Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

So, will Wilfork be suspended for the first playoff game?

The coach cheats, the players cheat. I'm sure something will come out about Kraft cheating soon enough. :music_guitarred:

Are you implying that Kraft Singles aren't really cheese?

Are you implying that Kraft Singles aren't really cheese?

No, I'm implying that you fish more than the PATS cheat. :music_guitarred:

Infer what you want. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1063895

ETA: What p!ssed me off was that the NFL Network did not replay the entire play to show what happened BEFORE Wilfork did his stupidity. There were multiple players who were mad at Jacobs on the play and they never showed us anything but the Wilfork incident. EVER. They did that with a couple of other situations and I was hoping that the NFL Network realizes how poor their coverage is.

Of course Wilfork's not going to say it's intentional. Would you expect any other answer from him?

Get over yourself and your precious team. Stop blaming everyone else. Extra crap goes on all the time before a player lashes out. It doesn't excuse Wilfork's actions and he needs to be able to control himself.

Of course Wilfork's not going to say it's intentional. Would you expect any other answer from him?

Get over yourself and your precious team. Stop blaming everyone else. Extra crap goes on all the time before a player lashes out. It doesn't excuse Wilfork's actions and he needs to be able to control himself.

Now, you see. Here is what get's me p!ssed off. I said, "Infer what you want" and I offered nothing about his intent or put any blame out there. NOTHING. All I did was actually provide some content that is from one of the participants as opposed to what you have provided.

So you tell me to "get over myself and my precious team. How about you get some reading comprehension lessons and go fock yourself? :music_guitarred:

Now, you see. Here is what get's me p!ssed off. I said, "Infer what you want" and I offered nothing about his intent or put any blame out there. NOTHING. All I did was actually provide some content that is from one of the participants as opposed to what you have provided.

So you tell me to "get over myself and my precious team. How about you get some reading comprehension lessons and go fock yourself? :unsure:

I'm thinking you are the one with comprehension issues guy.

Go read my post again b/c once obviously isn't enough for you. From the quote you included my only response was "of course that's going to be Wilfork's answer". I said nothing else about it. I then turned to your whining about the NFL Network.

Nice try. :music_guitarred:

The eye-poke, along with the cheating, are nothing to get excited about. In fact, it is just the result of everyone's jealousy of the best team in NFL history.

Carry on.

I'm thinking you are the one with comprehension issues guy.

Go read my post again b/c once obviously isn't enough for you. From the quote you included my only response was "of course that's going to be Wilfork's answer". I said nothing else about it. I then turned to your whining about the NFL Network.

Nice try. :unsure:

You did not have a problem with the NFL Network not showing replays? What the fock does that have to do with "my precious team" and "getting over myself"?

:music_guitarred:

You did not have a problem with the NFL Network not showing replays? What the fock does that have to do with "my precious team" and "getting over myself"?

:thumbsup:

Wilfork's point/poke attempt is not justifiable. If Jacobs had done something so bad we would have heard it from Wilfork or one of the other Pats. I've heard nothing from them.

You are trying to create a possible scenario where Wilfork's move is justified. It can't be.

Didn't you hear Wilfork? "It is what it is." - - A pathetic display.

Wilfork's point/poke attempt is not justifiable. If Jacobs had done something so bad we would have heard it from Wilfork or one of the other Pats. I've heard nothing from them.

You are trying to create a possible scenario where Wilfork's move is justified. It can't be.

Didn't you hear Wilfork? "It is what it is." - - A pathetic display.

... and did you not notice that I called it "Wilfork's stupidity"? I agree that what he did was wrong, stupid and deserving of a big fine.

My point on the replays was that the NFL Network p!ssed me off because they showed some plays 15 times and other key plays they never showed at all. I wanted to see what happened that caused Wilfork to lose his cool. That is not a defense, that is someone trying to actually see WTF happened in a game. Don't tell me what I am trying to do or not do. It is not as complex as you think that it is.

BTW - the Pats have said some things about what Burress and others have said and done during the game. I wanted to see it with my own eyes.

First off... no one here can truly say they "know" that Wilfork didn't intend to poke the eye. However, anyone who doesn't believe that extending your finger and making a point of going at the eyes is an absolute intent to poke someone in the eye - is a complete jackass.

There are a thousand ways to "taunt" - the focking maniac was trying to poke his eye(s).

... and did you not notice that I called it "Wilfork's stupidity"? I agree that what he did was wrong, stupid and deserving of a big fine.

My point on the replays was that the NFL Network p!ssed me off because they showed some plays 15 times and other key plays they never showed at all. I wanted to see what happened that caused Wilfork to lose his cool. That is not a defense, that is someone trying to actually see WTF happened in a game. Don't tell me what I am trying to do or not do. It is not as complex as you think that it is.

BTW - the Pats have said some things about what Burress and others have said and done during the game. I wanted to see it with my own eyes.

so you wanted to see more replays of harrison hitting people late and shoving guys after every play?

so you wanted to see more replays of harrison hitting people late and shoving guys after ever play?

I wanted to see if Burress was going at his knees like Harrison said he was. I wanted see what actually happened in an NFL game. I know that is unreasonable in this day and age :thumbsup:

First off... no one here can truly say they "know" that Wilfork didn't intend to poke the eye. However, anyone who doesn't believe that extending your finger and making a point of going at the eyes is an absolute intent to poke someone in the eye - is a complete jackass.

There are a thousand ways to "taunt" - the focking maniac was trying to poke his eye(s).

This is blantant Patriots jealousy.

signed,

Patsfatboy

Redtodd

Fuckelhead

Drobeski

ect.

I need a little help, I'm trying to rank this incident in with the many others. I'm thinking somewhere just below Vrabel trying to take out a QB's knee on a kneel down play, but above Brady/Belicheat going for it on 4th down with a pass play up by 40 with 7 minutes left in the a game. What do you guys think? TIA

I need a little help, I trying to rank this incident in with the many others. I'm thinking somewhere just below Vrabel trying to take out a QB's knee on a kneel down play, but above Brady/Belicheat going for it on 4th down with a pass play up by 40 with 7 minutes left in the a game. What do you guys think? TIA

I put it at the bottom of that list.

Wilfork was courteous enough to try to poke the eye out of a player who's had a bad injury history this year. He figured he'd probably end up leaving teh game anyway, so taking out an eye wouldn't matter much in the big picture.

He may be a juvenile, pussie-boy, who isn't man enough to take a swing, but would rather jab at a guy's eye, but at least he was being considerate of the Giants.

This is blantant Patriots jealousy.

signed,

Patsfatboy

Redtodd

Fuckelhead

Drobeski

ect.

From the guy who posts the most in Patriots threads. :thumbsup:

I need a little help, I trying to rank this incident in with the many others. I'm thinking somewhere just below Vrabel trying to take out a QB's knee on a kneel down play, but above Brady/Belicheat going for it on 4th down with a pass play up by 40 with 7 minutes left in the a game. What do you guys think? TIA

Cheat Gate > Belicheat's Adultering ways > Brady's Bastard > Wilfork's atomic elbow > Wilfork's eye poke > Harrison's HGH > Harrison's Annual Dirtiest player in the league award >Vrabel's knee dive

I thought what Wilfork did was stupid and probably deserving of a fine, but let's be clear, if he was trying to poke him in the eye he would have poked him in the eye. There was nothing stopping him.

There was nothing stopping him.

jacobs face mask and wilfork's chunky sausage link fingers.

Don't tell me what I am trying to do or not do. It is not as complex as you think that it is.

:overhead: :unsure: :cry:

You've been exposed. Looks like I've created the "blueprint" for turning PFB1 into a whiny little kid. :lol:

You've been exposed. Looks like I've created the "blueprint" for turning PFB1 into a whiny little kid. :thumbsdown:

:lol:

You are officially an idiot. Well done! :shocking:

Without sifting through this riveting debate, has there been any response to his actions? Fine or otherwise?

Without sifting through this riveting debate, has there been any response to his actions? Fine or otherwise?

I don't think so. He might end up with a small fine, but then again it has been 4 days.

No way is he suspended.

Rumor has it, Goddell is going to take away Wilfork's 1st round draft pick in their fantasy league next year.

I don't think so. He might end up with a small fine, but then again it has been 4 days.

No way is he suspended.

I agree that he won't be suspended, but I would expect a fine that is at least $12,500. I don't know if that is "small"

Rumor has it, Goddell is going to take away Wilfork's 1st round draft pick in their fantasy league next year.

:thumbsup:

Cheat Gate > Belicheat's Adultering ways > Brady's Bastard > Wilfork's atomic elbow > Wilfork's eye poke > Harrison's HGH > Harrison's Annual Dirtiest player in the league award >Vrabel's knee dive

Wow I didn't realize the Patriots are the only team in NFL history with these incidents. The NFL must be full of choir boys, how did these criminals ever sneak into the league. These are the posts that prove what a bunch of haters you guys are.

You guys go ahead and keep on hating the Patriots. They'll just keep on winning

Per rotoworld. No suspension.

NFL fined Patriots NT Vince Wilfork $15,000 for poking Brandon Jacobs through his facemask in Week 17.

It looked like Wilfork was trying to poke his eye, but he didn't connect. Wilfork had 48 tackles and two sacks in 2007, his first Pro Bowl season

Per rotoworld. No suspension.

That is about what was expected. I don't know what the max fine is, but I figured that he was definitely looking at more than the $12,500 he got for the Losman hit.

My point on the replays was that the NFL Network p!ssed me off because they showed some plays 15 times and other key plays they never showed at all. I wanted to see what happened that caused Wilfork to lose his cool.

I understand your frustration. But they do that all the time. If you ever want to really see a game in detail, NFL Replay is simply not the way. It's really only good for watching most of the plays and catching a little commentary.

I understand your frustration. But they do that all the time. If you ever want to really see a game in detail, NFL Replay is simply not the way. It's really only good for watching most of the plays and catching a little commentary.

No, I meant the actual game broadcast. Not the replay. It was pretty bad.

Ah, my bad. I was actually going to add a comment, "The regular broadcasts are bad enough when it comes to showing stuff like that, let alone NFL Replay," but I forgot to type it. Can't say I'm surprised it wasn't in the regular brodcast either. They pretty much only show the replay the single most interesting aspect of a play. Whenever there are more interesting elements to a play, we are out of luck on the rest of it. :)

Ah, my bad. I was actually going to add a comment, "The regular broadcasts are bad enough when it comes to showing stuff like that, let alone NFL Replay," but I forgot to type it. Can't say I'm surprised it wasn't in the regular brodcast either. They pretty much only show the replay the single most interesting aspect of a play. Whenever there are more interesting elements to a play, we are out of luck on the rest of it. :wacko:

:)

Since I have only seen portions of NFL Network broadcasts this season, I was hoping for more. Some of the graphics were pretty darn good. I think that Collinsworth is pretty good even though Bumbel should be shot. I figured that they could at least show the action because they have enough cameras.

I hope that the NFL gets the cable war addressed, but I really hope that they are willing to put in the same amount of resources to broadcasts as NBC, CBS, FOX and ESPN do. If not, it is really not worth it.