Sign in to follow this  
oneinchgroups@100yds

Why do you hate us

Ive used this site for about the last 3 years but have never registered. I have always wondered why the "geeks" are so hard on new people. If you spend most of your time on this site I would think that you would look forward to fresh faces and fresh insight. Ive played ff for well over 10 years, but still realize that every year there are plenty of newcomers to the fun. This doesnt make them stupid, they just want to learn and you must ask questions to do so (sometimes stupid questions). Its seems that if you dont have enough posts your opinion is thrown out the door by alot of people....when in reality alot of new people probably have played ff longer than the geek level people. Don't know why I decided to register. I think there was one particular post I wanted to answer to, but have enjoyed myself since. Last, I do thank you for all the insight over the last 3 years (last two were championships) and up to date information. This forum is the best source of info out there. All right, there you go, start swinging :shocking:

shutup stupid.... :shocking:

It's the same reason Phil Helmuth gets all pissed off at the poker table when playing against the newbie "fish" in a tournament. You all suck, make stoopid decisions, ask stoopid questions, and get on our nerves.

HTH

Hazing is not only legal, but encouraged. :shocking:

It's how men behave. We tear each other down, throw some punches, then have some beers together afterwards. If someone is ripping you at your draft, are you going sit there and take it, or give it right back? The weak-willed, politically-correct newbies move on to the milquetoast sites like FBG, where they ban words like retard. But most stay here, as this site is #1 on the google search for fantasy football.

Also, Also@#!@#

GDIAPOA. :unsure: :bench:

It doesn't take a whole lot of smarts to use the search function. A great number of questions that get asked over and over again can be answered that way. :shocking: Don't be so lazy and run a quick search and I'm confident that most would be more receptive to a new member.

It's the same reason Phil Helmuth gets all pissed off at the poker table when playing against the newbie "fish" in a tournament. You all suck, make stoopid decisions, ask stoopid questions, and get on our nerves.

HTH

if luck wasn't involved, i'd win all of my FF leagues every year.

It doesn't take a whole lot of smarts to use the search function. A great number of questions that get asked over and over again can be answered that way. :) Don't be so lazy and run a quick search and I'm confident that most would be more receptive to a new member.

BINGO!

The problem is that the newbies come in and immediately start spouting out all sorts of sh*t and asking questions that have been asked 900 times in the last 4 hours.

Newbies should not be allowed to post until their accounts are 3 months old and shouldn't be able to start a new topic for 6 months.

The problem is that the newbies come in and immediately start spouting out all sorts of sh*t and asking questions that have been asked 900 times in the last 4 hours.

Newbies should not be allowed.

fixored... :blink:

Ive used this site for about the last 3 years but have never registered. I have always wondered why the "geeks" are so hard on new people. If you spend most of your time on this site I would think that you would look forward to fresh faces and fresh insight. Ive played ff for well over 10 years, but still realize that every year there are plenty of newcomers to the fun. This doesnt make them stupid, they just want to learn and you must ask questions to do so (sometimes stupid questions). Its seems that if you dont have enough posts your opinion is thrown out the door by alot of people....when in reality alot of new people probably have played ff longer than the geek level people. Don't know why I decided to register. I think there was one particular post I wanted to answer to, but have enjoyed myself since. Last, I do thank you for all the insight over the last 3 years (last two were championships) and up to date information. This forum is the best source of info out there. All right, there you go, start swinging :D

Just like any other site, one needs to weed out the losers in life.

If you were to do research you would probably find that most of the people who are more interested in spouting off crap instead of helping others are probably under 25. It has nothing to do with post count but has to do with being mature and ego free.

Having said that, fock off noob. :blink:

Newbies are fine, the more the merrier.....

Let them ask questions and chit chat, its how they learn.

I disdain their inclination toward personal attacks when they disagree. It seems that our educational system has stopped teaching people how to disagree. :dunno:

Newbies are fine, the more the merrier.....

Let them ask questions and chit chat, its how they learn.

I disdain their inclination toward personal attacks when they disagree. It seems that our educational system has stopped teaching people how to disagree. :dunno:

Nahhh... I disagree. :D

I have been around these boards since FF Today started and have played FF for 15 years. I don't post very often, but benefit greatly from the information I get from this site and have used it to win multiple championships. I too get a little annoyed sometimes by posters starting new threads with virtually the same questions that have been covered numerous times and would have be answered by simply using the search option. That being said, I don't understand the elitist attitude by some to use their FF Today seniority to berate other people for their board transgressions. I usually just roll my eyes, ignore them, and move on to the other posts that interest me. I know it's frustrating and hard to ignore the same crap over and over again, but the rudeness that is displayed around here sometimes to the newbs is ridiculous. I know that bustin' people's balls is part of the game, which I do a healthy share of myself, but it goes beyond that sometimes.

I have been around these boards since FF Today started and have played FF for 15 years. I don't post very often, but benefit greatly from the information I get from this site and have used it to win multiple championships. I too get a little annoyed sometimes by posters starting new threads with virtually the same questions that have been covered numerous times and would have be answered by simply using the search option. That being said, I don't understand the elitist attitude by some to use their FF Today seniority to berate other people for their board transgressions. I usually just roll my eyes, ignore them, and move on to the other posts that interest me. I know it's frustrating and hard to ignore the same crap over and over again, but the rudeness that is displayed around here sometimes to the newbs is ridiculous. I know that bustin' people's balls is part of the game, which I do a healthy share of myself, but it goes beyond that sometimes.

keep your opinions to yourself... rookie... :)

keep your opinions to yourself... rookie... :doublethumbsup:

That kind of response is acceptable and is exactly what we are looking for. A few more therapy sessions on displaying humor towards your fellow man without attempting to break him down and you will be ready for the real world. I'm proud of you, famousb.

