Sign in to follow this  
edjr

16 - 0

-- Brady, Moss & Patriots Set NFL Records --

Sat Dec 29, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

AP reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady and WR Randy Moss set NFL records during tonight's 38-35 win over the Giants. By throwing two touchdown passes to Moss, Brady took over the single-season TD mark at 50 from QB Peyton Manning and helped Moss wrestle the single-season TD reception record away from WR Jerry Rice with 23. The record-setting connection came on a 65-yard strike up the right sideline, just one play after Brady underthrew a wide-open Moss at close to the same spot. But the second time was magic. "I just tried to redeem myself," Brady said, "and threw it as far as I could." As for who gets to keep the record-setting ball, Brady added, "Good question. The highest bidder, I guess. But he's got his hands on it now." "I told him," said Moss, with a devilish smile, "I'll give my kids half and you give your son half." New England added another score after that to burnish its 16-0 record and finish the regular season with a staggering 589 points, obliterating the single-season NFL scoring record of 556 that belonged to the 1998 Minnesota Vikings.

----------------------------

anyone remember the 98 Vikes????

Best regular season evaaaaahhhh!!!!!

Best season by a QB evaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Best season by a reciever evaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Best coaching job for a regualar season evaaaaaahhhh!!!!

The greatest team in the history of the planet, and when they run the table they will be without a doubt the best dynasty in the history of the planet EVAH.....

Im thinking 38-0 :thumbsup: :unsure:

All good..... just dont forget the ASTERISK!

Too bad man, they made their bed and now they have to sleep in it. Cheating is cheating. And getting caught once usually means that you have been doing it for a long time.

Sorry but thems the facts!

Too bad man, they made their bed and now they have to sleep in it. Cheating is cheating. And getting caught once usually means that you have been doing it for a long time.

Drob is gonna win this thread!!!

you do know that stealing signs is legal, right ?

so is trying to listen to a play being called from the other huddle......yet you don't see any NFL teams with a microphone set up inside the opponents huddle

if this was a legal thing they did, why the fine and loss of draft pick?

Why did they destroy the LIBRARY of tapes the Patriots had on file?

Because who knows how long they were doing it before they were caught? Who knows how much information they captured from how many teams, including the ones they played this year.

Did you ever think that I didn't disappear, I just choose not to waste a lot of time responding to a very unintelligent poster like yourself? Even though I realize you're a little dim-witted, you can't tell me that you honestly think that the only time the Patriots benefitted from their cheating was one half of the Jets game. Come on..tell me that you don't think that.

OK, so this is your same rationalization. You're the guy who thinks that an NFL team uses the same signals year in and year out. So if the Patriots taped the Colts signals last year, the Colts would use those same signals again this year. Especially since they would now know there's a chance that the Patriots might have taped them last year. Is this your argument? You keep saying that they benefited, but never explain exactly how they benefited. Since I'm so "dimwitted", I just need an explanation. Please explain, or just give up. :first:

OK... since Newbie can't add anything intelligent to back this up, maybe you can. How did the Patriots taping of other teams coaches benefit them in any of their wins this year?? Since there are so many out there that claim this, I'd just like an intelligent explanation.

OK, so this is your same rationalization. You're the guy who thinks that an NFL team uses the same signals year in and year out. So if the Patriots taped the Colts signals last year, the Colts would use those same signals again this year. Especially since they would now know there's a chance that the Patriots might have taped them last year. Is this your argument? You keep saying that they benefited, but never explain exactly how they benefited. Since I'm so "dimwitted", I just need an explanation. Please explain, or just give up. :first:

Ok. You win. There was absolutely no benefit or competitive advantage. Apparently the league's commissioner agrees with you. That's why he didn't take away a first round draft pick or fine them a steep amount of money.

Yup. It was a totally harmless infraction. Keep on believing it and maybe, someday, their Super Bowl titles and this undefeated season might actually mean something again. :doh:

It's not up to anyone but Bellicheat to explain how they benefited. Obviously he had a real need to do this, there had to be some benefit or else he would have never risked it after getting caught so many times by opposing teams (at least twice last season) and he ignored warnings by the league entering this season.

So how can anyone say they were of no benefit? Why did Bellicheat decide to cheat if it didn't help him. Why did he have a library of tapes that the NFL had to review and destroy. You don't destroy perfectly legal tapes....sorry but this scandal was more than 1 quarter of 1 game. There would have been no need to destroy their library if it was on the straight and narrow. In fact, the NFL would have been happy to give the tapes back and claim this was a one time incident and all other tapes in teh library were normal coaches tapes of past games. But they couldn't cause obviously the LIBRARY of tapes was illegal. You think the Pats would have let them destroy legal coaching tapes? I don't think so, no way.

Answer....it did help him, and probably a lot or he would have never done it.

This is probably the best thing that could happen for the worst city in the US.

Boston is a craphole.

The greatest team in the history of the planet

That would be the 1966-67 Philadelphia 76ers.

Ok. You win. There was absolutely no benefit or competitive advantage. Apparently the league's commissioner agrees with you. That's why he didn't take away a first round draft pick or fine them a steep amount of money.

Yup. It was a totally harmless infraction. Keep on believing it and maybe, someday, their Super Bowl titles and this undefeated season might actually mean something again. :doublethumbsup:

Apparently I do win. You keep talking about the effect on games prior to this year, which is what the league penalized them for. I'm talking about this year. THIS YEAR!!! You have nothing to back up your comments. Man, that was too easy!! :overhead:

This is probably the best thing that could happen for the worst city in the US.

Boston is a craphole.

:doublethumbsup:

You can say stuff about the team cheating. You can complain about our coach, but when someone from Houston says that our city is a craphole, you lose all credibility. You live in North Mexico City :overhead:

It will not matter when they loose to the Jags in the playoffs.

It's not up to anyone but Bellicheat to explain how they benefited. Obviously he had a real need to do this, there had to be some benefit or else he would have never risked it after getting caught so many times by opposing teams (at least twice last season) and he ignored warnings by the league entering this season.

So how can anyone say they were of no benefit? Why did Bellicheat decide to cheat if it didn't help him. Why did he have a library of tapes that the NFL had to review and destroy. You don't destroy perfectly legal tapes....sorry but this scandal was more than 1 quarter of 1 game. There would have been no need to destroy their library if it was on the straight and narrow. In fact, the NFL would have been happy to give the tapes back and claim this was a one time incident and all other tapes in teh library were normal coaches tapes of past games. But they couldn't cause obviously the LIBRARY of tapes was illegal. You think the Pats would have let them destroy legal coaching tapes? I don't think so, no way.

Man, I'm getting tired of asking all you guys this. You all keep talking about what may have benefited them in the past. Yes, tapes were destroyed. Yes, they were fined. Yes, they lost a draft pick. We all know that!! But my post isn't about that. My post is about their games THIS YEAR!! Please tell me how any of this benefited them in any of their 16 wins so far this year. All of you just keep harping on the same stuff that may have benefited them in the past. Please tell me about games 1-16 in the 2007 season. How did they benefit? I'm listening.

...who knows how long they were doing it before they were caught? ....

That about sums it up for almost any team, franchise, or single player for that matter. When a flag is thrown etc., they have outed a "cheater". When a player is tested positive for roids or drugs, they found a cheater and they punish him.

The question is how many other teams have found ways to "cheat" but are not questioned because they haven't been caught. The standard has been set, you're a cheater when you get caught and appropriately punished by the rules or aristocrapy in charge. In the case of the NE, the coach was caught and punished...end of story...unless, someone can prove they benefited from other instances.

The Pats are 16-0 ---congrats to them and all of their fans.

As the commercial says, 'they are who we thought they were'. Since nobody is going to change anyones opinion in this matter, everybody has their thought of who they are/were and let's leave it at that.

It did help them, it helped inspire them to a 16 and shutthfockupinyouface 0 season :dunno:

What a mastermind Bellichick is....they awtta change the name of the lombardi trophy now and get it over with.... :pointstosky:

That would be the 1966-67 Philadelphia 76ers.

:dunno:

there has never been anything greatest ever to come out of philly and there never will be

:lol:

there has never been anything greatest ever to come out of philly and there never will be

Rocky Balboa down?

Best season by a reciever evaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Wrong. Even Moss himself has had a better year prior to this:

But the "Best season by a reciever evaaaahhhhhh!!!!!" would be:

Best dynasty ever was the John Wooden lead UCLA Bruins in 60's & 70's. Second place goes to Russell's Celtics...11 rings.

You morons who feel the need to hate on the Patriots by placing that stupid asterisk on everything related to the Patriots don't have a freaking clue about how the actual NFL players feel. While you're drowning you sorrows in warm Boone's Farm read this fact of life. The New York Giants probably just sacrificed their playoff chances by giving the Patriots a damn good fight. Obviously I'm a Pat's fan and I wanted 16-0, but I was glad to see a fight last night. That game meant nothing in the standings. If that game was truly meaningless because of the Patriots' infraction which was very early in the season and had no bearing throughout the season then why did the Giant's fight it out? Why did the Giants probably lose their starting center?They did it because they did not want to be the team to give up 16-0 and they didn't want to roll over BECAUSE THE GAME MEANT SOMETHING! You retards really need to wake up realize that the Patriots are for real and stand a good chance to achieve perfection. So take that asterisk and stick in up your collective a$$e$!

