Sign in to follow this  
philmckracken

NE is 7-0

Why are they idiots? They are the only team that has ever goen undefeated. Show some respect you loser.

The old farts hopefully will all jump off a bridge in the late evening of 12/29/07 when the Pats defeat the Giants to go 16-0. This would give those annoying geezers nothing to live for.

Yes, I understand that they were undefeated, but they were far from the best team ever. They weren't even the best team of their era. First, they had one of the easiest schedules in nfl history (and that is not opinion). Second, they weren't even favored to win the superbowl over the 'skins that year. I'll bet you didn't know that. They should just go away. When NE, or Indy or any other team goes undefeated, let it be about them, not those '72 childish fools. Don't be a disgruntled phish-phag and rag me because some overrated team from 1972 wants to steal the limelight from a current team who might accomplish a really impressive feat.

right after the skins beat them this week. :pointstosky:

:nono:

There are currently 2 undefeated teams, and they will play eaach other in 2 weeks. After there is a winner, and lone undefeated team, we'll probably see these guys pop up out of the woodwork.

I am also hoping the Colts or Pats run the table. Those Dolphins deserve respect but it's time to end that tradition. Those old guys probably hate getting out of bed to crack champagne somewhere.

Yes, I understand that they were undefeated, but they were far from the best team ever. They weren't even the best team of their era. First, they had one of the easiest schedules in nfl history (and that is not opinion). Second, they weren't even favored to win the superbowl over the 'skins that year. I'll bet you didn't know that. They should just go away. When NE, or Indy or any other team goes undefeated, let it be about them, not those '72 childish fools. Don't be a disgruntled phish-phag and rag me because some overrated team from 1972 wants to steal the limelight from a current team who might accomplish a really impressive feat.

If New England and Indy tie, wouldn't they both still be undefeated? :pointstosky:

Why are they morons?

Because you act with class-they look like tools actively rooting against other teams.

Your whole life revolves around something that happened 33 years ago - pathetic.

Hey 72 Dolphins- apart from your family (maybe) , nobody cares.

Could we also say the Pats have had an easy schedule so far? They've beaten one team with a winning record (unless you really consider .500 a winning record), and the teams they've played have a combined 17-28 record. The rest of their season features some better matchups, so I don't think they'll go 16-0. I predict 14-2 (accouting for inevitable injuries), losing to the Colts in Indy in the playoffs.

Because you act with class-they look like tools actively rooting against other teams.

You never root against a team? They're human, of course they're going to take a side when watching a game, especially if their legacy is on the line.

Your whole life revolves around something that happened 33 years ago - pathetic.

Tell me about it! I'm also sick of Neil Armstrong walking around, bragging about how he was the first man on the moon ... big deal, that happened, what, 67 years ago?!? Get over yourself, Neil! What the heck has the moon done for us ever? (Yes, I know one is a bit more meaningful than the other, but to the people who accomplished it, they are equally monumental moments in their lives)

I know you're just fishing, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for bait.

I never understood all of the HATE that those 72 Dolphins get for celebrating when the last undefeated team loses.

They're being honest. I know if I had a record I wouldnt want it broken either. IF a team does go 19-0 then Im sure they would act w/ class and congratulate them but there is nothing wrong w/ being honest and saying yeah we'd like our accomplishment to remain as special as it is.

This says it all:

"The biggest negative on the '72 Dolphins' résumé is the strength, or lack thereof, of their schedule. While it's true that they could only play who was scheduled, it's also true that with an opponents' winning percentage of .396, the Dolphins' schedule was one of the easiest since 1950.

How easy? Basically, 99 percent of the teams since 1950 had a more difficult season schedule than the 1972 Dolphins. That is a very easy schedule."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/epstein/72dolphins.html

I need to correct myself for saying the phins weren't even favorites in the '72 superbowl. They were only a 1 point favorite.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history/

Kind of a stupid topic. Or at least the way you phrased it.

Why would the only undefeated team in NFL History be morons?

I'm a Pats fan and hope they break the record. But the only reason the record is worth squat is because of how awesome that 72' team was. You should really take the insults off your header. It's not appropriate to insult that great team.

Could we also say the Pats have had an easy schedule so far? They've beaten one team with a winning record (unless you really consider .500 a winning record), and the teams they've played have a combined 17-28 record. The rest of their season features some better matchups, so I don't think they'll go 16-0. I predict 14-2 (accouting for inevitable injuries), losing to the Colts in Indy in the playoffs.

UMMM NO you couldn't say that.

They beat the bag out of the Chargers who were one of the top 3 favorites to win the SupeBowl and who will win their division and make the playoffs.

They beat the heck out of Cincy a perennial playoff team that has fallen on hard times but is a talented team.

They destroyed Dallas the favorite to win the NFC.

Is it the worlds hardest schedule? No. But don't overanalyze things. They played an NFL schedule with some good, bad, really good, and really bad teams in and they are 7-0. Schedule is irrelevant with this team.

I never understood all of the HATE that those 72 Dolphins get for celebrating when the last undefeated team loses.

They're being honest. I know if I had a record I wouldnt want it broken either. IF a team does go 19-0 then Im sure they would act w/ class and congratulate them but there is nothing wrong w/ being honest and saying yeah we'd like our accomplishment to remain as special as it is.

Agreed. I hate the Dolphins, but I actually think the 72 team's "celebration" is actually kind of funny and a great reason for them to get together. I also agree that they would be the first to congratulate anyone that does break their record, even if they were hoping they wouldn't have to.

Kind of a stupid topic. Or at least the way you phrased it.

Why would the only undefeated team in NFL History be morons?

I'm a Pats fan and hope they break the record. But the only reason the record is worth squat is because of how awesome that 72' team was. You should really take the insults off your header. It's not appropriate to insult that great team.

Awesome? Great?

"The biggest negative on the '72 Dolphins' résumé is the strength, or lack thereof, of their schedule. While it's true that they could only play who was scheduled, it's also true that with an opponents' winning percentage of .396, the Dolphins' schedule was one of the easiest since 1950.

How easy? Basically, 99 percent of the teams since 1950 had a more difficult season schedule than the 1972 Dolphins. That is a very easy schedule."

The 73 Dolphins are just like Dan Marino. They will be crying their azzes off if someone ever breaks that record, just like Dan cries when one of his records fall.

It is freakin sickening the way the 72 dolphins do this crap every year.

Awesome? Great?

So? They still were the only team to do it.

And they were the underdogs in the Super Bowl that year to Washington. They won that game too.

How long will it be before we have to see those 1972 undefeated, idiot, moron, tool dolphins hoping that NE will lose a game?

probably not long when cack-yanks like you are calling them out already after 7 weeks.

fillurcrackinwiththat  :music_guitarred:

Who's calling them out? I'm asking (notice the question mark at the end of my sentence that you quoted) a question you rod-muncher. When will they make their first appearance and provide us with their annual display of childish attention-seeking?

Who's calling them out? I'm asking (notice the question mark at the end of my sentence that you quoted) a question you rod-muncher. When will they make their first appearance and provide us with their annual display of childish attention-seeking?

if you wouldn't mention it, and no one else did, we'd probably never hear from them again. get it, mud-butt?

Wrong, tool-chomper. It's only a matter of time before the boo-ya's at the espn start talking about it. I'm just wondering when we'll see those clowns who owe their 'record' to the easiest schedule since 1950.

Wrong, tool-chomper. It's only a matter of time before the boo-ya's at the espn start talking about it. I'm just wondering when we'll see those clowns who owe their 'record' to the easiest schedule since 1950.

That's a "creativity" penalty. :thumbsup:

rod-muncher and tool-chomper are the exact same thing. you're about as creative as the boo-yah boys.