Just like any other site, one needs to weed out the losers in life.

If you were to do research you would probably find that most of the people who are more interested in spouting off crap instead of helping others are probably under 25. It has nothing to do with post count but has to do with being mature and ego free.

Having said that, fock off noob. :rolleyes:

You are correct sir!

C's , how bigs your boyfriends d*ck?

This is exactly the type if wasted information we don't need here :rolleyes:

In the future try to be SPECIFIC when giving statistics...... for example:

Your wife's cans= C's....Insufficient data for us to complete an accurate assesment of her funbags.

Also.........your attempt extricate data on the vital statistics of another posters "Boyfriend's Unit" is just bad taste.

If you need to switch hit.....find your own bat.

One more thing......GFIAFP

TIA

HTH

Fock Off....Seriously :unsure: :mad:

Pow Veal

I like the guys that have 18,000+ plus posts trying to make fun of new members to this site. 18,000+ posts in a Fantasy Football message board?!?! Wow, I guess you are much cooler than these new guys.

These guys remind me of Chaz from Wedding Crashers (Will Ferrell) wearing a robe all day, living with their moms eating meat loaf...and not getting hot chicks though.

I do have to agree with the 18,000+ that the SEARCH FUNCTION is where to start. If I need something that's where I go first. Most likely you can find what you need in there.

But I say welcome to the Noobs and their fresh insight. Go ahead and rip me you 18,000+ posters because I won't even read it for another week or so. I actually have to make my own meat loaf and pay my own bills.

Btw, anyone have an update on Kevin Jones? Can't we all just get along? Be good.

...Go ahead and rip me you 18,000+ posters...

OK.

Go drown in a puddle of AIDs. :rolleyes: :unsure:

What the bullies on this block don't seem to realize is that for each one of them there are hundreds of registered users who just soak up what useable information they can find among the crap. Just think of the years of fantasy football experience and team-knowledge that could be tapped if some of you didn't create such a hostile environment. This is the best board out there. It's fun, smart, and witty, and there are some senior posters whose opinions I value. But it could be so much better.

This isn't communist Russia (actually Russia isn't communist Russia anymore). But we don't force people to post a certain way, or not say things, or blah blah blah.

But we do have simple rules. Before joining ANY forearm, it is respectful to read the rules that they currently have in place.

Whatev, the main bored is dead to me.

I have been around since fftoday started (member #14). It is true a lot of questions can b answered with a simple search. But there is a nice way to let noobs know. The rude and vulgar replies detract more from the board than noon questions.

Remember, we were all noobs once.

We hate you because you start threads asking us to rate your team and ask us if a trade was good.

Yes, these are dumb questions since the answers are always: "Your team sucks." and "You got raped in that trade."

Yes, these are dumb questions since the answers are always: "Your team sucks." and "You got raped in that trade."

We're not going to sugarcoat anything around here.

You can't expect us to be like:

"OMG! Awesome team man! You had a great draft! Good job! Be my friend!"

or

"You totally got the better end of that trade! You are a FF mastermind! Be my friend!"

it's one thing to ask these question March - June, and even into early July when we're all just bored and itching to do anything FF-related... but when it becomes prime-time FF season, and there are 15 of them a day, no one wants to see them - same goes for all of the WSIS questions...

if we did want to look at and answer those, we'd go over to The Little Help board and do it...

I like the guys that have 18,000+ plus posts trying to make fun of new members to this site. 18,000+ posts in a Fantasy Football message board?!?! Wow, I guess you are much cooler than these new guys.

These guys remind me of Chaz from Wedding Crashers (Will Ferrell) wearing a robe all day, living with their moms eating meat loaf...and not getting hot chicks though.

AND EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH WEARING A ROBE ALL DAY AND EATING MY MOM'S MEAT LOAF? COULD U PLEASE PASS THE HOT CHIPS.

Speaking of the Search function, does anyone else think the new Search function sucks? What happened to the old one? ;)

Yes it sucks. You can still get to the old one by clicking "more search options" twice though.

Ive used this site for about the last 3 years but have never registered. I have always wondered why the "geeks" are so hard on new people. If you spend most of your time on this site I would think that you would look forward to fresh faces and fresh insight. Ive played ff for well over 10 years, but still realize that every year there are plenty of newcomers to the fun. This doesnt make them stupid, they just want to learn and you must ask questions to do so (sometimes stupid questions). Its seems that if you dont have enough posts your opinion is thrown out the door by alot of people....when in reality alot of new people probably have played ff longer than the geek level people. Don't know why I decided to register. I think there was one particular post I wanted to answer to, but have enjoyed myself since. Last, I do thank you for all the insight over the last 3 years (last two were championships) and up to date information. This forum is the best source of info out there. All right, there you go, start swinging :)

So basically you have used this site for years, but never bothered to register and give any input or opinion to any of the other users that have taken the time to post their insight and observations.

In short, your a focking mooch assshole and you are having your period because your feelings got hurt.

Great thread douchhbag. :overhead: :banana: :banana: