Sign in to follow this  
hoffinglesby

Pats Camera Man sending Signals?

Remember a few years ago when there was a much publicized "ejection" of all Patriot employees from clubhouse/lockerroom areas by Mangini? No doubt it was because he was more than well-aware of Belicheck's methods.

You know why there is a green dot on the helmets of quarterbacks? It's because the NFL began to suspect that defensive players on the Patriots were wearing helmets with radios in them, which supports the contention that somehow, some way - the Patriots efforts were getting back to the sideline in real-time. Now, the NFL inspects ALL football helmets for radios prior to games to ensure only the ones labeled with the green dot (the QB helmets) have radios.

New England is a disgrace. It's not that hard for Brady to be a great QB when he knows the plays the defense is calling. They should have their Superbowls revoked and Belicheck should be banned from the league.

They're SO busted. Brady, Belicheck, Patriots - FRAUDS!

Remember a few years ago when there was a much publicized "ejection" of all Patriot employees from clubhouse/lockerroom areas by Mangini? No doubt it was because he was more than well-aware of Belicheck's methods.

You know why there is a green dot on the helmets of quarterbacks? It's because the NFL began to suspect that defensive players on the Patriots were wearing helmets with radios in them, which supports the contention that somehow, some way - the Patriots efforts were getting back to the sideline in real-time. Now, the NFL inspects ALL football helmets for radios prior to games to ensure only the ones labeled with the green dot (the QB helmets) have radios.

New England is a disgrace. It's not that hard for Brady to be a great QB when he knows the plays the defense is calling. They should have their Superbowls revoked and Belicheck should be banned from the league.

They're SO busted. Brady, Belicheck, Patriots - FRAUDS!

Your bait is weak Meph'san

bingo.

and I remember a day when Bledsoe was their QB and the fans were somewhat bashful, humble and enjoyable to talk football with. Some of the most loyal and knowledgeable around. Sadly after the 1st superbowl, the bandwagon filled up with "new breed" Pats fans - some youngsters who knew nothing of the suffering of their franchise past, and some jumped on board the winner's shoulders for a ride. They seem to be among the most obnoxious and arrogant fans in the game.

Mind you not all Pats fans - there's several here I know and respect. But that "new breed" seems to be in the majority now. Or they're just louder. lol

As for this crap, I wouldn't put it past any team. Asking what good taping it does is woefully ignorant - every camcorder has a monitor built in and on every one you can watch what you filmed. So if someone sees the play that was sent in and relays it to the offensive coordinator, instant TD. Obviously.

I think this is where you're jumping the gun. There was no microphone or earpiece or any type of transmitting device found. And you can be sure that if an NFL official comfiscated the camera and tape I'm sure they would have grabbed a walky-talky or something too.

I'm as loyal a Pats fan as you'll find and IMO every team tries to find a competative edge but this definitely crosses the line. :disappointed:

The fact that they were taping the signals tells me that they were planning on using the tape to decipher the calls for their future meeting and not necessarily for their current meeting. I would guess that every team does something like this to some extent. This is why teams use such intricate signal calling. The same signal could mean something totally different from one series to the next. Some teams use different colors or one set of signals means this in quarter one and something different in quarter two. Teams expect it, just like in baseball. If your calls are easy enough figure out without first hand knowledge you deserve to lose.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots.

Source

Looks like the Jets and Packers are not alone.

A few more teams are now coming forward with allegations of their own against the Pats.

The evidence is mounting.

LINK: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...s-of-stealing/

:thumbsup:

It seems that souces like ESPN seem to be trying to sweep this under the rug, because they know how big a blow this could be to the NFL if the story gets big enough.

Obviously, a loss of viewers would be a big loss in revenue.

For years, everyone has marvelled at how the Patriots could come into games with less talented teams than their opponents and yet had the seemingly perfect gameplan to beat them.

Now we know.

How embarrasing is this for the Patriots and their fans....

and last night I was talking with a friend of mine about this and he was defending the Patriots...claiming how it is part of the geniusness that is Bill Belichick. I hope all the Pats fans don't stand behind that viewpoint.

This is weak and a major disappointment. Definitely puts a damper on the Super Bowls they have won recently. :music_guitarred:

***WARNING STUPID QUESTION***

But I am going to ask it anyways... Any reason why some of these precedings might have an effect on the FF studs on the Pats? Embarrassment causing reduced play? If they have been winning off of these alllegations, do they stop winning? Pats owner decides to fire some people that effect the Pats play?

Just curious... Any thoughts?

What a lot of football fans don't understand is how HUGE things like strategy and gameplanning are in the sport.

The media feeds them BIG NAMES and statistics, so they think success purely comes down to speed, strength and talent.

While Peyton Manning certainly has good accuracy, arm strength, pocket presence, etc.....it is his ability to read a defense and pick the right play that makes the Colts offense so awesome.

If the Patriots have been doing this for a long time, I think this seriously puts in question every single one of their Super Bowl victories.

It's cheating. It seems Goodell even made a point of emphasizing that to teams during the offseason.

Bottom line is it's against the rules for a reason... and coaching calls could severely effect the outcome of the game. While Boomer may say it's part of the game, it's not part of the game like it is in baseball... and technology is a lot better than it was in year's past.

I am ok if you visually steal the signs. But its just wrong to use technology in this.

Unfair advantage for the Pats...worse than one player using HGH, this is like giving a whole team an illegal advantage.

I have lost all respect for the Pats and Belichek. I will no longer see them as a good team. Goodell better come down on them hard or I will be very angry.

Wouldn't mind taking away their 1st round pick for 2008 and 2009.

