Sign in to follow this  
vertigo

After Manning

Completely on the fence about Palmer/Brady. Would love some insight from the board. I feel both offenses will air it out this year, but its obviously a critical pick. Thanks for the help in advance

i believe brady will have a moster year with the addition of the wr's and maroney being injured. they are going to throw all the time

I know he just got paid - but Bulger's my man! Soooooo many weapons at his disposal - now has a real TE and Red Zone threat in the slot.

4200 yds / 30 TD's :overhead:

I know he just got paid - but Bulger's my man! Soooooo many weapons at his disposal - now has a real TE and Red Zone threat in the slot.

4200 yds / 30 TD's :overhead:

There ya go.

Wait an extra round or 2 and grab Bulger.

Or play it really smart and just wait on Rivers/Cutler/Leinart.

To answer your question, it's Palmer over Brady.

There ya go.

What about Romo?

I don't think you can go wrong with Bulger, Brees or Palmer this year.

However, with his juicy schedule and added threats on offense, I expect Bulger to lead the pack, and even challenge for top QB.

I say Palmer after Peyton, however I too am a fan of waiting on the QB ..... Warner in the 9th didn't work out last year but Brees in the 12th did. :headbanger:

With all these new weapons Brady got...I think he may have a career year. Brady is my choice after Manning with Palmer right behind.

Good familiar weapons > Good new weapons

Good familiar weapons > Good new weapons

not so...look at mcnabb and stallworth...when both were healthy and on the field together it looked like they've been playing for years together.

Maroney gets hurt and the passing game goes off so Brady is #2. #3 goes to Palmer. Those who think Mcnabb is gonna last all year(thats 16 games folks, check his history) are crazy. Also, even if somehow he does last all 16 games, his production is goin down down down. If Calvin shows up I think id rather take Kitna over Mcnabb...I mean you get Kitna at a way better deal with possibly better production.

#1-Manning

#2-Brady

#3-Palmer

not so...look at mcnabb and stallworth...when both were healthy and on the field together it looked like they've been playing for years together.

They only played 5½ games together! That's a pretty underwhelming data set.

There ya go.

:mellow:

i agree with everything in this post

Using cutler as a #1 is a mistake. If you don't believe me, mark it down or whatever and we can chit chat about how cutler didn't get the job done as a fantasy starter and how you didn't win your league.

What about Romo?

The Romo lovers are out in full force, he's been going way too high for my taste. From what I've seen the guys I listed can be had later. It's not necessarily about the name you're drafting, it's the value of where you got them. Reaching for any of those top QBs is foolish and will compromise your other positions.

I say grab two top notch RBs, the top WR you can, and if you think you can wait an extra round, another WR, and then grab Bulger if he's there. He'll be pushing Manning for that top spot this year, especially with the D's they play against (horrbile against the pass)

I think teams figured Romo out, and he's just too damn arrogant to be a reliable fantasy option. He looked good against weak D's, but personally he seems to buy his own hype and think he can pull things out of his ass, and he just frankly doesn't have that kind of ability. Also, for those who say "you haven't seen enough of him to say he doesn't have that kind of ability" as there will probably be, I say that no one has seen enough of him to know that he's a reliable fantasy starter either, so that point is dead.

If you want Romo, and can get him at the same time as the other guys I listed, personal preference rules out and you can make that call. But for where I've seen him going, I'd rather have Kitna.

I don't think you can go wrong with Bulger, Brees or Palmer this year.

However, with his juicy schedule and added threats on offense, I expect Bulger to lead the pack, and even challenge for top QB.

My only knock on Bulger is he seems to get hurt more. However, I agree, I think whichever one you have will kick butt for you. All three have great weapons around them and great systems.

. Also, even if somehow he does last all 16 games, his production is goin down down down. If Calvin shows up I think id rather take Kitna over Mcnabb...I mean you get Kitna at a way better deal with possibly better production.
I think I might save this post...."Kitna over Mcnabb"....let's talk after 4 weeks.

"Down down down"....I think you mean up, up, up.

Are you not familiar with the Eagles offense?

McNabb was #1 QB in FF last year (by far over Manning, who I had) prior to his injury, so barring injury, he will be #1 again.

Yes, he's been glass....but so has every other QB outside Manning, knock on wood....who's not an injury risk to get rolled on by a lineman ?

You can't draft like that....case in point....Gore, McGahee, etc.

