Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Steve Young is way ahead.. of any analyst on ESPN .. .it's not even funny...

... lol @ ESPN pairing him with Emmitt Smith ... to cover Emmit''s a$$ ... LMAO ..

Steve Young should be on the NFL network.. .and I won't have any reason to watch NFL coverage on ESPN ..

Emmitt: :overhead: :first: :first: Steve: :first:

Steve is not ahead of Emmitt! :overhead:

I am pretty sure he is talking about their ability to speak the english language. Which emmit can not really do very well. In that case it would be steve wayyyy ahead.

I am pretty sure he is talking about their ability to speak the english language. Which emmit can not really do very well. In that case it would be steve wayyyy ahead.

:overhead:

At first I hated Emmitt, now I look forward to him. :first: :first: :music_guitarred: :music_guitarred:

At first I hated Emmitt, now I look forward to him. :first: :first: :music_guitarred: :music_guitarred:

Kinda like you can't take your eyes off a train wreck?

Kinda like you can't take your eyes off a train wreck?

Eggzackly! :music_guitarred:

Steve: You gotta play 4 quarters. The Ravens played 3 and a half.

Sal: Emmitt?

Emmitt: The Ravens played 55 minutes *leans back in chair*

Guest ramrock11

Pains me to give any ex49ers props but i enjoy listening to young more than anyone .

Pains me to give any ex49ers props but i enjoy listening to young more than anyone .

I can relate....Giants fan and I think Aikman is pretty good at his job calling games. :dunno:

I like those that speak English and make sense (whether I agree or not). Young does both. Emit(ing gas) does neither.

Smith should be embarrassed. He talks like he should be picking up your trash, not analyzing a game.

Christ they have speech classes for that. :rolleyes:

Smith should be embarrassed. He talks like he should be picking up your trash, not analyzing a game.

Christ they have speech classes for that. :rolleyes:

You just do not appreciate the finer points of "dis, dat and dose" :rolleyes:

Steve Young is by far the most boring analyst on TV. The only reason he has that gig is because he is Boomer Berman's boy.

Marshall Faulk on the NFL network is really one of the best and has been very impressive the last two years. I think next year Collinsworth will do the PBP during games and Faulk joins him in the booth.

Usually I agree, but he was on TV this morning (prolly last night) and I swear it's like Young had a stroke or something. It was bizarre.

But yeah, usually he has good analysis, isn't trying to be a "character" and can speak the language. All things I look for in my sports guys. Some of the more immature types out there might call that "boring", but the grown-ups don't need "Flava", don't need Berman's "Woop!" Just want to hear some focking intelligent analysis communicated well. In short, we think the news should be the story, not the news reader.

If you watch him long enough, you can still sense the intimidation he feels about the 90's Cowboys, and Emmitt's mere presence obviously bothers him. I still think Young's "take the monkey off my back" comment after his Super Bowl win reveals more about his inner fears of not measuring up to Joe or the 92-95 Cowboys. His 10 year old whining of "they'll never, ever ever take this away.." while he bear hugs the Lombardi Trophy is right up there with the most selfish, girly-ass things ever done in NFL history.

:music_guitarred:

If you watch him long enough, you can still sense the intimidation he feels about the 90's Cowboys, and Emmitt's mere presence obviously bothers him. I still think Young's "take the monkey off my back" comment after his Super Bowl win reveals more about his inner fears of not measuring up to Joe or the 92-95 Cowboys. His 10 year old whining of "they'll never, ever ever take this away.." while he bear hugs the Lombardi Trophy is right up there with the most selfish, girly-ass things ever done in NFL history.

:thumbsup:

Alot of people have been victimized by Dallas over the years. :thumbsup:

Steve Young could take 45 minutes telling you what color the sky is. Emmitt is horrible on that broadcast, but listening blow-hard Young isn't any better.

Then there's Ditka getting all worked up like he has something important to say when he clearly doesn't.

Boomer, TJ and Tuna would be a good crew by themselves. As it is I can't even stand to watch Countdown anymore.

I don't know about you, but to me, Steve Young almost always appears to be high or drunk on television. He has this lost, glassy-eyed look every week.

I'm not saying he speaks or analyzes like he's been drinking, but man, I pride myself on my ability to bust people drunk or smoked up, and I'm sure he is on something. :doublethumbsup:

I noticed he had a real bad haircut too. Either that or he had a big bald spot starting on the side.

I don't know about you, but to me, Steve Young almost always appears to be high or drunk on television. He has this lost, glassy-eyed look every week.

Post concussion syndrome.

:dunno:

Yeah, right after going 24 for 36 for 325 yards with 6 TDs and 0 Ints, along with 50 yards rushing on 5 attempts, and winning the MVP ... that was so focking selfish and girly-ass. I mean, that's what Steve Young's career stands for, right? -- being unbelievably selfish and a total girly-ass. Always ripping the other players in the media and putting himself first, never playing hurt, never willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit. Simply an embarassment.

::sacrasm alert::

I'm not saying he speaks or analyzes like he's been drinking, but man, I pride myself on my ability to bust people drunk or smoked up, and I'm sure he is on something. :dunno:

This is exactly what I was thinking about. I think he's really cleaned up his act, but do you guys remember when he first started out a few years ago? He always sported a 5 o' clock shadow and did his best to channel the inner Christopher Hitchins. The guy looked like he'd just gotten off a 36 hour bender.

Not a fan of either of those guys as commentators; what really, REALLY pains me is that I have become a fan of MESHAWN Keyshawn Johnson- he's pretty good....

I'm not saying he speaks or analyzes like he's been drinking, but man, I pride myself on my ability to bust people drunk or smoked up, and I'm sure he is on something. :thumbsup:

Answer: Mormon.

you have to appreciate the Emmitt look.

You know what i'm talking about...the chin on chest, head cocked to the side, looking at someone as if looking over reading glasses with that assine chit eating grin on his face...honestly believing he said something profound, which in most cases was useless babble.

I can't stand to watch it anymore. I feel embarassed for a hall-o-famer who repeatedly crashes and burns week after week.

I was looking for a link to post the "look" and found a blog that said that Young hates working with Smiff. The job has got to be hard enough on it's own without having to carry Emmitt through each broadcast.

on a lighter note..Emmitt would make a nice announcer bobble head.