I believe it was Mercury Morris who so eloquently put it:

CHORUS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES

TO GO AND WIN EVERY GAME

YOU GOT TO GO UNDEFEATED

AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN

MERCURY MORRIS VERSE 1

PICTURE US LOSIN' TO ANOTHER TEAM WE PLAYED

WAY BACK IN THE DAY YOU SAID THE RECORD WAS MADE

WE POSTED UNDEFEATED STATS THAT NOBODY COULD MATCH

GOT PEOPLE LOOKIN' BACK AND SAYIN', "MAN, HOW'D THEY DO THAT?'

WELL THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE IF YOU BUSTERS JUST DO THE MATH

EVERYBODY GOT BEAT EACH TIME THEY STEPPED IN OUR PATH

YOU MIGHT SAY IT'S A FLUKE THE DOLPHINS WON EVERY GAME

SOMEBODY SHOW ME THE TEAM YOU SAY WHO'S RECORD'S THE SAME

WHAT?

WHEN YOU FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT AND THE TRUTH IS A MUST

THERE'S NOT ANOTHER TEAM INSIDE THE PERFECT CIRCLE BUT US

SINCE WE RAN THE TABLE ON `EM IT AIN'T BEEN THE SAME

YOU WANNA GO UNDEFEATED YOU GOT WIN EVERY GAME

I KNOW YOU WONDER!

CHORUS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO GO AND WIN EVERY GAME

YOU GOT TO GO UNDEFEATED

IT AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

MERCURY MORRIS VERSE 2

I KNOW YOU WONDER WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LACE UP THE SHOES OF A

PLAYER STEPPIN' ON THE FIELD WITHOUT A THING TO LOSE

THE BUSTERS POSIN' UP THE VIEW ON ESPN, ASKIN' ME THAT STUPID QUESTION,

"YOU THINK THEY'LL DO IT AGAIN?"

ONCE AGAIN I'M HOLDIN' SCHOOL ABOUT THE THOUGHT OF DEFEAT

I GOT NO LOSSES ON MY TABLE SO YOU CAN'T TAKE MY SEAT

MY PERFECT HISTORY WILL TELL YOU THAT THE RECORD'S COMPLETE

STAND UP! YOU BUSTER'S PLAYIN' IF YOU TASTED DEFEAT

EVERY YEAR THEY TRY TO BUST OUT TRYIN' TO CAPTURE THE CROWN

I BEEN TRYIN' TO TELL YOU BUSTERS, YOU CAN'T PLAY IN OUR TOWN

AND THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS STILL THE SAME

YOU WANNA GO UNDEFEATED YOU GOT TO WIN EVERY GAME

I KNOW YOU WONDER!

CHORUS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO GO AND WIN EVERY GAME?

YOU GOT TO GO UNDEFEATED

OH, IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!

HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO GO AND WIN EVERY GAME?

OH, YOU GOT TO GO UNDEFEATED

IT AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!

MERCURY MORRIS VERSE 3

SO YOU CHALLENGE MY RECORD WITH A COMPUTER SCHEME?

USIN" NFL FILMS TO MAKE A FIELD OF DREAMS?

SO ON PAPER WE LOST TO ANOTHER TEAM?

BUT THAT WAS FANTASTY FOOTBALL, NOT THE REAL THING

OUR PARKIN' SPOT IS IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY'S RECORD BOOK

IF YOUR MEMORY IS HAZY, GO BACK AND TAKE ANOTHER LOOK

AT THE STATS WE POSTED WHEN WE MADE THE CLIMB

TO THE TOP OF THE SPORTS WORLD, AND YOU CAN'T DENY

LOOK AT HOW MANY TIMES WE PUT UP THE CROWN

IT'S UP TO 35 YEARS AND WE'RE STILL AROUND

IT'S NOT A SECRET HOW WE DID IT, THE EQUATION'S THE SAME

YOU WANNA GO UNDEFEATED, YOU GOT TO WIN EVERY GAME

I KNOW YOU WONDER!

CHORUS

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!

YOU GOT TO GO UNDEFEATED!

IT AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!

MERCURY MORRIS VERSE 4

NOW I'M INVITIN' ALL YOU BUSTERS TO A STATE OF PERFECTION

WHERE A LOSS IN A GAME IS AUTOMATIC REJECTION

YOU WANT TO COME DOWN AND JOIN US DOWN IN MIA?

JUST LIKE CHICAGO DID IN '85, THEY CAME TO PLAY

BUT THEY FORGOT THE JINX WAS ON WHEN THEY STEPPED OFF IN THE ROOM

THAT'S WHEN DANNY DUMPED UP ON `EM IN THE TEMPLE OF DOOM

SHULA PSYCHED `EM OUT TO PLAY LIKE IT WAS `72

SO THE PERFECT SEASON STAYED WITH THE PERFECT CREW

HOW COINCIDENTAL IS IT THAT THE BEARS ONLY TEST

WOULD BE TO COME DOWN TO MIAMI TO GET THAT WEIGHT OFF THEIR CHEST?

YOU KNOW YOU THE PATH TO GOIN' UNDEFEATED IS ALWAYS THE SAME

YOU WANNA GO UNDEFEATED, YOU BETTER REMEMBER MY NAME!

I KNOW YOU WONDER!

CHORUS

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!

YOU GOT TO GO UNDEFEATED!

MERCURY MORRIS VERSE 5

NOW LET ME END THIS CONVERSATION WITH SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE

SOME THINGS THAT HAPPEN ONCE IN A LIFE, THEY WON'T HAPPEN TWICE

SO DON'T TRY TO RUN THE TABLE; CAUSE BY YOU, THAT CAN'T BE DONE

YOU SEE, THE 16 STRAIGHT IN '72, WAS JUST TO PLAY IN ONE

HM-HM (CHUCKLE OF IRONY)

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, PLAYER, EXCEPT IN `72

CHORUS

IT AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN

MERCURY MORRIS VERSE 6

NOW GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS

COACH, FLIP THAT BAD BOY OVER SO THEY CAN GRADUATE

Great stuff.

Agreed. I hate the Dolphins, but I actually think the 72 team's "celebration" is actually kind of funny and a great reason for them to get together. I also agree that they would be the first to congratulate anyone that does break their record, even if they were hoping they wouldn't have to.

I third this. I think it's pretty pimp that these old guys take a break from baking their faces in the Florida sun, playing golf, counting their money, and telling people what to do to cork the champagne and celebrate the fact that they were and still are the best at the toughest and greatest game ever.

I third this. I think it's pretty pimp that these old guys take a break from baking their faces in the Florida sun, playing golf, counting their money, and telling people what to do to cork the champagne and celebrate the fact that they were and still are the best at the toughest and greatest game ever.

They were and still are the best? Well, let's just take a look at that.

So since 1950, when there were 12 teams, up through 2007 when there were 32 teams, there have been 1446 different nfl team schedules. The phish had a schedule in 1972 that was easier than 99% of those. That means that the '72 dolphins' schedule was easier than 1431 schedules out of a possible 1446 schedules from 1950 through 2007. It tests the limit of rationality to say that the '72 fishes were and still are the best when their schedule was tougher than only 15 individual team schedules in 57 years (1446 schedules x .99=1431. 1446-1431=15). So if both Indy and New England lose at least one game this year and you see those '72 dolphin morons raising their champagne glasses in relief and thanks to the teams that beat Indy and NE, say to yourself, "I was given a look inside the actual numbers, and those '72 dolphins weren't as good as I thought they were. They should really be raising their glasses to the 1972 schedule-maker."

"Weak schedule" is a weak argument.

First of all, SOS is a composite that glosses over the individual match-ups. (Face four 1-loss teams and six 1-win teams and the SOS is .42 ...or just slightly higher than the .39 those 'phins faced... but that doesn't make those 1-loss teams "weak" by any stretch of the imagination)

Second, is an SOS of, say, .600 really that different from an SOS of .400? (see point one and point three) I'd be curious to see how many teams have had an SOS within even 5% deviation from the '72 'phins....probably like, what, 5-6 dozen? And how'd they do...??

Finally, the "weak sked" argument ignores the ever-important "Any Given Sunday" maxim. 'Nuff said.

Oh and by the way, if you buy that argument....the Pats sked so far? 17-28, or a win % of .3777, "weaker" than the '72 Dolphins.

That said, I *DO* think that teams today have it "tougher" than the '72 'phins in terms of acheiving that Holy Grail of professional football, as there are more teams (talent is thinner) and they play more games (obvious disadvantage), not to mention that the quality of NFL players has increased starkly in the decades since their record-setting season....

They were and still are the best? Well, let's just take a look at that.

So since 1950, when there were 12 teams, up through 2007 when there were 32 teams, there have been 1446 different nfl team schedules. The phish had a schedule in 1972 that was easier than 99% of those. That means that the '72 dolphins' schedule was easier than 1431 schedules out of a possible 1446 schedules from 1950 through 2007. It tests the limit of rationality to say that the '72 fishes were and still are the best when their schedule was tougher than only 15 individual team schedules in 57 years (1446 schedules x .99=1431. 1446-1431=15). So if both Indy and New England lose at least one game this year and you see those '72 dolphin morons raising their champagne glasses in relief and thanks to the teams that beat Indy and NE, say to yourself, "I was given a look inside the actual numbers, and those '72 dolphins weren't as good as I thought they were. They should really be raising their glasses to the 1972 schedule-maker."

Is it just me or do you keep repeating your self over and over and over????? I cannot believe that you are calling out the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL after 7 weeks. This post is dumb, but not as dumb as your weak argument.

"Weak schedule" is a weak argument.

First of all, SOS is a composite that glosses over the individual match-ups. (Face four 1-loss teams and six 1-win teams and the SOS is .42 ...or just slightly higher than the .39 those 'phins faced... but that doesn't make those 1-loss teams "weak" by any stretch of the imagination)

Second, is an SOS of, say, .600 really that different from an SOS of .400? (see point one and point three) I'd be curious to see how many teams have had an SOS within even 5% deviation from the '72 'phins....probably like, what, 5-6 dozen? And how'd they do...??

Finally, the "weak sked" argument ignores the ever-important "Any Given Sunday" maxim. 'Nuff said.

Oh and by the way, if you buy that argument....the Pats sked so far? 17-28, or a win % of .3777, "weaker" than the '72 Dolphins.

That said, I *DO* think that teams today have it "tougher" than the '72 'phins in terms of acheiving that Holy Grail of professional football, as there are more teams (talent is thinner) and they play more games (obvious disadvantage), not to mention that the quality of NFL players has increased starkly in the decades since their record-setting season....

:doublethumbsup: :thumbsup:

You never root against a team? They're human, of course they're going to take a side when watching a game, especially if their legacy is on the line.

Tell me about it! I'm also sick of Neil Armstrong walking around, bragging about how he was the first man on the moon ... big deal, that happened, what, 67 years ago?!? Get over yourself, Neil! What the heck has the moon done for us ever? (Yes, I know one is a bit more meaningful than the other, but to the people who accomplished it, they are equally monumental moments in their lives)

I know you're just fishing, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for bait.

Not fishing- I'm surprised this thread is still on the 1st page.

I'll stand by my remark that they look rather pathetic when they all gather on the sidelines of an undefeated team like they did a few years ago- it just looks like a rather embarrassing cry for attention by senior citizens.

That is my opinion- your mileage may vary.

I always thought the moon landing was fake so that would explain Armstrongs silence :doublethumbsup:

Brady aint gonna make it out of the game this weak. Sean Taylors first sack of the season is gonna be a knockout blow.

Brady aint gonna make it out of the game this weak. Sean Taylors first sack of the season is gonna be a knockout blow.