All those last second victories over the last few years... :unsure:

And they always seemed to have the perfect strategy to beat more talented teams... <_<

How exactly does a team full of average players win 3 out of 4 Super Bowls??

Rams, Panthers and Eagles fans must be fuming right now.

ESPN just confirmed the commish saw the tapes and they did cheat.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying. Suck on it losers. :unsure:

I think that it is pretty obvious that I am a Pat's homer here. I am not going to back out of what they did. They did it. I will say that every team does it. That is why every team received the message to cut the crap from Goddell. I think that the NFL sent scouts to every game. The Pat's were the ones to get nailed. It does suck coming off of Harrison's HGH suspension. However, once again you are rather nieve to think that the Pat's were the only ones doing it. The Pat's effed up, now they will take their medicine. Hopefully Bill will think of a more devious way to steal the signals.

To be honest, the rule is stupid. Those signals are given in plain sight. They aren't being given behind the replay official's little magic curtain or a priest's confessional. Teams should just take more effective counter measures if they want to hide their signals.

*Patriots Dynasty

<_<

:unsure:

Good one.

They should do the perp walk with Kraft and BB too and VIDEO tape it.

I think that it is pretty obvious that I am a Pat's homer here. I am not going to back out of what they did. They did it. I will say that every team does it. That is why every team received the message to cut the crap from Goddell. I think that the NFL sent scouts to every game. The Pat's were the ones to get nailed. It does suck coming off of Harrison's HGH suspension. However, once again you are rather nieve to think that the Pat's were the only ones doing it. The Pat's effed up, now they will take their medicine. Hopefully Bill will think of a more devious way to steal the signals.

To be honest, the rule is stupid. Those signals are given in plain sight. They aren't being given behind the replay official's little magic curtain or a priest's confessional. Teams should just take more effective counter measures if they want to hide their signals.

I bet you're the first in line to bash on Barry Bonds, yet by your logic it should be OK because he was not the only one doing it!

Obviously, you people haven't read a newspaper. The Patriot act allows any and all kinds of surveillance.

Does Goodell want the terrorists to win?? :unsure:

I bet you're the first in line to bash on Barry Bonds, yet by your logic it should be OK because he was not the only one doing it!

My opinion about steroids is to either allow everyone to do it or have the players take a piss test. Bonds' record has a fat asterisk next to it because he had an unfair advantage over players that didn't take steroids. There's a major difference in the number of baseball players compared to NFL teams.

Stealing signals has been around since signals were brought into the game. My opinion is that every team does it to some degree. There no piss test for it. So to say that the Patriots derived any unfair advantage from it is nieve. Every team is involved to some degree. It's an even playing field.

:unsure: Bill covers every angle. That is why he excels.

Going to be a lot of :cry: when they only lose a 5th over this.

I am predicting a fourth rounder.

This is just a dumb statement... Is it ok to do things cause everyone is doing it? Because your team got busted, the rule is stupid? Counter measures?

How about just win the game without needing to know the play ahead of time? :unsure: :cry:

Wouldn't this incident justify the use of the defensive captain having an earphone in his helmet like the QB does on offense. You can't steal signs when there are no signs. Why not use the technology that's already there? To me this is a simple solution that should have been done years ago. It's not like they're hurting for money!

My opinion about steroids is to either allow everyone to do it or have the players take a piss test. Bonds' record has a fat asterisk next to it because he had an unfair advantage over players that didn't take steroids. There's a major difference in the number of baseball players compared to NFL teams.

Stealing signals has been around since signals were brought into the game. My opinion is that every team does it to some degree. There no piss test for it. So to say that the Patriots derived any unfair advantage from it is nieve. Every team is involved to some degree. It's an even playing field.

I totally disagree with you. Taking steroids is a personal decision, and they player did or did not do it, his choice. Stealing signals in this way is an ORGANIZATIONAL decision, much, much worse. Especially after the commish warned them! This means that the higher ups in the Pats organization, the ones that actually ARE the organization, cheated. Bonds was just a player cheating. This reflects completely on the organazation, and everything that they have accomplished gets a big, fat asterisk.

This is just a dumb statement... Is it ok to do things cause everyone is doing it? Because your team got busted, the rule is stupid? Counter measures?

How about just win the game without needing to know the play ahead of time? :unsure: :nono:

It is what it is. :cry: (We need a Parcells smiley.)

If the Pat's didn't do it they would be at a disadvantage.

Especially after the commish warned them!

Warned everybody, you mean.

Exactly. They seem to be the only ones that felt they really needed to do it to win. No one else got caught, not even a rumor that any other team tried to do it.

I understand you need to defend your team because you are loyal but you are saying that every team participates in this type of behavior... If this is true then I am sure that the Pats will have no trouble showing proof of this to the Commish... Being experts in it themselves they should be able provide evidence that at least another team is doing this...

Exactly. They seem to be the only ones that felt they really needed to do it to win. No one else got caught, not even a rumor that any other team tried to do it.

We don't know this just yet. Everybody is going to hide their spies for awhile. I say by week 4 they'll start sneaking them back out.

I understand you need to defend your team because you are loyal but you are saying that every team participates in this type of behavior... If this is true then I am sure that the Pats will have no trouble showing proof of this to the Commish... Being experts in it themselves they should be able provide evidence that at least another team is doing this...

Yeah, It's a calling.

It's not really the Pat's job to rat out the other teams. The NFL will have their eyes watching everyone.

ESPN just confirmed the commish saw the tapes and they did cheat.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying. Suck on it losers. :shocking:

Suck on what? The Patriots just killed the thought that they built a "true" dynasty.

All that excitement about 3 Super Bowls......out the window.

Unless your a Pats fan, very few will be impressed by their accomplishments now.