Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

NBA Ref fixed games for mobsters

If they are found guilty, send them to jail for sure.

I hope the other sports leagues are taking notice, because I am absolutely CERTAIN it has happened in the NFL, MLB, and in college sports as well... :thumbsdown:

If they are found guilty, send them to jail for sure.

I hope the other sports leagues are taking notice, because I am absolutely CERTAIN it has happened in the NFL, MLB, and in college sports as well... :thumbsdown:

*cough*tuckrule*cough*

PARIS HILTON SENTENCED TO 40 DAYS IN JAIL!!!

fock off ahole.

i scanned the board to see if someone else already posted it.

I Knew It, didnt resonate with me

*cough*tuckrule*cough*

LOL....good point....

I called this out in a few football games last year, right here on this site. But of course, the fans of those teams who benefitted were not inclined to accept such a notion.

NFL refs are constantly making questionable non-calls.....I think they do a pretty good job of calling overall, but in certain games there have been VERY suspicious selective calling of penalties. :thumbsdown:

well well well well well well well..............

who said the NBA is fixed? Hey I did.

who said some officials have agendas or are told what to do? Hey I did.

who said that one day an official is gonna write a book/admit or get caught fixing games? Hey I did.

who said many times I was crazy or a crybaby for claiming this? Hey Tarheel did.

:thumbsdown: Tip o the iceberg :banana:

Kind of sad that some people would get enjoyment out of a development such as this just because they don't enjoy a certain sport. When the integrity of one sport comes in to question, especially as the result of an official, it puts the integrity of every sport in question.

:thumbsdown:

I knew that wasn't a foul on that one play.

well well well well well well well..............

who said the NBA is fixed? Hey I did.

who said some officials have agendas or are told what to do? Hey I did.

who said that one day an official is gonna write a book/admit or get caught fixing games? Hey I did.

who said many times I was crazy or a crybaby for claiming this? Hey Tarheel did.

:banana: Tip o the iceberg :wave:

I remember.....

Please also keep in mind that I was the one calling out the NFL refs during certain games and also got called a crybaby for it....lessee how far this little rock tumbles... :thumbsdown:

Kind of sad that some people would get enjoyment out of a development such as this just because they don't enjoy a certain sport. When the integrity of one sport comes in to question, especially as the result of an official, it puts the integrity of every sport in question.

i think it's more the vindication for everyone who has been claiming the NBA is rigged than joy.

i think it's more the vindication for everyone who has been claiming the NBA is rigged than joy.

Yeah, but look at the reaction even from the small group of people that have replied in these two threads. You've already got people talking about the NFL and the tuck rule. This validates every suspicion anyone has about reffing in any sport. And in most cases people will be wrong. It's just a sad day for sports, all sports, when the integrity of any of them is in question.

MLS > NBA :thumbsdown:

MLS > NBA :thumbsdown:

:banana:

Bend it like Benoit Benjamin

Yeah, but look at the reaction even from the small group of people that have replied in these two threads. You've already got people talking about the NFL and the tuck rule. This validates every suspicion anyone has about reffing in any sport. And in most cases people will be wrong. It's just a sad day for sports, all sports, when the integrity of any of them is in question.

I see your point but is anything in this world exempt from being corrupt? Of course not so we are merely making fun of the fact that this world is screwed and no one can hide from it. You might as well relax and enjoy the twisted ride that you are on in this life.

ETA: POST # 6900 ! woot woot

I see your point but is anything in this world exempt from being corrupt? Of course not so we are merely making fun of that fact that this world is screwed and no one can hide from it. You might as well relax and enjoy the twisted ride that you are on in this life.

ETA: POST # 6900 ! woot woot

Eh. I just hope whichever ref it is gets to share a cell with Michael Vick for the next few years. That would be a great punishment.

The NBA refs are truly horrible and inconsisent and have ruined the game. This news isn't surprising but I just beleive they are really that bad more so than they are all on the take. The NFL refs and the MLB umpires look great in comparsion to NBA refs.

I feel like a NBA ref really don't have as much of an impact to the game as MLB or NFL referees. NBA refs can call a petty foul here or there, or give a technical early, but they can't call back a basket or penalize points or anything.

