Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Travis Henry has 5 days to file his "in house" appeal

Sounds like the NFL is moving forward with the formal suspension process (according to this site). Says he has 5 days to appeal the suspension, and a hearing will likely be scheduled 1-2 weeks after that should he file an appeal. This is a seperate process from his leagal challenge of the "B sample" that is in court.

http://community.myfoxcolorado.com/blogs/D..._DAYS_TO_APPEAL

Its over.

Hey Travis, thanks for the 5 weeks of high yardage, 1 TD, and ruining my FF season.

:music_guitarred:

Its over.

Hey Travis, thanks for the 5 weeks of high yardage, 1 TD, and ruining my FF season.

:pointstosky:

Well, if this info is correct, that would be 5 days to file an appeal, plus another 1 - 2 weeks before his appeal is heard. Plus he's still challenging in court the "B sample" which was the basis of the suspension. So who knows.

I know I have said it a few times, but there is zero doubt Henry is going to stretch this thing out as long as possible so he can collect as many game checks as he can before he is tossed. The guy is no spring chicken and really only had a pretty good season last year after several bad ones to get his big money (which he will never see.) His career could possibly be over after he is gone. At least he will have Ron Mexico to keep him company under the bridge they will be living under a few years from now.

I know I have said it a few times, but there is zero doubt Henry is going to stretch this thing out as long as possible so he can collect as many game checks as he can before he is tossed. The guy is no spring chicken and really only had a pretty good season last year after several bad ones to get his big money (which he will never see.) His career could possibly be over after he is gone. At least he will have Ron Mexico to keep him company under the bridge they will be living under a few years from now.

next move is to pull a kevin federline (spelling?) and demand custody of the kids so he can collect a fat check each month :overhead:

I'm hoping he can and does have someone (like his attorney) doing this for him. If he has to file this himself, he may miss the deadline while he's busy smoking pot. :overhead:

I'm hoping he can and does have someone (like his attorney) doing this for him. If he has to file this himself, he may miss the deadline while he's busy smoking pot. :thumbsup:

Dude, where's my appeal?

I am just surprised the Broncos haven't stepped in here.

I did hear he willing went ot NYC to give a hair sample and take a polygraph -- If he passed those two things i would say he is in the clear. A hair test is more accurate than anything and can go back alot farther.

Dunno - But own both Selvin and Henry - Honestly i am not sure who I would rather have playing.

That said i think Henry still plays until the end of October.

I am just surprised the Broncos haven't stepped in here.

I did hear he willing went ot NYC to give a hair sample and take a polygraph -- If he passed those two things i would say he is in the clear. A hair test is more accurate than anything and can go back alot farther.

Dunno - But own both Selvin and Henry - Honestly i am not sure who I would rather have playing.

That said i think Henry still plays until the end of October.

Even he couldn't be dumb enough to give a hair sample if he knew it was bad.

Did he really give a hair sample. I mean it could be possible the test was bad and absolutely knows it. Perhaps they will start a new drug test policy without the urine? Pluck a hair, no hiding in the bathroom and it's more accurate.

The team is not stepping in cause they believe Henry's story.

He did fly to New york to give a hair sample, which is why he missed the tuesday practice. I have been following his situation closely, and am rooting for him :cheers:

Did he really give a hair sample. I mean it could be possible the test was bad and absolutely knows it. Perhaps they will start a new drug test policy without the urine? Pluck a hair, no hiding in the bathroom and it's more accurate.

The team is not stepping in cause they believe Henry's story.

Hair samples give out info going back 10 years I think -- thats why they are pretty much illegal and NOONE will take them because noone wants anyone knowing what they did al long time ago.

IF henry really did go to NYC to give a Hair sample - I got to say he beats this -- No lawyer would let him do that unless he was certain he did nothing ! Thats a no win situation if he is guilty. A polygraph there are ways to beat with with anti anxiety drugs a hair sample is iron clad !

from Roto World :

(Rotoworld) Travis Henry was excused from practice Tuesday so that he could fly to New York as part of his challenging a positive drug test.