Steven Jackson will be getting red zone TDs. down Bulger.

Rudi will be getting Red Zone TD, expecially in the 14-13 games in the snow against Steelers, Browns, Ravens late in the year.

Brady will be the sames he's always been.

I preached Manning, and won $$$ by taking him 5th....not on the Manning train this year. They didn't have a clear RB who can punch it in....so I think Manning's numbers will drop from last year, and Addai will have more TDs playing Dungyball....JUST like in the Playoffs last year.

So I'm off Manning....and concentrating on McNabb (Eagles QB as we use team QBs) and when to pull the trigger, I'm 4th....so it may be 3rd or 4th.

I told people to book it for Manning last year.

I'm saying book it for McNabb this year.

With all these new weapons Brady got...I think he may have a career year. Brady is my choice after Manning with Palmer right behind.

Two of which are already down with hammy injuries. Out of the 4, you're down to Welker and Washington now.

Palmer will be on another level this year. He put up 16 TDs over the 2nd half of the season last year..

he will finally be 100% after the knee injury from the 05 playoffs.

He will challenge Manning this year.. He actually has more TDs than Manning over this last 2 years.

You probably can't go wrong with either Brady or Brees...

But New England is still New England. They won't be airing the ball out in December, they will still want to grind it out.

As for Brees, I expect the Saints to throw a little less, and run a little more. The defense wont allow as many points this year, allowing the Saints rushing attack to really get going.

after peyton, palmer, brady, bulger and brees are all in the same tier imo...be happy with whomever i can get latest

McNabb was #1 QB in FF last year (by far over Manning, who I had) prior to his injury, so barring injury, he will be #1 again.

You can't just throw around "barring injury" like it doesn't have any substantial significance in fantasy. The words "barring injury" are a very dangerous combo. You really can't really rely on Mcsleezy's health anymore. The guys played 2 full seasons in the last 5 years, 19 games in the last 2 seasons. When healthy he's a stud, but I'm not willing to "book" Mcnabb coming back from a torn knee ligament and losing his best threat in stallworth worth to bounce back as the same Mcnabb as last year.

On the other hand, Brady has started every game since 2001, and has had 0 weapons during all of it. Throw in a Moss, Stallworth and a Wes Welker and all of a sudden you have one of the best receiving cores in the league. Heck the guy made Doug Gabriel look like a superstar for a few games last year. What more can you ask from your #1 QB than consistent fantasy production.

At this point, based on the health, new weapons and consitancy....

Tom Brady..."BOOK IT"

I can't believe this hasn't been said yet but...I would rather have Palmer over Manning. There is no question that Manning is the NFL's best QB but for fantasy purposes Palmer has proven that he is the guy to have for good consistant QB play. Even last season when he was coming back from serious injury he performed at an elite level. Both players would be great to have on your team but Manning has become far less consistant from game to game over the past 2 seasons...his final numbers are always good but it seems Dungy is trying to change the pace they play the game to help their D. Palmer I believe is the guy to have the next couple of years plus you can get him a round or two later than Manning...Get yourself a couple of RBs and get a QB who is going to perform at the same level as the 1st round QB. Just my thoughts.

Using cutler as a #1 is a mistake. If you don't believe me, mark it down or whatever and we can chit chat about how cutler didn't get the job done as a fantasy starter and how you didn't win your league.

This is based on.....???

Personally I think he will be a decent low end fantasy starter based on his STATS from last year, and has potential to be more. A great value option later in the draft if you want to wait on a QB and pickup another stud WR early.

This is based on.....???

Personally I think he will be a decent low end fantasy starter based on his STATS from last year, and has potential to be more. A great value option later in the draft if you want to wait on a QB and pickup another stud WR early.

I agree.

If I don't get Palmer... Then Cutler will be the player I target in the later rounds.

If I pick Cutler, I will just draft a backup soon after. Maybe Roethlisberger, Delhomme, Leinart, Campbell, or something along those lines.

In this order: Palmer, Brees, Brady, Bulger, McNabb

Later Rounds: Kitna, Romo, Cutler, Schaub

This is based on.....???

I expect him to be a decent bye week filler. I base this on the fact that I think Henry (Poor man's Tiki Barber. Always drafted later than his stats deserve) gets it going and keeps the defenses occupied.

I just hope he picks it up with Walker. Walker's stats took a nosedive when the kid was behind center. Hopefully Henry will alleviate some of that.