Now if MLB refs are fixed....THEN the game will be totally changed

And yea, gettnhuge is right...tip of the iceburg

The NBA refs are truly horrible and inconsisent and have ruined the game. This news isn't surprising but I just beleive they are really that bad more so than they are all on the take. The NFL refs and the MLB umpires look great in comparsion to NBA refs.

I agree, to a point, I think MLB umpires are absolutely pathetic....their poor performance, coupled with the strike that cancelled the world series, has compelled me to not go to a baseball game in over a decade, nor watch one on TV.... :headbanger:

We landed on the Moon

Not like I care, but my title was better than yours

well, i got more hits and replies, :headbanger:

College is the worst for rigging, mainly because they can get to the athletes so easily. But also you have home conference

officials who have their obvious agendas.

As for the NFL what sticks out the most is the Patriots in past years basically being able to tackle guys like Harrison or Wayne

or Holt at the line of scrimmage and never get called. The only game I've ever called all-out fixed was Superbowl XL

NBA officials are inconsistent to the point of being a trend. It's amazing how when the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq would be down

or in a close game in the playoffs and miraculously shoot 20 free throws in the 4th quarter to win. How many times did that happen

and benefit a team like Portland? or Utah? or Sacramento? Of their 3 straight titles, the only one that I would say they truly earned

was the 2nd one over the 76ers.

How amazing is it that when the Heat needed help to win, they end up setting all-time free throw records? Where in a game decided by 1 point, Dallas shoots 25 free throws and Miami 49. Call it fair and Dallas wins by a dozen. It only takes a few calls to determine the outcome

for two evenly matched teams. The boss for the officials is David Stern and they know all too well how he feels about Cuban. Even tho he's

a pr|ck, you still shouldn't fix games.

College is the worst for rigging...

During my bookie days, I helped fix a college basketball game. Shockingly easy. :music_guitarred:

During my bookie days, I helped fix a college basketball game. Shockingly easy. :music_guitarred:

was that before or after you saved these people on 9/11?

couldn't resist

was that before or after you saved these people on 9/11?

couldn't resist

Before.

It's no secret at this site that I was a bookie many years ago, especially if you ever stumble across the gambling threads on the Main Bored during football season. And I've spoken about fixing a college basketball game many years ago, as I was friends with a number of players on a low profile team. Made some nice coin on it too.

Believe me. Don't believe me. Bottom line is that some games are fixed, and that is a fact.

One thing not mentioned yet is that since this guy is focked, how long until he flips and starts telling stories about other officials

with agendas or that Davey-boy Stern exerts his influence to make sure the results he desires, happens.

:music_guitarred: :shocking:

Before.

It's no secret at this site that I was a bookie many years ago, especially if you ever stumble across the gambling threads on the Main Bored during football season. And I've spoken about fixing a college basketball game many years ago, as I was friends with a number of players on a low profile team. Made some nice coin on it too.

Believe me. Don't believe me. Bottom line is that some games are fixed, and that is a fact.

Wasn't that the plot of some Mellisa Joan Heart movie?

One thing not mentioned yet is that since this guy is focked, how long until he flips and starts telling stories about other officials

with agendas or that Davey-boy Stern exerts his influence to make sure the results he desires, happens.

:music_guitarred: :shocking:

Valid.

Speaking of which...you are noticably absent from the Vick thread on the main board...why is that?

trying to do a little research on this focker

Rivers: Referee had an agenda

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff | April 10, 2005

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- So, what did coach Doc Rivers say to earn the quickest technical assessed a head coach this season with 10 minutes 19 seconds left in the first quarter? According to Rivers, not much.

"I said [to referee Tim Donaghy], `C'mon know the rule. That wasn't a hook,' " said Rivers, who was protesting an offensive foul call against Antoine Walker.

Suffice it to say, Rivers uttered the so-called magic words to earn a second technical and ejection during the same stoppage. Since the two have a history of interactions, Rivers believes the referee may have had an agenda.

"I think Tim Donaghy has got it in [for me]," said Rivers. "That was a personal tech [the first time]. But I earned the second one. I don't approve of what I did. I hurt the team. We have had run-ins, but you always have run-ins. But the first tech, I never got off the bench and I still got the call. What was that about?

What really happened between ref, Rasheed

By David Aldridge

The NBA has its version of what happened, and Rasheed Wallace has his, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But something happened between Wallace and referee Tim Donaghy at the loading dock at the Rose Garden on Jan. 15 after the Portland Trail Blazers played the Memphis Grizzlies, and it led to Wallace being suspended by the NBA for seven games, his past most certainly part of his present.

Here's what we know, and it starts in the third quarter of Portland's win over Memphis, when official Scott Wall called a foul on Wallace with 9:45 left in the period. Wallace then tossed the ball toward Wall, who had his back turned. But Donaghy saw it, thought Wallace was throwing the ball at Wall and gave Wallace a technical foul. Wallace was angry -- "Ask him (Wall) if he thought I was throwing the ball at him!" Wallace allegedly said to Donaghy after the technical was called -- but stayed in the game and finished with a season-best 38 points, with 10 boards.

For the most part, Rasheed Wallace, right, has stayed out of trouble this season.

Then, about an hour after the game, Wallace was speaking with Memphis guard Brevin Knight and signing autographs for an acquaintance of Knight's when Wall, Donaghy and Steve Javie, the third ref, came walking past on the way to their car.

According to a source, Wallace shouted at Donaghy, "That was a bull---- call and technical, and I'm gonna get my money back," referring to the fine players receive for getting T'd up.

Donaghy then, according to the source, shouted back, "Watch the tape."

There's gotta be a list somewhere of all the games this focker called. recently I see

that he did the Suns-Spurs game where Nash got hurt

from espn

mcmordie (7/20/2007 at 11:50 AM)

I've only gone through finals, semifinals and quarterfinals of this year's playoffs, and Tim Donaghy worked only in one game: Game 3 of the Suns/Spurs game, won by San Antonio 108-101. Phoenix committed 24 fouls; Spurs committed 22 fouls. And San Antonio went to the Free Throw line 9 more times. Spurs were favored by 4.5 points in that game and covered the number by 2.5 points.

mcmordie (7/20/2007 at 12:16 PM)

In the first round of the Playoffs, Donaghy worked Game 3 of the GSW/Dallas series (won 109-91 by the Warriors, even though GSW committed 6 more fouls and shot 3 less free throws), Game 6 of the Nets/Warriors (won 98-97 by NJ, with the Nets shooting 4 more free throws and committing two less fouls), and Game 4 of Phoe/LAL with the Suns winning by 13 at Los Angeles. Phoe committed 5 less fouls and shot 14 more free throws. Finally, he worked Game 2 of the Magic/Pistons series, won 98-90 by Detroit (that game's line was Det -8 points, so his calls definitely affected that pointspread). So, the only real close game that Donaghy worked in this year's playoffs was NJ/Toronto's decisive Game 6 when NJ won 98-97 as a 7 point favorite. It's unclear how the mob would have wanted him to do it. Since the public tends to bet on favorites, maybe they would have wanted him to help out the underdog. Also, it's possible that he was instructed to call less fouls so games would have a better chance of going 'under' the total (less fouls equals less free throws plus less stoppage of play so the clock moves faster and scores are lower). I guess we'll never know how those games might have been any different.

mcmordie (7/20/2007 at 12:36 PM)

People are fooling themselves if they think there's much difference between point shaving and game fixing. The five playoff games Donaghy worked had lines of 8, 7, 6, 4.5, and 3.5. If you wait until the end of the game, then you're screwed. The odds are great that the game won't even be close, and there won't be anything to fix. So, it behooves you to start early. I think it also makes sense that they would try to fix the over or under more than the side. It would draw a lot less attention. A ref could make bad calls for both sides or, more likely, swallow his whistle and not call anything. Let the games have a better chance of going 'under' the total. Of course, you could make more bad calls to increase free throws, but that's riskier since it draws attention. Still, it's a very tough thing to do -- especially when there are two other refs on the floor who aren't part of the conspiracy. And, don't forget, there are officials in the stands who grade performances, so they're looking at your calls for the whole game. In his 5 games, the favorites covered twice, the underdog covered twice and there was one push. Four of the five games went 'over' the total. And who knows what they were trying to do.

this guy is a focking superresearcher