Impact: According to the Rocky Mountain News, it's believed that Henry submitted a hair sample and took a lie-detector test. Meanwhile, the Denver Post reports that Henry's "suit is ongoing and could take up to five weeks, including appeal time." The Broncos are on their bye this week.

What time period does a standard hair follicle test cover?

A standard hair follicle screen covers a period of approximately 90 days, but is susceptible to time variation depending on the growth rate of your hair. The hair sample is cut as close to the scalp as possible and the most recent 3.9cm (or 1.5 inches) are tested. It is possible to go back even further than 90 days since the time period is limited only by the length of the hair sample, but is standardized to a 90 day history

http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/hair_drug_test_FAQ.asp

I forgot where I read it but basically both the hair sample and polygraph are completely irrelevant in regards to the CBA and this case. In fact, the league would not comment and was pretty unhappy with Shananan giving lie detector tests because they can make the league look bad in some cases.

I forgot where I read it but basically both the hair sample and polygraph are completely irrelevant in regards to the CBA and this case. In fact, the league would not comment and was pretty unhappy with Shananan giving lie detector tests because they can make the league look bad in some cases.

Hair test go back about 90 days depending on how fast your hair grows, and polygraphs done on your dime say what you want them to say, but he knew that when he did them so....

Guest _my_2_cents_

looks like it's a few weeks more of him in your lineups anyway.

that it, if the team doesn't suspend him.

let the Selvin Young era....BEGIN! :dunno:

(several in my league were pissed that I was able to grab him...including the snoozing Henry owner...I added him 1 day before he popped positive because I read on FFT that Henry had a hurt knee...thank you FFToday! :lol: )

Did this possibility ever occur to any of you?: He's guilty and a hair test and polygraph would prove it but he's so arrogant and stupid that he doesn't care (yes I own him). This is a guy who fathered 8 kids with 8 different women, learned nothing from it and fathered a 9th. You all assume that this guy is a rational thinker. He is not. You think, "why would he throw away his career/salary by smoking pot?" Well, why would he keep costing himself more and more money by having more kids? He is stupid, plain and simple. Start with that presumption when analyzing this situation.

MASSIVE DISCLAIMER - I'm a Young owner who doesn't have Henry, but does anyone think the delay will end up being a good thing for the rook?

The Broncos first 2 games after the bye are against Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Granted, they are both home games but they are also 2 of the more stout run defenses on Denver's schedule. If Henry sticks through those two matchups and then gets suspended, maybe Young has a better chance of seizing the starting gig sans RBBC by kicking off with matchups against Detroit and KC.

Of course I may be blinded by the shine of Young's imminent MVP (NFL and FF) trophies...

IF henry really did go to NYC to give a Hair sample - I got to say he beats this -- No lawyer would let him do that unless he was certain he did nothing ! Thats a no win situation if he is guilty.

His win is gaining time and paychecks. His lawyer probably recommended the test even if he is guilty.

This is my understanding as well. But the lie detector and hair samples, if he did actually submit them, would seem to be more to help his legal appeal against the samples rather than the formal in house appeal process which hasn't even started yet.

I'd suggest the only hope he has is winning the case in the courts to get the whole thing thrown out, and otherwise delaying the process as long as he can. If he can't legally get that B sample thrown out, the in house ruling is pretty simple: he failed his drug test; he's done for the year. Finding exception in Henry's case, who is clearly guilty, would only undermine the entire process and open the doors for further nonsense every time a guy breaks a rule.

If Henry was smart, he would've shaved his head.

I'm sure they could have found a stray pube in one of his 9 baby momma's bedroom somewhere.

somebody was foolish to drop him in my league, i hope to grab him off the ww, and ride him for 3-4 weeks.. any week he can help me with a W, I'll take it

some jackass in my league just dropped young. :blink: if you guys owned LT would you drop turner to get him??

This just in....the hair sample has shown that he has 4 more kids than previously thought. :blink:

Maybe you should get in a real league. :rolleyes:

it's real league but we just happen to have a few drug addicts. :dunno:

I don't think the act of just submitting the hair sample and agreeing to a polygraph mean a whole lot or indicate he's innocent. As others have said it's in Henry's best interest to drag this process out as long as possible and these might just be ways he is trying to do that.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he did beat the charges? All the Selvin Young vultures who thought he would save their season would be :( :dunno: :( :cry:

It would be especially cool for those a-holes who traded away Henry to another owner who hadn't heard the news yet about his pending suspension. I'm rooting for you Travis! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he did beat the charges? All the Selvin Young vultures who thought he would save their season would be :angry: :shocking: :( :lol:

I picked up Young. Can't say I expect him to save my season but it's a low-cost gamble to try and get a piece of the Denver running game.

I'm considering trying to trade Young to the Henry owner. What's he worth at this point?

I picked up Young. Can't say I expect him to save my season but it's a low-cost gamble to try and get a piece of the Denver running game.

I'm considering trying to trade Young to the Henry owner. What's he worth at this point?

probably depends on his roster. who's he got?

Guest _my_2_cents_
If Henry was smart, he would've shaved his head.

and his nads. :shocking:

Broncos | Henry to play through October

Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:21:27 -0700

Bruce Finley, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos RB Travis Henry will be able to play through the next three weeks at least. Lawyers for both Henry and the NFL have been ordered by U.S. District Court Judge Leonard Walker to file motions in two weeks and responses in the week after that, during which time Henry will be able to play.

Broncos | Henry to play through October

Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:21:27 -0700

Bruce Finley, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos RB Travis Henry will be able to play through the next three weeks at least. Lawyers for both Henry and the NFL have been ordered by U.S. District Court Judge Leonard Walker to file motions in two weeks and responses in the week after that, during which time Henry will be able to play.

:dunno:

it's real league but we just happen to have a few drug addicts. :dunno:

Is T. Henry one of the owners??........ :dunno:

Here's the bottom line...It's a fact that his A sample has tested positive for maryjane. Per the collective bargaining agreement, testing of his B sample, collected at the same time, is required. Henry has the right to have an expert present during the testing of his B sample, however, per the collective bargaining agreement, it cannot be an expert associated with any other labs, only an independent expert, which Henry has repeatedly been told. Henry has filed an injunction against the NFL prohibiting the administration of the testing on the B sample and is proposing using hair tests and polygraphs. Neither of those things are specified as allowed under the collective bargaining agreement. It's pretty much a clear indication that he knows the B sample is gonna come back positive as well. At this point he's trying to legally entangle the NFL to get himself eligible to play 1, 2, 4 or however many more games he can get before he's suspended. The "in house" appeal is regarding the results of the A sample and will most likely be denied. I believe the suspension won't be able to take place until the B sample testing is performed and recorded. It behooves both Henry and the Broncos to drag it out, obviously he is the runner they need him to be and it will handicap the team after he's not there. But this is all about money for Henry. He'll have to repay $6 million of the upfront money he received, possibly more. He'll most likely never be a starter in the league again, as he'll be 31 yrs old by the time the suspension ends and won't ever get starters money like he did on this contract.

The sad part about his how these athletes don't take responsibility for their actions. Henry and Odell Thurman are prime examples. Thurman gets numerous alcohol related violations, then decides to sue the NFL for discrimination against people with disabilities, alleging he is an alcoholic and they are discriminating against him by not allow him to work. Henry is less than a week away from getting a clean slate in the drug program and "F's" it up by toking up, then basically challenges the NFL's procedure for testing to get out of it, despite the fact that the arrangement were agreed on voted for by the players union representatives. It's pretty much disgusting.