I think I might save this post...."Kitna over Mcnabb"....let's talk after 4 weeks.

"Down down down"....I think you mean up, up, up.

Are you not familiar with the Eagles offense?

Yes, he's been glass....but so has every other QB outside Manning, knock on wood....who's not an injury risk to get rolled on by a lineman ?

You can't draft like that....case in point....Gore, McGahee, etc.

Steven Jackson will be getting red zone TDs. down Bulger.

Rudi will be getting Red Zone TD, expecially in the 14-13 games in the snow against Steelers, Browns, Ravens late in the year.

Brady will be the sames he's always been.

I preached Manning, and won $$$ by taking him 5th....not on the Manning train this year. They didn't have a clear RB who can punch it in....so I think Manning's numbers will drop from last year, and Addai will have more TDs playing Dungyball....JUST like in the Playoffs last year.

So I'm off Manning....and concentrating on McNabb (Eagles QB as we use team QBs) and when to pull the trigger, I'm 4th....so it may be 3rd or 4th.

save it as the mcnabb vs kitna thread and lets talk about it after week 17, not after week 4. you dont win your league after week 4 do ya?

You can't just throw around "barring injury" like it doesn't have any substantial significance in fantasy. The words "barring injury" are a very dangerous combo. You really can't really rely on Mcsleezy's health anymore. The guys played 2 full seasons in the last 5 years, 19 games in the last 2 seasons. When healthy he's a stud, but I'm not willing to "book" Mcnabb coming back from a torn knee ligament and losing his best threat in stallworth worth to bounce back as the same Mcnabb as last year.

On the other hand, Brady has started every game since 2001, and has had 0 weapons during all of it. Throw in a Moss, Stallworth and a Wes Welker and all of a sudden you have one of the best receiving cores in the league. Heck the guy made Doug Gabriel look like a superstar for a few games last year. What more can you ask from your #1 QB than consistent fantasy production.

At this point, based on the health, new weapons and consitancy....

Tom Brady..."BOOK IT"

;)

exactly! I like mcnabb. I just dont believe he can make it through the season. With his age, injuries, and maturity, he will not be so elusive and his rushing stats will be down. point is, im not risking my season on him as my starter. The guy who had mcnabb in my league last season was head and shoulders above the rest of us. mcnabb goes down and so does his fantasy squad. granted, there were more factors than just mcnabb that led to his fantasy team's demise, i feel if he had a more reliable QB, he would have survived.

Put me down for Palmer. Bad defense means they'll throw a lot and he's got outstanding weapons.

Brady is next, but I'm not sure Moss and Stallworth can stay healthy enough, and I think they'll use a more balanced approach.

Brees kind of let me down in the fantasy playoffs, so I'm not quite so high on him. There are times when it's one run after another, but I'm probably reading too much into a couple games. Kind of wondering if Colston won't have a bit of a sophmore slump, too.

Bulger is too injury prone and Jackson is the straw the stirs the drink there, though he does a fair amount of it through the passing game.

Really, I'd be thrilled with any of those 5 guys. I'm not liking the depth at QB this year.

I expect him to be a decent bye week filler. I base this on the fact that I think Henry (Poor man's Tiki Barber. Always drafted later than his stats deserve) gets it going and keeps the defenses occupied.

I just hope he picks it up with Walker. Walker's stats took a nosedive when the kid was behind center. Hopefully Henry will alleviate some of that.

it is rare that a 2nd year QB does really well. It takes most QB's 3-4 years before they "get it." Denver seems more like a running team to me so i believe with cutler's inexperience + run first mentality = give cutler another year before you put your money on him. As a fantasy backup, yes ill take him, as a starter, nuh uh.

In this order: Palmer, Brees, Brady, Bulger, McNabb

Later Rounds: Kitna, Romo, Cutler, Schaub

Where do you guys see Vince Young in all of this? Even after Schaub?

I like him better than Cutler and Schaub. Similar to Kitna and Romo.

Manning

Palmer

Brady

Brees

Bulger

My goal is to get one of those 4 in the 3rd or 4th round. I see a giant gap between Bulger and the 6th ranked QB.

I think we will all see that after the geek consensus

Palmer. He is set for a monster year. :shocking:

Tru dat... and that's not cuz I'm a bengals homer either... :rolleyes:

After that I'd go

Bulger

Brees

Brady