Man, I'm getting tired of asking all you guys this. You all keep talking about what may have benefited them in the past. Yes, tapes were destroyed. Yes, they were fined. Yes, they lost a draft pick. We all know that!! But my post isn't about that. My post is about their games THIS YEAR!! Please tell me how any of this benefited them in any of their 16 wins so far this year. All of you just keep harping on the same stuff that may have benefited them in the past. Please tell me about games 1-16 in the 2007 season. How did they benefit? I'm listening.

I don't think it helped them this season, but most of your Patriot friends are trying to make it out that the Patriots never did this before the first quarter of the Jets game.

I think this scandal helped them a great deal in the past, a huge deal considering how Bellicheat insisted on cheating all the time even when the cameraman was found and told to leave and even when the league warned them, even against teams like the pathetic Detroit Lions :music_guitarred:

You morons who feel the need to hate on the Patriots by placing that stupid asterisk on everything related to the Patriots don't have a freaking clue about how the actual NFL players feel. While you're drowning you sorrows in warm Boone's Farm read this fact of life. The New York Giants probably just sacrificed their playoff chances by giving the Patriots a damn good fight. Obviously I'm a Pat's fan and I wanted 16-0, but I was glad to see a fight last night. That game meant nothing in the standings. If that game was truly meaningless because of the Patriots' infraction which was very early in the season and had no bearing throughout the season then why did the Giant's fight it out? Why did the Giants probably lose their starting center?They did it because they did not want to be the team to give up 16-0 and they didn't want to roll over BECAUSE THE GAME MEANT SOMETHING! You retards really need to wake up realize that the Patriots are for real and stand a good chance to achieve perfection. So take that asterisk and stick in up your collective a$$e$!

That is a very mean-spirited post. I hope you fel good about yourself.

How much will it really mean if they don't win the Super Bowl?

It will still mean something, just not as much as if they go 19-0.

Poor attempt at getting across what ever point you were trying to make. They are tainted meat. I can't help that.......they just are! They did it, we're just stuck with that fact.

Poor attempt at getting across what ever point you were trying to make. They are tainted meat. I can't help that.......they just are! They did it, we're just stuck with that fact.

It's not like it's an opinion...it's a fact, they were caught cheating this season and the Pats had an entire batch of tapes destroyed which is fact that they were up to no good in past seasons too. If the league had reviewed their library of tapes, said there was nothing wrong with them and sent them back to the Pats, this discussion would not be taking place.

You can't spin a fact away.

It's not like it's an opinion...it's a fact, they were caught cheating this season and the Pats had an entire batch of tapes destroyed which is fact that they were up to no good in past seasons too. If the league had reviewed their library of tapes, said there was nothing wrong with them and sent them back to the Pats, this discussion would not be taking place.

You can't spin a fact away.

Why are you aiming this at me???

I (we) are not the ones tainting their run, and their organizational image, past or present. They took care of that.

Their run is not tainted. :lol:

i'm not a pats fan and could care less, but any fan of any other team trying to drag them down and get sour on them because of some "camera gate" thing is really, really, really, really jealous.

give the pats their due. they are by far the best football team in a generation and tom brady is simply the best qb--hands down--in the nfl today. and when he does retire will be known as arguably the greatest qb of all-time.

that's simply reality. like i said, i could care less about the pats. but you fans of other teams in here whining and being immature and jealous need to step up to the altar and give the pats and brady their proper due. you seeing something that comes around once a generation (if you're lucky).

i'm not a pats fan and could care less, but any fan of any other team trying to drag them down and get sour on them because of some "camera gate" thing is really, really, really, really jealous.

give the pats their due. they are by far the best football team in a generation and tom brady is simply the best qb--hands down--in the nfl today. and when he does retire will be known as arguably the greatest qb of all-time.

that's simply reality. like i said, i could care less about the pats. but you fans of other teams in here whining and being immature and jealous need to step up to the altar and give the pats and brady their proper due. you seeing something that comes around once a generation (if you're lucky).

:thumbsup:

Their run is not tainted. :thumbsup:

They're all just haters, Barry!!!!

Cheating taints nothing!!!! :music_guitarred:

That's the beautiful thing about opinions. You can have yours, but you have to accept the fact that I have my own. We both have many who agree with us. Ain't it great!

They're all just haters, Barry!!!!

Cheating taints nothing!!!! :music_guitarred:

Quote manipulation? Weak. :thumbsdown: