Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Moss to be traded to NE for the 127th pick

ESPN reports a trade between NE and Oak. Moss for a 4th rounder, 127th.

My how the mighty have fallen. Moss considered no better than 126 other players in a single draft, :doh:

Here is the link:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10156954

I have to admit, I am shocked at this. I never thought he would be a Patriot. As a Pats fan, I am not sure how to feel. I definitely think it is worth trying out at the reduced price and it could be huge. I hope he has his sh!t together and is willing to perform in this system.

DIdn't the Pats used to be the poster boys for having a roster full of good-character guys? :dunno:

I'm shocked that Billichek didn't learn anything when the Eagles strayed from that policy to take a chance on Owens.

highway robbery...

you'd think they could get more than a 4th round pick???? you guys can be down on moss all you want, but he is still a freak of nature... they said he ran a confirmed 4.29 40yd dash... (granted i know the timing is shaky) but still. Sure he sucked in oakland... randy is a quitter... but on a team that wins randy is gonna go apesh1t... he'll keep is mouth shut and catch balls.

if the pats start losin however :dunno:

Cripes, as a Vikings fan, I hate this. Moss is a great player and should thrive at NE.

Here is the link:

I have to admit, I am shocked at this. I never thought he would be a Patriot. As a Pats fan, I am not sure how to feel. I definitely think it is worth trying out at the reduced price and it could be huge. I hope he has his sh!t together and is willing to perform in this system.

It appears as though the system is evolving. The addition of Moss and Stallworth should redefine the system. The vertical game is going to spread the field wide open for Maroney to find some seams.

Here is the link:

Moss said he wanted to go to N.E. cause he wanted to win a championship.... cause of that, you know that he's not gonna quit on the team, and you know he's gonna be the Moss of old.

This sucks for the Dolphins/Jets/Bills, cause whatever slim hope they had at winning that division and making the playoffs have now evaporated.

Hell, this makes Moss draftable in the top 5 rounds this year, and even more scary is that this actually makes Brady draftable in the top 5.

for the record, I still loath the patriots, and I think Brady is average at best, but this is huge and will guarantee that the Pats make the playoffs

I think the only way this is a steal for the Patriots is if Moss restructures his contract, he is getting paid $9.75 million this year and like $11 million in 2008. He will have to restructure this for it to even work for tht Pats. I hate the Pats, I just don't understand how many receivers one team can bring in, in one offseason. What do they have 11 receivers now????

Bioli.

:wall:

I'm gonna pick Stallworth, Moss, Maroney, and Brady with my first four picks in the Mephisto League. :mad:

:wall:

I think the only way this is a steal for the Patriots is if Moss restructures his contract, he is getting paid $9.75 million this year and like $11 million in 2008. He will have to restructure this for it to even work for tht Pats. I hate the Pats, I just don't understand how many receivers one team can bring in, in one offseason. What do they have 11 receivers now????

he is restructuring. Moss told ESPN yesterday (Or at least it was leaked yesterday, and reitterated today) that he WILL re-structure his contract for N.E., but WONT re-structure for the Raiders.... even further cementing the fact that he was gonna get traded.

Moss is a great player and should thrive at NE.

This is correct, Moss will give an effort now and completely go off in NE. He has no choice, they can pull him out anytime say fock off and still win the SB. Hes just a small piece of a large puzzle here.

To recap, this is how the Pats first day ended up looking:

#24 - Brandon Merriweather

#28 - Traded for SF's 1st in 2008 and a 4th, which ended up being Randy Moss

#50 - Traded (along with a 7th) for Wes Welker

DIdn't the Pats used to be the poster boys for having a roster full of good-character guys? :dunno:

I'm shocked that Billichek didn't learn anything when the Eagles strayed from that policy to take a chance on Owens.

they threw that good guy image away when they signed rodney harrison years back...

To recap, this is how the Pats first day ended up looking:

#24 - Brandon Merriweather

#28 - Traded for SF's 1st in 2008 and a 4th, which ended up being Randy Moss

#50 - Traded (along with a 7th) for Wes Welker

Belichick/Pioli = best head coach/GM combo of all time in the NFL. Without question.

i wanted him to go to green bay so i could watch them. :shocking:

maybe they will trade him to gb for more. :dunno:

If he plays for the pats, they need to do one thing every game. Throw one Deep ball to Moss and allow him to go after and out jump his defender. Not one per game though, one every quarter. Just one down a quarter. I think in those type of situations, Moss would turn at least 1 for a TD or big yardage every game. Prolly closer to half in reality.

Funny how i said the raiders should trade him for a 2nd or 3rd, then later backed off and said a 3rd, but i got blasted. Check the "how can dolphins pass on quinn" thread. True story.

Funny how i said the raiders should trade him for a 2nd or 3rd, then later backed off and said a 3rd, but i got blasted. Check the "how can dolphins pass on quinn" thread. True story.

Funny how you are still wrong yet want to crow about it. :D

ETA: Link to where you backed off to just a 3rd?????

DIdn't the Pats used to be the poster boys for having a roster full of good-character guys? :huh:

Media creation. (the character thing)

It certainly goes into consideration but the Patriots have the leadership to keep the attitudes in check. How often have you heard of an active New England Patriot that got in trouble with the law during their tenure with the team? :P

They've brought in plenty of guys that have had shaky reputations (Cox, Harrison, Dillon, Seau) and none of them appeared to be a distraction. The coaching staff and the veterans in the locker room command respect and this is the best possible situation for Moss to stand in line and succeed.

for the record, I still loath the patriots, and I think Brady is average at best, but this is huge and will guarantee that the Pats make the playoffs

For the record, you're still a f*cking idiot. "Average at best?" Shoot yourself, please. :banana:

Media creation. (the character thing)

It certainly goes into consideration but the Patriots have the leadership to keep the attitudes in check. How often have you heard of an active New England Patriot that got in trouble with the law during their tenure with the team? :banana:

They've brought in plenty of guys that have had shaky reputations (Cox, Harrison, Dillon, Seau) and none of them appeared to be a distraction. The coaching staff and the veterans in the locker room command respect and this is the best possible situation for Moss to stand in line and succeed.

good points. if he had gone to gb he would be a stand out and potentially his ego would come into play. not a chance in ne. favre would have been the only one keeping him in check. it prolly would work out but going to the pats is a safer play.

I guess they're just over-compensating for last year when they had none! You know a team's recievers suck ass when you draft the QB as your ff QB and afterwards start trying to figure out who he's going to throw the focking ball to. :dunno:

I guess they're just over-compensating for last year when they had none! You know a team's recievers suck ass when you draft the QB as your ff QB and afterwards start trying to figure out who he's going to throw the focking ball to. :D

what do girls know about football anyway? :dunno:

This is correct, Moss will give an effort now and completely go off in NE. He has no choice, they can pull him out anytime say fock off and still win the SB. Hes just a small piece of a large puzzle here.

:dunno: Not to mention he's been in the NFL for focking forever and the most important thing to him at this point is actually having a chance at a SB. He has that with the Pats and will work his ass off to make sure he helps make that happen.

what do girls know about football anyway? :huh:

girls who are football fans and play fantasy football every year (and is the commish of my home league) tend to know a little more about the game than those who don't. :P

HTH :D

:dunno: Not to mention he's been in the NFL for focking forever and the most important thing to him at this point is actually having a chance at a SB. He has that with the Pats and will work his ass off to make sure he helps make that happen.

Champ Bailey won't let that happen in January.

2/3 of the world is covered by water

the other 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey :D

Champ Bailey won't let that happen in January.

2/3 of the world is covered by water

the other 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey :thumbsup:

I think he'll make a damn good run for it at least. They are looking to have a pretty steller O line this year. Kinda scary. :thumbsup:

I think he'll make a damn good run for it at least. They are looking to have a pretty steller O line this year. Kinda scary. :thumbsup:

Shut up and cook, you squeeky head on a pleasure box.

For the record, you're still a f*cking idiot. "Average at best?" Shoot yourself, please. :thumbsup:

It is just piss poor fishing on his part. Just ignore him. :thumbsup:

Shut up and cook, you squeeky head on a pleasure box.

Squeeky head on a pleasure box??? :thumbsup: Uhm, OK.....

And grilling has already been completed. Fish was stellar! :thumbsup: :dunno:

girls who are football fans and play fantasy football every year (and is the commish of my home league) tend to know a little more about the game than those who don't. :P

HTH :thumbsup:

but have you won? :dunno:

any tard with a cheat sheet can play. :thumbsup: