Sign in to follow this  
Ron Paul for President 2008

I just made a "iffy" trade, could come back to bite me in the arse...or could pave the way

I gave up Javon Walker and Adrian Peterson (Minn Type) for Randy Moss....

This puts my starting WR corp as Chad Johnson, Randy Moss and Donald Driver

and my starting RBs actually never changed since I did not play peterson in week 1 (Stephen Jackson and Edgerin James)

This does kill my RB depth though...and only leaves me with Kevin Jones...hopefully he will return soon...but once the trade goes through I will have an empty roster slot which I can use to pick up a RB, Jamal Lewis and Lendale White were both dropped by their owners after week 1.

Thoughts on the trade? Thoughts on which RB to pick up for depth, Lewis or White...Thanks in advance.

Here's my thoughts on the trade....

WHAT THE F*%@$( ARE YOU DOING?

Javon Walker is going to EASILY have a better year than Randy Moss, not only did you downgrade your WR Core you gave up a great fantasy RB.

I gave up Javon Walker and Adrian Peterson (Minn Type) for Randy Moss....

This puts my starting WR corp as Chad Johnson, Randy Moss and Donald Driver

and my starting RBs actually never changed since I did not play peterson in week 1 (Stephen Jackson and Edgerin James)

This does kill my RB depth though...and only leaves me with Kevin Jones...hopefully he will return soon...but once the trade goes through I will have an empty roster slot which I can use to pick up a RB, Jamal Lewis and Lendale White were both dropped by their owners after week 1.

Thoughts on the trade? Thoughts on which RB to pick up for depth, Lewis or White...Thanks in advance.

Easily the worst trade I've heard of so far ! :thumbsdown:

Javon Walker is going to EASILY have a better year than Randy Moss, not only did you downgrade your WR Core you gave up a great fantasy RB.

:pointstosky: :first:

Couldn't have put it better.

Call the trade bad if you will, but here are/were my thoughts on the deal:

I don't trust Jay Cutler, its only his 2nd year.

I don't trust Minn to not split time between Peterson and Taylor (which is exactly what they were doing until Taylor had a MINOR injury which he will return from)

Randy Moss is argueable the best WR in football, sure he had 2 off years, which IMO was 100% due to the horrible team/horrible QB/horrible system he was a part of...He could very easily put his old Viking #s (did you guys even see his game last week?)

I don't trust Minn to not split time between Peterson and Taylor (which is exactly what they were doing until Taylor had a MINOR injury which he will return from)

Randy Moss is argueable the best WR in football, sure he had 2 off years, which IMO was 100% due to the horrible team/horrible QB/horrible system he was a part of...He could very easily put his old Viking #s (did you guys even see his game last week?)

You could have traded Peterson for Moss straight up and still kept Walker.

True.

Peterson probably has close to 1st round value at this point.

No way Brady has that much protection every week - NYJ had NO pass rush.

New England will spread the ball around too much, for Moss to be great every week.

Somtimes they will just pound it out in the running game, sometimes Welker will have a great game, sometimes Stallworth. That's just how they are.

Plus, you know Belichick wanted to show up Mangini. And it worked..

You could have traded Peterson for Moss straight up and still kept Walker.

Actually I offered numerous trades which involved Peterson...all rejected...I orginally offered D Driver and Peterson and Moss but was countered with Walker and Peterson....he doesnt have as much value as one might think

What a terrible trade for you. Javon Walker is a WR1 and I still expect more or at least equal numbers from him as Randy Moss. Walker had a great game too week 1. I wouldn't have given up A. Peterson alone for Randy Moss. Wow.

Actually I offered numerous trades which involved Peterson...all rejected...I orginally offered D Driver and Peterson and Moss but was countered with Walker and Peterson....he doesnt have as much value as one might think

I would've loved to be in your league. I would've dominated.

Then you should have hung on to Peterson and sold him after his big game against the Lions, coming up.

You bought Randy Moss high. :blink:

Then you should have kept him.

He is playing Detroit this week - his trade value will go up even higher after this game.

The dude is a monster.

What a terrible trade for you. Javon Walker is a WR1 and I still expect more or at least equal numbers from him as Randy Moss. Walker had a great game too week 1. I wouldn't have given up A. Peterson alone for Randy Moss. Wow.

I think everyone is saying "WOW" because they have to much faith in Adrian Peterson, he is afterall in a RBBC with a RB who ran for over 1200yds last season...the normal overhyped rookie in my opinion, sure he had a great first game thanks mostly to a "lucky" 60yd reception TD...that will not happen every week. Now I may end up eating my words if Peterson has a monster season...but I do not see him putting up better numbers than Edgerin James, my current #2 RB....but I could be wrong.

as far as Javon Walker vs Randy Moss...maybe I'm putting to much faith in Randy after one big peformance as well...time will tell.

Denial aint a river in Egypt.

DOesnt anyone like the trade besides me?

I tell you what...I will "bump" this thread again in week 8 or so...If I was wrong...I'll admit that you guys are WAY better at FF than me..If I was right...expect a few "IN YOUR FACES"

The trade is very bad. Walker alone might equal Moss and Peterson has higher value since he is a RB and he is going to be a top 15 guy this year. You were duped into buying Moss after he had a great game. You overpaid and gave the other guy a great RB and very good WR. There is no way to claim the trade was good. You got screwed! I you were so high on Moss then you should have drafted him.

Moss is a "has-been" who is getting a bunch of hype and unfortunatly for you he had a big game in week 1 to provide more fuel to the "hype blaze". In week 8 (actually way before then) you will realized how badly you got hosed.

Look at it like this...I would never feel comfortable starting Peterson due to the RBBC, I would always use Edge as my #2 RB and Walker as my Flex...

That being said, I basically replaced Walker with Moss in my flex spot....

Bye weeks?

Injuries?

:ninja:

A couple good strategies in FF:

1) you can never have too much RB depth

2) you should never buy high

You violated both with your trade. Enjoy!

I will have an empty roster slot which I can use to pick up a RB, Jamal Lewis and Lendale White were both dropped by their owners after week 1.

Lewis and White were dropped after week 1?

You should have dropped it there, he was asking for too much. With all that is going on in NE now you can't be positive how the team is going to play with this hanging over their head. Moss is an incredible talent and had an amazing game week 1 but I think you lost a lil bit. Peterson will share carries with Chester, but he's also a home run hitter...and toward the end of the season I would project he'll be the more productive back of the two.

Good luck. I hope Moss stays productive as he's on my team too.

Wow a bunch of Moss haters here(must have gotten burned the previous 2 years now you don't have him)I think the trade made your team better. Cutler blows and Walker is the only receiver on the team,Brady is the best winning QB in football and Moss will have a monsterous year now he finally has a QB. Don't forget guys Walker and Peterson are just as injury prone as Moss. You have enough RB depth,it looks like Edge will have a great year. Your receivers will crush everyone else and you still have a great back line-up. All and all your starting line-up is better now with the trade so I give it a thumbs up. I am a Moss owner and I would never trade away Moss for Peterson so you guys or dreaming there in a RBBC.

Wow a bunch of Moss haters here(must have gotten burned the previous 2 years now you don't have him)I think the trade made your team better. Cutler blows and Walker is the only receiver on the team,Brady is the best winning QB in football and Moss will have a monsterous year now he finally has a QB. Don't forget guys Walker and Peterson are just as injury prone as Moss. You have enough RB depth,it looks like Edge will have a great year. Your receivers will crush everyone else and you still have a great back line-up. All and all your starting line-up is better now with the trade so I give it a thumbs up. I am a Moss owner and I would never trade away Moss for Peterson so you guys or dreaming there in a RBBC.

Don't listen to any of this garbage. Moss will suck and complain his way to a hamstring injury, just like the last 5 years. Edge will suck as he is old and the O-Line sucks.

I think you should plead with your commissioner to undo the trade. Tell him you were high or something when you accepted it. I would believe it if this trade went down in my league.

Don't listen to any of this garbage. Moss will suck and complain his way to a hamstring injury, just like the last 5 years. Edge will suck as he is old and the O-Line sucks.

Edge is one year older than LT. Let's stop the Edge bashing and claiming he is old.

If you have a flex, then it's a bad move. You should be starting AD in the flex and bench Driver. But, I think moss will have a great year. You got the short end, but not as bad as most people here think.

GO RON PAUL!!!

Lewis and White were dropped after week 1?

agreed, any league where an owner drops jamal lewis after week 1 is either an 8 teamer, or not worth discussing.

Since you asked for opinions, here's mine. I think you got the short end.

Walker had the most targets in the NFL for week 1. Cutler has less to throw to IMO than Brady.

Personally, with the amount of time he's been injured Moss is a risky play and I'm a Moss owner.

Peterson so far has been gold. I think you weakened your team by losing depth and I'm not sure Moss will be an upgrade over Walker in exchange for that loss.

WAAAAAY too early in the season to go and make a deal like this!!! Sure, AP could have just had a fluke good game, but by that logic the same applies to R. Moss. The fact is you just traded a decent #1 WR and a potential stud RB (or at the very least very good RB depth) for a WR with a bad attitude, bad hamstrings who is on a team that just got busted for stealing defensive signals from thier competitors. Plus Moss just played the horrid jets DEF.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but that was a TERRIBLE trade. If you have to say something like "wait until week 7 and I'll be laughing at all of you", then you know you just made a unpopular, uneccesary, risky move... :(

Bye weeks?

Injuries?

:(

A couple good strategies in FF:

1) you can never have too much RB depth

2) you should never buy high

You violated both with your trade. Enjoy!

Agreed.

As a foootball fan it was exciting to see Moss return to form in week 1. But it was just one game. I think Moss can have a big time year in NE but I HIGHLY doubt he will put up numbers like he did in Minnesota. J. Walker has a very good chance to put up similar if not better numbers than Moss and keepin ADP would have given you excellent depth, the ability to play matchups, and trade value later once you covered your bye weeks.

You broke the 2 very true rules stated above and as exciting as Moss can be it simply wasnt worth it IMO.

RB depth is hugely important. better pray that your starters stay healthy. Why didn't you ask for another decent back in return? make it a 2-for-2?

If I was you I'd change my name to Ru Paul...

That might be the worst freakin trade I've ever seen in my whole entire FF life... Sleep well tonight... And do your best to wipe off all the Vaseline you took in the arse tonight... LOL MB