Sign in to follow this  
jay8477

Did anyone win with Favre or Jennings on the last play?

Just traded for Favre last week (gave up Brees, straight up).

I was sitting thinking - crap, what a dumb Favre-fan move.

I snatched victory with that last second play and with Elam as my kicker.

Story book ending.

:unsure:

Just traded for Favre last week (gave up Brees, straight up).

I was sitting thinking - crap, what a dumb Favre-fan move.

I snatched victory with that last second play and with Elam as my kicker.

Story book ending.

;)

That is funny. You are saying OK DEN, Kick a FG, go to OT, then let Favre throw one deep. Nice win. :unsure: I sat Favre for Big Ben, but won anyhow.

Was down 9 points with Jennings vs. Driver. This is a distance scoring league which meant huge points for the 80+ yard TD bomb.

Making this sweeter? I had Travis Henry pencilled in and couldn't remove him from the lineup. That's justice!

i was down 45 pts going into this game ... i have favre, jennings and stokley ... other team had crosby

Favre - 18

Jennings - 22

Stokley - 9

total = 49 pts !!!!!

Crosby got him 7 pts ......... I LOST BY 4 POINTS !!!!!! ;) :cry: :mad:

after that last play, i jumped up so high and landed so hard i think i woke the neighbors .... but to no success --- when i checked my team, i still lost ..... :unsure:

Before Jennings makes the OT reception, I was down by 3 points.

After Jennings makes the OT reception, I win by 11 points.

the guy I was just at the bar with had exact same scenario, down 3, but won by 17 on that play, difference being we give 6 point bonus at 100 yards. We had just left the bar with about 3 minutes to go in the game. I know he's going nuts right now.

I have Favre, but I had already comfortably won.

A dude who was on the fringe( 2- 5 going in) in my league was playing one of the three league leaders (all 5 - 2 going in). He was down around 10 tonight, he had Favre, the other guy had Driver...won it by three on the last play. I called him, he said he was anxious that it wasn't actually Driver on that last play (we are all Pack fans, so it was doubley cray).

Before Jennings makes the OT reception, I was down by 3 points.

After Jennings makes the OT reception, I win by 11 points.

Same here, pulling for the GB Defense to hold 'em to a FG and send it to overtime. Got Jennings in the lineup this week with TO on a bye, and I'm still down going to OT. First play...............bada bing!!

Still only 3-5 on the season though, but always nice to win like that!

;)

Sure did. I was down by 29 before that play and had both Favre and Jennings. My most incredible win ever. :unsure:

Sure did. I was down by 29 before that play and had both Favre and Jennings. My most incredible win ever. :unsure:

How did you score 29 on that play?

My poor brother.... Had a really rough start to the year, and finally pulled himself into 6th place. Played the (undefeated) 1st place team this week, and lost by 7pts...to Brett Favre. Sorry, Jeff.

Yeees, I thought to myself when that ball was in the air that's probably Driver. I had Jennings and Stokely. He had Cutler and Elam. I was up by 4 points going into tonight's game. So that bomb sealed the deal for me. I ate a big dinner of spicy Indian food. When I heard Jennings caught that thing I almost had an accident.

I had a comfortable 20 point lead going into this game against James Jones. After holding onto a 2 point lead going into OT, all I saw was a bomb and just about threw up thinking it was Jones AGAIN. My heart hasn't stopped racing yet.

Guy in my league (call him team A) was way behind but had Favre and Jennings. He beats team B on that last play, but the thing is Team A had one too many players on his bench (still started correct amount). We all caught it before tonights game and the commish was still undecided before gametime. Doesn't have much playoff implications (neither team has a realsitic chance) and we all agree it was an accidental oversight by Team A. The extra player had no effect as all of those positions were negligable, but rules are rules. Thoughts?

Lets see, 12pts for the TD (6pts each to Favre & Jennings)

12pts for the yardage (4 to Favre, based on a 25y = 1pt format)

Probably bonuses for going over 300y and maybe bonuses for scores of 40y+, which is how one of my leagues scores it...well give the poster 7 pts (3pts for 300y and 2pts each for the long score)

======================

31pts total

down 9 with favre and packers def. had to hope for a fieldgoal to only allow 13 instead of 14, and then hope for 75yards and a td from brett in OT.

ME with 3min left:"it's over, turn it off let's watch heroes"

GF: let's just finish the game (she likes favre)

i can't believe my eyes

I didnt win but I had someone knock out my division leader to give me the lead after he had already admitted defeat late in the fourth, I went notradumass and scripted the rest of the game, here are my replys on my league message board:

Posted - Yesterday, 11:28p ET: if they kick this fieldgoal then brad still has a chance, man did you get ramrodded with that trade under the impression that Wynn was the starter.

Posted - Yesterday, 11:32p ET: come on green bay, win that coin flip.

Posted - Yesterday, 11:34p ET: booyeah, come on Favre, chuck a bomb to Jennings.

Posted - Yesterday, 11:37p ET: Fvck yeah, I scripted that well.

I won with Brandon Marshall's 2 catches for 47 yards or so with just over a minute left in the game. Thank you, Brandon Stokley, for making that 4th and 2 conversion to keep the drive alive! And thank you Marshall, for being a focking beast, breaking tackles to get yards after the catch. Denver was absolutely killing me for 2½ quarters, letting Green Bay bleed the clock all over the place, and not producing anything. (I had Marshall, Elam, and Scheffler)

Guy in my league (call him team A) was way behind but had Favre and Jennings. He beats team B on that last play, but the thing is Team A had one too many players on his bench (still started correct amount). We all caught it before tonights game and the commish was still undecided before gametime. Doesn't have much playoff implications (neither team has a realsitic chance) and we all agree it was an accidental oversight by Team A. The extra player had no effect as all of those positions were negligable, but rules are rules. Thoughts?

Yes, one: how can you have a league that allows you to have more players than allowed???

I wouldn't penalize team A, but I would definately review my roster format.

down 9 with favre and packers def. had to hope for a fieldgoal to only allow 13 instead of 14, and then hope for 75yards and a td from brett in OT.

ME with 3min left:"it's over, turn it off let's watch heroes"

GF: let's just finish the game (she likes favre)

i can't believe my eyes

I'd like to meet your G/F.

Yardage for both Jenning and Favre and a TD for both Jennings and Favre. The longer the TD, the more points awarded. System was created over 15 years ago so before you call it stupid, realize it's been in existance since before most people have been playing. We have always used it.(15 years running). Anything over 40 yards is 12 points for each player and the yardage gave me 12 more.

Down 18 going into ot with Favre as my qb. That play gave me 20 points with my league scoring and I walk away with a W!! Thank you #4!! :wall: :overhead: :pointstosky:

Let's see, I was up 88-84 and my father had Jennings. I thought for sure it was going to end up in my favor and I would screw up his undefeated season and take the lead in my division...

Instead....

It went into O.T and as I saw the pass thrown far and away to Jennings side my jaw dropped, I stood up....EYES WIDE OPEN....thinking "NO F-ing way"....I thought Bly was in position until Jennings moved closer to the sideline and saw he had a yard and a half on Bly and he caught it....ran it in for the TD.........

me = :pointstosky: and :overhead:

My dad = :P

Then after that it was :wall:

lucky s.o.b.

Yes, one: how can you have a league that allows you to have more players than allowed???

I wouldn't penalize team A, but I would definately review my roster format.

It was through CBS, which is almost but not quite foolproof. The roster in question came about via trade and the website did not catch the violation. Normally that site is great about roster warnings but this one slipped by. It happens.

Yea, I was down 111-72 with Jennings and Green Bay D to go. Chalked it up as a loss.

If I had a QB worth a damn (Young), a TE worth a damn (Brady filling in for Ben Watson) or if I wouldve started Stokely over MJD, I would have won. The Jennings TD tied the game for me, but I lost by a tiebreaker. 1st tiebreaker is TD's by all players.....we were tied, 2nd tiebreaker is yards by all players...we were tied (How I have no idea)....3rd tiebreaker is points scored by bench players. His bench players outscored mine by 1 point. Second time this year that I have lost by a tiebreaker. Really really gay. Than in my other league, I needed 9 points from Driver for the win, he got me 5. He should have had a TD in the 2nd quarter, he was wide open in the endzone, and Favre just threw wide right. Really really annoying.

I was winning just about to close up the books on this weeks f/f and they went into overtime , the only packer he had on his team caught the pass .. i lose .

by 2 points

I had James Jones and the guy I was playing had Greg Jennings. If James Jones had made that play instead of Greg Jennings, I would have lost by 1/10th of a point...as it is I lost by over 30. I'll take that. :wall:

I just won two games with that catch! My one money league I was down 42 with Favre, Crosby and the packer D. I won by 10.

My other league I was down 7 points and he had Elam and I had Jennings. Holy cow I won by 6!!

i was already winning, but that play was worth 42 points in my league

20 for favre (4 for yards, 6 for TD, 6 for 81+ yd TD bonus, 4 for 300 yd bonus)

22 for jennings (6 for yards, 6 for TD, 6 for 81+ yd TD bonus, 4 for 100 yd bonus)

my fantasy team = running up the score!

It was through CBS, which is almost but not quite foolproof. The roster in question came about via trade and the website did not catch the violation. Normally that site is great about roster warnings but this one slipped by. It happens.

In that case I would DEF not penalize "Team A," as it was not like they picked up a player to stash on the bench in a move to "block" other owners who may've been in need. I agree that CBS is usually very reliable, and if other owners agreed it was not "Team A's" fault for the roster gaffey, then let it slide.

was down 12 coming into tonight i had favre he had packers def.

first 80 yard td got me within 7 or so since packers had already given up a td.

then cutler fumbles at the goaline (woulda cut the lead to 3) and i'm thinking it may not be my night after all.

he is ahead by 6 or so all the way through the 2nd half and into overtime then BOOM, the other 80 yard td and i win by 4.

sickest fantasy win ever for me i think, especially since i am 5-3 instead of 4-4 and in the thick of the playoff race in my league.

I Did!!!

that OT really helped me....i won by 4 points (i have Favre)

i am now 7-1, was 6-1 going into the game, playing against another 6-1 team that is also in my division!!

now this week at 7-1 i have to play the other frickin team in the league thats 7-1........talk about scheduling LOL

85 yard TD pass to Jennings means I pull a win out of my a$$ by .4 pts. :wub:

It was actually 82 yards, and 0.4 is a slim margin. So, are you sure you still won? :unsure: