Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Anyone "rolling the dice" on Priest as a RB2 this week?

I think I'm going to be doing so... Either I go with Priest at home vs. DEN - or I go with one of the CIN RB's at home vs. BAL! <_<

Anyone else playing Priest this week, and if so - who are you leaving on your bench??? :doublethumbsup:

I think I'm going to be doing so... Either I go with Priest at home vs. DEN - or I go with one of the CIN RB's at home vs. BAL! <_<

Anyone else playing Priest this week, and if so - who are you leaving on your bench??? :doublethumbsup:

I would have started him but he got picked up right before i tried.....instead im rolling the dice on Kobly hoping he will do the same thing LJ did when preist went down.

im starting him over Alexander.

F'kin shauny, how you suck

Lmfao thats who i have to start Kobly over lol

starting him over K. Watson and J. Lewis....

Good idea??? It is a 1.0ppr league..

He is going to be spliting carries, so he might only see like 10-15.....J.Lewis might have a horrible game yard wise but should get plenty of carries.

Hi ChrisFab - Seems like you're in the same predicament that I am; Priest vs. Kenny Watson. I'm leaning towards Priest because: DEN has the worst rush defense in the league - AND they cut ex-TB DE S. Rice this week! ALSO - Priest WAS the MVP of the league (a few years ago, granted!)!

Even if Priest does "only" gets 15 carries (per Coach Edwards) - I still think for Priest that will equate to 80 yards a TD.

In PPR leagues I think he will be great, he may only get 15 carries but I bet he gets 5 catches - he is a great receiver on a team with not many receiving options. I traded Ryan Grant to get him, so I'm starting him over Grant technically and over Fred Taylor.

In PPR leagues I think he will be great, he may only get 15 carries but I bet he gets 5 catches - he is a great receiver on a team with not many receiving options. I traded Ryan Grant to get him, so I'm starting him over Grant technically and over Fred Taylor.

Damn nice post....forgot how good he was out of the backfeild....he might have a lil more value then i thought.

I traded Priest for Braylon Edwards Tuesday night.

The guy I traded him to will start him because the only other RB he has who will get significant carries is Westbrook.

Sucks to him. He has Cutler too.

The guy I traded him to will start him because the only other RB he has who will get significant carries is Westbrook.

Getting Edwards for Holmes would've resulted in a felony conviction in real life. Great steal/trade by you, in my opinion. The guy who has Edwards in my main league won't trade him for less than a Cadillac (the car, not the injured RB).

Yup, starting him over Lendale White, Jesse Chatman, and Kenton Keith.

Of course, I clinched my playoff spot, am playing an opponent that has Brady and Welker on bye, and I'm the owner that used to have Priest during the glory years (AND am a chiefs homer). So it'll be sweet. Hoping to see that trademark pose fly into the end zone at least once.

Damn, do you play with a bunch of retards?

I'd rather pick up Robinson, Morris, Hicks, and play them verses losing Edwards. BAD BAD TRADE.

Herm's history as a coach has proven that he is not a RBBC kind of coach and he has even said that. He believes in keeping the same back in tp develop a rhythm. That being said, he probably has never had a 34 year old running back as his featured back either. We'll see.

Herm's history as a coach has proven that he is not a RBBC kind of coach and he has even said that. He believes in keeping the same back in tp develop a rhythm. That being said, he probably has never had a 34 year old running back as his featured back either. We'll see.

he had a 33 year old Curtis Martin, and ran him into the ground...Priest, bring a shovel.

FWIW....last night on ESPN, Mark Slereth said Priest would "run wild" against the Denver defense. :dunno:

I have LJ and Priest so I guess I'll give Priest a try this W/E.

Herm, is the best to judge who is worth the most carries...i am sure he has seen K Smith(who has been there all training camp) and i guess has already hinted that P Holmes cannot carry the load...guess most imp thing would be recieving yards(k smith), but then again, from what i am hearing LJ could be back week 11, and we all drop Holmes and K Smith. Should be a fun game though, see how Holmes does, after being absent soo long. I did pick up K Smith, just for fun's sake, had a roster spot avail. Only problem now is trying to figure out if i should start S Young or J Lewis as my 2RB. Addai is my starter.

I'm already taking a flier on Selvin Young. Marion Barber is my other RB so I'd like to think he's safe to plug in there. If I had someone to drop to grab Priest I'd do it, but the only possibility would be Ernie Graham and I don't want to give up on him for a guy in his 30's coming off a back injury. I may kick myself because Denver is giving up a ton of running yards, but I'm probably going to lose anyway because I was killed by bye weeks.

I'm already taking a flier on Selvin Young. Marion Barber is my other RB so I'd like to think he's safe to plug in there. If I had someone to drop to grab Priest I'd do it, but the only possibility would be Ernie Graham and I don't want to give up on him for a guy in his 30's coming off a back injury. I may kick myself because Denver is giving up a ton of running yards, but I'm probably going to lose anyway because I was killed by bye weeks.

Smart move...i think u know whats going on...Holmes came back as a few carries guy, guess they didnt expect LJ to go down. I got J Lewis as my no2 RB, and will make my decision at game time, if S Young is starting, its a no brainer.

Luckily for him he's slightly retarded so he probably doesn't realize how much it sucks to be him.

#2? Hell, Priest is my #1 this week, unless Travis Henry doesn't play, in which case Selvin would be #1 and Priest #2. I've got LJ hurt, and Maroney and T. Jones on bye.

#2? Hell, Priest is my #1 this week, unless Travis Henry doesn't play, in which case Selvin would be #1 and Priest #2. I've got LJ hurt, and Maroney and T. Jones on bye.

I think I'm starting him alongside Brandon Jacobs this week instead of Frank Gore.

I'm leaning towards starting Priest over...

Kevin Curtis vs. Wash.

Jamal vs. Pitt.

1 PPR, rushing and REC are equal.

I like Holmes for 60 rushing on about 12-14 carries, 4/35 yards, and 1 TD.

Nothing hugely spectacular but very reachable against the Donkos I believe.

I just hope he doesnt get yanked early for a hit nobody wants to see.

wow, what have we become, when we start backup rb's over starting RB's? but i guess thats why we have a ww system. Folks, i know that Gore has sucked, but u picked him in the first round...u play him if he healthy, same goes for B jacobs...there was a reason they were 1st and 2nd round picks..they will always rebound...IF HEALTHY. Not an owner of any of those two....just going with the principle of it all.

Getting Edwards for Holmes would've resulted in a felony conviction in real life. Great steal/trade by you, in my opinion. The guy who has Edwards in my main league won't trade him for less than a Cadillac (the car, not the injured RB).

I wouldnt consider Holmes for Edwards a steal so quickly. Braylon Edwards has been performing at a high level since the Browns are winning games. Him and Winslow are shredding secondaries. Dont know why you wouldnt trade someone else. Holmes DOES have value, but the latest report out of KC was that LJ wouldnt be gone for the year, and if that's the case, you wont see Holmes the rest of the season, then you've lost Edwards too. Hmmmm,....defenitely Holmes is not worth a Braylon Edwards at this point in the season. Just my opinion, though.

I'm starting Priest in place of Thomas Jones this week. If there is a week to play a KC backup RB, this is the week (Denver!). If these guys don't perform well against Denver, don't bother with them after this week.

As for the comments about how they did against the Packers last week in the running game, please remember that the Packers are pretty good against the run this year. Certainly far better than Denver is.

Did anyone see his game against the Pack? He was definitely not the Priest of old. Albeit, it may be a bit early to tell. He looked...slower.

Green Bay has one of the better run defenses in the league. I'm not sure if that is a good indicator. This week he goes up against a week Denver D with Johnson out. It's a crap shoot, but he'll do better against Denver than GB.

he had a 33 year old Curtis Martin, and ran him into the ground...Priest, bring a shovel.

EXACTLY! I will probably start him today as RB2 behind Jacobs,my options are limited-Watson, henry/young, Grant,Dayne. Depends on the Denver starter I guess.

Padre will start as my flex this week, over Julius Jones and DJ Hacket.

After two years away from a starting lineup, I believe "Padre" has something to prove. Either he still has it or basically calls it quits after this season.

All that said, this is the game to take a chance on him. If it were against one of the tougher run def in the league, I don't think he would be starting for me.

I wouldnt consider Holmes for Edwards a steal so quickly. Braylon Edwards has been performing at a high level since the Browns are winning games. Him and Winslow are shredding secondaries. Dont know why you wouldnt trade someone else. Holmes DOES have value, but the latest report out of KC was that LJ wouldnt be gone for the year, and if that's the case, you wont see Holmes the rest of the season, then you've lost Edwards too. Hmmmm,....defenitely Holmes is not worth a Braylon Edwards at this point in the season. Just my opinion, though.

I think the point was that the person getting Edwards was getting the steal.

I guess, at the last minute I decided to go the opposite way. I cut Priest Holmes for Patten. And put Westbrook back in my lineup. It'll be interesting to see what happens here.