough to get to the playoffs and win with less than stellar all around talent. You should know that....

Will he be blamed. No.

Fine - Carr was clearly keeping the Texans from being something special. Therefore, based on this and your other posts we can presume that those questions, if posed for the 2007 season, will have the following answers:

Will Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels, etc. take you to the playoffs? YES

Will Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels, etc. even have a winning 16 game season. YES

Will Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels, etc. post big sack numbers for the Texans. NO

It should be an interesting season....

Will he be blamed. No.

In case you didn't watch a Viking game last season or check out their current group of quarterbacks, mediocre would be a vast improvement.

Ask yourself those same questions about Brooks Bollinger and see what answers you come up with.

Bottom line for me is I am very worried about this offensive coaching staff. I think Childress is going to lead them into the ground again and waste another year of wear on the line and Chester Taylor. I do not have high hopes this season, due in large part to the receivers, quarterbacks for this season and his bad schemes and suspect personnel choices.

Not to rub things in, but as a Packer fan I thank the Lord every day that the Vikes were first to interview Childress and wouldn't allow him to board the plane to GB to interview for their HC position. Living in Viking country I certainly got a lot of guff from my friends who are Viking fans about how they got the cream of the crop of new coaches while GB got some nobody coordinator from San Francisco. They haven't said a whole lot lately. What's that saying? "But for the grace of God go I." Thank you Minnesota front office.