Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

If Favre wins the Superbowl

Steve Young

He's the best of all time.

He broke alot of Montana's records in half the time.

If he wasnt Barry Manillo's back-up he'd have every record.

Most accurate passer in history.

He could beat you with his feet and he rarely made a big mistake.

If I had to win one game I'd take Steve Young to win me that game.

Steve Young

You are an idiot! Joe Montana is the best! Get off the drugs!

As much as it pains me to say it, Horse teeth (Elway) is the GOAT. As a Raiders fan, that makes me want to throw up, but it is the truth.

Dude won games on his own all the time. The Donks first couple superbowl teams were the su(k. He singlehandedly carried that team to the playoffs year after year during the Reeves era.

Marino is in the same vein, except he had Clayton and Duper. And he never won a Lombardi, that has to knock him down a bit.

Manning, Montana, Brady, Aikman, Bradshaw, Young all have or probably will have, more rings than Elway when its all said and done, but they are all playing with a seriously stacked deck. All of these qb's play or played with the most talented team in the league at the time. Now some might argue that the Patsies* first superbowl team (2001) wasn't all that talented. But they had a killer defense already in place and an above average oline. Not a great team, but certainly better than what Elway played with early in his career.

To be considered the GOAT, you have to do the most with the least.

I argue all the time with my buds that Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson or Larry Bird are not the greatest NBA players ever, its Hakeem or Isaiah Thomas. Again, more with less. Jordans Bulls won 50 games without him. Bird had arguably the greatest frontcourt ever and Magic, well he had plenty of all timers to dish the rock to.

Hakeem and Isaiah won multiple titles with NO other great players on the team with them. That constitutes the GOAT, thats why its Elway for greatest NFL qb ever.

Also of note, most NFL scouts and personnel people that have been quoted have said Elway is the single greatest qb talent ever in the NFL. And I've read where some said he is arguably the greatest talent period irregardless of position, ever in football.

Didn't even bother to read this thread. Just wondering from the people that did:

How many Favre haters reverted to the old & tired, "He only has a championship now because of Desmond Howard." :banana:

In 9 pages, if it's less than a dozen, I'm shocked!

Didn't even bother to read this thread. Just wondering from the people that did:

How many Favre haters reverted to the old & tired, "He only has a championship now because of Desmond Howard." :mad:

In 9 pages, if it's less than a dozen, I'm shocked!

He only has a championship now because of Desmond Howard. This is true! :banana:

He only has a championship now because of Desmond Howard. This is true! :music_guitarred:

And Emmitt only has the rushing/TD record because of his Oline. This is true. :music_guitarred:

And Emmitt only has the rushing/TD record because of his Oline. This is true. :thumbsup:

And Montana due to his o line and the same for Brady. I guess Emmitt never broke a tackle or played hurt. :)

And Montana due to his o line and the same for Brady. I guess Emmitt never broke a tackle or played hurt. :pointstosky:

Yep, it takes the collective effort of all for them to be great, just like Emmitt. Carry on homer!! :dunno:

Dear Joe Montana,

You can sleep well now. Only a Tom Brady 5 TD, MVP, lights out performance in the SB will dethrown you. :dunno:

Sincerely,

KSB2424

Steve Young

Steve Young was 8 and 6 in his career in the playoffs. Best of all time? :dunno:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Steve Young was 8 and 6 in his career in the playoffs. Best of all time? :dunno:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Yeah, but Young didn't have all those weapons that Montana had.....oh wait...

Well, Montana ran a system that was set up for him to excell......umm...

Montana played in a much tougher conference....no...

Young was better under pressure.....that won't do it...

Young played a tougher in opponent in his lone Super Bowl....nope, again.....

Montana beats Young in every single category. I think Young was a great QB. He could improvise and do all the great things you want your QB to do. He just wasn't Joe.

Yeah, but Young didn't have all those weapons that Montana had.....oh wait...

Well, Montana ran a system that was set up for him to excell......umm...

Montana played in a much tougher conference....no...

Young was better under pressure.....that won't do it...

Young played a tougher in opponent in his lone Super Bowl....nope, again.....

Montana beats Young in every single category. I think Young was a great QB. He could improvise and do all the great things you want your QB to do. He just wasn't Joe.

Steve Young isn't even in the top 10 of all time. 1 superbowl with the 49ers and that came against San Diego? :dunno:

Steve Young isn't even in the top 10 of all time. 1 superbowl with the 49ers and that came against San Diego? :doublethumbsup:

So that Young played at a time where every year he had to get past monster teams like Dallas and Green Bay that would dominate Super Bowls makes him a worse quarterback than Brady who was a participant (read 130 yards in a Super Bowl victory) against much worse competition.... needing his kicker and defense to barely sneak by 3 of the worst football teams in the history of the Super Bowl.

Brady and the Patriots in the mid-90s.

-- 0 Championships.... (Not making it out of the first round if they're in the NFC)

-- Brady has Don Majkowski lifetime stats without the rings.

Congrats to Brady for playing at the right time and on the right team.... :thumbsup:

So that Young played at a time where every year he had to get past monster teams like Dallas and Green Bay that would dominate Super Bowls makes him a worse quarterback than Brady who was a participant (read 130 yards in a Super Bowl victory) against much worse competition.... needing his kicker and defense to barely sneak by 3 of the worst football teams in the history of the Super Bowl.

Brady and the Patriots in the mid-90s.

-- 0 Championships.... (Not making it out of the first round if they're in the NFC)

-- Brady has Don Majkowski lifetime stats without the rings.

Congrats to Brady for playing at the right time and on the right team.... <_<

I thought you were going to start bringing some fresh material this week.... :banana:

I thought you were going to start bringing some fresh material this week.... <_<

In Donhaas' defense, Brady did absolutely nothing this week to warrant the need for any new material. His three interception performance actually made last week's statements more accurate.

I thought you were going to start bringing some fresh material this week.... :P

My heart's not in it any more.... <_<

He only has a championship now because of Desmond Howard. This is true! :shocking:

That is an unsubstantiated opinion. Look at his stats that game...then tell us again how it was all Desmond Howard. :dunno:

My heart's not in it any more.... :headbanger:

:(

I really was rooting for the Pack. I don't even know a single focking Giants fan. :thumbsup:

:banana:

I really was rooting for the Pack. I don't even know a single focking Giants fan. :thumbsdown:

you'll find some now...

Yes, if he manages to win the Superbowl after losing this week to the Giants, I will consider him the best ever. :thumbsdown:

Anybody know what the Vegas odds for the above are? :banana: