Sign in to follow this  
aportanenko

Missing person's report

You know the c0mstains I'm talking about. They were all over this bored. They would rant and rave about a player and no matter how much fantasy logic proved otherwise. For example:

The sh!tspanks that were knobgobbling Vick.

The idiots who took Peyton early.

The bag of d!cks that said Larry Johnson was going to be a top 3 back this year.

Where are they?

There was a time these loons were infesting this place, where did those lemmings migrate too?

My cousin took Peyton first round this year and is 0-6.

I took Peyton first round last year and won the Superbowl.

You just never know with fantasy football....

First time ever I took a QB in the first round was this year. 6 point for QB TD pass. I am in first place with the 2nd most points scored. I dunno what you were expecting to hear with this post???? I followed my draft with Bush, Wayne, AD, Plaxico, etc, etc. Leagues aren't won in the first round, so if you were good/lucky enough to draft/auction a solid team to go with Peyton (and avoid the injury bug) then it's entirely possible to have a good team. I bet there are a lot of teams in first place that took Peyton in the first round. Now would I rather have gotten Brady in the 3rd and had a better RB or WR in the first?? Sure, but I'm doing pretty good so far with Peyton. Again, I'm not normally a 1st round QB guy, but with the 6 pt QB league I took a chance this year.

I took Peyton early 2nd.

I'm 12-12 (4 games a week).

I'd be in a hell of a lot better shape if my team wasn't plauged by injuries. Rudi Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Lamont Jordan, Anquan Boldin, and DJ Hackett all went down. Marion Barber III has also gotten sucky the past 3 weeks.

Started the year with 3 games of 95+ points (high of 115.12 week 3), then 3 games of less than 60 points (low of 43.92 last week).

the Peyton owner in my league is the only 5-1 team in the league, and his only loss was Peyton's bye week. But in all honesty, he's been lucky...he plays in what is clearly the weaker of the 2 divisions and has had considerably less pts scored against him than most of the other teams. I think his smoke screen is about to dissolve.

I took Peyton early 2nd.

I'm 12-12 (4 games a week).

I'd be in a hell of a lot better shape if my team wasn't plauged by injuries. Rudi Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Lamont Jordan, Anquan Boldin, and DJ Hackett all went down. Marion Barber III has also gotten sucky the past 3 weeks.

Started the year with 3 games of 95+ points (high of 115.12 week 3), then 3 games of less than 60 points (low of 43.92 last week).

While I'm in an auction, I ponied up for Peyton and just lost my first game this week thanks to my opponent playing Derek and Braylon.

So I am 5-1, barely. What's your point?

Edit: I'm obviously referreing to the guy who started this thread.

You know the c0mstains I'm talking about. They were all over this bored. They would rant and rave about a player and no matter how much fantasy logic proved otherwise. For example:

The sh!tspanks that were knobgobbling Vick.

The idiots who took Peyton early.

The bag of d!cks that said Larry Johnson was going to be a top 3 back this year.

Where are they?

There was a time these loons were infesting this place, where did those lemmings migrate too?

So you prjected Brady to easily be the top QB this year?

Projected A. Peterson to be among the top RBs in the league?

R. Moss too easily be the top WR? and Burris to be right behind him??

Didn't think so.

I don't know what you are trying to say?

Isn't Peyton having a better year this year...than he was having last year?

I don't understand the thread...

Isn't Peyton having a better year this year...than he was having last year?

I don't understand the thread...

If my math is correct, Peyton is having his best season (through 5 games) since the record breaking 49 TD year.

If my math is correct, Peyton is having his best season (through 5 games) since the record breaking 49 TD year.

:pointstosky:

that's what I was thinking....I guess since someone is performing better than him after 6 weeks that all of a sudden he doesn't warrant his draft position.

This is a stupid thread :overhead:

If QB's are giving you 6 pts a pass TD in your league, it's understandable, QB's are the undeniably MVP's of those leagues, but to draft him head and shoulders over the rest when he is ranked 6th in fantasy QB scoring in most leagues isn't.

It's not worth the tax to take him early. His season is eclipsed by 5 other QB's that could have been gotten at a much better bargain. In the leagues I'm in the guys who took him early are a combined (3-15 one of them still winless). I never said Moss and Peterson were going to blow up, but this site was full of LJ lovers who said he was at least top 3 and guys preaching the idea of taking Peyton early in the first round and wanted to know why they were so quiet.

6 point per touchdown league.

5-1 with Peyton Manning starting. I was going to take LJ with my first pick, but someone got him first. Manning was on a bye last week and that accounts for my only loss. Peyton Manning pretty much is carrying my team, so I'd advise anyone to pick him in the first round next year, if you're in a 6 point per touchdown league. I only see 3 names out producing Peyton at this point and they are Brady, Romo, and Derrick Anderson. But Romo has been on the decline, and it'll be interesting to see if Derrick Anderson can continue his torrid pace.

A guy in one of my leagues took him at 1.05. He is 4-2. The SJ owner is 0-6 and the guy after him took Gore and he is still looking for his first win.

What is your point?

A guy in one of my leagues took him at 1.05. He is 4-2. The SJ owner is 0-6 and the guy after him took Gore and he is still looking for his first win.

What is your point?

The SJ and Gore owners are unlucky bastards, no one can predict injuries be it the O-line for STL or Alex Smith not to mention Gore facing Balt and Pitt early in the season, but Manning at 4th overall???? is that with or without 6 points per TD, who did he strike oil with in the RB positions? Jordan? Peterson? That's just idiotic in a regular 3/w pt passing league.

The SJ and Gore owners are unlucky bastards, no one can predict injuries be it the O-line for STL or Alex Smith not to mention Gore facing Balt and Pitt early in the season, but Manning at 4th overall???? is that with or without 6 points per TD, who did he strike oil with in the RB positions? Jordan? Peterson? That's just idiotic in a regular 3/w pt passing league.

That is a 6pt TD league with -2 for INT. It went LT, SJ, Addai, LJ, Manning, Gore. The guy that took Manning ended up with Lewis, Lynch, and Jordan as his RB's.

As far as your point of a "regular 3/w pt passing league", I am not sure that your scoring is "regular". :banana:

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Peyton is on pace for 4220 passing yards, 35 TDs and only 6 INTs. It just so happens that Tom Brady is having a career season but that doesn't mean Peyton isn't having a great season.

If QB's are giving you 6 pts a pass TD in your league, it's understandable, QB's are the undeniably MVP's of those leagues, but to draft him head and shoulders over the rest when he is ranked 6th in fantasy QB scoring in most leagues isn't.

It's not worth the tax to take him early. His season is eclipsed by 5 other QB's that could have been gotten at a much better bargain. In the leagues I'm in the guys who took him early are a combined (3-15 one of them still winless). I never said Moss and Peterson were going to blow up, but this site was full of LJ lovers who said he was at least top 3 and guys preaching the idea of taking Peyton early in the first round and wanted to know why they were so quiet.

The reason that owners draft Manning high is because of his consistency. It is only 6 weeks into the season and he will undoubtedly be a top 3 fantasy QB at worst by the end of the year. I kept him from last year in my auction league and I am 3-3. I haven't had a ton of injuries, but lost by 14 pts to Brady, Noorwood, Braylon, Edge, Colston and Lendale white (who all scored atleast one touchdown) this week. So I could of been 4-2 with Manning's bye week out of the way. I am really not sure where this thread is going, it's 6 weeks into the season and we are in the midst of all of these bye weeks. LT started off slow last year and had a ridiculous 2nd half to the season and won me my league. So anything can happen from here on out.

I drafted Manning # 10 overall, then traded him and Portis for Palmer and LJ before week 4.

It's worked out; I can't complain.

The thing about drafting Manning is that you either win a bunch of games, or you have phenominal trade bait.

The reason that owners draft Manning high is because of his consistency. It is only 6 weeks into the season and he will undoubtedly be a top 3 fantasy QB at worst by the end of the year. I kept him from last year in my auction league and I am 3-3. I haven't had a ton of injuries, but lost by 14 pts to Brady, Noorwood, Braylon, Edge, Colston and Lendale white (who all scored atleast one touchdown) this week. So I could of been 4-2 with Manning's bye week out of the way. I am really not sure where this thread is going, it's 6 weeks into the season and we are in the midst of all of these bye weeks. LT started off slow last year and had a ridiculous 2nd half to the season and won me my league. So anything can happen from here on out.

there's consistency and there is lunacy, my point is taking him 4th overall with 3 points per pass TD is stupid, just plain stupid, your worsening odds that are already against you, in yet another year where finding a good RB core is of the utmost importance, The consistency they should be looking for is in 2 dependable RB's, a task that is of the utmost importance because of there only being 32 starting RBs, injuries (be it with the RB the line or the QB), and RBBC. They should have cooled their heels and grabbed a QB with better or equal numbers in later rounds when the RB coffers were empty.

Manning is a great QB, but that position is one of the easiest to fill in your fantasy football team. The tax you pay for taking him early is not similar to the worthwhile Gates tax at all. Gates is the best fantasy TE, bar none, so you risk and grab him early for the advantage. Right now Peyton isn't, why grab him early when at the beginning of the season it was accepted that Carson and Brady will get you numbers that are just as good. Peyton is a sure thing, but he is not a rare fantasy commodity.

there's consistency and there is lunacy, my point is taking him 4th overall with 3 points per pass TD is stupid, just plain stupid, your worsening odds that are already against you, in yet another year where finding a good RB core is of the utmost importance, The consistency they should be looking for is in 2 dependable RB's, a task that is of the utmost importance because of there only being 32 starting RBs, injuries (be it with the RB the line or the QB), and RBBC. They should have cooled their heels and grabbed a QB with better or equal numbers in later rounds when the RB coffers were empty.

Manning is a great QB, but that position is one of the easiest to fill in your fantasy football team. The tax you pay for taking him early is not similar to the worthwhile Gates tax at all. Gates is the best fantasy TE, bar none, so you risk and grab him early for the advantage. Right now Peyton isn't, why grab him early when at the beginning of the season it was accepted that Carson and Brady will get you numbers that are just as good. Peyton is a sure thing, but he is not a rare fantasy commodity.

What kind of ghey league has 3 pts per passing TD? :pointstosky:

Kickers would be more valuable in such a league.

actually, aardvark, your initial post made no such disclaimer of 3 pt td or anything. Quit trolling and get a job. Living with mommy at the ripe old age of 34 is not healthy, for you or her...

What kind of ghey league has 3 pts per passing TD? :thumbsdown:

Kickers would be more valuable in such a league.

Almost all leagues I've been in have had 3 or 4 points per passing TD. Hell, the standard scoring for FFToday is 4 points per passing TDs.

actually, aardvark, your initial post made no such disclaimer of 3 pt td or anything. Quit trolling and get a job. Living with mommy at the ripe old age of 34 is not healthy, for you or her...

Winnie, standard scoring is 4 or 3 points for passing TDs in most leagues, go back to being Christopher Robin's twink and don't forget the reach around.

Last year my league was decimal scoring that worked out to be 1pt per 10 yds rushing/receiving and 1pt per 20yds passing with 4pt passing TD 6pt everything else. Manning who actually had an average Manning year last year and is on pace for a better season this year finished 2nd in total pts at the end of the year, behind only Tomlinson. Rounding out the top 5 was LJ, Sjax and Brees. So two out of the top 5 were QB's. I agree that RB's should be looked at as being more valuable than QB's, because QB's will be easier to find. However I would not agree with calling people out on drafting Manning in the 1st RD because they want the best. The guy is by far the most consistent fantasy QB, so why risk taking someone like Bulger later on and be screwed?

This is one of the DUMBEST threads on this bored in a while and thats saying something.

Trying to call people out for stuff after 6 weeks is already lame but especially the way the OP went about it w/ 3rd grade name calling.

You talk about 3 pt passing TD leagues like the're the norm. They're not. And I think 4 pt passing leagues are stupid too. But the scoring is beside the point. Its all relative b/c no matter the scoring system all players at a particular position are affected the same. So its really stupid to say that Qbs are the MVPs of 6 pt passing leagues especially when you havent even played in one.

I dont know how many times it has to be said but the key to drafting is to take the right PLAYERS not the POSITION. Of course Rbs are the most valuable commodity in FF b/c of the simple law of supply and demand. But its about drafting who you have researched and feel confident in and trying to find value. Plain and simple.

I took Peyton at 1.08 last year and won my league. Didnt plan on it going in but I wasnt comfortable taking any of the Rbs available at that point. The thing w/ Peyton is you know what your getting. Sure Brady is lighting it up this year and other QBs are doing well but they had more risk at draft time. Its a FACT that half of the 1st round RBs will be bust so if you're not comfortable taking the RBs that fall to you in the 1st then taking Manning is fine.

Every year there will be value at RB. Gore and MJD last year. MBIII, ADP, whoever this year. If you feel strongly about targetting a particular RB that may fall to the 3rd, 4th or beyond then you can take a QB or WR earlier. Again, its about taking the right players not blindly follwing a misguided rule that says you HAVE to go RB-RB. Thats how people ended up w/ pairs like Brown and Caddy last year or Rudi and Maroney this year. How'd that work out?

And just like all the dumb WR stud theory threads early in the season. Guys like Housh, Plax, and Edwards are scoring right up there w/ the "elite" guys that were drafted several rounds before them. Again research players, find out who you want, and try to get value in where you take them. Thats it.

As for the Vick stuff. Why would anybody be talking about him now. He's an idiot and will have to pay for his poor decisions. This is a fantasy football site and most people are concerned about guys who are actually playing this year.

And calling out the LJ people is lame too. He is one of a number of 1st round RBs who have underperformed. I was not all that high on him this year but I think he has a very good chance to have a HUGE second half.

Again, the premise of this thread is idiotic and LAME.

Winnie, standard scoring is 4 or 3 points for passing TDs in most leagues, go back to being Christopher Robin's twink and don't forget the reach around.

ok aardvark, you keep telling yourself that retarded league you play in with 3 pt passing tds is 'normal' Then, to make yourself feel even better than that, go around stating '3 or 4' like its the same thing and will have the same impact on who you'd chose. Let me give you a quick math lesson, 4 is 133% of 3. What an effin moron. And to top it all off you go calling people names. Take a look in the mirror aardvark. And google aardvark while you're at it...

I took Peyton in the first round in two leagues (picks 10/10 & 11/12), I've never had him on any of my teams and this year I just wanted to root for him and hope he produces like usual. He's still posting great numbers and I'm as happy as can be. It all depends on who else you get, who you trade for and who gets hurt.

Team 1 is 5-1 and the points leader for the league.

Team 2 is 4-2 and 2nd place in points.

Threads like this are :thumbsup:

This is one of the DUMBEST threads on this bored in a while and thats saying something.

Trying to call people out for stuff after 6 weeks is already lame but especially the way the OP went about it w/ 3rd grade name calling.

You talk about 3 pt passing TD leagues like the're the norm. They're not. And I think 4 pt passing leagues are stupid too. But the scoring is beside the point. Its all relative b/c no matter the scoring system all players at a particular position are affected the same. So its really stupid to say that Qbs are the MVPs of 6 pt passing leagues especially when you havent even played in one.

I dont know how many times it has to be said but the key to drafting is to take the right PLAYERS not the POSITION. Of course Rbs are the most valuable commodity in FF b/c of the simple law of supply and demand. But its about drafting who you have researched and feel confident in and trying to find value. Plain and simple.

I took Peyton at 1.08 last year and won my league. Didnt plan on it going in but I wasnt comfortable taking any of the Rbs available at that point. The thing w/ Peyton is you know what your getting. Sure Brady is lighting it up this year and other QBs are doing well but they had more risk at draft time. Its a FACT that half of the 1st round RBs will be bust so if you're not comfortable taking the RBs that fall to you in the 1st then taking Manning is fine.

Every year there will be value at RB. Gore and MJD last year. MBIII, ADP, whoever this year. If you feel strongly about targetting a particular RB that may fall to the 3rd, 4th or beyond then you can take a QB or WR earlier. Again, its about taking the right players not blindly follwing a misguided rule that says you HAVE to go RB-RB. Thats how people ended up w/ pairs like Brown and Caddy last year or Rudi and Maroney this year. How'd that work out?

And just like all the dumb WR stud theory threads early in the season. Guys like Housh, Plax, and Edwards are scoring right up there w/ the "elite" guys that were drafted several rounds before them. Again research players, find out who you want, and try to get value in where you take them. Thats it.

As for the Vick stuff. Why would anybody be talking about him now. He's an idiot and will have to pay for his poor decisions. This is a fantasy football site and most people are concerned about guys who are actually playing this year.

And calling out the LJ people is lame too. He is one of a number of 1st round RBs who have underperformed. I was not all that high on him this year but I think he has a very good chance to have a HUGE second half.

Again, the premise of this thread is idiotic and LAME.

6 pt pass td leagues DO make qb's MVPs, how can you say otherwise? That bump in TD points make them the most important player in your league. I've never said I didn't play in 6pt pass td leagues, don't put words in my mouth.

And what is this about it being JUST six weeks? that is plenty of time to see trends, by the sixth week players who will tank and who will manage to come back from the dead are becoming apparent, like LT and LJ. But this year Manning isn't worth the 1st round pick for 3 or 4 pt pass TD leagues.

3 and 4 pt TDs leagues exist guys, they are the default for all internet cheatsheets, get with it.

you said:

"I dont know how many times it has to be said but the key to drafting is to take the right PLAYERS not the POSITION. Of course Rbs are the most valuable commodity in FF b/c of the simple law of supply and demand. But its about drafting who you have researched and feel confident in and trying to find value. Plain and simple."

you said find value, well what is the value of taking a qb who will be as good as a handful of others 2 rounds before any other qb. There is none. RBs ARE the most valuable, grab 'em early, forget Peyton and draft Palmer while grabbing a couple studs at RB.

Then you'd say well what about SJax? he got hurt the stud RB theory is flawed then, no it's not that's an injury that no one can see coming, if anything it's an indication that RBs should be drafted early and often because they get hurt early and often.

Then you say well what about Maroney and Cadillac, well rumors were flying about RBBC in NE weeks before the season, shoulda listened to them, I did. He got hurt, guess what he get's hurt alot, so does Cadillac.

then you said, every year there is value at RB. who this year? Jordan, MBIII, and Peterson, that's it. Jordan now has back problems and a backup who will get more carries and Peterson was supposed to be in RBBC in Minn till Chester got hurt so guys who drafted him lucked into a juggernaut. MBIII? The last 3 weeks he's been average 6.8 a game. There are very few RB's that will shine like that every year, just look at who else was in that same pool as Jordan and Peterson; few and far between.

LJ fans who said that he was going to be top 3 should be criticized, there was TOO much evidence to say otherwise, he is going to have a good 2nd half but in NO way going to be top 3.

I agree with you on the WR stud theory though, it is garbage. I got Housh and Burress at a great value.

ok aardvark, you keep telling yourself that retarded league you play in with 3 pt passing tds is 'normal' Then, to make yourself feel even better than that, go around stating '3 or 4' like its the same thing and will have the same impact on who you'd chose. Let me give you a quick math lesson, 4 is 133% of 3. What an effin moron. And to top it all off you go calling people names. Take a look in the mirror aardvark. And google aardvark while you're at it...

Incredible rebuttal, keep calling me aardvark, that will really show me, it's much better than the owning i gave you and your sexual orientation,

And thanks for the math lesson, that extra point totally makes taking Peyton in the first round sound, it's so clear now. :overhead:

I've never drafted Manning, however the fallacy in your gloating is you are overlooking "risk". Sure Manning is sledom the #1 QB when all is said and done, but the reason that he is generally preseason #1 is due to his consistency from year to year. He's always one of the top QBs. While you get your guys with career type years like Tony Romo or Tom Brady that finish ahead of him some years, you can bet Peyton will be at or close to the top each and every year.

3 and 4 pt TDs leagues exist guys, they are the default for all internet cheatsheets, get with it.

You keep saying 3 and 4 pt. TD leagues are the default. Well, you can't lump them both together and say that your original premise of 3 pt leagues as the standard. If that were the case, then I could say that 4 and 6 pt leagues are the standard.

Standard scoring is typically either 4 or 6 points for a passing TD. The other factor is interceptions. If you do a 4pt league then INT's are not typically counted. If you do 6 pt passing TD's, then they are considered.

Your original premise was flawed in that you were only counting on your scoring system and what you saw in your own little world. The manner in which you brought it up didn't help you have an actual discussion as to the impact of Manning on leagues.

OK, so can we now ignore this stupid thread?

Incredible rebuttal, keep calling me aardvark, that will really show me, it's much better than the owning i gave you and your sexual orientation,

And thanks for the math lesson, that extra point totally makes taking Peyton in the first round sound, it's so clear now. :unsure:

You are a moron on so many levels it's hurting my bowels. The extra point doesn't make a difference aardvark?!? You're an idiot. Just be a man, as much as you can be obviously, and take the medicine. You started an absolutely retarded discussion, with absurd name calling to boot. Like you had just figured out the string theory or something. Grow up and learn some math, and some manners and english while you're at it. And yes, calling me gay really got me good. That is the king of ownage. I bow down to you oh aardvark king...

:)

6 pt pass td leagues DO make qb's MVPs, how can you say otherwise? That bump in TD points make them the most important player in your league. I've never said I didn't play in 6pt pass td leagues, don't put words in my mouth.

And what is this about it being JUST six weeks? that is plenty of time to see trends, by the sixth week players who will tank and who will manage to come back from the dead are becoming apparent, like LT and LJ. But this year Manning isn't worth the 1st round pick for 3 or 4 pt pass TD leagues.

you said:

"I dont know how many times it has to be said but the key to drafting is to take the right PLAYERS not the POSITION. Of course Rbs are the most valuable commodity in FF b/c of the simple law of supply and demand. But its about drafting who you have researched and feel confident in and trying to find value. Plain and simple."

you said find value, well what is the value of taking a qb who will be as good as a handful of others 2 rounds before any other qb. There is none. RBs ARE the most valuable, grab 'em early, forget Peyton and draft Palmer while grabbing a couple studs at RB.

Then you'd say well what about SJax? he got hurt the stud RB theory is flawed then, no it's not that's an injury that no one can see coming, if anything it's an indication that RBs should be drafted early and often because they get hurt early and often.

Then you say well what about Maroney and Cadillac, well rumors were flying about RBBC in NE weeks before the season, shoulda listened to them, I did. He got hurt, guess what he get's hurt alot, so does Cadillac.

then you said, every year there is value at RB. who this year? Jordan, MBIII, and Peterson, that's it. Jordan now has back problems and a backup who will get more carries and Peterson was supposed to be in RBBC in Minn till Chester got hurt so guys who drafted him lucked into a juggernaut. MBIII? The last 3 weeks he's been average 6.8 a game. There are very few RB's that will shine like that every year, just look at who else was in that same pool as Jordan and Peterson; few and far between.

LJ fans who said that he was going to be top 3 should be criticized, there was TOO much evidence to say otherwise, he is going to have a good 2nd half but in NO way going to be top 3.

I agree with you on the WR stud theory though, it is garbage. I got Housh and Burress at a great value.

I didnt put words in your mouth. You said "almost all leagues you've been in are 3 or 4 pt passing TD." So maybe I incorrectly assumed you have NEVER played in a 6 pt TD league but if you think that makes QBs the automatic MVPs then its CLEAR that you dont know what you're talking about. ALL QBs get 6 pts for passing TDs so it bumps up ALL QBs. Therefore its still all RELATIVE. You talk about MVPs but its about having a solid team.

Ok, so 6 weeks is enough time to see trends but there is still A LOT of time left in the season. You talk like everybody who took Manning or LJ in every league is out of contention already.

In regard to value, again its all relative. In my leagues where Manning may go in the 1st round its NOT 2 rounds before any other QB. You keep making blanket statements like you can speak for everybody in every league. And the point that others make but you continue to be unable or unwilling to understand is that taking Manning gets you consistency and eliminates the risk of getting burned at QB. How about all the guys thay waited on QBs and got burned by Brees, Rivers, VY, Leinart, etc. Its goes both ways.

We know 3 and 4 pt leagues exist. YOU are the one who acts like 6 pt leagues dont exist, and then have a uninformed view of them when you do acknowledge them. And PLEASE, stop lumping 3 AND 4 pt leagues together like they are the same thing. They are NOT.

And every year there IS value at RB. Just like every year half of the RBs taken in the top 2 rounds will bust. You can talk about the specific players and warning signs all you want. The fact is that there will still be bust and still be value later. PERIOD.

As for LJ, I already said I wasnt high on him b/c of the situation and everything else that was discussed to no end in the off season. But its lame and stupid to criticize LJ owners at this point. The season has a long way to go and they knew about all the risk when they took him. Thats a decision those people made. Rbs like Sjax and Gore have their own problems as well as a number of other Rbs. You act like every RB, or the ones YOU were high on, are blowing up and everybody else is an idiot.

We can debate draft strategy and player value all year. Things change from week to week and you cant fully evaluate everything until the end of a FF season. But there are no absolutes and there are MANY different ways to win a FF league. Ive won taking Manning and Culpepper in the 1st, Ive won taking 3 Rbs out of the gate. Ive also had less than stellar seasons doing the same things.

Bottom line is that the premise under which you started this thread is RIDICULOUS. You made blanket statements and used elementary school name calling trying to look cool by calling people out.

You're lame and your thread is lame.

The Peyton owner in my league is first in points and has a 5-1 record.

Sounds like there's a few owners who are doing well with Peyton as their first rounder.

I happen to agree with aportanenko's rationale; I would never take a QB in the first. I disagree with his tone though; you realize that in about a month people will be bumping this reminding you that LJ has tripled his output and Manning has thrown 10 more TDs. I have a feeling LJ and Manning owners will have the last laugh.